Pet Mod ViAbilities

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
oh shit
Tangled Feet: my Greedent, G-Luke's Falinks, Ema Skye's Grapploct

Shell Armor: G-Luke's Lapras, RDG's Kingler, Dislasc's Turtonator

Dilasc's Alcremie: No (nothing personal but it's not mine and I can't vote for mine)
Also Abstain on my Alcremie.
G-Luke's Slurpuff:
No
Dilasc's Mursharna: Abstain
RDG's Gardevoir: Yes
G-Luke's Orbeetle: Yes though i distinctly remember max 3 moves

Run Away: Adou's Dunsparce, G-Luke's Rapidash
I'd like to ask this now before another slate starts: how will we be dealing with separate forms, mainly Alolan/Galarian forms? It would feel weird for Rapidash to have distinctly better stats than its alternate form. (edit: at least in this case this isn't an issue, thankfully)

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
oh shit
Tangled Feet: my Greedent, G-Luke's Falinks, Ema Skye's Grapploct

Shell Armor: G-Luke's Lapras, RDG's Kingler, Dislasc's Turtonator

Dilasc's Alcremie: No (nothing personal but it's not mine and I can't vote for mine)
G-Luke's Slurpuff:
No
Dilasc's Mursharna: Abstain
RDG's Gardevoir: Yes
G-Luke's Orbeetle: Yes though i distinctly remember max 3 moves

Run Away: Adou's Dunsparce, G-Luke's Rapidash
I'd like to ask this now before another slate starts: how will we be dealing with separate forms, mainly Alolan/Galarian forms? It would feel weird for Rapidash to have distinctly better stats than its alternate form.
Tbf Galardash has different stats entirely due to being buffed previously

I was going to specify earlier that you can self-vote for that format but completely blanked on it, so sorry about that.

I'd like to ask this now before another slate starts
We won't be having another slate for a while, since we'll be starting playtesting after this slate and once everything gets coded, as well as reviewing and changing some rules and general processes moving forward, etc.

how will we be dealing with separate forms, mainly Alolan/Galarian forms? It would feel weird for Rapidash to have distinctly better stats than its alternate form.
Keeping consistency between regional variants isn't really a concern, but as G-Luke said earlier, Rapidash-Galar got a buff earlier anyway, so they've both got +25 BST from sheer coincidence, assuming the base Rapidash buffs win.

We have our winners:

Tangled Feet
1st: G-Luke's Falinks

Pokemon: Falinks
Ability: Tangled Feet
Stats: 74/111/100/70/60/80 (495)
Stat Changes: +9/+11/0/0/0/+5 (+25)
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Stone Edge

Falinks are a bunch beings in a line marching together. I'd believe their feet get tangled from time to time. Anyways for competitive impact its not easy to understand how much Falinks improves by - STAB priority Close Combat is a powerful thing. While Choice Banded sets will love the ability to revenge kill stuff that offense may be packing, I think its No Retreat sets that are the biggest winners here. Thanks to Tangled Feet, No Retreat will always go up first, meaning that you can't do over half to Falinks before it gets up its No Retreat (which most of offense can do). Giving it sweet Stone Edge and Gunk Shot access to it can deal with fairies and Flying types much better (provided they hit).
2nd: shnowshner's Greedent
:greedent: (Tangled Feet)
Pokemon:
Greedent
Stats: 125/100/100/55/85/20
Stat Changes: +5/+5/+5/0/+10/0
New Moves: Recycle, Curse, Double-Edge
It's honestly a crime that Greedent doesn't get Recycle: this Pokemon seems designed to be a berry-abuser, but it lacks the best move to make berry strategies work. Oh, right, Tangled Feet. Gluttony and Cheek Pouch interact with berries in obvious ways, so where does Tangled Feet come in?Enter Stuff Cheeks, Greedent's signature move. You immediately consume your berry and raise your Defense by 2 stages. It's a cool move, but with 20 Speed, a lot can get in the way of using it properly. Tangled Feet gives you +1 priority on the first turn active, allowing you to use Stuff Cheeks (or any move) almost immediately! No more Knock Offs or high damage attacks getting in the way of using your moves properly.

