UU Warstory: A Prayer Answered

A couple weeks ago I randomly decided to make a UU team. I don't battle very much because I was a little bored with the OU metagame, and was only a slightly above average battler to begin with. I figured a new metagame might spice things up a bit for me. I was instantly enamored with the UU environment, as everything was new and fresh. I'm definitely excited to be part of a metagame that's just taking shape. I really suggest anyone who is looking for a change of scenery should try out UU, especially so that I can find a match at obscure hours of the morning.

Moving to the actual battle, this is a short and sweet ladder match I had in late-August with a kindly fellow named guoguo. I don't pretend this is a showcase of tactical genius or a clash of UU titans, in fact a lot of tactical errors were made. It's really just an exciting back-and-forth match with a finish Smogon will be talking about for generations to come. Enjoy!

Team Diesel

Team guoguo

Key:
- Score will be in bold and red, blue, or green.
- Pokemon inflicted with a status will have their health in italics
- Comments made during the battle will be in italics and red or blue
- guoguo's pokemon that appear on both teams will have an asterisk next to their name.
- Teams are listed in order of appearance.
- Leftovers will be omitted.
- Pokemon with Leftovers: Froslass, Blastoise, Clefable, Leafeon, Vileplume, and my Claydol.

Rules:
Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause.

Without further ado, let the battle commence...

vs.

Diesel sent out Hitmontop.
guoguo sent out Claydol*.
Diesel switched in Claydol.
Claydol* used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

Hitmontop - 100%
Claydol* - 100%
Claydol - 100%

Obviously my TechniTop is not is a good situation here. I could Fake Out, but I'm Life Orbed so I decide not to bother. Time for a switch. Absol seems like the natural switch here, since it wouldn't be taking a hit, but I decide to go to a Claydol of my own since I don't want those rocks around. My plan is to Spin, SR, then switch to Drifblim as he Spins. It's a bit lofty to say the least, but it actually has worked before. Unlikely or not, it's a low-risk high-reward situation, so I give it a go.

---
vs.

Claydol* used Calm Mind.
Claydol's* special attack was raised.
Claydol's* special defence was raised.
Claydol used Rapid Spin.
Claydol blew away the spikes!
A critical hit!
Claydol* lost 6% of its health.

Claydol - 100%
Claydol* - 94%

I waste some luck on a Rapid Spin crit, which does a measly 6%. The Calm Mind was not expected, considering he just set up rocks, so my plan is foiled. Now I'm pretty confident he packs Ice Beam or Shadow Ball, since he clearly isn't using the standard Utility set. My Claydol has served its purpose, even though it didn't get me the advantage I'd hoped for. Now it's time to get out of the way and go to Absol hoping he'll Shadow Ball or even Calm Mind again.

---
vs.

Diesel switched in Absol.
Claydol* used Ice Beam.
Absol lost 65% of its health.

Absol - 35%
Claydol* - 94%

This was certainly not the outcome I was looking for, but I'm not too worried at this point, as Absol won't be taking another hit from Claydol anytime soon.

---
Absol used Sucker Punch.
It's super effective!
Claydol* lost 94% of its health.
guoguo's Claydol* fainted.
Absol lost 10% of its health.

Absol - 25%
Claydol* - KO'd

This was certainly not the outcome he'd hoped for, as his Claydol takes the most powerful priority move in the game for super effective damage. I don't know if he expected to live or not, but it was certainly a costly mistake on his part. I almost considered a Swords Dance here, thinking he'd switch, but I resisted my constant urge to overpredict and it paid off. I'm very happy to get his Claydol out of the way, since Ice/Ground is super effective against two thirds of my team.

---
6-5 Diesel
vs.

guoguo switched in Hitmontop*.

Even at 25% and Life Orb'd, Sucker Punch Absol is a valuable asset, so against his TechniTop I decide to save him for later...
---
Hitmontop* used Pursuit.
It's not very effective...
Absol lost 25% of its health.
Diesel's Absol fainted.
Hitmontop* lost 10% of its health.

Absol - KO'd
Hitmontop* - 90%

...and get buttsecksed from behind on my way out. Obviously I didn't see that one coming, despite considering Pursuit for my own TechniTop. This was a very nice play by him, as he knew I feared Mach Punch or Fake Out.

