VGC15 Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to build a team around Mega Venu,can anyone help me
Well, there's this bae Venusaur + Arcanine + Milotic you can build around, or this Venusaur + Heatran + Rotom-W. Post a complete core you wanna build around so we can know better what to work with n_n

Looking to build a team around mega heracross hes such a powerful mon and has some pretty solid coverage, but is on the slower side and needs some team support to shine. for heracross im thinking max hp/max atk pin missile/closecombat/rockblast/protect. The next thing I know the team needs is a tailwind setter given his weakness to flying and fire Suicune seems like a good choice to me so I would call that a start to a core, but after that I begin to struggle with what is needed. Fairy type needs to be covered and I need something to cover hetran a little more effectively.

Looking to build a team around mega heracross hes such a powerful mon and has some pretty solid coverage, but is on the slower side and needs some team support to shine. for heracross im thinking max hp/max atk pin missile/closecombat/rockblast/protect. The next thing I know the team needs is a tailwind setter given his weakness to flying and fire Suicune seems like a good choice to me so I would call that a start to a core, but after that I begin to struggle with what is needed. Fairy type needs to be covered and I need something to cover hetran a little more effectively.
Suicune+Heracross was a core that Baz Anderson / Cybertron used in the past (can't remember who used it). I think Heracross is more like T-tar, requires a lot of Synergising mons to patch up its huge amount of weaknesses. It's not even funny.
Well, Suicune+Heracross gets shut down by Thundurus, specially with Mega Gardevoir on its side. I'd go Rotom-H on that slot. Rotom-H is one of the best hard checks for Thundurus, while also beating Talonflame and resisting Hyper Voice. It also should beat Jellicent 1v1 (unless bad luck), which you can hit only with Rock Blast atm.
Rotom-H can't patch up the Garde weakness completely, which is why we'll go with the best counter: Aegislash. Aegislash provides Wide Guard support which is crucial for Heat Wave/Hyper Voice spam, while also beating Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon. It also checks TR and Kangaskhan. An alternative option for this slot is Ferrothorn, which also beats Mega Gardevoir, but it doesn't have as much utility as Aegislash and makes the fire weakness a lot more difficult to play around. I'll leave one of my friends and one of the VGC masters in-the-making Mishimono in charge to fix what i'm missing (weather weakness, mence weakness) so he can have some extra field work. See ya later!

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Okay hope I help I`ll keep the first four mons that Steven Stone suggested being Mega Heracross, Suicune, Rotom-H and Aegislash. I noticed your team has a bit of a problem with Guts Conkeldurr and too a slight extent Scrafty so I added Sylveon. Sylveon deals with these mons as well as helping with Salamence (however it has to worry about Double Edge) I`d run enough speed to outspeed Adamant Bisharp under Tailwind. Lastly I had Assault Vest Landorus-T as it likes Tailwind but it was really hurting your rain matchup. So I switched to Gastrodon to help with rain and bulky waters. It has Ice Beam, Scald and earth Power for great coverage. I can give EVs if you want. Hope this team is okay. (It probably sucks but you never know) :D

