Project VGC Teambuilding Competition - Week 15 (almost here) - Building (undetermined)

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
1. Lelegar by Yuki
2. Kingdra/gross/boom
3. Stak Rain by Man Raccon
4. Coaching Exadrill Rain by Yourwelcomethank
5. Untitled 103 by Creeperclash
If you read two of Bananers7's posts earlier, the teams have been labelled with letters. For the ease of counting votes, can you use the letters for us? :)

I had lots of fun looking at all the crazy teams y'all came up with.Don't really have time to give my opinions on the teams, so I'll just make my vote.

R > P > A > J > Q

(R getting 5 points, down to Q getting one point.)

[/QUOTE="Raineko, post: 8833253, member: 294287"]
Bluepanther512 https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...n-week-1-politoed-voting.3682639/post-8832376 this is the post that has all the letters if it helps you, we'll always want to encourage you to get involved

Best I can guess from your last post is
B>?>J>I>L
Not sure what the second team you're referring to is, but hopefully you can find it in the list :)
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's B>R>J>I>L, because r is zeefable poligross team which blue panther points out has a metagross its the only team here that has metagross.

yuki

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
[/QUOTE="Raineko, post: 8833253, member: 294287"]
Bluepanther512 https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...n-week-1-politoed-voting.3682639/post-8832376 this is the post that has all the letters if it helps you, we'll always want to encourage you to get involved

Best I can guess from your last post is
B>?>J>I>L
Not sure what the second team you're referring to is, but hopefully you can find it in the list :)
I'm pretty sure it's B>R>J>I>L, because r is zeefable poligross team which blue panther points out has a metagross its the only team here that has metagross.
[/QUOTE]

Likelihood is we're probably just not going to include it in the voting, just because they deleted their post.

That wraps up our first week of the Teambuilding Competition! I had a lot of fun doing this and was really surprised by the turn out we got. Now, let’s see who won this week.

Drum Roll please (Badum Badum Badum Badum)

Congrats to Raineko coming in with 56 points with their interesting Tapu Lele Gengar combo, that they also put besides Politoed Kingdra. However, let’s not forget to congratulate ttr for getting second place coming in with 49 points and Gfazzo for getting third place with 44 points. It was a close one, everyone’s teams were good! Now let’s see what our Pokémon for week two will be.

The Swift Horse Pokémon, an icon of edgy teenagers everywhere, it’s Spectrier!
1619438497161.png

Deadline again is 11:59 PM EST on Friday. Good luck everyone!

yuki

:ss/Spectrier: :ss/Sylveon: :ss/Amoonguss: :ss/Regieleki: :ss/Tyranitar: :ss/Landorus-Therian:
https://pokepast.es/3b54ddac2062bbb7

Gather Round everybody!

I mean literally, Round. Spectrier is punished by a couple forces of nature that go by the names "Urshifu" and "Galarian Moltres", so I wished to address this matter immediately! So I went shopping in the "Usually Useless Moves" section, and saw just the move: Round. This brings in the Pokemon that would crush these Dark-types, once and for all - Sylveon. I fell in love with the idea the second I saw it, as we had just been talking about ranking the ribbon-y creature on the VR. Quick Attack is a great tool to solo-pressure Urshifu-S, as well as being used as a tool for self-proc'ing Weakness Policy. Amoonguss comes in to be an annoying mon, redirecting for Spectrier to stay alive and setup and spreading sleep nobody else. Regieleki serves as an additional check to Moltres-G, while also being a pest to Tapu Fini. Physical is an unexpected set for most people, as Max Airstream and Wild Charge can help overcome the likes of Venusaur, Moltres-G and so on. Landorus-T is here to be one of the checks for Incineroar and Heatran that can otherwise be annoying for me. The Tyranitar slot was initially my own Moltres-G as a QA self-proc idea, but Netherious reminded me that Glastrier exists. So I added Tyranitar as a measure for this, as well as being a pest to some of the aforementioned threats and giving me the opportunity to control the weather to my heart's desire.

