VGC 2016 Tournament - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Credit to Pokemon.com for the picture
& Scott is cute.

Since the dropping of the OVGC tournament, Smogon has lacked any real VGC tournaments. With the new format just being announced, this tournament is going to be taking place with the new 2016 ruleset. Although a trophy is not the prize for this tournament, the winner will receive a Custom Banner to be displayed on their profile.

This tournament will be a Swiss tournament with 8 rounds and a top cut following. I will be using a program called battlefly to make and control the bracket.

2016 Rules
  • Battles will be 4v4, You bring 6 Pokemon but only use 4
  • All battles will be best of 3, not just top cut.
  • All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.
  • Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
  • You are not allowed to switch anything besides the order of your Pokemon between games 2 and 3. This includes Evs and moveset.
  • You may switch teams in between rounds.
  • Games should be played on Smogon's PS server using our custom timer and client. USING THE VGC2016 CHALLENGE IN OPTIONS
  • Teams will be required to be submitted each round in a link given at that time.
  • Special Clause
  • Item Clause
  • Self KO Clause
Note - It's highly recommended you send in your teams to me, or any tournament director via PM on smogon. This will safe you from DC's as well as stop any cases of cheating.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move or redo the battle with the same teams but different moves. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Matches -

FireMage gets a bye!
Impact vs Rewer
Laurel vs ShinySopheon
n10sit vs Raseri
iZocker vs Jhon
checkmater75 vs GymNMons
antemortem vs Yoda2798
hyw vs Sapientia
TheFourthChaser vs Vinc2612
kamikaze17 vs NicoReaper
Krauersaut vs DaFlo
JJGhost vs Lord Qwilfish
FLCL vs davidness
Peli vs kingmidas
charroshi vs Level 51
killzz vs -Voltage-
Imanalt vs Dark G
Arnoob vs Brian12345
Nelson Tangela vs Dawgie
Weebl vs idiotfrommars
SharpManAreEpic vs Sneakers
Stathakis vs Xia
thecrystalonix vs NorwegianGuy
Ksh13 vs NOVED
Laga vs Drake'sProdigy
miltankmilk vs Haruno
Shiny Girl vs GiraGoomy
le fat kid vs Bouffalant
Fortune vs Steven Stone
Rayzark vs rozes
Mizuhime vs Derivatives
Arcticblast vs Finchinator
Arifeen vs ZANBAKUResh
DaAwesomeDude1 vs Lorda Floterchai
jacob vs Mr. NudistoBeach
Oma vs Ace Emerald
obii vs ~GreenCore
SamVGC vs yoman5
KratosMana vs Confide.
DragonWhale vs LLeonard
shaian vs raikoo
Disenchanted vs HANTSUKI
Syncrasy vs Lohgock
Narumaki vs LuxrayVGC
asianturtlefrenzy vs Asuya
toxigen734 vs Demantoid
Staraptor vs Hingo
scald vs Uriel Reboseno
LJDarkrai vs Khaytra
MissingNoL vs Pkrs
We R DNA vs Megazard
tennisace vs Silverwhiteblue
Eternal Spirit vs BLINGAS
praj.pran vs Lunar.
astroboy vs Dragonzen
jeran vs snagaa
PumpedAaron vs Kyle Ayala
Exalyn vs LightningLuxray
megacyber vs Particular1
Level 56 vs atomicllamas
Menezjul vs Melvilicious
Spitzkopf Larry vs Dalele
OrangeDonphan vs nvakna
NightLight26 vs Stratos
henry vs Nido-Rus
ssneak vs Shaneghoul
Paraplegic vs teal6
AAamen vs Scotti
Mishimono vs Shrug
Lord Wallace vs Anguizh
absdaddy vs unfixable
Cronenberg vs MattaPod
6tennis vs Roxer
CorruptedOmega7 vs NightFox
Reynord vs BKC
Hyogafodex vs Farmer
Lionyx vs Tricking
Mysterious M vs Bushtush
ShadowQuinn vs dih
qsns vs The Idiot Ninja
Kiyo vs Serapis
blarajan vs soulgazer

Welcome to round 2! Remember to pm your teams to me or Ciele to protect yourself from dc's / cheating accusations. Also please pm us your teams for usage statistics.

Deadline for this round will be Sunday the 10th @ 11:59pm est

http://battlefy.com/smog/vgc-tour/5679ff579620f34f006ddef5/stage/567a46d27e21f24a00563ee4/bracket/2

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Oh for god's sake of all people at 0-1 I get qsns

Well time to play the Doubles god himself once again after meeting him in like R2 of a Doubles seasonal rofl, contacted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)