Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

This team is provided by CBU, Thanks! "I wanted to try out bolt beam cm Clef cause it thrashes Gliscor and Slowbro. My immidiate thought was what does that lose to? Scizor, came to mind so my immediate response was cruel cause spin plus spikes plus walls Scizor and switches into Primarina sort of. Then i was like well ground resist where so i decided specs hydra because that's the only way Hydreigon actually does damage+Latias is bad cause i hate pursuit. Next step was rocks. so uhm i really wanted a reliable ground type and krook was an L cause i already had hydra. so hippo is the solution. Ice fang as coverage is meh but catches things off guard like Latias. After that i felt like i had no physically attacking pressure and terrak got unbanned just recently so i used that plus it gave kind of priority"

Submission phase ends Thursday, May 4, at 11:59 pm EST.

Last edited:

Santu

is a Tiering Contributoris the 9th Grand Slam Winneris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

The first thing I missed in mind when looking at the team proposed by CBU is the enormous weakness of scizor despite there being tentacruel that is not enough to solve this problem. To solve this problem I immediately opted for a pokemon that could stop / trap it and who better than magneton, which in addition to snapping scizor also offers a lot of momentum to terrakion that takes much advantage of not having a real counter.
For this reason, if you choose magneton as the last member of the team to take advantage of its ability to trap the scizor, propose a change of instrument to hippowdon.

-->

Last edited:

Celebi @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire

I'd say Celebi offers quite a lot to this team. As the build is now, Tentacruel is under a lot of pressure to check Water-types and Scizor considering its lack of recovery; this Celebi set can take care of both. Celebi also provides the team with a second special sweeper that can be a wincon in its own right or wear down threats for Clefable to clean up. Another Ground-resistant Pokemon is always nice, and Natural Cure means that it can absorb status. Colbur Berry is slashed because CBU hates Pursuit and the team is rather vulnerable to Mega Sharpedo otherwise.

And the winner is....
Santu with his Magneton
submission. Congratulations!

Current Team

Cobalion @ Buginium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 16 Def / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Scald

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack

This team is provided by Cynde , Thanks! "So this team was built around sd bugzium Cobalion. While bug crystal Coba does have the capability to break past its psychic type checks, its ghost type checks like Chandelure, Doublade, Jellicent all remain a big nuisance which is where Hydreigon comes in. it has the ideal typing to punish both those and weaken mons like Slowbro so Cobalion can have an easier time. Slowbro gave me a bit of a buffer against Keldeo and Aerodactyl. the team as it stands was looking pretty weak to Primarina and Latias so that made toxic Empoleon an easy choice to help check both of these. Aerodactyl provides this team with the ability to check faster threats that can be a nuisance like Gengar or a weakened Latias"

Submission phase ends Wednesday, May 10, at 11:59 pm EST.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving nidoqueen

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 40 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
this team definitely wants an electric immunity, a rocker + an addtionial fairy and fighting resist would also be appreciated. nidoqueen fits this role nicely while also being able to soft check scizor w/ flamethrower; especially offensive sd variants can get annoying without aoa on coba. eq and pjab to better deal with cm kou and cm clef bc even tho slowbro theoretically beats it 1on1, clef's a pretty versatile mon w/ shit like boltbeam or even cm+toxic to its disposal. flamethrower>ice beam bc the rest of the team handles gliscor nicely and toxic spikes haven't been worth it over additional coverage from my experience.
ok ok the ev spread might seem a little weird but hear me out bc it actually works and here's why:

- 120atk 2shots max physdef clef with pjab after leftovers recovery and kills raikou after rocks with eq 100%.
- 40def always survives two bullet punch from either band sciz or +2 bulky sciz. it also survives +2 bp from lo/iron plate offensive scizor.
- the spdef investment with a sassy nature allows nido to take two hp ice from +1 kou and at the very least puts it in pursuit range from aero w/ eq (factoring in 2 turns of leftovers recovery & no rocks up).
- you could even pump enough speed for modest prima into this at the cost of the attack investment but all the good ones are timid anyway and since this team has toxic empo it's prob ok to go w/ the bulkier variant.
enjoy

help this img thingy doesnt go away what do i do

Last edited:

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
(normally I wouldn't participate bc I'm cohost, but King UU said it was ok)

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Obviously the number 1 missing element from the team is Stealth Rock, and the team is also missing a solid Raikou answer (and more generally, an Electric immunity). Hippo provides both of those as well as a backup check to things like Cobalion. Whirlwind lets it phaze out SD Scizors and CM Clefs. Sand Stream is great for giving Maero the SpDef boost.