You can use Greedent in a lot of ways. It can be a revenge killer or a slow-and-steady sweeper that boosts it's stats while being able to keep itself healthy proactively due to the mechanics of berries. Both Tangled Feet and Cheek Pouch look like prime abilities, each with unique function for a team.

Stat-wise, Greedent is already very good. It actually takes Physical hits better than Snorlax, its closest counterpart. I didn't feel like min-maxing was needed, as 55 Special Attack and 20 Speed on a Pokemon with 460 BST is already pretty optimized by Game Freak standards. So I gave it some extra defenses, now boasting 125/100/85 bulk, and increased Attack to a solid 100.

I already elaborated on why Recycle is an amazing addition. There's a lot of interesting combinations you can do with Stuff Cheeks, your three abilities, and the wide array of berries which can recover health or increase stats. Curse is a great move that buffs its Physical stats, and the Speed drop is not a serious problem (could be helpful, even). Double-Edge is strong STAB that pairs nicely with high HP stats. Having a way to potentially drop your own HP into Berry-range is also appreciated.
3rd: Ema Skye's Grapploct
Pokemon: Grapploct
Ability: Tangled Feet
Stats: 95/118/90/55/90/58
Stat Changes: +15/0/0/-15/+10/+15 (+25 net)
New Moves: Recover, Flip Turn, Throat Chop
Flavor: Tentacles are sort of like feet and I imagine they get tangled up all the time!
Application: Grapploct really needs a niche and this presents many options. Tangled Feet gives it a much needed way to circumvent its speed, and opens up many unique opportunities, such as:
  • Topsy Turvy is an easy one. You force a switch on a boosted Pokemon or reverse the boosts.
  • Taunt is more niche but could be useful as a lead to block hazards.
  • Flip Turn gives it a fast pivot. Or you could use it without Tangled Feet for a slow pivot.
  • A fast Recover helps it survive if it needs to pivot in. And gives set up sets some much needed longevity.
  • Priority Bulk Up gives it a way to start setting up and reduce damage before it acts.
  • Soak could remove STAB bonuses.
  • Priority Close Combat is now the strongest priority move in the game, and demands respect.
  • Throat Chop gives it a coverage option and shuts down Boomburst users in a pinch. Gives it coverage to revenge Dragapult, Alakazam or Gengar as well.
Shell Armor

1st: G-Luke's Lapras

Pokemon: Lapras
Ability: Shell Armor
Stats: 130/75/95/100/95/65 (560)
Stat Changes: 0/-10/+15/+15/0/+5 (+25)
New Moves: Scald, Recover, Calm Mind, Iron Defense

Lapras deserves a buff for all of the hard time it gets in lower tiers. It can try its hand at a CM+ID set, and the addition of Scald drastically improves its utility, while Recover keeps its staying power. Not much else you can do with Lapras, unless you plan on giving him Shell Smash, a role that is already heavily filled by both OU staple Cloyster and the recent buffs.
2nd: My Kingler
:Kingler:
Pokemon: Kingler
Ability Being Modified: Shell Armor
Stats: 70/130/115/50/50/85
Stat Changes: +15/±0/±0/±0/±0/+10
New Moves: Poison Jab, Earthquake
Sample Set:
Kingler @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation / Crabhammer
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake / Knock Off
- Agility
Notes: Like with Crustle, I didn't feel that minimaxing was necessary with Kingler, since +25 BST and effectively ignoring that god-awful Special Defense is enough of a buff. The additions of Poison Jab and Earthquake are a large boon to this new set, as well as the tried-and-true Sheer Force sets, and differentiates its coverage with that of Crawdaunt.
3rd: Tie, see bottom

Run Away
1st: G-Luke's Rapidash

Pokemon: Rapidash
Ability: Run Away
Stats: 65/115/70/80/80/115 (525)
Stat Changes: 0/+15/0/0/0/+10 (+25)
New Moves: Superpower

