UUSD IV - FINALS! WON BY THE SANDACONDAS!

Who you got?

• Tohjo Falls Dragonites

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Lake of Outrage Sandacondas

Votes: 44 61.1%

• Total voters

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
tnunes has won gg
1702253905664.png

MIONDA SANDACONDA
thanks everyone on the condas for a fun and successful tour. Highways proving not washed (entirely) coming back out of nowhere to not only make playoffs this time but getting to win the whole thing. it was great getting a first "real" win as manager (sorry PSPL). i can truly say there was no deadweight on this team. i really cannot emphasize enough how amazing it was having the whole team working together even when benched or pretty busy during the season. extra s/os for gum and Azick for signing up after I got annoying and Fc and Mossy Sandwich for going the extra mile with sv to lighten the current gen work.

Thiago Nunes

penguin council
RUPL Champion
gj goats, sorry for not being that active + not doing my best season + being a bit washed in DPP, glad i could win this last one for u, u deserve it
thanks A LOT for the whole support from heysup (goat), avarice and melt gibson, also always a pleasure pdt, nalo, hs etc
sempre um prazer lpz, c sabe q c eh monstro e eh meu irmão, joga muito
without further ado, MIONDA SANDACONDA

1702254263886.png

I was going to post these in the team's channel, mostly because I think there is an inherent cringeness in these kind of posts, but as someone who was nowhere near as active as I hoped to be, the least I could do was thank everyone who went through this journey, including ex-Sandacondas and helpers.

I don't even know where to begin really. I signed up as manager as a joke reply to dillon's joke signup. I thought it was obvious that we weren't getting accepted. That until dillon messaged me this:

Making it clear that I would help with the draft plan from the beginning but I wouldn't be able to help with prep that much besides some tests here and there, I feel like we could still have a solid campaign. Obviously, draft would be hard for me in CG because I have zero zoomer knowledge, but in the end it all worked out. Then the Draft day came, we had to pretty much make up picks because from r2 onwards nothing really went according to plan (thankfully), besides pdt, hs, Fc and azick who were somewhat planned. I think we ended up with a really strong roster, but that happened in every other Sandaconda UUSD so we still had to not flop. In the first week we had 10 consecutive wins in Week 1 and immediately I knew we could win it. We were just too broken not to do it. Anything else would be a failure, and I'm glad we lived up to the high bar we set.

This was a different experience to Sisters' because I was managing, but it still felt similar somehow. We had a lot of 2022 Sisters on our team and I think that was really helpful, because god, that was a successful team. And this one wasn't different either. We had 8-1, 7-1, 7-2, 6-2 (twice) and 5-1 slots. 39-9 between 6 slots. It's mind-boggling how good we were and how consistent we were through this whole tournament. Being part of two utterly dominant teams in important teamtours in a community that is close to my heart will always make me proud when I look back at how I did at this tier.

@ Dragonites, I was a bit too mad in the RBY game and I'm sorry for that. Hopefully that was just a sign for me to never watch RBY again. You were strong opponents and you showed a lot of resilience after clinching playoffs in spectacular fashion in the last week and beating a strong team in semis. Ggs.

As for individual shoutouts:

avarice We did it. I mean, you did a lot more than I did, but in a way I guess that we did it LOL. You made a lot of good (and some bad) calls in draft and you were immense in prep as always. I'm so happy that we won it after the first fiascos, especially after the brand was already a meme. I'm sorry for the moments in which you needed me in some managerial duties and I wasn't there (I have UU Disc muted for obvious reasons), but I'm also glad that you could push me to act in some situations so I would give more to the team. I think we both evolved as managers in this last stint.

I really enjoy teaming up with you because I think we see eye to eye in a lot of aspects in the game, and because I feel like after we played so many tours together, it's hard to ignore the synergy we have with each other when it comes to building, draft philosophy and team vibes. Won it all with the Sisters, won it all with Sandacondas. We fucking did it. Although fuck you for pushing for TJ, and you're welcome for the Heysup glazing.

Now in draft order:

pdt Fuck, you're good. I was flabbergasted you went to the 4th pick considering you were easily the MVP in the draft, so I thank the managers who let you slip as well. Dillon and I had planned for mncmt but I didn't hesitate one second to tell him that you were the pick.

