Victini (Special Attacker) [QC: 3/3] [GP: 2/2]

So after facing this kind of Victini before and getting shockingly slaughtered by it, I decided to try it out for myself and I am not disappointed with the results. Looking at its analysis, this is said in the Other Options: "Victini can run a special set as it has a wide special movepool containing a plethora of moves such as Blue Flare, Psychic, Focus Blast, and Thunder. However, special sets are generally outclassed by Volcarona, Heatran, and Chandelure." I have to disagree with this reasoning, though, because the three mentioned Pokemon play completely differently. I think it's pretty obvious as to why.

Victini

[SET]
name: Special Attacker
move 1: Blue Flare
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Thunder / Thunderbolt
move 4: Glaciate
item: Life Orb / Expert Belt
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Victini is often seen punching giant holes in the opposition using its absurdly powerful V-create, but this set takes advantage of Victini's formidable special movepool that fulfills a prominent wallbreaking role as well. The main difference between this set versus Victini's physical wallbreaking counterpart is the fact that physical Victini is used in a more hit-and-run type of fashion due to V-create's stats-reducing drawback. Furthermore, physical variants typically lack the type coverage this set offers. This makes it more prone to being forced out by the opponent, unlike special Victini which is harder to play around with due to its vast type coverage and powerful attacks, two of which have a good chance at causing either burn or paralysis status. It also takes out the Pokemon that commonly switch into physical Victini, such as Garchomp, Hippowdon, and Jellicent.</p>

<p>Blue Flare is Victini's unique STAB attack of choice, scorching foes with more power than Fire Blast, and with Victory Star, it reaches a reliable accuracy of 93.5%. Focus Blast provides additional coverage against Tyranitar and Heatran, two extremely common Victini switch-ins, whereas Thunder maims the plethora of Water-types, such as Politoed, Tentacruel, and Jellicent. Again, thanks to Victory Star, both Focus Blast and Thunder's shaky accuracy is marginally accommodated for. However, if you feel the need to run Thunderbolt, which is much weaker but boasts perfect accuracy regardless of weather, it's a decent alternative. The final slot is open to Glaciate, an excellent move that Kyurem generously allowed Victini to play with. Not only does it obliterate the omnipresent Dragon-types, it also provides handy Speed-reducing utility that can be game-changing by easing prediction. For instance, Victini can Glaciate an incoming Terrakion expecting to sponge its Blue Flare, but because Victini will now outspeed the naturally faster Terrakion, it can then take Terrakion out with Focus Blast. Furthermore, in cases where Victini just misses out on scoring an OHKO against a faster target, Glaciate can be used to inflict the needed damage and allow Victini to outpace the threat for the KO, meaning Victini only has to take one hit rather than two.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Using Life Orb and a Modest nature are recommended to produce the most damage output possible, as Victini ends up hitting ridiculously hard with its high-powered attacks. Although, if you despise losing Speed ties against max Speed Salamence and Jirachi as well as being outpaced by max Speed Hydreigon, a Timid nature is perfectly viable to consider. Expert Belt is also worthy of being used if you prefer longevity over power, especially considering the fact that Victini's moveset provides amazing type coverage. Do note, though, that using Expert Belt prevents Victini from securing certain 2HKOs, such as against specially defensive Hippowdon with Blue Flare, 232 HP Rotom-W with Focus Blast, and offensive Latias with Glaciate. In terms of other attacking options, Grass Knot can be used to hit Gastrodon and specially defensive Hippowdon very hard, which can otherwise cause nuisances with their impressive bulk and instant recovery. It's also possible to use Victini's signature and stronger Fire-type attack in V-create over Blue Flare, allowing it to become a decent mixed attacker to obliterate Blissey, which otherwise walls this Victini. If V-create is used, be sure to use a defense-reducing nature of your choice rather than an Attack-reducing nature.</p>