Now Rapidash is a powerful sweeper / pivot with its powerful STAB Flare Blitz and its expert use of its ability Run Away. While its Galarian variant has access to Knock Off and U-turn to keep up momentum / utility, this variant relies on its superior offensive capabilities and stellar coverage to break through teams.
2nd: My Dunsparce
:Dunsparce:
Pokemon: Dunsparce
Ability Being Modified: Run Away
Stats: 100/80/85/50/80/45
Stat Changes: ±0/+10/+15/-15/+15/±0
New Moves: First Impression, Snap Trap
Sample Sets:
Dunsparce @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- First Impression
- Earthquake
- Roost
Dunsparce @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Snap Trap
- Dragon Rush
- Coil
- Roost
Dunsparce @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
Notes: Dunsparce's Normal typing actually works to its advantage with Run Away, since only Fighting coverage can force it to switch out. While it won't exactly be making waves on its own with these buffs, Dunsparce will function much better as a team player, quickly switching out against threats to teammates that can deal with them, to the benefit of teammates weak to Fighting as well as itself. These sets exemplify this, either attempting to outlast an opponent and force them to switch, trapping an opponent and setting up with Coil to make them want to switch, or safely setting Stealth Rocks and forcing opponents to switch with Yawn.
3rd: MegaFlareon's Flareon
flareon.png

Pokemon: Flareon
Ability Being Modified: Run Away
Stats: 75/130/60/95/110/80 (550)
Stat Changes: ±10/±0/±/±0/±0/±15 (+25)
New Moves: Wild Charge
Sample Set:
Flareon @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- High Horsepower / Play Rough
- Wild Charge / Play Rough / Quick Attack

In a similar vein, Flareon also benefits from Run Away resetting its Attack and Defense drops from Superpower. Wild Charge gives it an option to KO bulky waters such as Gyarados and Toxapex. Increased HP stat help Flareon absorb recoil from Flare Blitz and Wild Charge.
Sweet Veil
shnowshner's Alcremie
:alcremie: (Sweet Veil)
Pokemon: Alcremie
Stats: 79/45/79/119/136/62
Stat Changes: +14/-15/+4/+9/+15/-2
New Moves: Earth Power, Rapid Spin. Power Gem
Did you know Alcremie's namesake comes from Alchemy? You wouldn't tell just by looking at it. Calm Mind + Stored Power is a classic, but this also gets Fairy STAB to hit Dark types which might try to stop it dead, Acid Armor to patch up an otherwise mediocre Physical Defense, and access to recovery. Team support options include Light Screen and Aromatherapy, plus the brand-new Sweet Veil giving the whole team additional recovery! (for five turns!(?))

Stat changes are straightforward. Alcremie wants to be Specially Defensive, so I made sure to do so. Extra HP and an even crazier SpDf stat goes a long way, and it gets a bit more Physical Defense as well. Lowered Attack since we don't need it, and 64 Speed doesn't outspeed anything relevant so I dropped it to 62, which just edges out TTar. Some extra Special Attack as well.

I wanted to boost Alcremie's team support and late-game potential while also tying into its connection to alchemy and magic. Of the four classical elements, we have fire (Mystical Fire) and water (this is a stretch but Calm Mind), so all that was left was earth and air. Fairy types like Ground attacks to hit all three of their resists, but few get access to the coveted coverage. But thanks to alchemy, we can now harness the earth's power. Earth Power. Rapid Spin is the air element because tornadoes and hazard control and also I could not find a good competitive nor flavorful reason to give it a Flying-type move. It evolves via spinning I mean come on. What's Power Gem for, then? That's the Philosopher's Stone, and you can use it to also hit Fire-types which may not be as weak to Ground, such as Volcarona or Rotom-Heat. Can be useful against other Pokemon as well. Comes down to what your team is composed of and your priorities. All three moves help in giving Alcremie tools to either support its team throughout the match while not being deadweight against certain Types/Pokemon, or aiding it in its own sweeping potential. Having an additional layer of recovery thanks to Sweet Veil is valuable in that regard, and helps make this all possible.
Telepathy
Dilasc's Musharna
Pokemon: Musharna
Ability: Forewarn/Synchronize (Telepathy)
Stats: 131/45/100/112/110/14 (512)
Stat Changes: +15/-10/+15/+5/+15/-15 (+25)
New Moves: Boomburst, Teleport, Slack Off

All hail the once near-mascot of Sylvemons, Musharna is the worst Telepath, other than Oranguru whose typing really goes against the spirit of the ability. Alienmon likely wants Analytic and Orbeetle has Sticky Webs niche. Musharna sacrifices all of its speed for a powerful Boomburst. Keep in mind, that it is so very slow and while it can set up Trick Room, is the tradeoff worth the time?

