Tournament UUFPL - Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOST WEEKLY INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS

:ss/Pyukumuku: :ss/Scyther: :ss/Scizor: :ss/Pyukumuku:

Each week I may or may not will rank Top 10 SS, and Top 5 of the other tiers, based on who is playing for that week. This will be based on a combination of various factors, including but not limited to how well they played in the previous week.

INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS FOR WEEK 4

1. pokemonisfun
  2. Luirromen
  3. ojr
  4. JustFranco
  5. EternalSnowman
  6. naviii 1
  7. itsjustdrew
  8. Panther-T
  9. gorex
  10. Maki

1. Thiago Nunes
  2. basaninho
  3. Lilburr or Ramolost
  4. Ramolost or Lilburr
  5. Adrift and Alone

1. Lyss
  2. CBU
  3. Amukamara
  4. Expulso
  5. Skysolo

1. DnB
  2. Abyssal Ruins
  3. Rabia
  4. FU SHUN HA
  5. martha

1. Estarossa
  2. luisotte
  3. Alkione
  4. vivalospride
  5. ara

1. Highways
  2. Solonor24
  3. LpZ
  4. Meri Berry
  5. zeefable

1. Diophantine
  2. Ewin
  3. Amaranth
  4. Lord Thorx
  5. cherryb0ng

1. Lusch
  2. EB0LA
  3. Shellnuts
  4. phoopes
  5. pacattacc

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Biased predictions.

Entralink Enteis v. Tangela Ever After

SS UU: jeza.p v. Luirromen - Dont know them
SS UU: Kitten Milk v. JustFranco - Kittenlegend
SS UU: spatulakun v. KJLX - Likes all my random posts
SM UU: Adrift and Alone v. Thiago Nunes
ORAS UU: toinha v. RaJ.Shoot - Dont know them
BW UU: faded love v. Nalorium - Asiancy bias
DPP UU: Drud v. luisotte - Dont know them
ADV UU: zeefable v. LpZ - biased
GSC UU: Diophantine v. Amaranth - Dont know them
RBY UU: Shellnuts v. Justamente - I know them

Yanmegatron and the Destroyers v. Flapple Bottom Jeans

SS UU: naviii 1 v. QWILY - Dont know them
SS UU: DKM v. Maki - Know them just not sure
SS UU: Monky25 v. Vaboh - Dont know them
SM UU: GotCookies v. avarice - biased gang
ORAS UU: Amukamara v. Expulso - Expulso an expert at loading up 6 goons in the builder, no time to waste. I respect it.
BW UU: Rabia v. martha - Mr. Goodbye and Good Riddance. He understands the philosophy of "spam broke" so I know he'll load up some heat to secure the victory.
DPP UU: ara v. Alkione - Know them but dont know, Alkione either gets lucky or lucked no in between lol.
ADV UU: Mac3 v. miraage
GSC UU: cherryb0ng v. Lord Thorx - Lord Thorx can pilot anything as long as he has or is supplied something solid.
RBY UU: Lusch v. ReeceHughes - Dont remember any of their RBY UU. I dont pay attention until it's in front of me lol.

Bad Lombres de Po Town v. Blipbug City Battlegirls

SS UU: itsjustdrew v. pokemonisfun
SS UU: EternalSnowman v. Panther-T
SS UU: Pannuracotta v. pichus
SM UU: Lilburr v. Ramolost
ORAS UU: Lyss v. CoolStoryBrobat
BW UU: Draphirion v. DnB
DPP UU: jcbc v. vivalospride
ADV UU: A Hero's Destiny v. Meri Berry
GSC UU: Yami v. Raahel
RBY UU: phoopes v. AM

Tropical Malamar Militia v. Hungry Hungry Hippowdons

SS UU: ojr v. gorex - The goat
SS UU: rinnegan418 v. ausma - ausma has not followed the teachings of "spam broke" but hopefully this will motivate her to use 1. broke 2. some disgusting stall.
SS UU: bb skarm v. Bandkrook - totally biased
SM UU: basaninho v. Staxi - The biased stall agenda
ORAS UU: CBU v. Skysolo - The biased semi-stall agenda
BW UU: FU SHUN HA v. Abyssal Ruins - just dont bring slow garbage
DPP UU: TMM v. Estarossa - TA bias
ADV UU: solonor24 v. Highways - Dont know them
GSC UU: Ewin v. vani - Dont know
RBY UU: pacattacc v. EB0LA - Ebola best player in the pool apparently but I havent watched rby uu replays since before this tour started to prep myself so I'll have to see later.