---
5-5 Tie
vs.

guoguo switched in Froslass.
Claydol used Psychic.
Froslass lost 41% of its health.

Claydol - 100%
Froslass - 65%

My original switch was to Drifblim, but in light of what just occurred I go to Claydol instead. I could use Stealth Rock in this situation, knowing he'll probably switch, but he didn't switch last time I thought he would, so I Psychic just to see if makes the same mistake twice. He doesn't, but I do score a nice hit on Froslass.

---
vs.

Diesel switched in Hitmontop.
Froslass used Ice Beam.
Hitmontop lost 39% of its health.

Hitmontop - 61%
Froslass - 71%

Obviously I'm forced to switch, and I bring in Hitmontop to eat the Ice Beam. He takes the hit pretty well, but more importantly leaves guoguo with a tough decision on his hands. Here he has to guess at what moves my TechniTop has, specifically if it has Pursuit or Bullet Punch. If I have Pursuit, he dies on a switch, and if he stays in he dies, but not before getting off another Ice Beam or perhaps a Destiny Bond (based on the damage he did I know he isn't Specs'd). If I have Bullet Punch, he switches for little cost, but if he stays in I KO. He takes his time to ponder this decision, and in the end he...

---
Hitmontop used Bullet Punch.
It's super effective!
Froslass lost 71% of its health.
guoguo's Froslass fainted.
Hitmontop lost 10% of its health.

Hitmontop - 51%
Froslass - KO'd

...stays in and gets Bullet Punched, which equals lights out for Froslass. So a failure to switch causes his pokemon to fall to a priority move for the second time. Specs'd or not, Froslass can do damage to my team in a hurry with those STAB Ice Beams, so being rid of her is a huge sigh of relief. I'm sure guoguo was kicking himself later in the battle after seeing the rest of my team and realizing what I already knew.

---
5-4 Diesel
vs.

guoguo switched in Blastoise.
Hitmontop used Fake Out.
But it failed!
Blastoise used Ice Beam.
Hitmontop lost 20% of its health.

Hitmontop - 31%
Blastoise - 100%

This is where things start to get painful for me. He switches in Blastoise, which doesn't concern my Hitmontop too much. I consider going to Manectric, but he's fragile, and I think Hitmontop's got everything under control. Then for some inexplicable reason I use Fake Out... that's right, Fake Out. I don't know why, I just did. This is very uncharacteristic of me, as I generally think my moves through more than I need to, so you better believe I was completely stunned at my own stupidity. However, I was still left with 31%, so I was hoping I could take another Ice Beam and be left with 1 or 2% after Life Orb damage, allowing me to attack a second time.

---
Blastoise used Ice Beam.
Hitmontop lost 21% of its health.
Hitmontop used Close Combat.
Blastoise lost 52% of its health.
Hitmontop's defence was lowered.
Hitmontop's special defence was lowered.
Hitmontop lost 10% of its health.

Hitmontop - 1%
Blastoise - 54%

I hit him with Close Combat for 52%, which pleases me. I'm also left with 1%, as I had hoped, which also pleases me. If I wasn't an idiot, maybe that would have been a KO with some damage variation help, maybe not. Either way, no crying over spilled milk, right?

---
Blastoise used Rapid Spin.
Hitmontop lost 1% of its health.
Diesel's Hitmontop fainted.

Hitmontop - KO'd
Blastoise - 60%

Well, maybe there is when you spill it twice in 30 seconds. This humiliating Rapid Spin KO ends a horrible string of plays by me, costing me my favorite pokemon in the process. I thought I was going first here, once again I don't know why, so I used Close Combat instead of Mach Punch. I think I misread the log, perhaps still flustered by my prior stupidity. Regardless, I should have known Blastoise was slightly faster in the first place. Anyway, time for a brief intermission.

Intermission:

This seems like a good point to recap, so let's. Despite shitting the bed on my last three plays, the battle is going pretty well for me at this point. Sure it's a tie game, but I've gotten rid of two pokemon that could have been very problematic for my team because of their attacks. So Claydol and Froslass are down, that's good. However, Hitmontop and Absol are also down, that's bad. Those were my only two physical attackers, so losing them both can weaken my offense severely. Now I have all special attackers, two of which are sweepers, two of which are defensive. Luckily Manectric and Vileplume are the two pokemon I need to have around at this point, and Drifblim is awesome in the late-game (you'll find out why), so I'm feeling pretty good at this point. I'm just hoping Claydol is the worst I've seen in terms of ability to wall my special attackers, but unfortunately I'm very wrong.