<p>Because Victini is vulnerable to every entry hazard, it's strongly recommended to provide Rapid Spin support to remedy this. Tentacruel and Forretress are both great options to consider, as they are two of the most reliable spinners in OU and offer great support with their own entry hazards. Ferrothorn is another potent entry hazard user that Victini greatly appreciates, as it can secure certain KOs against the likes of Latias, Jellicent, and Hippowdon. It is worth noting that Tentacruel and Ferrothorn form the sturdy Fire / Water / Grass core with Victini, offering great synergy with each other. Due to this set working great as a wallbreaker, Pokemon that can clean up the weakened opposition are encouraged for use. For this reason, Choice Scarf Terrakion, double booster Thundurus-T, Swords Dance Lucario, and Alakazam are excellent candidates to consider as they are some of OU's finest late-game sweepers; they also appreciate Pokemon that this Victini is good at weakening or removing altogether, such as Hippowdon, Jellicent, and Latias. Lastly, Pokemon that can defeat Blissey is encouraged; Choice Band Tyranitar and Scizor are superb answers, as they can potentially get rid of it with Pursuit if you sense it switching out or Superpower should it stay in.</p>

[SET]

Why does this set deserve to be on-site?
  • excellent attacker that can deal with a handful of prominent threats within OU, as well as being a formidable late-game sweeper with its vast type coverage
  • most Victini are seen spamming V-create and punching giant holes, but this one takes advantage of its extensive special movepool and more reliable STAB attack to fit a sweeping role
  • can catch most of its checks and counters off guard
  • not outclassed by Volcarona because it has a bigger Stealth Rock weakness, reliance on Quiver Dance to perform a late-game sweep, and lacks the type coverage Victini has
  • not outclassed by Heatran because Victini is faster, is basically just as strong with Expert Belt, and fulfills a sweeping role much more effectively with its movepool
  • not outclassed by Chandelure because it has a limited movepool and lower Speed, plus it just plays completely differently
[SET COMMENTS]
  • great user of special attacks with its moveset that boasts great type coverage
  • instead of punching giant holes with V-create as it's most commonly seen doing, this variant is better at performing a sweeping role
  • Blue Flare for a reliable and powerful STAB attack
  • Focus Blast to provide coverage and specifically hits Tyranitar (62%-75% damage to 252 HP/252 SpD Tyranitar) and Heatran (248 HP/252 SpD is 2HKOed with Stealth Rock) hard
  • Thunderbolt for the plethora of Water-types, such as Politoed, Tentacruel, and Jellicent, but Thunder can be used for more power and the accuracy is accommodated with Victory Star and rain if it is up
  • Glaciate maims the omnipresent Dragon-types and obliterates Landorus-T, as well as providing helpful Speed reducing support that can be game-changing (ie: eases prediction as you can Glaciate a switch-in and, knowing that you will outspeed, can then use the correct move)
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Life Orb + Modest nature for most damage possible, but Timid nature can be used for more Speed and tying with max Speed Salamence and Jirachi and/or Expert Belt if you prefer longevity
  • Grass Knot to hit Hippowdon
  • V-create for Blissey
  • Rapid Spin and entry hazard support is appreciated to increase longevity and potential KOs - Tentacruel and Ferrothorn are great options to consider
  • it's worth noting that Victini, Tentacruel, and Ferrothorn form the sturdy Fire / Water / Grass core, meaning their typings pair well with each other
  • because this set works great at cleaning up the remains, hard-hitting attackers that can break through the opposition's cores are recommended, especially when it comes to dealing with Blissey - Choice Band Kyurem-B and Terrakion, Choice Specs Latios, and Swords Dance Lucario and Breloom are excellent candidates to consider
  • noteworthy to use Pokemon that lure in Pokemon Victini takes advantage of and vice versa - Double Dancer Thundurus-T appreciates weakened Latias and Hippowdon while Victini switches in against Celebi

Thanks for considering this set. Let me know if I need to add anything else, as this is what I've been playing with for now, or simply reject the set altogether for whatever reason if it's deemed unworthy.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Slash Life Orb with EB and Modest with Timid (in whatever order you prefer). Also, slash Thunder after Thunderbolt as it has good enough accuracy even outside of rain thx to Victory Star. Will use this set and come back with more feedback.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hypothetically speaking, isn't V-Create usually better since even with max Special Attack + Timid, your only doing like 2% more than a V-Create?

its entirely possible I screwed up my calculations and if so disregard, but if V-Create is STILL hitting harder than Blue Flare, then its potentially a better option, since you can do huge damage with your STAB attack, with the bonus of being able to go "Mixed" thus blasting through like, a Blissey or something. Sure, the stat drops suck but without V-Create, your actually missing out on significant power (assuming I have calculated correctly).