I remember you and I were talking some time ago about how anxious you got in these tournaments in important games, and how hard you tried to help the team. This time, you didn't tryhard. You said "I'm using Golurk", "this team is trash, use this one", and "I built these last week for SCL feel free to use", and it worked perfectly. Alongside avarice and the respective slots, you carried us hard from ORAS to SS and gave us some good source material to work with in SV. To me, a player who gives no fucks and demolishes everyone is much scarier than the player who gives their 100% at all times, because you never know what's their peak, and I genuinely don't think we've seen your peak yet. You clutched it for us when it mattered while having a monster record, knowing how important it would be for us, and I think that shows how much you grew from the pdt who shat his pants twice against mncmt in UUPL two years ago. If you keep up your ridiculous consistency in these teamtours you might as well become the UU goat, and anyone who watches you play knows it's not a hyperbole. Good luck in SCL finals, hope you smash it, you demon.

Luthier POOOKIEEEEEEE. You're one of my closest friends in this site and I'm so glad to win a UU tour with you after that catastrophic UUPL. Imma be honest here: I didn't know you signed up until last minute in the draft, and we had planned for passion who was drafted a bit earlier to the Ascovillains, so you were the safe, solid option we knew we had to get when we saw your name in the draft list. Your positive vibes are good as always, your SS as good as always. Seriously, I don't know how you're so solid in a tier so volatile. Alongside some of our slots you carried really hard (how did we have so many x-2 and x-1 records LOL) and you were an integral part of our great season. Hope to see you again soon and thanks for giving your all this tour even with your tight schedule, especially last week when you gave up some precious sleep to enlarge our lead in finals. These are things that won't be forgotten.

hs I let some of my frustrations regarding your negative-ish vibes in finals yesterday, so today I'll say the positives only: even though you went 0-4, we really didn't give you much of a chance for redemption. You were a personal call I made in draft and I'm glad I did it. You are a massive tryhard, even two years after leaving for a communist militia in rural Brazil, and even when you asked to be benched, you still helped us massively in prep with tests, teams and inputs. We probably wouldn't have an SV record as good as we had (ironically, I know) if you weren't there to do the hard work. I'm also immensely glad to have won this tournament with one of my best friends in this site, and especially the first captain of the Sandacondas (streets will never forget OG Sandacondas with liam and I balling). Se você sumir de novo antes de jogar outro tour em que eu não vá encher seu saco pra não usar Mud Slap Wo-Chien (independente de eu estar no time ou não dessa vez) eu vou ficar triste.

Heysup What the fuck is wrong with you? How do you have the best record in a tier that is so raw from the unfucking of its tiering process? You are obviously the ADV UU and DPP UU goat so when I saw you were up for grabs in r4 STILL, I just told avarice it was a must pick. Gonna expose ourselves a bit here: we had picked you for DPP because I thought you hated current ADV until I was curious about some draft flexibility with you in ADV, so I went to your signup and you had "ADV only" LMAO.

Anyways, you are just insane. I mean, the memes of instantly loading PS! and getting a challenge from you are proof. You never give up trying to reach perfection and you build teams that aren't "standard" because people are too scared to build Kangaless, but if everyone had the genius you have for ADV, your builds would probably be the norm. You fed us DPP teams through the whole tour too so you essentially carried two slots as well. I'm so glad we picked you and I'm so glad I insisted on it, because I remember how good you were for the Sisters, and I knew you could do even better with the extra motivations from a raw tier. Also, this tournament I think I saw a new side of you, shithouse heysup, and I love a proper shithouse. Thanks for the carry, enjoy your ridiculous record and the ring.

dingbat Oh man, I enjoy playing with you. You are just such a fun person to be around, and you are obviously another Sister I pushed hard for us to draft, and I'm so glad I did it. I think what I like the most about you is that you bring a sort necessary pragmatism in ORAS UU. You use teams that win, and you win. It's as simple as that. And while I think there's some room for improvement in your overall gameplay (as shown in the finals), I genuinely feel like you are the second best post-CG ORAS player at this point (let's be honest, beating Pak in that regard is lowkey impossible lol). Your record beat my highest expectations and I think you really stepped up your game this tournament. Your partnership with pdt was also a beautiful thing, it felt like you both had the tier figured out most of the time. Thanks for the monster carry, happy to have won two teamtours with you.