On to the situation at hand, it's time to get back on track and put the hurt on with Manectric. I assume he won't have another Ground-type since I've already seen a Claydol and a bulky water, so I Thunderbolt away...

---
4-4 Tie
vs.

Diesel switched in Manectric.
guoguo switched in Clefable.
Manectric used Thunderbolt.
Clefable lost 41% of its health.
Manectric lost 10% of its health.

Manectric - 90%
Clefable - 65%

...only to have one of the last pokemon I want to see rear its ugly head. Once again, both my physical attackers are out of the way, so I know I won't be killing Clefable without a price, if I kill it at all. Luckily it doesn't have Toxic Orb, so my plan is to find out what havoc it wants to wreak on my team, then go to Vileplume and put it to sleep. For now there's no point in leaving Manectric out to own itself with Life Orb, knowing he'll be using Softboiled, so I opt for a free switch.

---
vs.

Clefable used Softboiled.
Clefable restored 35% of its health.

Claydol - 100%
Clefable - 100%

I switch to Claydol for a number of reasons. First, he's not as valuable to me as his teammates at this point. Second, can take whatever Clefable throws at him, including Ice Beam (although this would be his 4th pokemon with Ice Beam, so that doesn't worry me as much). And third, he can set up rocks, even though they aren't that valuable knowing what three of his remaining four pokemon are.

---
Claydol used Stealth Rock.
Clefable used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Claydol lost 31% of its health.

Claydol - 75%
Clefable - 100%

Shadow Ball is slightly unexpected, but not entirely unwelcome since it all but assures me he doesn't carry Ice Beam. Now I've got rocks up and can safely make the switch I want.

---
vs.

Diesel switched in Vileplume.
Clefable used Seismic Toss.
Vileplume lost 28% of its health.

Vileplume - 78%
Clefable - 100%

Seismic Toss was also unexpected, but I've basically given up on prediction when it comes to Clefables. Despite this pathetic damage, I'm hoping he'll stay in for the Sleep Powder...

---
Vileplume used Sleep Powder.
Vileplume's attack missed!

Vileplume - 56%
Clefable - 100%

...and he does, but I miss as usual.

---
Clefable fell asleep!

Vileplume - 34%
Clefable - 100%

If he didn't switch before, he probably won't switch after, so I try again. My second attempt succeeds, and now I have confidence I can get rid of this pest. I'm not sure what he'll do here, but I have the feeling he's going to TechniTop, so I decide to stick with Vileplume. This is a Bold Vileplume, making it very bulky, so I'm confident it can at least wear down his Hitmontop.

---
vs.

guoguo switched in Leafeon.
Pointed stones dug into Leafeon.
Leafeon lost 12% of its health.
Vileplume used Energy Ball.
Leafeon lost 21% of its health.
Leafeon's special defence was lowered.

Vileplume - 40%
Leafeon - 73%

However, my prediction is wrong and he goes to his last hidden pokemon, Leafeon. I was pleasantly surprised at my Energy Ball, which not only did a decent 21%, but also lowered his Special Defense. Unfortunately its the only attack Vileplume carries, so he was very lucky he didn't switch into one with Sludge Bomb or HP Fire. To be perfectly honest, at the time I didn't know exactly what common Leafeons like to do besides SD and Leaf Blade, so I didn't feel comfortable going to a sweeper.

---
Leafeon used Swords Dance.
Leafeon's attack was sharply raised.
Vileplume used Stun Spore.
Leafeon is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Vileplume - 46%
Leafeon - 79%

I decide Vileplume's a safe bet and I stay in to paralyze it, hoping for some hax later. Now I have a decision on my hands. Manectric would have an easy KO with Flamethrower, but even with potential parahax I wouldn't dare switch it into a boosted attack of any kind from Leafeon. Drifblim resists most of what Leafeon can dish out, but if for some reason he decides to go to TechniTop right here then Pursuit would leave me in a world of hurt. With Leafeon paralyzed and Energy Ball doing over 30%, I figure I can at least come close to KO'ing with Vileplume if he doesn't switch. Passing up the first two options, it looks like my little toxic friend will have to keep on truckin'...