Random spread information:
252 Atk Urshifu Sucker Punch vs. 44 HP / 124 Def Spectrier: 152-180 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Critical in ensuring that I can get a Round into that slot if needs be.
The Speed is such that I outspeed the genies (hits 180, their max is 179)

252+ Atk Metagross Iron Head vs. 188 HP / 212 Def Sylveon: 168-198 (86.5 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 188 HP / 212 Def Sylveon: 144-170 (74.2 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 188 HP / 212 Def Sylveon: 168-198 (86.5 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Poison Jab vs. 188 HP / 212 Def Sylveon: 146-174 (75.2 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Max Ooze vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Sylveon: 148-174 (76.2 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Coalossal-Gmax G-Max Volcalith vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Sylveon: 153-180 (78.8 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Volcalith damage

Okay this is a bunch of stuff it can live, there probably exists more. I could invest more to always live x things, but really, it's not 100% worth it considering I can't duel really any of these. It's just nice to be able to live stuff so that I can, say, achieve a self-proc or kill the partner.

Landorus-T outspeeds Modest Heatran, as well as having great bulk into things like Tapu Fini and opposing Spectrier.

36+ Atk Landorus-Therian U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Tyranitar: 78-92 (18.8 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO

Can be used as an alternate means of activating Tyranitar's Weakness Policy

Amoonguss is super standard, and HP is optimised for Regenerator.
Tyranitar is Max Max, but it's an 81.3% chance to OHKO Glastrier with a +2 Rockfall, only increased if they don't replace my sand.

I am double tagging but Netherious thanks for dealing with my PMs in building this, you were super helpful in helping me realise an issue with something I was otherwise enamoured with.

https://pokepast.es/19a983a49fca4472 I was always annoyed with how spectriers stab max move didnt benifit them in any way. So i changed that with physical wp spec. Ferromosa to out speed the spec and self foul play and coaching . Fini helps verse urishfu and potential burns if my opponet where to catch on that im not special , and eleki is there to slow things down and screech away. The fini set is meant to distract and annoy your opponent because of how its going to be constantly healing. The funny mushroom is to mess with potential tr teams. The incin is pretty normal, and

Last edited:
Here i am again, last time i posted a really really bad aggron team, today im gonna try and be a bit more straight, but still be a bit unique and today our special guest is cinderace

:ss/spectrier: :ss/tapu lele: :ss/landorus therian: :ss/cinderace: :ss/zapdos: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
PASTE: https://pokepast.es/b983a7c7ca2ce22c
:ss/spectrier:
the star of this competition, it's a standard nasty plot set, shadow ball is strong stab that helps hit ghosts for tapu lele, mud shot hits those elekis for urshifu, hyper beam is... hyper beam and thats all you need to know nothing special sadly

:ss/tapu lele:
it's common knowledge that if your running spectrier you need a dark type counter, lele fits this perfectly, scarf allows it to outspeed a lot of things, and then go for the kill, also shadow sneak to spectrier is like a....*slap*...that. a common lead is spectier and tapu lele, nasty plot is set up more easily with psychic terrain and overall lele can do some damage

:ss/landorus therian:
lando is easy to explain, it covers poison and steel weaknesses for lele and has great synergy with urshifu and zapdos (i'll get to them later) now why do i have a choice band well when making lando i couldn't decide what item would be, so i went with choice band since another good lead of this team is lando and zapdos, u turn is just there as a pivot, although i might suggest and optional focus sash with u turn being replaced for any optional filler moves, but thats just if you want to

:ss/cinderace:
this is where things get interesting, i bet you think cinderace helps lando and kills ice and has high jump kick for rock types, well yes, but no, cinderace is here as an (almost) anti meta pick, being able to hit metagross, glastrier, and sun, it also helps check incineraor with high jump kick (if it hits) and also with white herb, cinderace is also just really powerful, having stab on every move it has with libero, water types and flying types are stil a problem, thats where our next mon comes in

:ss/zapdos:
okay i bet your first question is "why not eleki" 1. i hate amoonguss 2. zapdos also helps with the meta 3. zapdos is bulky pog 4. eleki is overrated zapdos hits fighting types for urhsifu, water types for cinderace and lando, technically hits ice types with heat wave, and heals with roost getting rid of its flying type, and making it so that way ice types and rock types cant hit it anymore which is amazing, zapdos is one of the key parts of this team

:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
i didn't know who else i could put at this point, so looking through my options i saw urshifu rapid strike was my best choice, it helps zapdos and lando and also is another dark type hitter for spectrier, i didn't know what item to put so i thought since we're using urshifu for coverage expert belt would be nice you can also take the sash of spectrier and put it on urshifu and then put a life orb on spectrier, and that concludes the report!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

this team is one of the more developed teams i've made and im pretty proud of it, i hope i can get more votes this time in the competition but good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/11626903c2a8f0b6
I've brought u guys some double horse +mienshao gaming today
:ss/spectrier:
So first up we have the star of the week Spectrier, I've seen a lot of success with this mon, It hits hard and after picking up just 1 ko its almost impossible to stop. I stole this spread from Jean Paul who managed to get top 4 in PC2 with it, its very bulky from what you can see but spectrier needs barely any spatk investment to hit hard. The spread is calced for things like banded urshifu wicked blow, non banded and even max atk life orb dragapult max phantasms paired next to clefairy

