Vivillon Collection

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's really cool ium. BUT. It's kinda disappointing that it's pretty easy to be able to organise that in such a quick time, like idk it takes the rareness out of it. Collecting used to be fun and exciting and now I dunno it's not as special??

So it seems that the previously unreleased Pokeball pattern Vivillon is going to be distributed in France... let's hope the rest of the world gets it too.

I am recently starting to collect vivillons myself. Thankfully I got a few friends who spend a lot of time breeding. I am willing to trade great competitive pokes for the rarer forms of vivillon as long as they are iv bred for competitive use. When I get the chance I will be trading various vivillon forms as well that are bred for competitive use if anyone is interested.

Also I have completed my pokedex and achieved the goal of getting one ofall 718 pokemon stored in my Pokebank if anyone needs help completing their dex. I am currently working on getting all released hidden abilities at this time. I will be willing to trade these as well for vivillon forms if anyone is interested.

I just started collecting Vivillon yesterday and already have 16. On the GTS look for them level 21 to 30 and the trades are so much more reasonable than just asking for legendaries. I need Sandstorm and Archipelago.

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fancy and Pokeball pattern Vivillon have been announced in two separate upcoming events. I strongly suggest you all to get females if you can, because if history is any indicator, the patterns may be breedable in future generations of games where the mother passes down the pattern. Examples include Shellos and Deerling, where the female passes down the form when the original indicators of pattern no longer exist (east/west Sinnoh, seasons), or even Flabebe and Pumpkaboo.

"It has been revealed that the next special form of Vivillon has been announced. This form, the Fancy Pattern, is to be distributed when over 100 million Pokémon have been traded on the GTS and is to tie in with the fact that Vivillon is the most traded Pokémon." ~ Serebii

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Somebody on GTS was feeling really generous! I offered up a bagon spitback asking for a vivillon, and I got a SHINY OCEAN PATTERN vivillon. It's soo pretty! :D I'm going to get an ability capsule for it, though, to change shield dust to compound eyes.

EDIT: Just checked my GTS (offered a gale wings fletchling spitback) and got shiny monsoon pattern! :D

EDIT2: ...Are these hacked??? :/ Why would people be trading them otherwise?

Last edited:
Somebody on GTS was feeling really generous! I offered up a bagon spitback asking for a vivillon, and I got a SHINY OCEAN PATTERN vivillon. It's soo pretty! :D I'm going to get an ability capsule for it, though, to change shield dust to compound eyes.

EDIT: Just checked my GTS (offered a gale wings fletchling spitback) and got shiny monsoon pattern! :D

EDIT2: ...Are these hacked??? :/ Why would people be trading them otherwise?
I think you're just lucky, but if you think your Vivillon was made shiny with Power-Save, go on the Pokemon Global Link and find the OT/ID of the Vivillon trainers. Then compare them with your Vivillon and if the OT is the same, but the ID is different, then the Vivillon is hacked. If the OT and ID is the same, then your Vivillon is legitimate. If you're wondering why you have to do this, that's because to make a Pokemon shiny with Power-Save, the Power-Save changes the ID to match the OT's shiny value.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I think you're just lucky, but if you think your Vivillon was made shiny with Power-Save, go on the Pokemon Global Link and find the OT/ID of the Vivillon trainers. Then compare them with your Vivillon and if the OT is the same, but the ID is different, then the Vivillon is hacked. If the OT and ID is the same, then your Vivillon is legitimate. If you're wondering why you have to do this, that's because to make a Pokemon shiny with Power-Save, the Power-Save changes the ID to match the OT's shiny value.
I think the ocean pattern vivillon is a hack. I couldn't find the OT (how do you do that on global link?), but I did get a look at the trader's previous GTS trades on global link. Trader name Stephen from New Jersey, card info G-171-1652-R, has traded 2 level 84 yveltals in DREAM BALLS to other people in GTS. -.- That's not legit, right?

The monsoon was traded to me by Tadeo card info E-077-9698-E from Nuevo León in Mexico, and his GTS information is private, so I can't check.

The OT of the Ocean pattern is tPurple, ID No. 56019. I got it at level 12, modest, shield dust, it was originally hatched as an egg on Route 7. This one says it was from a Day-Care Couple. Egg received and hatched on 3/25/2014. No ribbons.

The OT of the Monsoon pattern is Lucille, ID No. 45532. It got it at level 53 with pokerus, it's marked in circle, square, heart, star, and diamond (I'm assuming its a 5IV competitive quality, but I haven't checked). Nature timid, compound eyes, egg obtained and hatched 2/12/2014 at Parfum Palace. This one says it was from a Link Trade. No ribbons.

Posting some screen shots as well. Any help verifying these guys is appreciated.

Attachments

EnGarde Monsoon looked like it was a SV hatch and the owner decided to give it away. The Ocean is probably hacked if the original trader is trading Yveltal in illegal Poke Balls. Oh, and OT means original trainer.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
EnGarde Monsoon looked like it was a SV hatch and the owner decided to give it away. The Ocean is probably hacked if the original trader is trading Yveltal in illegal Poke Balls. Oh, and OT means original trainer.
Thanks for the clarification. Is it possible to look up a trainer based on their OT / ID on the global link?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)