---
A critical hit!
Leafeon lost 64% of its health.
Leafeon is paralysed! It can't move!

Vileplume - 52%
Leafeon - 21%

...and truck he will! The critical hit and parahax combo leaves his Leafeon reeling and leaves me and my Vileplume feeling very lucky indeed.

---
Leafeon lost 21% of its health.
guoguo's Leafeon fainted.

Vileplume - 58%
Leafeon - KO'd

An easy KO from here, and miraculously Vileplume is back over 50% health.
---
4-3 Diesel
vs.

Pointed stones dug into Hitmontop*.
Hitmontop* lost 6% of its health.
Hitmontop* used Fake Out.
Vileplume lost 22% of its health.
Hitmontop* lost 10% of its health.
Vileplume flinched!

Vileplume - 42%
Hitmontop* - 74%

He sends in TechniTop for what turns out to be a hit-and-run Fake Out. Normally this is where I'd bring in Drifblim for an easy sweep, but once again Pursuit isn't out of my way yet, not by a long shot

---
vs.

Pointed stones dug into Clefable.
Vileplume used Stun Spore.
But it failed!

Vileplume - 48%
Clefable - 100%

With Vileplume still looking healthy I decide to paralyze Hitmontop, then switch. Instead he makes a nice play and switches to Clefable to wear off its sleep and absorb my attack.

---
vs.

Diesel switched in Drifblim.
Clefable is fast asleep!

Drifblim - 100%
Clefable - 100%

I decide now is the best time to bring in Drifblim for the sweep, since he'll probably just wait for Clefable to wake up, not realizing what's in store for his unsuspecting fairy. This my Timid Calm Mind sweeping Drifblim, taken straight from the "Sorting Through the Creative Moveset" thread. Most people expect it to pass of Subs, but this Drifblim can get dangerous in a hurry.

---
Drifblim used Calm Mind.
Drifblim's special attack was raised.
Drifblim's special defence was raised.
Clefable woke up!
Clefable used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Drifblim lost 25% of its health.

Drifblim - 75%
Clefable - 100%

I Calm Mind up, preparing to unleash some pain, and Clefable wakes up earlier than I'd hoped. However, his Shadow Ball does a pathetic 25% after a Calm Mind, so I'm not in much danger.

---
Drifblim used Calm Mind.
Drifblim's special attack was raised.
Drifblim's special defence was raised.
Clefable used Thunder Wave.
Drifblim is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Drifblim - 75%
Clefable - 100%

I Calm Mind again, and he T-Waves. For the third time, Clefable uses a move I don't see coming. Nevertheless, I know I'll get the last laugh with a move he doesn't see coming...

---
vs.

guoguo switched in Blastoise.
Pointed stones dug into Blastoise.
Blastoise lost 12% of its health.
Drifblim used Rest.
Drifblim fell asleep!
Drifblim lost its burden!
Drifblim's Chesto Berry cured its Sleep!
Drifblim restored 25% of its health.

Drifblim - 100%
Blastoise - 53%

...and there it is, one of my favorite moves in the game. All at once Drifblim goes from damaged and paralyzed to mint condition with two boosts Calm Mind and a speed boost courtesy of Unburden. It's always more gratifying against a faster pokemon so that the speed boost matters, but the Blastoise he switches in here will do just fine. Anyhow, I decide to Rest here because I don't want to risk staying paralyzed or being critted or what have you. Even though I probably could use Calm Mind one more time, I play it safe here and am pretty confident in my ability to sweep. Clearing the way for Drifblim is one of the main goals of my team, and I think I've done a pretty good job of executing my strategy. Now let's see it in action.

---
Drifblim used Shadow Ball.
Blastoise lost 53% of its health.
guoguo's Blastoise fainted.

Drifblim - 100%
Blastoise - KO'd

A devastating Shadow Ball easily disposes of Blastoise, leaving me almost certain I have the match in the bag.

---
4-2 Diesel
vs.

Pointed stones dug into Hitmontop*.
Hitmontop lost 6% of its health.
Drifblim used Shadow Ball.
Hitmontop* lost 61% of its health.
Hitmontop* used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Drifblim lost 100% of its health.
Diesel's Drifblim fainted.
Hitmontop* lost 7% of its health.
guoguo's Hitmontop* fainted.

