***Wet Girls Inside***

This is a Rain Dance team full of female Pokemon and Zapdos, hence the title.
I had a sudden urge to make a Rain Dance team after being swept by a Mixed Kingdra in the rain. So here it is:

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 136 SpA / 36 Spd
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- U-Turn
- Roost

My own Zapdos set. The yellow bird starts up the rain and kills/paralyze things with Thunder (which has 100% accuracy in the rain). Roost because it is bulky enough to survive to recover off the damage. U-Turn allows me switch in one of my sweepers after I set up Rain Dance to begin 7 turns of destruction. Thunder dents almost every single lead in the game except for Hippowdon.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

This thing has swept teams in the rain. Mixed Kingdra is only stopped by Shedinjas and Empoleon making this set devastating. Dragon/Water hits everything for at least neutral except the two already metioned.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed

It's really funny when this guy takes out half of the opponent's team. Surf is his strongest move here. I decided to use Grass Knot over Energy Ball since Grass Knot is only more effective on Vaporeon which my team can handle easily. Leech Seed beats Special Walls like Blissey.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 176 HP / 100 Atk / 176 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Pursuit
- Roost

Needed something to kill Tyranitar and Abomasnow which can ruin my rain and Scizor is great and doing the job. Plus it kills psychics/ghosts relatively easy with Pursuit. U-Turn helps me scout as this Scizor has average speed. Roost over Swords Dance since this Scizor isn't suppose to sweep.

Swampert @ Damp Rock
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Hidden Power Electric

Well since everyone't telling me to have a support Swampert here it is. Trying Hidden Power Electric over Stone Edge for now. Seriously I liked CB Swampert lol. I've tried this out and it has never used Stealth Rock. I've never gotten the chance to use it because Kingdra already swept the team and even if it does use Stealth Rock its like when there's only 2/3 Pokemon left on the opponent's team.

Qwilfish @ Damp Rock
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Explosion
Replaced Toxicroak with this bitch. A quick Explosion is all I need to wipe out some threats in my team. Thinking of replacing Damp Rock with Focus Sash but since Stealth Rock is present in almost every battle, it makes it totally useless. Also absorbs Toxic Spikes.

Threats to Rain Dance teams:

Tyranitar:
Scizor can switch in and Bullet Punch. A more mixed set is countered by Swampert.

Abomasnow: Scizor can switch in and Bullet Punch.

Hippowdon: Any of pokemon on the team with a Water attack can kill it.

Blissey:
Swampert can switch into Thunder Wave and scare it off with strong physical moves. All my Pokemon can deal with Blissey fairly well (except for Zapdos).

Vaporeon:
Ludicolo is a great counter. Leech Seed with Grass Knot can take it down easily, but Toxic is gay. Zapdos can also come in and Thunder.

Celebi: U-Turn from Scizor does a lot. Toxicroak can come in if it lacks Psychic and X-Scissor.

Tentacruel: Toxicroak can absorb Toxic Spikes and attack with Stone Edge, while Tentacruel can only Ice Beam if it even has it. Kingdra can Outrage.

Empoleon: Ludicolo is the main counter. If Empoleon attacks, Ludicolo will take almost no damage (except for Drill Peck) and hit it with Grass Knot. Focus Punch with destroy those that don't attack.

Lapras:
Toxicroak can Brick Break for SE damage and my other Pokemon do fairly well against it as well.

Poliwrath:
It won't survive a Dragon attack from Kingdra no doubt.

Quagsire: Grass Knot from Ludicolo OHKOs and it can't do anything back.

Toxicroak: Swampert OHKOs with Earthquake.

Golduck: Cloud Nine can be annoying but it'll die quick Ludicolo's Grass Knot.

Mantine:
Stone Edge from either Swampert/Toxicroak will end it quick.

Shedinja:
Scizor can switch in and Pursuit.

I think you meant "less effective on Vaporeon".

I quite like the team, just a few points.

I wouldn't reccommend that Scizor, it needs Swords to be truly threatening. Even if you don't use it much, it's worth having. Since you don't have any fast Physical sweepers you'll need Scizor's SD Bullet Punch rape.

If you can get Toxicroak to work then go for it, but I find him pretty poor in OU. He has several common counters and there are much better options. I understand you're trying to get the most out of its ability, but in doing so you're making 4 (5 if you count Swampert) of your Pokemon rely on the rain. That's the point of Rain teams of course, but with only two Rain Dancers it might be a little tricky. I'd replace him with a nice fast Physical sweeper, such as Salamence or Lucario, or even Flygon. You could keep your Scizor set that way, as well.

