move 2: Ice Shard
move 3: Low Kick
move 4: Night Slash / Ice Punch / Punishment
item: Choice Band / Life Orb
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Extrememly Strong and fast
  • Pursuit allows Weavile to come in against some of UU's most common spinblockers (such as Mismagius) and wipe them out no matter what they do
  • Ice Shard allows Weavile to massacre opposing Grass- or Flying-types such as Staraptor, Altaria, and Celebi
  • Low Kick provides optimal coverage with the set's first two moves, dealing heavy damage to walls such as Registeel
  • Night Slash provides better coverage on common defensive Pokemon such as Deoxys-D, but Ice Punch has 5 more BP
  • Punishment destroys common boosters such as Suicune as well as Baton Pass chains

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • 216 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature allows Weavile to outspeed Max+ Base 120 speeders
  • 252 Attacks EVs give maximum punch to its attacks
  • The remaining 40 EVs go in HP to help Weavile take attacks such as Houndoom's Sucker Punch
  • Choice Band gives Weavile the most overall power and doesn't wear it down nearly as fast, but Life Orb lets it switch moves
  • As Weavile is weak to Stealth Rock, a Rapid Spinner such as Donphan or Hitmontop is recommended
  • As Hitmontop troubles Weavile a lot with Intimidate, Fake Out and Mach Punch, Pokemon that can get rid of it such as Wobbuffet are great teammates
  • As Weavile gets locked into certain moves with a Choice Band, it is quite easy to force out once it uses a move and gets locked in

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Ice Shard / Ice Punch
move 3: Night Slash
move 4: Low Kick
item: Life Orb
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Weavile's high Attack gets boosted even further with a Swords Dance, as things such as Staraptor and Flygon will switch out of it making it easy to set up
  • Swords Dance boosts Weavile's Attack very high, bla bla bla
  • Ice Shard is useful for hitting Scarf staraptor and Flygon, but Ice Punch is stronger
  • Night Slash is strong STAB for eating defensive Psychic-types such as Mew and Deo-D
  • Low Kick gives nearly unresisted coverage and takes out Pokemon such as Registeel handily

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Same EV spread as the first set, outspeeds 120 Max+ base Speed and hits hardd
  • Life Orb is preferred for the consistent power boost plus Weavile doesn't live long anyway, but Expert Belt lets it hit certain walls such as Registeel and Deo-D harder
  • Again, Spinners such as Donphan/Hitmontop are good teammates, as is Wobbuffet for killing off Hitmontop

[Other Options]
  • Punishment to kill off boosters, but Night Slash is more consistent
  • Taunt to piss off Chansey
  • Fake Out to break Focus Sashes, but Weavile wants its coverage back
  • Counter+Focus Sash with a Spinner to troll things that think they can OHKO Weavile such as Hitmontop
  • SubPunch for better Fighting attack, but Weavile wants its lost health back

[Checks and Counters]
  • Hitmontop can knock off a lot of Weavile's health with Fake Out and kill it with Mach Punch, or cripple it with Intimidate
  • Escavalier can take any attack bar a heavily boosted Low Kick and kill Weavile with any attack
  • Unaware Quagsire doesn't take much from any attack and can Curse in Weavile's face or just hit it with Waterfall
  • Basically anything that can outspeed Weavile can damage it heavily
  • Entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ice shard should go infront of ice punch on the sd set. having a way to kill other priority users, scarfers, as well as just faster mons(jolteon) is much more useful when your dark stab hits most things hard. also

Weavile@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2) Low Kick vs Chansey@Evolution Stone (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 60.2 ~ 71% (424 ~ 500 HP)

chansey does not wall weavile well and assuming you have given it passive damage, chansey will die to sd weavile.

personally i think in UU, sd weavile is much better than choice band, and i use him on practically every ou and uu team i have, but this is for QC to decide

ice shard should go infront of ice punch on the sd set. having a way to kill other priority users, scarfers, as well as just faster mons(jolteon) is much more useful when your dark stab hits most things hard. also

Weavile@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2) Low Kick vs Chansey@Evolution Stone (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 60.2 ~ 71% (424 ~ 500 HP)

chansey does not wall weavile well and assuming you have given it passive damage, chansey will die to sd weavile.

personally i think in UU, sd weavile is much better than choice band, and i use him on practically every ou and uu team i have, but this is for QC to decide

Errrr...Ice Shard was already first.

I'll fix Chansey.

X-Scissor deserves a slash alongside Low Kick, or at least. AC mention, at least for hitting Grass-types like Shaymin hard, while at the same time Ice / Bug is a pretty good coverage combination. Hitting Celebi harder is also a plus, especially when its running rampant along with other Psychic-types.

Unaware Quagsire is a decent check to Weavile, as at the most it's 3HKOed by Ice Punch while it can use Curse and Recover or just smash it with Waterfall.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In a tier where Weavile is actually common, I think it would be a good idea to ditch the 40 HP EVs so that you don't lose the Speed tie.

@NatGeo: Uhhhhh no. No coverage on Steel-types? No sir. Quag fucks Weavile though, adding.

@SJCrew: I'll chuck it in OO but I think it's an SR number. Can anybody help me with a spread here?

Yeah I agree with SJCrew, max speed is best on Weavile. You dont beat/tie anything other than other Weavile and Swellow, but speed tieing with other Weavile is much more important than 10 hp. Swellow also does a fair bit with guts quick attack which will hurt with SR some LO recoil. I'd also remove the Expert Belt slash, but if other QC members want it in I'll defer to them.

QC Approved 1/3

Ok changed the EVs

Expert Belt is cool because there are 9000 Physics in UU but if another QC members says no then away it goes

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Max the speed on physical attacker too. Punishment may be a good option over Night Slash on the Physical Attacker set to beat stuff like Suicune and pwn Baton Pass chains.

QC Approved (3/3)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)