252+ SpA Life Orb Telepathy Musharna Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 156-183 (51.8 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's strong for an attack vs a resist, but keep in mind that Magearna is faster so if you want to get the 2hko you will be going last. Dark types are troublesome. Granted, this mon now has the slowest pivot of all time with 14 speed teleport which it can pull off with its high defenses. Granted, the Urshifu-Dark, Marowak-A, and Volcarona meta isn't very kind to psychic types, especially very slow ones. Slowbro doesn't care.

252+ SpA Musharna Telepathy Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 164 SpD Slowbro: 135-159 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- 51.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Goodra doesn't care and even laughs at the Moonblast coverage.

252+ SpA Telepathy Musharna Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 127-150 (33.1 - 39.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

Slowbro can Calm Mind and Recover or keep pivoting out if it wants. If Shell Armor bro takes off, then it goes without saying that Mushy is even worse against it.

Adamant Banded Urshi KOs even when Mush has some defensive investment. It's always faster too, if you were even going to think of second guessing.

252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 244 Def Musharna on a critical hit: 512-606 (109.8 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If the stats for Mushyboy are too much then I will take a hatchet to them or swap Boomburst with Hyper Voice but I've posted a bunch of checks and counters so far and the meta would need time to truly test it out. Still, it's a very slow mon and despite being defensively a better Mew, it lacks Mew's movepool diversity, even if it has a great ability.
Revenge of Depressed Gay's Gardevoir
Pokemon: Gardevoir
Ability Being Modified: Telepathy
Stats: 68/65/65/130/120/95
Stat Changes: 0/0/0/+5/+5/+15
New Moves: Sparkling Aria, Fire Blast
Sample Set:

My Waifu is Calming to Laifu
Item: Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Hyper Voice
-Fire Blast/Shadow Ball

So calm mind or scarfed is probably what this this will end up using. With calm mind you got the two stabs and then Fire Blast or Shadow Ball to pick whatever weakness you want to destroy. Of course a swift bullet punch to the face will end it, but hopefully it's increased HP will make the blow go by slower.
G-Luke's Orbeetle

Pokemon: Orbeetle
Ability: Telepathy
Stats: 75/40/110/92/120/93 (505)
Stat Changes: +15/-5/0/+12/0/+3 (+25)
New Moves: Tri-Attack, Rapid Spin, Fake Out, Hyper Voice, Spikes, Explosion

Orbeetle is very weird. So I went with that. Most of these are a desperate attempt at giving Orb utility outside of suicide Webs. Psychic -ate isnt good for Orb, so i focused on giving it utility based Normal moves
We do have a tie to break for Shell Armor's third place, between my Crustle and guruu's Cloyster. Vote for one of the two, with self-votes permitted. Voting will end on Thursday.

Pokemon: Cloyster
Base Stats: 65 HP | 95 ATK | 180 DEF | 95 SPA | 45 SPD | 70 SPE
Stat Changes: +15 HP, +10 SPA
New Moves: Body Press, Freeze-Dry
Cloyster @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Freeze-Dry
- Hydro Pump
Notes: With just the Shell Armor buff, Cloyster gains Deoxys-D-like bulk and can easily fill a hazard control role. However, I decided to give Cloyster these few extra additions so it can fill a bulky attacker role as well. Body Press pairs well with Iron Defense because after one boost all damage taken (when healthy) is cut in half and the power of Body Press is doubled. Hell, the Iron Defense + Body Press combo is a solid option on any Shell Armor Pokemon who can learn it.
:Crustle:
Pokemon: Crustle
Ability Being Modified: Shell Armor
Stats: 85/105/135/65/75/45
Stat Changes: +15/±0/+10/±0/±0/±0
New Moves: Leech Life
Sample Sets:
Crustle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
Crustle @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Leech Life
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
Notes: Despite its current placement in the base Smogon tiers, I don't feel that there's a massive necessity to minimax Crustle, considering that its greatest weakness in Water-type moves is less of an issue now that they'll be calculated under its buffed Defense stat. Now that its defensive prowess is increased, Crustle can run more sets that cater to that, not requiring a Focus Sash to get hazards set up, or it can live with its low Speed and take advantage of the surprisingly wide coverage options that are available to it.