:ss/mienshao:
Next up is a mon who doesn't get enough love and one of my personal favorites to use . Mienshao has a relatively fast speed stat and a high attack stat. It has access to moves like fake out, helping hand, coaching, knock off, taunt and a lot more. Mienshao I would say is a big part of the team, from the way I play at least. It has the ability inner focus, meaning it is not effected by intimidate and cannot flinch. Against tr leads like dusclops+incin I lead spectrier+mienshao and either taunt it with mienshao and max quake the incin or max phantasm the dusclops normally picking up the ko and cc the incin. It also provides coaching so I could lead it with glastrier and give my glastrier Atk and Def boosts. I think mienshaos an amazing mon and can ramble on about it for hours, now lets move on

:ss/glastrier:
Next we have pretty standard Glastrier max hp max atk, This glastrier has swords dance to help punish switches along with clefairys follow me I can basically get one up for free. At first this slot was mamoswine but it was too frail, Glastrier provides me with a trick room answer along with an answer to Garchomp and Landorus

:ss/clefairy:
Another one of my favorites this series is clefairy, the friend guard ability comes in so handy for living hits. Clefairy also gives another response to urshifu, redirecting atks from our dynamax pokemon is also super helpful along with the potential to set up with nasty plot/swords dance with our other mons. Clefairy is just the overall perfect support mon and helps benefit the team in so many ways

:ss/regieleki:
Next up is regieleki I wanted a mon who could help me gain speed control and no one does that better than regieleki. Also holding the magnet allowing it to do even more damage with STAB thunderbolts and even max lightnings.

:ss/Moltres-galar:
In testing I found facing mons like indeedee dragapult and opposing spectrier hard due to having any resists to their attacks, So adding Moltres-g helped me out a lot with that as it beats all 3 of them in the 1v1. The spread is pretty simple I ran enough speed to outspeed regieleki at plus 2, max special attack, and threw the rest into hp. Giving moltres the safety goggles made it a primary candidate to use vs sun teams being immune to venusaurs sleep powder and resisting its atks.

I love spectrier and think its by far one of the best pokemon in the format as of right now with its unbelievable raw power, I wanted to shed sum light onto mienshao as well just because I think its a very cool pokemon and pairs insanely well with spectrier and glastrier.

Calcs: 252 Atk Life Orb Dragapult Max Phantasm vs. 44 HP / 212 Def Dynamax Spectrier: 307-361 (84.8 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 44 HP / 212 Def Dynamax Spectrier with an ally's Friend Guard on a critical hit: 258-306 (71.2 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mienshao Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Incineroar: 192-228 (95 - 112.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mienshao Close Combat vs. -1 252 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 194-230 (101 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mienshao Close Combat vs. -1 252 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Glastrier: 240-284 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(double up of phantasm n cc ko if not av)

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/119553d157e790a0
:spectrier: :tapu_lele: :moltres-galar: :klinklang: :garchomp: :incineroar:

first order of business
:spectrier:
bulldoze set to proc weakness policy on klinklang; tentacruel is the only pokemon faster than it that synergizes with bulldoze, but tentacruel probably can't kill things even with +2.
:klinklang:
Its physical movepool is hot garbage so I almost went back to tentacruel, but this should be fine... right?
:tapu_lele:
same old same old
:moltres-galar:
they're a package deal
:garchomp:
I wanted a dragon to complete a fantasy core within lele/klinklang/third and garchomp seems good so I threw that on
:incineroar:
furry tax

Teambuilding competetion - Spectrier Silvally (pokepast.es)
The general strategy is to lead Whimsicott Silvally. Silvally goes for turn 1 Explosion bringing opponents down to KO range of Spectrier's Shadow Ball/ Max Phantasm. If the opponent double protects turn 1 I get Whimsicott to Endeavor range and free Tailwind. In either one of these scenarios, I get Tailwind up and Spectrier a chance to come in and sweep. Also sorry if this post was poorly written, I'm bad at writing forum posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)