Last edited:

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The winner of week 6 is...
Lord Esche with his Nidoqueen
submission. Congraluations!

Current Team

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Fire Blast

Latias @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

This team is provided by Accelgor, thanks for that! "This is a ‘Vincune’ team that Amaroq helped me build. The aforementioned Suicune set is one that is extremely frustrating to play against, and also gets to set up comfortably on a bunch of things. Mega Absol was added here to help trap threats to Vincune such as Calm Mind Latias and Slowking, Nasty Plot Celebi, and other potentially problematic mons like Gengar. We opted to go for a bulky Nidoqueen here, as it can lay down Toxic Spikes, which incidentally has great offensive synergy with Vincune and either helps to wear down the opposing team more quickly or offer more set up opportunities. Nidoqueen also doubles as a reliable check to Scizor, Clefable, Cobalion, and others that Suicune doesn’t necessarily want to try and beat in a one on one setting. Calm Mind Latias with Roost was the next addition, as this provides the team with a ground resist and a check to other prominent threats like Keldeo. It’s also one of the best win conditions in the tier at the moment and also gave the team another check to bulky waters and grass mons. Lastly, Cobalion helps to check Bisharp and Mega Aerodactyl, while having fantastic offensive and defensive synergy with Latias."

Submission phase ends Thursday, May 18, 11:59 pm EST.

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
this looks real solid

reserving clef

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish/Knock Off
This team lacks a safe switch-in vs. Dragons such as Hydreigon and Latias and would appreciate some speed control to slow down Scarfers, M-Aerodactyl and other 'mons faster than Absol. Clefable fulfills these requirements while also being a check to non-HC Aerodactyl, Krookodile (which seems mad annoying to deal with) and Sharpedo (Suicune has to hope for a burn and Cobalion isn't that hard to wear down). Having an additional Knock Off switch-in that does not fear Fighting STAB as well as a much safer status absorbing option than M-Absol is also a plus.

Concerning the last slot: I generally don't like doing slashes in these but I really am torn between these two options on this support Clefable. Knock Off seems practical in a lot of situations reducing the life span of Empoleon and Tentacruel (reducing the need for Scald-burn fishing with Suicune) as well as annoying Gliscor. However, Wish, while unconventional, helps Nidoqueen, Cobalion and Suicune stay healthy throughout the course of the match, aiding them in their task to check Scizor, Bisharp and M-Aerodactyl more reliably (go EQ>EP on Queen for CM Raikou imo).

EV Spread: Takes two Stone Edge from Adamant M-Aerodactyl, two Thousand Arrow from CB Zygarde, two Psychic from Life Orb Latias, two Flash Cannon from Scarf Hydreigon and two Modest Water Pulse from M-Blastoise.

ghostium-z raikou = x

also make cune 252hp pls 101 subs are too nice to give up

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think Stallbreaker Togekiss would work best here:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Roost

The team is in obvious need of a Fairy-type, as it's super weak to opposing Dragons. Cobalion can kind-of handle them, but on the other hand is also very busy trying to check Scizor and Bisharp so it is easily overloaded. Stallbreaker Togekiss helps the team a lot as it is also immune to Spikes obviously, just like Clefable, making switching in to Hydreigon for example a lot easier. Clefable is a very solid pick too, though. I was originally going to go with RestTalk Primarina to fix some of the issues the team has, but I felt the team was already okay-ish against most Fire-types and Keldeo without it too.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

I noticed this team would definitely appreciate a safe switch-in to specs Primarina as the water type can switch into M-Absol after a Pursuit kill and just start wreaking havoc. The only other Pokemon in that lineup that doesn't get OHkO'd by a bad switch into Prima is Suicune; whom without any form of instant recovery, doesn't really want to get dented by a Moonblast. On the topic of recovery, this roster is stacked with bulky teammates that Blissey would love to pass huge wishes off to. Having access to Heal Bell is also helpful for keeping said bulky allies as healthy as possible. Blissey's pure Normal typing also synergizes well with this team since its only weakness is covered fairly decently by Nidoqueen and Latias while on the flip side, it is Immune to the Ghost hits that Latias doesn't want to take and M-Absol can't afford to tank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)