Would also push for a Grass Knot mention (maybe AC or better), since it hits both Hippowdon and Tyranitar hard as well as Politoed, Keldeo, and Jellicent. You do miss out on Gyarados and Rotom-W tho which does suck I guess.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree that special attacking Victini is not outclassed by other Fire-types, but I personally think what Victini's special sets are outclassed by its own physical sets. On the physical side, both V-Create and Bolt Strike are more powerful than Blue Flare / Thunder, while also having a U-turn that has Attack investment behind it. The only thing I can see that special Victini does better is that it doesn't have the vulnerability of stat drops, but in general, physical attacking Victini is just so much more powerful.

Slash Life Orb with EB and Modest with Timid (in whatever order you prefer). Also, slash Thunder after Thunderbolt as it has good enough accuracy even outside of rain thx to Victory Star. Will use this set and come back with more feedback.
I don't really think Life Orb is worth it due to the recoil and the entry hazard damage Victini might be taking. It'd be prone to dying pretty quickly. I'm going to have to run some calcs and see if it scores any notable 2HKOs and OHKOs it otherwise won't be able to achieve with Expert Belt. I'm in the same boat with using Modest, I'm not sure if losing the Speed tie against Salamence and the like is worth it for the extra power. Again, I'll look into this, but feel free to provide your justification. I'll slash Thunder, though, because I actually saw that once and got creamed by it.

Hypothetically speaking, isn't V-Create usually better since even with max Special Attack + Timid, your only doing like 2% more than a V-Create?

its entirely possible I screwed up my calculations and if so disregard, but if V-Create is STILL hitting harder than Blue Flare, then its potentially a better option, since you can do huge damage with your STAB attack, with the bonus of being able to go "Mixed" thus blasting through like, a Blissey or something. Sure, the stat drops suck but without V-Create, your actually missing out on significant power (assuming I have calculated correctly).

Would also push for a Grass Knot mention (maybe AC or better), since it hits both Hippowdon and Tyranitar hard as well as Politoed, Keldeo, and Jellicent. You do miss out on Gyarados and Rotom-W tho which does suck I guess.
I'm not a fan of V-create on this set to be honest because that's not this particular set's playstyle. The stat drops are completely crippling and prevents Victini from actually sweeping the opposition's weakened team, not even considering the fact that it's 2% stronger like you've calculated. Being forced to use it as your primary STAB attack is very unfortunate. Also, I would not consider an extra 2% damage as "missing out on significant power" because you're really not. If anything, I'll mention it in AC as a means of dealing with tough special walls, specifically Blissey.

Grass Knot only really hits Hippowdon, which already is hit by Glaciate/Blue Flare for good damage, so I'm probably not going to slash it and rather mention it in AC. Also, it hits Politoed and Keldeo for less damage than Thunderbolt/Thunder, and hits Jellicent for only 5 BP more comparing to Thunderbolt.

I agree that special attacking Victini is not outclassed by other Fire-types, but I personally think what Victini's special sets are outclassed by its own physical sets. On the physical side, both V-Create and Bolt Strike are more powerful than Blue Flare / Thunder, while also having a U-turn that has Attack investment behind it. The only thing I can see that special Victini does better is that it doesn't have the vulnerability of stat drops, but in general, physical attacking Victini is just so much more powerful.
There is a big difference between special Victini and physical Victini. Indeed physical variants carry the stronger V-create and Bolt Strike, but its playstyle is more akin to something like Specs Latios. It comes in when it can and attempts to fire off a ridiculously powerful attack to punch huge holes within the opposition, then switch out due to stat drops and the like. I'm not denying physical Vicitni is way more powerful because it clearly is, it's just that it lacks the sweeping potential special Victini has. Special Victini actually has the ability to severely annoy the opponent with its insane type coverage and excellent power.

