VGC '12 Eastern Canada Regional - Toronto, ON - Won by c l e a r & MiniWade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The con is listed as being in the North building on the website I believe so it should be north.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One last thing: I will be carrying around a little banner for us at some points. It will look like a cross between the koffing sign and the canadian flag, (but purple and yellow of course). I just made it and the paint is drying, I'll see you all there.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Round 1 . Atlas vs layell , I lost. Phiddle won. Phiddle friend won. Snkz win. Overgrown win.

Thanks a lot! I had a blast meeting you all, and hopefully I'll see you all again at Nats!
The only downside to the tournament is that I didn't get to talk a lot to everyone D:
Hopefully I'll get to talk more to you guys at Nats! =D

I still find it rather silly that they did not have a top cut. The TCG usually does...
... Well, it worked out for me though.

I went 6-0.
I have to admit, I got a few very lucky breaks today. Those who remembered playing me will agree.

4W/2L, except my two losses were Round 2 and 3. As such, my opponent win percentage was pretty low, I came up bottom of the 4/2 tiebreak at 21 (with the topmost being ranked 8, who was the person who beat me round 2, by 9HP, so close).

Intense battles, friendly folk, good times (though I'm a little disappointed). Couldn't have done it without Smogon. Can't wait for Nationals!

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry again for the scarce updates, but I've been informed MiniWade won seniors, and c l e a r took the masters title so Congrats to both. Like other threads, I'll try collect together some results in retropsect.

4W/2L, except my two losses were Round 2 and 3. As such, my opponent win percentage was pretty low, I came up bottom of the 4/2 tiebreak at 21 (with the topmost being ranked 8, who was the person who beat me round 2, by 9HP, so close).

Intense battles, friendly folk, good times (though I'm a little disappointed). Couldn't have done it without Smogon. Can't wait for Nationals!
I came at the bottom of the 5-1 tie break myself, I know the feeling. :(

1 of the people I played ended 2-4, and based on the people whose names I remembered, I guess my round 2 opponent also ended 2-4 as well, placing me in last out of the 5-1s.

Hopefully, I can pull it together and just not lose in nationals :P

Great matches though overall from the people I played. Also surprised by how nice everyone was. I've been playing too many games with rage-fueled communities lately it seems.

Hey, it was nice playing you guys today. Congratulations especially to c l e a r who completely owned me in the final round. Hope you guys all had a great day, and hope to see you guys at Nationals!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats clear! I remember talking to a bit back when I was constantly on the GameFAQs DP WiFi Battling board! Looks like I'll likely be seeing you at Nationals this year!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Layell pulling a quick Ruben outside, don't worry this was clearly just an O'Henry Bar, this was something I mentioned doing in the Ruben thread and was fun to pull off

Phiddlesticks in a desperate moment of hunger also decides to eat another. Yes I did bring the toilet paper with me.

We getting hats like it's TF2, Layell, Phiddlesticks, and TexasCloverleaf. snkz would later cajole a hat from a guy at the desk.

The Team Smoganada banner and that super shiny shelmet card.

We all had a few lucky breaks, my freeze on Atlas in r1 and my double rock slide flinch on another guy will agree.

Anyways I am not sure if I'll do a war story yet, but here are some highlight pics

4-2 and "11th place", with whatever witchcraft they use to calculate these results is good enough for me and my scratched together team, the only two people I lost against were clear and roz (being 1st and 4th I not the only one). The attitude for many of us going in was "prep for nationals" so we had a lot of fun just talking and messing around.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Also those of you who never said hello or came to chat or anything: whyyyy?

Kittenmew I street passed with you iirc, and didn't see anything out of the juniors what gives :'(

I went 3 and 3 which I guess isn't too bad for my first ever tourney lol. Awesome being able to meet people on the community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)