Pokémon Volcanion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like Entei, Kyogre and Heatran had a sloppy three-way and Heatran got pregnant and aborted the fetus, which survived and grew into this sickening abomination. Stealth Rock weakness and average special defense hold this guy back, and his inclination towards special attacks make him walled by Goodra. That said, he looks pretty cool stat-wise and has really interesting STAB. He'll be one to look out for, especially with his water-type sacred fire.

<implying there are as many gastrodons in uber as in ou
Don't know where you're getting that sarcasm from, Gastro was a somewhat common Ogre check in Gen 5 Ubers, and it still sees a similar amount of usage in Gen VI. If anything, Gastro's more common in Ubers.

Its like Entei, Kyogre and Heatran had a sloppy three-way and Heatran got pregnant and aborted the fetus, which survived and grew into this sickening abomination. Stealth Rock weakness and average special defense hold this guy back, and his inclination towards special attacks make him walled by Goodra. That said, he looks pretty cool stat-wise and has really interesting STAB. He'll be one to look out for, especially with his water-type sacred fire.
That imagery... I don't even...

actually the stats on showdown actually give him much better special bulk than the stats in the op

upload_2014-3-5_17-39-37.png

Well, which stats are the real ones now? Does it have equally great offenses or better special attack and far better overall bulk? I would prefer the second one.

Oh shit, that is better. Well then his only glaring weaknesses are stealth rock, shitty earthquakes everywhere and Goodra, though that HP is far from and impressive.

And god damn is he hideous.

EDIT: It looks like a Gigalith in clown paint.
That is better, and I can live with clown gigaliths if they have pretty impressive bulk on both sides of the spectrum.

If Showdown's stats are correct, then it looks like Heatran actually might have competition for a defensive fire type. The stats are still good enough for mixed attacking, but now there won't be a blinding hole on one side of its wall.

we can't garentee that those are his base stats, look at zygarde in very early xy where they thought he had 130/130/130 defenses

I feel like Steam Eruption is just a boosted Scald. Dont get me wrong 110 bse possible 50% chance to burn but idk (although its almost the same with Hoopa having a less powerful Phantom Force via Hyperspace)

actually the stats on showdown actually give him much better special bulk than the stats in the op

View attachment 10169
Those 11 point in attack can make a pretty big difference for its mixed attacking set.

252 Atk Life Orb Gigalith-V Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 298-352 (42.3 - 50%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after hail damage (109)
252 Atk Life Orb Gigalith-V Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 320-376 (45.4 - 53.4%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after hail damage (120)

There might be other significant differences, but 109 vs 120 base attack is the difference between 2HKOing Chansey and being walled by it. Perhaps not the most important thing to beat, but it's still something to keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)