Okay hope I help I`ll keep the first four mons that Steven Stone suggested being Mega Heracross, Suicune, Rotom-H and Aegislash. I noticed your team has a bit of a problem with Guts Conkeldurr and too a slight extent Scrafty so I added Sylveon. Sylveon deals with these mons as well as helping with Salamence (however it has to worry about Double Edge) I`d run enough speed to outspeed Adamant Bisharp under Tailwind. Lastly I had Assault Vest Landorus-T as it likes Tailwind but it was really hurting your rain matchup. So I switched to Gastrodon to help with rain and bulky waters. It has Ice Beam, Scald and earth Power for great coverage. I can give EVs if you want. Hope this team is okay. (It probably sucks but you never know) :D
Even if the suggestions are good, he didn't notice that he left the team REALLY weak against sun. Scrafty and more importantly, Conkeldurr, are an issue, but to patch it up Sylveon isn't the most proper answer.
Talonflame over Sylveon will beat Conkeldurr and handle both Sun and, even if you don't believe me, Rain. Mishimono's suggestions also left you pretty weak to Ludicolo, so Talonflame will be able to handle it.
Well, if you decide to run LO Talonflame with Tailwind, Suicune isn't going to be as useful as it was. The so-called "new Suicune", Milotic, comes in mind to replace it. Milotic will give your team more offensive pressure and scare away Intimidate Pokemon such as Landorus-T and Salamence.
With Milotic on the float, Gastrodon won't be needed. I'd reccomend replacing it for Amoonguss, which will act as another rain soft-check, and will allow Talonflame to check it safer. It also checks TR so...
Well, hope i helped! I'd do an importable team but i'm on my phone AND in class. See ya later!
Tagging Gingervoli

Mishimono

mish mish
Dang I forgot Talonflame is a great rain and sun check as it can KO Politoed and resist Heat Wave. I thought about Amoonguss just didn't want to add a fire weakness.

Dang I forgot Talonflame is a great rain and sun check as it can KO Politoed and resist Heat Wave. I thought about Amoonguss just didn't want to add a fire weakness.
I'm not going to argue that Talonflame can help against rain, but do you mean OHKO when you say KO? Because: 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Politoed: 136-161 (81.9 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also I don't find it any good of a rain check tbh because it can only knock out one Pokemon at a time, and Politoed + Ludicolo will ensure that one of them will survive and OHKO you with Scald. I'd say get a better rain check than Talonflame. And don't say Gastrodon because Ludicolo has Giga Drain, why do people even call that thing a rain check?

Mishimono

mish mish
Ya totally messed up there with the calcs . I was thinking Choice Band Talonflame. Gastrodon isn't a rain check. It helps with bulky waters like Suicune, Milotic, Rotom-W but I really wasn't thinking about Ludicolo there. I always have a hard time countering rain I would have used Amoonguss but the sun matchup was bad. I should have thought it through better.

Also I don't find it any good of a rain check tbh because it can only knock out one Pokemon at a time, and Politoed + Ludicolo will ensure that one of them will survive and OHKO you with Scald...
Well, nowadays Talonflame carry Protect, which makes doubling into it sort of... a risky move. Threatening the main pillar of an archetype as an offensive threat is something that makes the difference between good checks and bad checks. I do agree Talonflame is terribad, but getting a better rain check for his team would mean that you'd either give up the amazing utility Aegis has, using your own AV ludi which is sorta bad or replacing the shroom for Cradily which isn't a mon i'd call "user friendly". I think against rain matchups the team should go Talonflame+Amoonguss, tect talon turn 1 and try to put poli to sleep, and if you fail, you got to pray that it doesn't have Surf

working on a clefairy based core at the moment, similar to what angel miranda used at worlds because the idea looked intriguing

double fire starter sounds weird and bad, but it has a ton of perks; charizard and blaziken are both pokemon that have a very strong anti-meta prescence (amoonguss, kangaskhan, landorus-t, heatran, aegislash, and some thundurus will be ohko'd by members of this core, while also having fairly passable matchups vs. less common but still noteworthy threats like milotic, salamence, cresselia, bisharp, etc). blaziken also enjoys the benefit of sun-boosted life orb overheats, which hits harder than charizard's do, so there's that

i've tried a lot of things in the other 3 slots and i wanted to know what you guys would suggest