I'd reccommend putting Rain Dance on Mixdra somewhere, although it's up to you where.

I need Roost because that Scizor is meant to be bulky. In the rain, scizor only takes x2 damage from fire. All of its attacks have Pokemon they are designed to destroy. But the main reason it has Roost over Swords Dance is that it is suppose to resist things and Roost off Life Orb recoil.

I need Roost because that Scizor is meant to be bulky. In the rain, scizor only takes x2 damage from fire. All of its attacks have Pokemon they are designed to destroy. But the main reason it has Roost over Swords Dance is that it is suppose to resist things and Roost off Life Orb recoil.
Yes, which makes almost all of your team rely on the rain which is why I still reccommend another Rain Dancer, and get rid of Toxicroak. If you find he works then go for it, I just think there are much better options.

You mentioned changing Swampert's moveset, which I think is a good idea. Rain teams usually need Stealth Rock to secure some important KOs and Swampert is bulky enough to set up Rain Dance. This is a custom set thrown up by me, but you could try:

Swampert@Damp Rock
Relaxed/Torrent
EVs: 252 HP4 Atk/252 Def/
~Stealth Rock
~Rain Dance
~Waterfall
~Earthquake/Avalanche

I'd choose Avalanche over EQ because DDMence almost sweeps your team if it runs 299 Speed, the only thing that can stop it being Ludicolo in the rain (and he can't switch in directly). Swampert can live a boosted Outrage and retalliate with a powerful Avalanche. Waterfall takes advantage of the rain but you could use EQ there. Replace Damp Rock with Lefties if you like.

Ya know zapdos as a lead isn't half bad. The fact that it has u-turn makes it do pretty well against azelves.

I wouldn't be so fast to write off vaporeon as being "handled" by your team. With 252 def and bold, the only physical attacks that will be hurting it are choice banded earthquakes and outrages. Zapdos can hit it, yes, but a thunder in the rain is pretty easy to predict. For this reason I would recommend leech seed on ludicolo... for blissey and vappy. I've never understood the use of focus punch to beat blissey when you have access to leech seed and a CB swampert on your team.

Also, I would ditch toxicroak, as you have the stuff it resists pretty well covered in the first place. Its poison typing is nice for absorbing those spikes, so maybe stick qwilfish in there with explosion. It's a good way to kill counters of your REAL sweepers-- kingdra and ludi. Losing brick break sucks, so stick it on scizor.

Other than that, nice team with some good ideas. Just go through each member and ask yourself, "Are there any pokemon that do this job better?"

Your EV spread on Zapdos isn't making the best use of EVs. With your spread you get:

376 HP/226 Def/349 SpAtt

With Modest 252HP/84Def/136SpAtt/36Speed you'd get:

384HP/227Def/352SpAtt and the same speed.

Ok no more Toxicroak, changed him for Qwilfish.

Haven't tried my team with Qwilfish though but he just looks like a weaker Toxicroak. Mainly focusing on how well it can work a quick Explosion.

Also added Leech Seed on Ludicolo and changed Zapdos's EVs + nature.

Hmm...pretty well built team but you might want to replace your Ludicolo's Leech Seed with Focus Punch and use this spread:60Atk/252 SpA/196 Spe. Max SpA is obvious, 196 speed is for Salamence, allowing you to out speed and 1HKO with Ice Beam even after one Dragon Dance. 60 Atk EV's increases Focus Punch's power and guarantees a 2HKO Blissey(I think).

Replace Qwilfish's Damp Rock with a Life Orb because the extra power is better since Qwilfish is better of ripping teams apart rather than setting up a downpour with it's mediocre defense. To keep constant rain, change Scizor into a support Pokemon. Give it a Damp Rock, with 252HP/252 Atk/6 Spe Adamant nature. For moves, he should have Rain Dance, Swords Dance, Bullet Punch and Brick Break. With this Spread, Scizor is capable of being a sturdy Rain Dancer and late-game sweeper.

Stealth Rocks are a must on offensive Rain Dance teams, Choice Band destroys your rain as it causes a lot of switches. better of changing your Swampert into a support poke. Having SR up early in the game is even better, maybe try using your support Swampert as the lead or use Azelf. The Azelf I used on my Rain Dance team had a 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Spe Jolly spread. With Rain Dance, Stealth Rocks, U-Turn and Explosion, holding a Damp Rock.