Thanks for the quick comments, QC.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Here are some calcs in favor of Modest + LO:

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Victini Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 224-265 (53.33 - 63.09%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
vs
- 252+ SpA Victini Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 172-204 (40.95 - 48.57%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Victini Focus Blast vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 147-174 (49.16 - 58.19%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
vs
- 252+ SpA Victini Focus Blast vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 113-134 (37.79 - 44.81%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Victini Glaciate vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 135-161 (44.7 - 53.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
vs
- 252+ SpA Expert Belt Victini Glaciate vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 125-149 (41.39 - 49.33%) -- 76.56% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

- 252+ SpA Life Orb Victini Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion in sand: 229-270 (70.67 - 83.33%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+
- 252+ SpA Life Orb Victini Glaciate vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion in sand: 62-74 (19.13 - 22.83%) -- possible 5HKO
...more than 50% chance to 2HKO Terrakion in sand if you catch it on the switch with Glaciate after SR, while EB just can't do this.

Also with LO, Victini can easily 2HKO SubCM Latias with just two SR rounds, unlike EB which needs more residual damage. In general, LO is the best item for a wallbreaker that doesn't get many switch-in chances and thus tries to do as much damage as possible. Same is true for Modest. Not to mention that doing as much damage as possible on your first hit is very important, because the opponent will get that you are special from the damage and will bring in his special wall. Crippling Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Heatran, and Dragon-types, especially in rain is one of the things that this set does good and it seems a shame to compromise this for a bit more longevity.

So, make LO and Modest the main slashes and put Expert Belt and Timid after. Also, move Thunder in front of Thunderbolt, as this set is all about power and nearly KOing bulky waters after SR is very useful. I need to test this more but maybe Grass Knot deserves to be slashed after the Electric moves. It goes really well with Expert Belt, which can't otherwise 2HKO SpD Hippowdon, and also mauls Gastrodon, while still denting some Water-types, although the loss in power against Keldeo, Politoed, and Tentacruel is the reason i am not sure if it deserves to be in the main set.

As for partners, i liked a lot Double Dance Thund-T with Victini. Victini can lure and weaken Hippo and Lati@s, while Victini gets switch-in chances against Celebi.

Make the changes and i will approve it.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Fuzznip

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Victini is often seen punching giant holes within the opposition using its absurdly powerful V-create, but this set takes advantage of Victini's formidable special movepool that fulfills a prominent wallbreaking role, unlike its physical counterparts. Blue Flare is Victini's unique STAB attack of choice, scorching foes with more power than Fire Blast, and with Victory Star, it reaches a reliable accuracy of 95%. Focus Blast provides additional coverage against Tyranitar and Heatran, two extremely common Victini switch-ins, whereas Thunder maims the plethora of Water-types, such as Politoed, Tentacruel, and Jellicent. Again, thanks to Victory Star, both Focus Blast and Thunder's shaky accuracy is marginally accommodated for. However, if you feel the need to run the perfectly accurate, regardless of weather, but much weaker Thunderbolt, it's a decent alternative. The final slot is open to Glaciate, an excellent move that Kyurem generously allowed Victini to play with. Not only does it obliterate the omnipresent Dragon-types, it also provides handy Speed-reducing utility that can be proven game-changing by easing prediction. For instance, Victini can Glaciate an incoming Terrakion expecting to sponge its Blue Flare, but knowing that because Victini will now outspeed the naturally faster Terrakion, it can then take it out with Focus Blast. Furthermore, in cases where Victini just misses out on scoring an OHKO against a faster target, Glaciate can be used to cause the needed damage and allow Victini to outpace the threat for the KO, meaning Victini only has to take one hit rather than two.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Using Life Orb and a Modest nature are recommended to produce the most damage output possible, as Victini ends up hitting ridiculously hard with its high-powered attacks. Although, if you despise losing Speed ties against max Speed Salamence and Jirachi as well as being outpaced by max Speed Hydreigon, a Timid nature is a perfectly viable nature to consider. Expert Belt is also worthy of being used if you prefer longevity over power, especially considering the fact that Victini's moveset provides amazing type coverage. In terms of other attacking options, Grass Knot can be used to hit Gastrodon and specially defensive Hippowdon very hard, which that can otherwise cause nuisances with their impressive bulk and instant recovery. It's also possible to use Victini's signature and stronger Fire-type attack in V-create over Blue Flare, allowing it to become a decent mixed attacker to obliterate Blissey, which otherwise walls this Victini. If V-create is used, be sure to use a defense-reducing nature of your choice rather than an Attack-reducing nature.</p>