Clefairy (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Def / 100 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 156 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Clefairy: 140-166 (84.8 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 156 HP / 100 SpD Eviolite Clefairy: 138-164 (83.6 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Iron Head vs. 156 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Clefairy: 144-170 (87.2 - 103%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 108 HP / 52 Def / 160 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 108 HP / 52 Def Mega Charizard Y: 136-160 (81.4 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (with Friend Guard)
252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 108 HP / 52 Def Mega Charizard Y: 132-156 (79 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (with Friend Guard)
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 108 HP / 52 Def Mega Charizard Y: 141-167 (84.4 - 100%) -- 0.4% chance to OHKO (with Friend Guard)
4 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 108 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 110-132 (65.8 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (without Friend Guard)

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

20 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 211-250 (116.5 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
236 SpA Life Orb Blaziken Hidden Power Ice vs. 12 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 187-224 (112.6 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
236 SpA Life Orb Blaziken Overheat vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Thundurus in Sun: 208-247 (114.9 - 136.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

here's a small pool of things i've tried so far, feel free to make suggestions

working on a clefairy based core at the moment, similar to what angel miranda used at worlds because the idea looked intriguing

double fire starter sounds weird and bad, but it has a ton of perks; charizard and blaziken are both pokemon that have a very strong anti-meta prescence (amoonguss, kangaskhan, landorus-t, heatran, aegislash, and some thundurus will be ohko'd by members of this core, while also having fairly passable matchups vs. less common but still noteworthy threats like milotic, salamence, cresselia, bisharp, etc). blaziken also enjoys the benefit of sun-boosted life orb overheats, which hits harder than charizard's do, so there's that

i've tried a lot of things in the other 3 slots and i wanted to know what you guys would suggest

Clefairy (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 156 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Clefairy: 140-166 (84.8 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 156 HP / 100 SpD Eviolite Clefairy: 138-164 (83.6 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Iron Head vs. 156 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Clefairy: 144-170 (87.2 - 103%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 108 HP / 52 Def Mega Charizard Y: 136-160 (81.4 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (with Friend Guard)
252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 108 HP / 52 Def Mega Charizard Y: 132-156 (79 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (with Friend Guard)
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 108 HP / 52 Def Mega Charizard Y: 141-167 (84.4 - 100%) -- 0.4% chance to OHKO (with Friend Guard)
4 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 108 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 110-132 (65.8 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (without Friend Guard)

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

20 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 211-250 (116.5 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
236 SpA Life Orb Blaziken Hidden Power Ice vs. 12 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 187-224 (112.6 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
236 SpA Life Orb Blaziken Overheat vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Thundurus in Sun: 208-247 (114.9 - 136.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

here's a small pool of things i've tried so far, feel free to make suggestions
Think I'll take this as well. Hopefully I got the team ready on Sunday. I really like both Char Y and Blaziken, so this should be fun.

I'm trying to work out my first legitimately competitive VGC team and I'm having some trouble fleshing it out. My biggest problem is that I'm notoriously against super over-used Pokemon like Salamence, Landorus and Kangaskhan, so I need to find other alternatives to fit into my team. I did some reading and searching around and I decided I want to base it on a Mega Venusaur, Arcanine and Milotic core, mostly defensive.

Arcanine is one of my favourite Pokemon out there definitely in my top 6 "dream team" Pokemon. Always liked the defensive bulk it sports and with a Life Orb it can hit pretty hard even as a defensive set with Flare Blitz. Mostly used for Will-o-wisp support, but can also pick off a weakened threat with Extreme Speed.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 148 Def / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Extreme Speed

252 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arcanine: 126-148 (63.9 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Arcanine: 87-103 (44.1 - 52.2%) -- 12.9% chance to 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Arcanine: 100-121 (50.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Arcanine: 138-164 (70 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Venusaur seemed like a pretty cool choice for a nice FWG core member to allow me to avoid Spores and to deal with fairy types. Sleep Powder is a nice bonus.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 104 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

(I haven't really done any calcs on Venusaur yet, I pulled this set right from a Smogon forum post on VGC cores.)

Milotic is great for the ability to OHKO Mega Salamence and Landorus-T and also has some great bulk to keep up the pressure. Scald for burning and for hitting Mega Charizard Y is nice too. Also it's my girlfriend's favourite Pokemon, so she'll be happy if I use it.

