Venusaur?? gg =/ (Peaked #7)

Sun team kicking ass

Introduction

Hey guys , so this is my first RMT here in smogon , I hope you like it. This is a team I've been trying for a while now and I gotta say: it has never dissapointed me. Honestly I think this is the best team I have ever made. It's BW1 since I haven't started playing BW2 yet and it's a sun team featuring my favourite pokemon of all (and as you already read the title you know i'm gonna say) Venusaur! The team isn't too offensive nor a stall one. I find it a pretty goog balanced team with Stealth Rocks (most important move of the game) and a rapid spinner which is extremly important for a sun team but more on that in the "Closer Look" so , yeah , lets get to it ;D

At a Glance

Closer Look

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Energy Ball​

The reason why I chose Ninetales is obvious. I wanted to use Venuaur so I had to have sun around. Although sun is , arguably , the harder weather to play with (hail doesn't count) in OU , this Ninetales' moveset can deal with it. I chose a offensive Ninetales because I kinda needed a strong special attacker and a Fire Blast coming from a max SAtk LO Ninetales in the SU deals a lot of damage to something that doesn't resist it (the fat pink chicks don't count either). WoW is there to cripple the annoying Tyranitars and Politoeds and Energy Ball to finish the job when those two are weakend. HP ground is there to take off Heatran since my team does have a weekness to him.

In conclusion Ninetales is the most necessary pokemon on the team and will never come out of it.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyl
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Venusaur... the star of the team. This fat plant makes all the difference. I honestly don't know why people don't use chloro Venusaur more often. I'm actually not using the most common moveset but this one works as a fast defensive pokemon perfectly. With Chlorophyl it reaches more than 390 speed beeing able to put someone to sleep very easily. After that I just need to get behind a sub and start leech seeding whatever comes in and if what comes in can't get leech seeded I just smack it with a HP fire. Since this Venusaur is max defense with a Bold nature it helps me alot against physical offensive threats such as Conkeldurr and Virizion , that otherwise would be a huge problem to my team and since it has natural good Spd it can also wall pokemons like Jolteon and the washing machine that we all love (Rotom-W). Adding all of those facts I find it hard seeing Venusaur getting replaced from this team.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Roar​

Donphan is very important to this team since all sun teams need a Rapid Spin and Donphan does his job perfectly. Donphan was the best pokemon I found to set rocks up while keeping'em away from my field. I did have other options such as Forretress but I chose Dopnhan because it takes care of threats that Forretress just doesn't , like Dragonite. Whenever I see a Dragonite I just have to switch into Donphan and get rocks up or just roar if he decides to set up on me. I am considering in switching Roar with Ice Shard though.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Toxic​

With already two psychical defensive pokemon I would ofcourse need a special defensive one to take on those huge special threats. Heatran couldn't fit in more perfectly in this team. I mean , almost every sun team needs a Heatran that with Flash Fire can obviously take those fire moves and can be a great special wall or sweeper. I chose a wall Heatran , because like I already said before I needed someone to wall pokemons like latios. Without Heatran I wouldn't have anything to put in front of dragon type pokemons.
So , yeah , Heatran fits in this Sun team pretty well.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback

Conkeldurr is one of the most underrated pokemon in OU. After one single Bulk Up is extremely hard to stop this guy and I have no ideia why people don't use him more often. I chose him for this team because I think he's awesome and I always like to have a fighting type on my teams. Not to mention that he is a great pokemon to help me win the weather war because it can come in on a Tyranitar very easily.
I am also considering on changing Payback with Stone Edge to have a better check to Dragonite and Salamence.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spa / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast​

Salamence is here for a simply reason. He's my late game sweeper. I put him on this team kinda as a filler because I didn't know anything else to serve as my sixth pokemon. So if anyone would get out it would be , in my opinio, this dragon. Don't get me wrong , Salamence is a huge threat , an awesome pokemon and I love the Choice Scarf Moxie set but he just doesn't help me that much. He still helps taking down a +1 Dragonite ofcourse and sometimes I did get a mini-sweep with him but like I said , this team isn't the best for him so if you guys want to suggest another pokemon to replace Mence I would aprecciate that.

Conclusion

So there you guys have it. That's my sun team that has been really working well. This is a BW1 OU team so I don't know if BW2 new threats hurt this team alot. You already know that this is my first RMT team so if I made any mistakes I apolagize.

SO , yeah , feel free to criticize the team. Thank you ;D​

For the team-thieves:

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Energy Ball

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyl
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Roar

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spa / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Alfonso97, nice team!