<p>Because Victini is prone vulnerable to every entry hazard, it's strongly recommended to provide Rapid Spin support to remedy this. Tentacruel and Forretress are both great options to consider as they are some of the most reliable spinners in OU and offer great support with their own in entry hazards. Varriation change, I just didn't really like how many times you were saying "in". If you prefer your way, that's fine too Ferrothorn is another potent entry hazard user that Victini greatly appreciates, as it can secure certain KOs against the likes of Latias, Jellicent, and Hippowdon. It is worth noting that Tentacruel and Ferrothorn form the sturdy Fire/Water/Grass core with Victini, meaning their typings pair well with each other. Due to this set working great as a wallbreaker, late-game sweepers that can clean up the weakened opposition are encouraged for use. Choice Scarf Terrakion, double dancer Thundurus-T, Swords Dance Lucario, and Alakazam are excellent candidates to consider. Lastly, Pokemon that can capitalize on Blissey's presence is encouraged; Choice Band Tyranitar and Scizor are superb answers, (AC) as they can potentially get rid of it with Pursuit if you sense it switching out or Superpower should it stay in.</p>

1/2

Last edited:

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hihi, GP check! Excellent work with this. :)

Additions / Changes
Removes
Comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Victini is often seen punching giant holes in the opposition using its absurdly powerful V-create, but this set takes advantage of Victini's formidable special movepool that fulfills a prominent wallbreaking role, unlike its physical counterparts. Blue Flare is Victini's unique STAB attack of choice, scorching foes with more power than Fire Blast, and with Victory Star, it reaches a reliable accuracy of 95%. Focus Blast provides additional coverage against Tyranitar and Heatran, two extremely common Victini switch-ins, whereas Thunder maims the plethora of Water-types, such as Politoed, Tentacruel, and Jellicent. Again, thanks to Victory Star, both Focus Blast and Thunder's shaky accuracy is marginally accommodated for. However, if you feel the need to run Thunderbolt, which is much weaker but boasts the perfectly accurate accuracy, (RC) regardless of weather, but much weaker Thunderbolt, (RC) it's a decent alternative. (The previous wording was just really awkward to read; hopefully I kept the same meaning that you intended) The final slot is open to Glaciate, an excellent move that Kyurem generously allowed Victini to play with. Not only does it obliterate the omnipresent Dragon-types, it also provides handy Speed-reducing utility that can be game-changing by easing prediction. For instance, Victini can Glaciate an incoming Terrakion expecting to sponge its Blue Flare, but because Victini will now outspeed the naturally faster Terrakion, it can then take it Terrakion out with Focus Blast. (Two 'it' in a row can be confusing, so clarify at least one of them.) Furthermore, in cases where Victini just misses out on scoring an OHKO against a faster target, Glaciate can be used to cause inflict the needed damage and allow Victini to outpace the threat for the KO, meaning Victini only has to take one hit rather than two.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Using Life Orb and a Modest nature are recommended to produce the most damage output possible, as Victini ends up hitting ridiculously hard with its high-powered attacks. Although, if you despise losing Speed ties against max Speed Salamence and Jirachi as well as being outpaced by max Speed Hydreigon, a Timid nature is perfectly viable to consider. Expert Belt is also worthy of being used if you prefer longevity over power, especially considering the fact that Victini's moveset provides amazing type coverage. In terms of other attacking options, Grass Knot can be used to hit Gastrodon and specially defensive Hippowdon very hard, which can otherwise cause nuisances with their impressive bulk and instant recovery. It's also possible to use Victini's signature and stronger Fire-type attack in V-create over Blue Flare, allowing it to become a decent mixed attacker to obliterate Blissey, which otherwise walls this Victini. If V-create is used, be sure to use a defense-reducing nature of your choice rather than an Attack-reducing nature.</p>