Milotic @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 228 HP / 132 Def / 132 SpA / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind
- Protect

132 SpA Milotic Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 172-204 (100.5 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
132 SpA Milotic Ice Beam vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 188-224 (110.5 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Aerilate Mega Salamence Hyper Voice vs. 228 HP / 12 SpD Milotic: 78-93 (39.1 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 228 HP / 132+ Def Milotic: 117-138 (58.7 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So after I'd decided on those three, and worked out their moves/EVs, I did some hunting around for good support. I found that Tailwind support is very helpful for this core and I decided Whimsicott with its Prankster might be a good choice. I made something from scratch for that here:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- Protect

Not much to say about Whimsicott, Prankster support abound. 220 Speed EVs lets me outspeed opposing Thundurus Prankster.

So with all that in mind and the fact that I really refuse to use things like Landorus, Thundurus, Kangaskhan and Salamence... What sort of suggestions would you guys have either in editing my current team members or for adding new ones? I was thinking something like the Nationals Nidoqueen but that gives me a LOT of special attackers.

I also considered Mienshao for Fake-Out/HJK vs Khan

Last edited:
I'm trying to start putting together my first competitive team for VGC, and there are a couple cores bouncing around in my head that I'd like to play around with. The first is more of a defensive core featuring Heatran and RestTalk Milotic - the second is a double-fairy offensive core starring Mega Gardevoir, Sylveon, and Terrakion.

I want to state that this is not intended to be an RMT - I simply have multiple ideas that I'd like to put to paper, so to speak.

Core 1

Heatran@Shuca Berry
Flash Fire
Modest nature
180 HP/252 Sp. Atk/76 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

A fairly standard set, pretty much taken straight off the page. I'd like to try and modify the EVs to be a little more specially defensive, but I'm not really sure how important that is.

Milotic@Leftovers
Marvel Scale
Calm nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Icy Wind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I'm not sure how gimmicky this actually is, but the idea is that Milotic can take advantage of its relative physical bulk to more effectively counter the likes of Landorus-T and Mega Kangaskhan and deal chip damage with Scald and Ice Beam or Icy Wind. It might not have the offensive presence of a Competitive variant, but not giving one hot damn about status is always nice, especially with Sleep Talk meaning that the omnipresent Spore doesn't render her helpless. Plus, since most people should be expecting Competitive, they'll be hesitant to send in their Intimidator (not that Milotic cares about being Intimidated) and be more inclined to try and go for a status.

Core 2

Gardevoir@Gardevoirite
Trace/Pixelate
Modest nature
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Raw offensive power and a great STABs mean that Mega Gardevoir is a force to be reckoned with, and max speed and special attack means that something is more than likely going to die. The max speed EVs are to get the drop on things that think they'll be able to outspeed with the standard 20 speed spread. It does sacrifice a bit of defensive ability, but Mega Gardevoir is really meant to be more of a sweeper anyway.

Sylveon@Pixie Plate
Pixilate
Modest nature
156 HP / 188 Def / 164 SpA
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Functionally very similar to Gardevoir, Sylveon has the advantage of being at least a little bit more defensive. Shadow Ball over HP Ground because, frankly, I can't breed for Hidden Power, plus it allows Sylveon to better deal with Aegislash, which Mega Gardevoir struggles a little more with because of her Psychic typing.

Terrakion@Lum Berry
Justified
Jolly nature
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Sacred Sword
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

A slight variant on the normal set, Terrakion is the physical muscle to complement the special powerhouses that are Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon. It's Fighting type helps it deal with Steel types that plague the fairies - Sacred Sword seems like the better option in that case to negate the stat drops that come with Close Combat, as well as ignoring any defensive buffs that the opponent might get. I would go choiced, but Protect is kind of necessary to guard against incoming Earthquakes. An Earthquake of Terrakion's own, despite not being STAB, is another option to help deal with Heatran.