RoDG's Arctozolt - 0
Ema Skye's Grapploct - 7
shnowshner's Greedent - 11
G-Luke's Falinks - 12
Dilasc's Turtonator - 3
RoDG's Kingler - 2
G-Luke's Lapras - 10
Adou's Crustle - 4
Adou's Kingler - 7
guruu's Cloyster - 4
Dilasc's Alcremie - 1 yes, 3 no
shnowshner's Alcremie - 4 yes, 0 no
G-Luke's Slurpuff - 0 yes, 1 no
Dilasc's Musharna - 2 yes, 2 no
RoDG's Gardevoir - 3 yes, 1 no
G-Luke's Orbeetle - 4 yes, 0 no
RoDG's Dunsparce - 3
Bmw6446's Shedinja - 0
G-Luke's Rapidash - 11
Adou's Dunsparce - 9
MegaFlareon's Glaceon - 2
MegaFlareon's Flareon - 4

Crustle has won the tiebreaker, and I'll be temporarily stopping slates in order to wait for the meta to get coded, with playtesting and tournaments following soon after, as well as balancing changes and the like. Join the Discord server for discussion, and to be alerted on updates.

Quick update, ViAbilities is now playable on Dragon Heaven. It's currently being tested for whether or not the abilities work as intended. For now, all ability additions have been implemented, save for Jolteon's 5th ability slot. An update will be given when everything is functional. In the meantime, you can see the testing progress on the spreadsheet. PM me on Smogon or @ me in the Discord server if you have any questions or issues. In addition, a special thanks goes out to KirbyRider1337, Sharpen42, and Yoshiblaze for coding the abilities.

EDIT: All abilities have been tested. Anticipation, Damp, Healer, Illuminate, Stench, Telepathy, and Shell Armor are all fully functional, but please refrain from using Mummy or Run Away as they crash the battle. Klutz, Iron Fist, Receiver, Sweet Veil, and Battery are awaiting fixes.

Last edited:
Another update: The ViAbilities ladder is now up on Pokemon Showdown, and every previously non-functional ability with the exception of Sweet Veil is now working (huge thanks to Kris for getting those up and running)! In addition, sign ups for the ViAbilities Startup Tournament will be closing next Thursday, so be sure to join if you haven't already. Once some more time has passed we'll be looking into a retooling slate if necessary, then go on to a free-for-all slate.

According to the spreadsheet, boltund received energy ball, but trying to pass it through the teambuilder says that energy ball is illegal. Was the spreadsheet not updated, or is something not working right with the teambuilder?

According to the spreadsheet, boltund received energy ball, but trying to pass it through the teambuilder says that energy ball is illegal. Was the spreadsheet not updated, or is something not working right with the teambuilder?
That's a problem with the teambuilder, I noticed this before and tested every other move addition, that and Vespiquen's additions aren't currently legal for some reason, and I put a report in for it which will hopefully be resolved shortly.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Deleting all of the silly one liners. If you have serious inquires about the metagame, then that is what the thread is for. Questions about Pet Mods in general go to the Simple Questions and Answers Thread. Other casual convos or silly stuff should go else where, preferably in each other's pms.

Gen 8 OU. Personally having megas and z crystals made for a messy meta that focused on power, and this pet mod tries to even things out. So Gen 8 OU

Ability: Defeatist
New Effect: Stats are still lowered, but all attacks are critical hits
Competitive Reasoning: One of the few abilities with no benefits
Thematic Reasoning: The Pokemon is beaten down, but is getting desperate with its attacks

Ability: Friend Guard
New Effect: When this Pokemon switches out, the Pokemon switching receives less damage
Competitive Reasoning: Only viable in double battles
Thematic Reasoning: This Pokemon does not want its friends to get hurt as a result of their own actions

Ability: Oblivious
New Effect: Immunity to Psychic type moves
Competitive Reasoning: Attract has no presence in any metagames
Thematic Reasoning: Psychic techniques like hypnosis and telekinesis don't work on a mind that shuts out any outside influence

Ability: Rivalry
New Effect: Moves deal extra damage if the target has stat boosts (Or alternatively if they have taken multiple out Pokemon on your team)
Competitive Reasoning: The effectiveness of Rivalry is completely random
Thematic Reasoning: Rivals in Pokemon are typically meant to push you to become stronger, so this ability is meant to power up your Pokemon when they are facing what is likely the strongest Pokemon on the enemy's team