First of all, I noticed a large weakness to water types, especially the likes of Specs Politoed. All your pokemon are OHKOd by a Specs Hydro Pump under the rain except for your offensive Ninetales under the sun (obviously since it's not bulky it cannot take Hydro Pumps very well at all) and your 2 water resists: Salamence who is the main cleaner therefore it's not there to switch in on attacks and Venasaur is absolutely destroyed by Ice Beam and if sleep clause is activated you won't even be able to force a switch. This is a very awful thing to be weak to considering in the current metagame rain is extremely dominant. To help remedy this problem I suggest you run Blastoise over Donphan, Blastoise has the same role as Donphan (Rapid Spinning, checking physical threats such as dragons and phasing) but Blastoise is also an extra water resist and can be a great check to rain in general due to Rain Dish.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect / Ice Beam
- Roar / Ice Beam / Toxic

The EVs maximise physical Bulk to take as many hits as possible. Scald is Blastoise's main STAB move and although it's weakened under sun, the burn chance is nice and it makes it an even better rain check, Rapid Spin is there for obvious reasons; spinning away the Stealth Rocks that plague Sun teams. The next options are down to preference, Protect is there to gain as much health back with Leftovers / Rain Dish (if under rain) as possible as well as scouting and stalling out opponent's residual damage, such as: burn damage (provded by Ninetales, Heatran and Blastoise), toxic damage (provided by Heatran) and Leech Seed damage (provided by Venusaur.) Ice Beam is good for dragons when they're in KO range. Roar is there for phasing dangerous physical threats, racking up Stealth Rock damage and is overall there for the same reason it was on Donphan. Finally, Toxic is there if you feel not dishing out enough Toxic with Heatran.

Unfortunately this means you'll have to run Stealth Rock on Heatran over Protect or Roar, preferably over Protect because if you ran it over Roar you'd be a bit weaker to Volcarona and alot weaker to Sub CM Latias.

You may want to try Hidden Power [Fighting] over Hidden Power [Ground] on Ninetales. Overall Fighting and Ground have very similiar coverage, but Hidden Power [Figthing] lets you hit balloon Heatran rather than having to use Energy Ball then Hidden Power [Ground] and it also 2HKOs Specs Hydreigon after rocks without the risk of missing Fire Blast. Hydreigon can be quite a big threat with correct prediction, considering it can OHKO your entire team with the correct move.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)

First of all , thanks for the rate ^^

I do have a strong politoed weekness. Every time it comes in I struggle with putting someon e in front of it , I either put Conkeldurr or Venusaur since the Politoeds I've been seeing are mostly defensive ones. I'll try replacing Donphan with Blastoise.

About the HP on Ninetales: I actually prefer HP Ground since HP fighting does nothing to a specially defensive Heatran and HP fighting does not that much more to a Hydreigon than a Fire Blast in the sun.

Hey I've got a small suggestion:

EV Venasaur to hit 395 speed, which outspeeds base 130 Pokemon like Jolteon. It's not a small change but could really help you out in certain cases. If not then just ev down to hit 377, that outspeeds Tornadus-T.

Good luck.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Cool team man, though i'd say u have an undesirable weakness to Sub Protect Gliscor once Venusaur is gone (and it can't really do much to Gliscor either). I don't know why no one is using Ice Punch Conk, since it decimates its best counter and in my opinion: Gliscor. So i'd reccomend you switching Mach Punch for Ice Punch, considering Lucario and Terrakion are both checked/countered by Venusaur, and Mamo isn't exactly going to OHKO you with EQ, while u get all dat helf (lol) from Drain Punch.

Hope I helped :].

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

As a lot of people have said, Politoed seems like a pretty big threat to your team. Rain in general seems like a huge problem- the common combination of Ice / Water hits everyone bar Conkeldurr super effectively- which is not good. Your only really wall to Rain is Ninetales, who isn't even defensive at all and can not take many hits for you. You also have a lot of trouble muscling past physical walls- as Ninetales, a pokemon that you should try to conserve to win weather wars, has a reckless and offensive set. To help remedy these problems, I suggest you implement some set changes.

First off, your Ninetales is beggin- literally begging- to be defensive. So why not listen? Specially Defensive Ninetales is just what your team needs- not the offensive version. SpDef Ninetales walls Politoed in the Sun all day- taking less than a third from all of it's attacks. Ninetales will also help you manage a plethora of other threats- including Tornadus-T, your weakness to Water / Ice, and many other special attackers who will just plow through you.

Now that you've gotten a great SpDef wall, but lost a lot of firepower, I suggest you make someone else step up to take the role of special sweeper- Magma Storm Heatran. Heatran hits a whole lot harder than Ninetales- sporting a massive 130 SpAtk, compared to Ninetales's measly 81. Magma Storm hits like a truck in the sun- where, with STAB, it has 360 BP, and breaks Sashes and Sturdies. It's perfect for catching Politoed, who thinks it can switch in. After you trap it, you can just Sunny Day in it's face- and watch as Scald does less than a third. Then, just SolarBeam away- the supereffective attack plus passive damage from Magma Storm will finish the Politoed off in no time, allowing you to win the weather war, and significantly decrease your weakness to Water moves.

Now that you've got Ninetales to phaze for you, I'd suggest Ice Shard over Donphan's Roar. Ice Shard eliminates Gliscor, Landorus, Tornadus, Dragonite, and Lati@s as threats- allowing you to revenge even the scarved ones with ease. Ice Shard does considerable damage to grass types as well, who would give Venusaur a few problems.

Cool team. Good luck!

Ninetales @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm nature
~Fire Blast
~Roar
~Hidden Power Fighting
~WiloWisp

Heatran @ Air Balloon
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid nature
~Magma Storm
~Sunny Day
~SolarBeam
~Hidden Power Ice / Earth Power

Stone RG: Like I already said this is a BW1 OU team so Ice Punch Conkeldurr isn't available.

Electrolyte: I hear what you're saying but wouldn't I be too weak against a Choice Specs Latios without a Sp Def. Heatran?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)