I'd love to get a team with Mega Gengar and Liepard, as Liepard can help Gengar massively, and Gengar can deal with fairies. I am extremely inexperienced in VGC so I want to find a very nice team to support this core, which I have heard is really nice indeed. I wish for something that can beat steels in the team as well like Terrakion, which can dispatch of steels comfortably, which Liepard and Gengar struggle with indeed. However I do not know too much about the kind of team support the core needs, as I have little idea of teambuillding, and would love a team from people who know what they are doing to give me a sense of what to do.

Sets:
Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 20 Def / 172 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Liepard @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Fake Tears
- Foul Play

I have an interesting idea for a VGC core. Before you write it off as awful, give it some serious consideration.

garchomp-mega.gif

Garchomp@Garchompite
Ability:Sand Veil/Sand Force
Naive Nature
EVs:20HP 208Atk 28SpA 252Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Rock Tomb
-Protect

gardevoir_zps1ba5b247.gif

Gardevoir@Choice Scarf
Ability:Telepathy
Timid Nature
EVs:252SpA 4Def 252SpA
-Dazzling Gleam
-Moonblast
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt/Psyshock

gyarados.gif

Gyarados@Lum Berry
Ability:Intimidate
Adamant Nature
EVs:4HP 252Atk 252Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Now I know, you're thinking Mega Garchomp is irrelevant, and useless because of the speed nerf, and being out sped by Mega Kang. But since the turn order is set at the beginning, where Garchomp does out speed Kangaskhan, if you can get a Rock Tomb, you will outspeed. Fake Out support is a must. The 28EVs in Special Attack allow Mega Garchomp to guarantee an OHKO on Naive 0SpD 0HP Mega Salamence.

I have an interesting idea for a VGC core. Before you write it off as awful, give it some serious consideration.

View attachment 48778
Garchomp@Garchompite
Ability:Sand Veil/Sand Force
Naive Nature
EVs:20HP 208Atk 28SpA 252Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Rock Tomb
-Protect

View attachment 48779
Gardevoir@Choice Scarf
Ability:Telepathy
Timid Nature
EVs:252SpA 4Def 252SpA
-Dazzling Gleam
-Moonblast
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt/Psyshock

View attachment 48780
Gyarados@Lum Berry
Ability:Intimidate
Adamant Nature
EVs:4HP 252Atk 252Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Now I know, you're thinking Mega Garchomp is irrelevant, and useless because of the speed nerf, and being out sped by Mega Kang. But since the turn order is set at the beginning, where Garchomp does out speed Kangaskhan, if you can get a Rock Tomb, you will outspeed. Fake Out support is a must. The 28EVs in Special Attack allow Mega Garchomp to guarantee an OHKO on Naive 0SpD 0HP Mega Salamence.
In theory, jolly mega chomp out speeds kangaskhan because most of them are adamant. To be honest, Scarf Gardevoir isn't a good idea in this metagame... Although i love the team idea! It looks similar to Se Jun Park's team so i think i'm going to try building around it. Also, are you sure you wanna use Mega Garchomp over Mega Gardevoir? 'Cause Mega Gardevoir is amazing in this metagame

In theory, jolly mega chomp out speeds kangaskhan because most of them are adamant. To be honest, Scarf Gardevoir isn't a good idea in this metagame... Although i love the team idea! It looks similar to Se Jun Park's team so i think i'm going to try building around it. Also, are you sure you wanna use Mega Garchomp over Mega Gardevoir? 'Cause Mega Gardevoir is amazing in this metagame
I was actually looking at his team earlier today, taking inspiration from it, and using his success to my advantage. But yeah, I love Mega Garchomp, and people will automatically predict a Mega Gardevoir. It's so commonly used, it catches nobody off guard. Plus Telepathy allows EQ spam. But thanks for the feedback! I was also considering Life Orb Gardevoir.