Ability: Symbiosis
New Effect: Moves called with Assist double in power
Thematic Reasoning: Symbiosis means two organisms working together, and Assist is one of the only moves that involves more than one of or your teams members in a single battle

Ability: Wonder Skin
New Effect: Boosts defense based on whether the attack is physical of special
Competitive Reasoning: Wonder Skin is inferior when compared to abilities like Magic Bounce
Thematic Reasoning: The Pokemon has a unique skin that can adapt to take on whichever attack its foe dishes out

Ability: Defeatist
New Effect: Stats are still lowered, but all attacks are critical hits
Competitive Reasoning: One of the few abilities with no benefits
Thematic Reasoning: The Pokemon is beaten down, but is getting desperate with its attacks

Ability: Friend Guard
New Effect: When this Pokemon switches out, the Pokemon switching receives less damage
Thematic Reasoning: This Pokemon does not want its friends to get hurt as a result of their own actions

Ability: Oblivious
New Effect: Immunity to Psychic type moves
Competitive Reasoning: Attract has no presence in any metagames
Thematic Reasoning: Psychic techniques like hypnosis and telekinesis don't work on a mind that shuts out any outside influence

Ability: Rivalry
New Effect: Moves deal extra damage if the target has stat boosts (Or alternatively if they have taken multiple out Pokemon on your team)
Competitive Reasoning: The effectiveness of Rivalry is completely random
Thematic Reasoning: Rivals in Pokemon are typically meant to push you to become stronger, so this ability is meant to power up your Pokemon when they are facing what is likely the strongest Pokemon on the enemy's team

Ability: Symbiosis
New Effect: Moves called with Assist double in power
Thematic Reasoning: Symbiosis means two organisms working together, and Assist is one of the only moves that involves more than one of or your teams members in a single battle

Ability: Wonder Skin
New Effect: Boosts defense based on whether the attack is physical of special
Competitive Reasoning: Wonder Skin is inferior when compared to abilities like Magic Bounce
Thematic Reasoning: The Pokemon has a unique skin that can adapt to take on whichever attack its foe dishes out
We are not currently in a submission slate.

Balancing
With several weeks into the mod, I'd like to hear some balancing concerns and adjust the pet mod by submissions accordingly later. There's no format or anything for putting out these concerns, feel free to spew what you think needs to be changed about the mod.

Slikkles

formerly Slaty fildrong
is a Tiering Contributor
Where do we share our submissions ?
Can we totaly change an ability already voted ?
All abilities can be changed ?
Will there be other votes for the new submissions ?

These are questions that can be asked. Can we have an answer please ? It would help

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Balancing
With several weeks into the mod, I'd like to hear some balancing concerns and adjust the pet mod by submissions accordingly later. There's no format or anything for putting out these concerns, feel free to spew what you think needs to be changed about the mod.
I mean uhh I dont think this mod as seen enough play since Crown Tundra to warrant any thoughts rn, maybe some in-discord playtest tournament could help us make a more educated guess as to what the meta's like rn

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Balancing
Well I'd say the biggest problem right now is that we balanced everything around the pre-DLC era of SwSh, where power levels and diversity were both pretty low. Most of the decisions we made have become pretty outdated: a lot of buffs handed out may not make it work in the current OU landscape even after the banwave has finished. The reworked abilities themselves are fine, and we've definitely made a few Pokemon/Abilities which should see some success even after OU became completely different. But we definitely need to do a serious review of what we have since there seems to be a lot of changed Pokemon which have little hope of accomplishing anything. Some Pokemon simply had their ability changed but we weren't really planning on changing them anyhow (like Klutz Toxtricity and Run Away Shedinja), so we don't need to retool everything, just the stuff people put actual thought into. It may be helpful to see if any of the new/returning Pokemon should get the abilities we've worked on, since there's liek 75+ of them which were completely absent when changing distribution.

Other than that another ability slate would be nice, we got some new and newly reintroduced abilities which fall into our purview of reworking (RNG based/useless in singles/useless in general). Would make it easier to make the meta more distinct from standard than it is now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)