Drifblim - KO'd
Hitmontop* - KO'd

But in a crazy turn of events, the unthinkable happens. He switches in Hitmontop, which survives my Shadow Ball and strikes back with a critical hit Pursuit, leaving my seemingly invincible Drifblim a deflated heap on the ground. Needless to say I was in complete shock at this catastrophe. Luckily he's KO'd by Life Orb, and I can still win the match, so my bubble isn't completely burst (pun intended).

---
3-1 Diesel
vs.

Diesel switched in Vileplume.
Pointed stones dug into Clefable.
Vileplume's attack missed!

Vileplume - 27%
Clefable - 100%

We both send out our obvious choices. Now to just put Clefable to sleep and cruise to... oh noes. Now I've really screwed the pooch. What looked like an easy win has suddenly turned into a huge debacle.

---
Vileplume lost 27% of its health.
Diesel's Vileplume fainted.

Vileplume - KO'd
Clefable - 100%

In retrospect I may have been able to switch Vileplume out here, then switch back into a Softboiled later on in the battle and live a Seismic Toss, so letting it die here was a stupid mistake, especially considering my next pokemon, Claydolm, is basically worthless at this stage in the battle.

---
2-1 Diesel
vs.

Claydol used Earth Power.
Clefable lost 19% of its health.

Claydol - 50%
Clefable - 87%

Seeing the laughable damage Claydol does to Clefable, I know I'm going to have to pull a rabbit out of my ass to win this one. I decide to just let Claydol get Clefable down to under 80% health so Manectric can OHKO with a T-bolt. The bleakest plan ever? Possibly.

---
Claydol used Earth Power.

Claydol - 25%
Clefable - 74%

Lather, rinse, repeat.

---
Claydol used Psychic.
Claydol lost 25% of its health.
Diesel's Claydol fainted.

Claydol - KO'd
Clefable - 63%

And finally Claydol bites the dust. He probably should have Softboiled on that last turn, with nothing to lose by doing so. Apparently neither of us had much faith in my Manectric.

---
1-1 Tie
vs.

Diesel switched in Manectric.
Clefable lost 44% of its health.
Clefable restored 50% of its health.

Manectric - 80%
Clefable - 75%

If I don't score a Critical Hit before he gets over 88%, then he can Softboil his way to victory, as Life Orb counts down to my defeat.

---
Clefable lost 39% of its health.
Clefable restored 50% of its health.

Manectric - 70%
Clefable - 92%

No crit and shitty damage variation. Sad face.

---
Manectric used Substitute.
Manectric lost 25% of its health.
Manectric made a substitute!
Clefable used Thunder Wave.
But it failed!

Manectric - 45%
Clefable - 98%

I decide to Substitute, just in case he wants to Shadow Ball or T-wave, since he probably realizes that even with a critical hit I'll still 2HKO. He in fact does decide T-Wave, so yay Diesel. But despite my first smart play in a while, there's now just one way to victory...

Diesel: parahax plz

So I pray to God, Ala, Arceus, and every other diety I can think of, to grant this poor trainer some hax.

---
Clefable lost 38% of its health.
Clefable is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
The substitute took damage for Manectric!
Manectric's substitute faded!

Manectric - 35%
Clefable - 66%

And in a miracle of biblical proportions, Clefable gets paralyzed!!!

guoguo: lol
Diesel: LOL!

Unfortunately, Life Orb is still taking its toll, and he can now KO me with Seismic Toss, so its gg for me unless...

---
Clefable lost 44% of its health.
Clefable is paralysed! It can't move!

Manectric - 25%
Clefable - 28%

Clefable can't move! Unbelievable! I was knocking on death's door, but apparently Manectric had other ideas.

---
guoguo: haha
guoguo: gg
Diesel: gg

Clefable lost 28% of its health.
guoguo's Clefable fainted.

Diesel wins!

And with the final turn I Thunderbolt that pink freak back to Mt. Moon! What a spectacular finish.

Props:
1. Hax! - They made this otherwise ordinary battle a warstory, and in my opinion were very fair to both sides.
2. guoguo's TechniTop - For using my Pursuit idea, buttsecksing my Absol, and getting a clutch(?) crit on my Drifblim.
3. Clefable - For taking a beating and almost winning the game for its team.
4. Vileplume - What didn't it do? Besides land that last Sleep Powder...
5. Drifblim - Shoulda coulda woulda had that sweep.