NatTheNewt

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Attract
- Swagger
- Foul Play

Gothitelle (M) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Attract
- Psychic
- Protect

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Sorry for the wait, but here is the team. So, to start off building around this core I knew that I wanted a Rock Slide user, and I ended up scrapping Landorus-T and Tyranitar because I wanted more control on my Kangaskhan matchup. Terrakion is not the best, but does it's job of checking Kangakshan and also Thundurus. If you feel like Terrakion is absolute garbage you can swap it for Scarf Landorus-T, which also checks Kangaskhan, but not as good because it will need to be locked into Superpower, and it doesn't check Thundurus, which otherwise might give you some issues. Next I picked Salamence, can't really remember why I picked it in terms of coverage, but it fits quite well on the team, and the mixed set is my favorite so I went with that. Looking back at the team Kangaskhan might also work there, so you can try that out if you want to. After adding Mence the team was weak to Fairy, so Heatran got added. Nothing too special about Heatran, Shuca Berry is really good nowadays, and so is Flash Cannon. Finally I needed a way to knock out Pokemon like Mega Salamence and Lando-T, so I added a personal favorite of mine, offensive Rotom-W. It has a big surprise factor to it, and although being kind of frail really packs a punch. This team is far from perfect, the core is honestly kind of bad and gimmicky. I must say though that Attract on Klefki really impressed me, and combined with Swagger and T-Wave, it becomes quite deadly. Gothitelle though didn't really get to much usage on the team. I often found myself preferring to just have Klefki support one of the hard hitters, instead of sitting and causing nightmares together with Gothitelle. You can try to swap Goth for like anything that you feel might fit instead of it (such as possibly Amoonguss or Cresselia, but I dunno), if you want to have a more serious team (because frankly this core is not the best). Hope you like the team, if you have any questions about it feel free to ask me, and I'll answer the best I can.

NatTheNewt

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Attract
- Swagger
- Foul Play

Gothitelle (M) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Attract
- Psychic
- Protect

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Sorry for the wait, but here is the team. So, to start off building around this core I knew that I wanted a Rock Slide user, and I ended up scrapping Landorus-T and Tyranitar because I wanted more control on my Kangaskhan matchup. Terrakion is not the best, but does it's job of checking Kangakshan and also Thundurus. If you feel like Terrakion is absolute garbage you can swap it for Scarf Landorus-T, which also checks Kangaskhan, but not as good because it will need to be locked into Superpower, and it doesn't check Thundurus, which otherwise might give you some issues. Next I picked Salamence, can't really remember why I picked it in terms of coverage, but it fits quite well on the team, and the mixed set is my favorite so I went with that. Looking back at the team Kangaskhan might also work there, so you can try that out if you want to. After adding Mence the team was weak to Fairy, so Heatran got added. Nothing too special about Heatran, Shuca Berry is really good nowadays, and so is Flash Cannon. Finally I needed a way to knock out Pokemon like Mega Salamence and Lando-T, so I added a personal favorite of mine, offensive Rotom-W. It has a big surprise factor to it, and although being kind of frail really packs a punch. This team is far from perfect, the core is honestly kind of bad and gimmicky. I must say though that Attract on Klefki really impressed me, and combined with Swagger and T-Wave, it becomes quite deadly. Gothitelle though didn't really get to much usage on the team. I often found myself preferring to just have Klefki support one of the hard hitters, instead of sitting and causing nightmares together with Gothitelle. You can try to swap Goth for like anything that you feel might fit instead of it (such as possibly Amoonguss or Cresselia, but I dunno), if you want to have a more serious team (because frankly this core is not the best). Hope you like the team, if you have any questions about it feel free to ask me, and I'll answer the best I can.
This set is working really well, now that I've got the hang of it! I replaced protect with swagger on gothitelle so that I can set up attract and confusion across the board in two turns regardless of gender. I know it's really gimmicky, (I've gotten more than enough "you play like a lil itch"s to realize that) but it works so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Synral