Mossy Sandwich I could've put TJ here, added an LMFAOOO and left you to 17th, but even though we only picked you post-draft, I feel like you would be worthy of a 5th pick anyway after the tournament. I already told you what I felt when we picked you: I had no faith in you to bring the wins. Dillon and I were kinda torn between getting someone to support oldgens and someone to support SV, and ultimately dillon made the call to get you. Oh well, I guess he has an eye for zoomer talent. 5-1 is absolutely massive, and even though some of the wins were closer than they should've been, your evolution through the tournament was clear for everyone to see. In the first games you were clearly nervous and made some misplays that went unpunished, but you still got the wins, and in playoffs you were perfect. I'm not even gassing you up, or talking about just the games. I genuinely don't think you put a foot wrong in both games you played in playoffs, and in playoffs you were also much more open to constructive criticism of your teams than you were in regular season and I think you had a better performance because of it too. If we went to tiebreak, I would probably push hard for you to play it, because you didn't crumble under pressure in playoffs, and for a player who just got their major exposure to a UU team tournament this is massive. This was for sure your breakthrough tour, and I think that if you keep evolving, you'll for sure be up there when it comes to memorable players of this generation. I know you're even happier with your 5-1 than I am. Can't wait to see how you do in UUPL.

Fc Mister consistency. Consistently using Iron Hands LOL. When we drafted you we just wanted someone who could RBY if needed, and of course we also knew how good you could be as an SV/SS pick. I'm glad we sticked with you in SV because, to my surprise, you were very self-sufficient and eager to play the tier. I think you were a bit stubborn in some moments regarding team choices, but I should've been there to veto some things (like Tera Dark Skele seriously why :sob:). Your record in regular season really made us a force in SV and your overall play was always top notch. You fell a bit late in regular season and in playoffs but again, your earlier performances set the bar high for our SV and I really appreciate that. Especially after TJ got banned and hs struggled, you were our leading firure in SV for a while and that meant a lot. You also helped in RBY with tests and input and that really shows your range in this game. Thanks for the seasono and I hope you enjoyed winning this tour back to back.

Thiago Nunes How the fuck you went so late in the draft, I'll never know. With heysup in our team and FrankJosh managing, you were, imo, the best DPP in the pool, so getting you r7 really surprised me. I'm not complaining though. You weren't as consistent as I expected through the season, but I think that's partially because you were very unlucky in some games, which is very out of character for the luckiest motherfucker I've ever seen play this game. I guess you inherited Heysup's DPP luck. Anyways, besides the average record for what I think you can offer, you still went positive, and I can't complain about the way you played your games. Besides, you clutched the tour for us under insane pressure. Valeu pelo tour Tnudes, você disse que foi sua primeira vitória jogando DPP, e foi mais do que merecida.

vani Not gonna lie, I wasn't sure about getting you. Some time ago you flamed one of my teammates in a game you haxed, and I just got a really negative image from you. So in draft, I pushed hard for us to not get you LOL. However, you were such a good teammate this tour. Even though we didn't see much of your prep, you always showed up with solid teams and put up an insane record. I think you were probably the best player in the team, consistency-wise, because you didn't even misplay in your losses and you got a 6-2 in what was probably the best pool in the tournament. If I remember correctly, they were all down to hax. All two of them. And even when you got haxed, you kept your head high and didn't flame, and that really changed my image of you. Thanks a lot for being so consistent, and thanks a lot for carrying a slot in a pool that was stacked. This is how I feel about you after this tour.

Nalorium Puto. I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed with you. You were a monster in the first three weeks, playing out of tough situations and showing good signs of tier knowledge in prep. In the six following weeks you went 0-6, and it really disappointed me because I know you could've done a lot better. In some weeks you didn't even show up until last minute, sometimes you brought a team that wasn't the one we had prepped, and sometimes even just linked the game without any prior prep. I'm only saying this because I know you could've done a lot better, and I don't fault you for effort because I didn't put in a lot of effort myself, but it's still a shame to see the wasted potential. I still hope we can team up in other tours because I think you are a really good player who has the ability to pull the trigger whenever you think it's needed, and I know you are passionate about the game as well. Up until the finals I didn't think you cared, but your post-game rant really changed my perception of you and I realized that you do care, you just needed an extra push to show your abilities to your fullest. I'm sad dillon and I couldn't get it all out of you, but I'm sure as hell some other manager will, and they'll be delighted with it. Thanks for the wins earlier in the tour and for the trashtalk, you cooked some legendary pasta there.