Utterly-unbiased predictions, based entirely on my ability to pronounce the names

I might include some phonetic transcriptions for the class, or in other words a transcription with characters that represent sounds that are more
universal and less open to interpretation than the english alphabet.
Keep in mind that:
-/k/ represents the sound in words like kick and carrot.
-Vowels can be short or long /i/ (big) /i:/ (green)
-Lastly there is a character/'/ which goes in front of the stressed syllable.

Yanmegatron and the destroyers vs Flapple Bottom Jeans (the boots with the fur)

> simpler and I think that there is no need to spell out why, plus the swagger of their name is just intimidating
And now for the real thing.
SS UU Navii - QWILY /na'vi:/ vs /kwi'li:/
what's a qwily? Is this some inside joke for people with a different keyboard layout? asdfg
SS UU DKM - Maki /di:kei'em/ vs /ma'ki:/
evenly matched, though if I had to base myself off pif's opinion then DKM would have the edge due to 3 letters in their name. Maki is obviously close though and has opted for the shortening of the sound over character length and has only 2 syllables.
SS UU Monky25 - vaboh /ˈmʌŋki/ - /va'b:o/
This is actually due to a perc of mine. If my assumption is correct and vaboh is italian then their name is child's play for me as it literally stands for "pfft i dunno" or "pfft idn" which can be further crunched together to something like "pfftdnnn". Of course if you want to get real serious you just mumble a long nasel sound of "mmmnn". Saying that it rolls off the tongue better than Moonkeee Twenteee Fiive is an understatement. If their name were spelt Monke I would have given the autowin considered how widespread the meme is.

SM UU GotCookies vs Avarice /gɒt ˈkʊkiz:/ - /'avaris/
Given this one to the one whose name is made entirely of Germanic based nouns and not some latinate word. Blame it on my upbringing in the Oreo and Chips ahoy isle at my local supermarket

ORAS UU Amukamara vs Expulso
Sorry but I legit get my teammates name wrong at least 2 times each time I see it. Is is A-kumama... no, wait Amu-Kamara.

BW UU rabia - martha
My italian side says rabia wins and my canadian side says martha.

DPP UU ara - Alkione > /al'ki:own/???
Ara basically went ahead and fixed the problem we saw in ORAS with Amukamara (or was it Akukamara)? Don't blame me though you'd get confused too if you shared a discord with someone named Tom and Thomas.

ADV UU Mac3 - miraage
When I found out that his name wasn't (Mach 3) but Mace I thought "good heavens! I mistook a cool name for an even cooler sounding one". Rolls off the tongue better in either case.

GSC UU I am very sensitive about this topic when it comes to me, so lets just not. No. I don't want to talk about this name. Can't believe I used my permanent name change for this.

RBY UU Lusch - ReeceHughes
On the spot of course my team loses, even though for me Lusch's name is simpler. I took too many classes on phonetics to not have to take into account the complexity of three independent letters such as <s>, <c>, and <h> forming a single /ʃ/ sound. I can imagine europeans not having a good time reading either name tbh.

Last edited:

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Drew is back, back again, in conjunction with BigFatMantis but also this British dude Cam, bringing you some more UUFPL recap content. Except this week... I listened to your constructive criticism! Who knew my stubborn ass had it in me.

So, there are two videos. The first is a general recap and our predictions for the next week. I even time stamped the sections for you because I am super cool. The second video is highlight games Cam and I chose which is a long video (also has time stamps).

Make sure to leave a like if you enjoy and comment because me and Cam worked overtime to feed the starving streets and make the content more entertaining. As always if you want your game to be covered please message me, if you want to join in to commentate please message me, if you have any criticisms or thoughts please message me. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)