Clefairy (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 52 SpA / 148 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

So, when I started building around this core, I realised that it needed a way to not auto-lose if Politoed gets up the rain and Ludicolo is paired up with it, so I added Ferrothorn. It 2HKOs Ludicolo and OHKOs most Politoed's. Lum Berry makes it ignore at least the first Scald burn, and also makes it a great check to Rotom-W (which it OHKOs). Next I felt like adding Zapdos for Tailwind, which is nice for Char Y. I started out with an offensive set but without Fake Out support that thing doesn't get up Tailwind, so I landed on a bulky Safety Goggles set. If you are more a Thundurus guy you can swap Zapdos for Thundurus, but that doesn't make Char Y outspeed scarf Lando-T because it is immune to T-Wave, so imo Zapdos is better. Finally I added AV Lando-T. Almost every team needs Rock Slide from somewhere, and I picked AV since the team has Tailwind support, although scarf can be considered if you prefer it. Ferrothorn is as good as only used against rain, but can also do well in certain other matchups. Otherwise, the team has many cool lead combinations, and I enjoyed using it. It struggles a bit against Rock Slide spam from Lando-T, but with bulky Zapdos, Blaziken, Intimidate from Lando-T, and Clefairy's Freind Guard it mostly works out (although Scarf Gyarados with Stone Edge is a threat to the team). Hope you enjoy the team, if you have any questions, bring them to me and I'll answer them the best I can.

Edit: Also, sorry for taking way longer than I initially told you, school starting up and stuff delayed this a bit.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd love to get a team with Mega Gengar and Liepard, as Liepard can help Gengar massively, and Gengar can deal with fairies. I am extremely inexperienced in VGC so I want to find a very nice team to support this core, which I have heard is really nice indeed. I wish for something that can beat steels in the team as well like Terrakion, which can dispatch of steels comfortably, which Liepard and Gengar struggle with indeed. However I do not know too much about the kind of team support the core needs, as I have little idea of teambuillding, and would love a team from people who know what they are doing to give me a sense of what to do.

Sets:
Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Fake Tears
- Foul Play
Love this core to death, so I will be taking this

going to try to take up more cores listed here afterwards

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DaRizzleMyShizzle

So this was actually a bit more challenging than I anticipated. One of the biggest threat to this core is Thundurus as its able to Thunder Wave Gengar and Liepard cant do a whole lot to it. One way to remedy this is to have a Thundurus that can outspeed other thundurus and taunt them before they can start their prankster cheese. The Thundurus is able to outspeed max speed modest Hydreigon, survive a modest flamethrower from Charizard-Y, and avoids a 2hko from adamant Landorus-T Rock Slide with Sitrus. The Cresselia is meant to be an answer to the Landorus-T, Heatran, Amoonguss cores that plague VGC right now. The EVs on Cresselia allow it to OHKO bulky Landorus-T and 2HKO Assault Vest varients, while outspeeding 4 speed Rotom forms. The team had a huge issue to Dark types especially Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Hydreigon so Conkeldurr was thrown on to be able to handle those. With its EVs it can OHKO Scarf Tyranitar with Mach Punch, survive a Double-Edge from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan and Overheat from Modest Charizard-Y only KOs 37.5% of the time. Lastly the Garchomp was added on to be as a secondary answer to Heatran and one of your best options against Charizard-Y.

I hope this team works out for you! If you have any issues or questions please feel free to hit me up :]

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Fake Tears
- Foul Play

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 48 Def / 116 SpD / 108 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt / Swagger

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 220 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpA / 8 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Moonlight

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 14 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

lol 240 SpA Cress

ok btw i want to suggest a team around the Core of Mega Salamence and Heatran,i want mence to be a mix mence,other than that nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)