<p>Because Victini is vulnerable to every entry hazard, it's strongly recommended to provide Rapid Spin support to remedy this. Tentacruel and Forretress are both great options to consider, (AC) as they are some two of the most reliable spinners in OU and offer great support with their own entry hazards. Ferrothorn is another potent entry hazard user that Victini greatly appreciates, as it can secure certain KOs against the likes of Latias, Jellicent, and Hippowdon. It is worth noting that Tentacruel and Ferrothorn form the sturdy Fire/Water/Grass Fire / Water / Grass core with Victini, meaning their typings pair well with each other offering great synergy with each other. Due to this set working great as a wallbreaker, late-game sweepers that can clean up the weakened opposition are encouraged for use. Choice Scarf Terrakion, double dancer Thundurus-T, Swords Dance Lucario, and Alakazam are excellent candidates to consider. Lastly, Pokemon that can capitalize defeat on Blissey's presence is encouraged; (I was really trying to keep the professionalized, long worded writing style you have, but I just couldn't find another way to word it; capitalize just isn't the word to use in this sentence, as it is simply saying you are taking advantage of Blissey's presence, which doesn't fit with this following sentence.) Choice Band Tyranitar and Scizor are superb answers, as they can potentially get rid of it with Pursuit if you sense it switching out or Superpower should it stay in.</p>

2/2

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
Set Comments said:
with Victory Star, it reaches a reliable accuracy of 95%
Actually Victory Star multiplicative increases accuracy by 10%, which means that Blue Flare's accuracy becomes 93.5%.

Victini is often seen punching giant holes in the opposition using its absurdly powerful V-create, but this set takes advantage of Victini's formidable special movepool that fulfills a prominent wallbreaking role, unlike its physical counterparts.
Is this sentence implying that physical Victini is not a good wallbreaker?

Finally, i would like you to mention why KO is usually better than EB, by mentioning some of the Pokemon that i did. Then say that if those Pokemon are not issues then Expert Belt is perfectly viable. Sorry for doing this after two GP checks but only a few hours passed since this got its 2nd QC approval...

Oh and please explain why Scarf Terrakion, Double Dance Thund-T, etc are excellent partners for this set. You and i may get this but not all players do.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
Fuzznip you still didn't explain why Scarf Terrakion, Thund-T, SD Lucario, and Alakazam appreciate Victini's services. Just mention how it lures and weakens or KOes Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Jellicent, and Latias. After all, luring Pokemon that would check the physical set pretty well is one of the main reasons to use this set.

And i still don't like this sentence:
Victini is often seen punching giant holes in the opposition using its absurdly powerful V-create, but this set takes advantage of Victini's formidable special movepool that fulfills a prominent wallbreaking and sweeping role, unlike its physical hit-and-run style counterparts.
First of all, while you do mention that this set uses Victini's Special Attack you don't explain what are the merits of this in practice. This means that special Victini is not so easy to force out and play around due to no stat drops and makes for a good lure for Pokemon that would want to switch into physical Victini, such as Hippowdon, Garchomp, and Jellicent. As a nice bonus, you have two strong attacks with 30% chances of different status, making this set even more annoying to face. This is what i want to see mentioned from the moment you start explaining this set's differences between the physical one, because that's the main reason to use special Victini. Also, remove the part about sweeping as Victini ain't doing this anytime soon. Even if it KOes a Pokemon against defensive teams, they will still force it out with their Scarfer and obviously more offensive teams have a ton of Pokemon to outspeed you.

I just included Scarf Terrakion, Thundurus-T, etc as examples of good late-game sweepers that take advantage of Victini weakening the opposition. I added the fact that Victini deters Jellicent/Latias/Hippowdon to make this more clear. I also expanded upon the intro paragraph.

@alexwolf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)