YBW Man, I'm so proud of you. You were wildly inconsistent in this tour: some games you played like a god, some games you binned it. However, you still gave it your all, especially in prep, and that's what matters the most to me. I'll say something though, your rants midgame regarding RNG, even though you were wildly unlucky were really annoying, but after scolding you for it, you eventually matured a lot, to the point where I was the one mad at RBY and you were the one trying to be chill LOL. I'm glad dillon said we could let you late draft because you were a hidden gem, it was totally worth. You played a big role in our season.

gum GUMSTIEEE WE DID ITTTT. You are one of the people I wanted to win this tour with the most. Last season I asked you to be my co-manager and you accepted because you thought my lazy ass would do something, and even though I wasn't in a good place when the tour took place, you were always trying to be upbeat about it all and never threw me the shade I deserved. I hope this tour win somehow makes up for it. Dillon and I always respected you as a player (somehow), and even though you told us you wouldn't tryhard in the builder, we knew that getting you would be worth it for the vibes + your quality, and we can't complain about what we got. You went 3-3 and that's more than good enough for a r12 pick. Between being an honorary Sister and a legacy Sandie, you're already one of my favorite teammates in this site already.

Melt Gibson MELT!!! You were one of the zoomers dillon pushed for and since I always trust him in that regard, I know you'd be a good pick. I'm sorry you didn't get you play as much as you deserved, that's one of my biggest regrets this tournament, but I'm hope you're happy with our win anyway, and even happier with your effort. You always made yourself available for tests, and most importantly, you were the Heysup test slave for the season, which doesn't sound like much, but only those who teamed up with him know the effort and dedication it takes to not give up on everything when that happens. Your positive vibes were very valuable, and I hope you get yourself a good team next UUPL to develop yourself more as a player. I still feel you're too raw, but you will get there very soon.

Celebiii If I wanted to win the tour with gum this year because of last year's UUSD, you are probably the player I wanted to win the most with. gum had the onus of managing, but managing a dead team isn't as hard as trying to carry a dead team on the back, which is what you did. Before last year's draft you said me you were worried about how you'd fare with some of the team, and in this year's draft you told dillon you weren't sure what you were picked for because we already had the SS and GSC slots filled. However, you were of immense help to vani in GSC and you brought the good vibes through the whole tour gassing our players up. You always give it 100%, even when you know you aren't going to be the protagonist, and I really appreciate that. I hope that in the next tournament you aren't drafted for a support role anymore and start. You deserve it.

Mister McLovin Besides having a goated nickname, you are a goated support. You were a good chat presence, hypeman and support. You were trying really hard to make our BW slot work, to the point where I regret not slotting you in there later in the tournament to give you a chance. However, dillon and I felt like you were a valuable sub for BW and SV in case of availability problems (which let's be honest, the chance was high), and that kind of flexibility made it a bit hard for us to give you a real chance because of your wildcard potential. I genuinely feel like you could start in UUPL next year as a cheap SV or BW pick. Your dedication is really good and you have obvious talent. Hope you enjoyed this experience.

Azick God you're frustrating LOL. Dillon said he knew someone from some untierPL he played and he trusted you, so I thought "for SV4, why not?". And then you started winning somehow? And they were bad wins. And then you lost some games, but you still went 5-4 and I don't know how LMFAO. You are still very obviously raw, but I feel like you showed some glimpses of a very good player and I really hope to see you playing more SV UU because even though you gave me some heart attacks, nobody can deny that you're entertaining. Also, you are very fun to be around. I remember that in our first real interaction you made a your mama joke and I told you to off yourself. Good, simpler times. I'm glad we had you on our team and I genuinely hope you stick around. Never imagined I'd be someone's biggest hater and fan at the same time.

Other people:

Meru passion umbry Punny and other ex-Condas, but especially these four: Sorry I failed you all in the last two iterations. The curse has been lifted, there's no need to dread me as a manager if I ever happen to draft you for one of these again LOL.

Askov hariyana grande Sorry for kicking you/cancelling the invites that were given to you guys. You're friends but we had the whole team set up just fine and I didn't want to ruin vibes. Not inviting helpers for playoffs always works, and it worked again here, so deep down, fuck off.

Jojo8868 I have no idea who you are and I never interacted with you, all I know is that (literally) all you did in our teamchat was talk shit to azick, and that was probably the happiest I've ever been to see someone trash azick this tournament (it happened a lot). Thank you.

sensei axew You had 18 lines. All of them useless like you. Glad you quit you hs-ophilic amoeba

I don't know what's next for me. I'll probably see you all in UUPL. I don't really want to manage, but I'll try to be around. It was a fun ride, Sandies.

SANDACONDA TUONONDA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)