Slops:
1. My TechniTop - I let you down, old friend. My bad.
2. Clefable - For being so annoying and almost losing the game for my team.
3. guoguo's Claydol, Froslass and Leafeon - Owned. Their failures ultimately cost him the match.
4. Mistakes - A lot were made on both sides.

Summary:
This was a pretty typical UU match, with a fairly common cast of characters, minus Steelix, Ninetales, and even the ubiquitous Rotom (although we made up for it with double the Hitmontops and Claydols). Still, you always see something new, and never quite know what your opponent will throw at you or what their pokemon might be carrying. There's a lot of talk about how the UU metagame is even more centralized than OU, but it's ever-changing, and you can see this literally from week to week. In August I've seen much less of Steelix, Rotom on every team, and now even new pokemon (Aerodactyl, Venusaur and company). That's the beauty of UU in my opinion, and it's still as exciting now as when I began a month ago.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Post comments, question, revisions, etc. I'm always happy to hear them.

~Diesel

I was sad when resting drifblim didn't sweep. mebbe if you didn't rest off the bat, you could've gotten another 1 or 2 cm's, sealing the deal. cool match nontheless

Not the worlds most beautifully played match, but honestly the truth of the matter is it's fun to see things get a little wild and crazy every once in awhile.

I like the format Diesel, something about the behind views of the pokes like your actually battling really makes a warstory cool.

Awesome war story kept me interested throughout the whole thing. Normally I would've gone crazy with the amount of hax, but I agree it did seem fair for both sides. Nice match and congrats on the win

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A couple of moves that left much to be wished on both sides (fake out, lol), but it was certainly entertaining. BTW Earth Power has the same effect/bp as psychic so it didn't matter one way or another.

I hate clefable so much, glad to see it go down. Little haxy on both sides, but the parahax by makes up for the crithax guo.

Nice warstory.

Thanks for the comments guys. And yea, Drifblim is awesome, props to whoever created that set (and you, Stathakis).

Anything people think I should do to improve this or future warstories?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd say try to pick a battle without any "doh!" moments. I find them to take away from it. Also, one that has a stronger opponent. Quite frankly, in the story he read as being rather weak. If you hadn't made the mistake with technitop, I'd guess this would not have been close.

Format and comment wise, it was great though. I'm not a fan of colors and pictures usually, but they were used conservatively enough that it came accross very well. Good job there.

haha, lovely. May I suggest that you put your thoughts about what to do next before you show the battle results of that? Seeing stuff like:

Hitmontop used Bullet Punch!
Froslass fainted!

not sure what to do here between Pursuit and Bullet Punch, I Bullet Punch hoping he stays in, etc

is kind of anticlimatic. Rather:

Not sure on what to do here, I need to choose between Bullet Punch (if he stays in) or Pursuit (if he stays out). I decide to go for Bullet Punch and pray to whoever that he doesn't switch...

Hitmontop used Bullet Punch!
Froslass dies!

Score! Next up is....

i nearly cried when drifblim was OHKO'ed. I never see them in action, and your one looked ace. oh well, that was exciting.

Thanks for all the comments, guys, I appreciate. Especially Mekkah and Chou for the constructive criticism.

And yes, poor Drifblim :( But without the crit I woulda won in far less dramatic fashion. He's got plenty of late-game sweeps under his belt already anyhow.

Mekkah - I was slightly unclear on what you had to say. Does that mean I should basically move most of my comments up one log, or only the more dramatic ones? I think I kind of did what you suggested for parts of the battle and did what you said not to other parts.

What about stuff like:

guoguo switched in Froslass.
Claydol used Psychic.
Froslass lost 41% of its health.

Claydol - 100%
Froslass - 65%

My original switch was to Drifblim, but in light of what just occurred I go to Claydol instead. I could use Stealth Rock in this situation, knowing he'll probably switch, but he didn't switch last time I thought he would, so I Psychic just to see if makes the same mistake twice. He doesn't, but I do score a nice hit on Froslass.

Sorry for the confusion.

Is it alright to post a warstory that's ultimately decided on hax? Doesn't matter. Very interesting read. The teams in this match were very interesting, so were the sets used. Drifblim's run was just awesome.

The battle wasn't exactly "decided" by hax. With or without hax I would have won, they just made it more exciting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)