Overall, a pretty solid team, hope I helped!:toast:

I don't understand why people don't run SD Ludicolo on these types of teams. He handles bulky waters better than special(specifically Vappy), and after a SD can OHKO Blissey, doing 114% minimum, to the standard Calm 0 HP / 252 Def.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Seed Bomb
-Ice Punch

I think you will find this set amazing. A SD Waterfall in the rain will OHKO any bulky ground, and Seed Bomb will cover you against waters, OHKOing any notable ones, except Gyarados, whom it 2HKOs and he can't do shit back. Ice Punch rounds out the set, taking down dragons like Salamence and Flygon. I remember using this set when he didn't have Seed Bomb, and even then it was devastating.

Scizor switching in and Bullet Punching doesn't stop the weather Pokemon from doing their work. Plus, they can just switch out. Maybe a Dugtrio would help to trap them?

You really need Stealth Rock somewhere - there's really no reason to ever have a team without it, it's just that good. I would maybe ditch Ice Punch on Swampert and replace it with SR. Between double STAB Waterfall and Stone Edge, you aren't really missing out on anything important except like Celebi, who outspeeds you anyway and can just Reflect/Recover/Grass Knot.

Also Energy Ball really is much better on Ludicolo specifically for Vaporeon, who your team actually does NOT like all that much, especially when it's going to be throwing around double STAB Surfs meaning Zapdos, Scizor and Swampert can't really switch in. Kingdra is your best bet, but I wouldn't want to risk getting Toxic'ed, not to mention Vap can stall your Outrage with Protect. Energy Ball is a quick way to get rid of him, and with STAB it should be hitting bulky waters hard enough.

Changed a lot of sets.

Right now, Swampert has a support set with Stealth Rock and Rain Dance. I've been using it so far and I like how it can set up Rain Dance again but Stealth Rock isn't that much needed. That's because I only bring out Swampert after Kingdra / Ludicolo has swept like half of the opponent's team. I also don't want to use it as a lead because I love Zapdos as my lead.

And btw, Dugtrio will never replace Scizor to counter Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Abomasnow because it will die when it switches it (most of the time).

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I really like this team, it looks pretty fun to try. I might give it a run myself.

Just obviously be cautious of the Zapdos's.

I have seen RD teams being very effective lately and I see this team to be no differnt.

Nice job, very solid team.

I like how you use Swampert as a defensive Rain Dance wall, as Salamence and Gyarados usually rape Rain Dance teams without Rain Dance needed.

I really don't have much to add so nice team.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's very little I can help you with here acinod. You've already had lots of really good suggestions. If there is anything I could say, however, I would suggest you replace Leech Seed on Ludicolo with Rain Dance, as it easily bulky enough to set it up (especially if you change the spread to 60HP/252SpA/196Spe). Qwilfish, on the other hand, really isn't, and that Damp Rock on it is very optimistic lol. I think Qwilfish would be much better off with a Life Orb instead of that Damp Rock. If you are then feeling as if you're short of rain, then you can replace Pursuit on Scizor with Rain Dance.

LR.

Consider Dragon Dance on Kingdra over Outrage, since getting locked into Outrage isn't really a good thing, might lead to a steel killing just about the best rain mixed sweeper there is, try not to use it too much though, since Bulky Waters tend to switch in on Rain Teams, and normally you're much better off whacking with Hydro Pump since it plus Draco Meteor pretty much ensures every bulky water without spdef investment or is not named vaporeon will die.

Rain Dance or Focus Punch on Ludicolo over Leech Seed, Focus Punch if you're cool on prediction, since Focus Punch+ Rain Surf equals no Blissey, but Rain Dance is good too since Ludi is a pretty bulky pineapple (i forgot who said that), and he can help with RD support. Scizor can help too, like LR said, you can replace pursuit with RD, and if you do add RD on one of the pokes, perhaps change Qwilfish's set?

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Moves:
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Explosion

tbh, qwilfish isn't really made to setup rain at all without focus sash, but that is kinda ruined by SR, so you're much better off letting the bulkier ones setup rain, and let Qwilfish do a sweeping set instead. Jolly in rain outspeeds a lot of things, like really a lot, you hit 590 speed which is something some scarfers can only dream about, plus it doesnt have much bulk so why put those EVs in HP when you can just max it out. SD Waterfall hits hard in rain with max attack LO rain boost and STAB, while SD explosion pretty much guarantees a free kill, though don't be so quick to explode when you're low on health, Rotoms tend to come in then and let qwilfish die for nothing

hope i helped.

I belive this team has a little mix ape weak once ludicolo andk ingdra are under 75% (which will happen with some stealth rocks switch ins), so i believe you shoukld replace quilfish for vaporeon, as vaporeon not only counters infernape but it can also set up rain dance and it does a pretty good job at wishing your kingdra health as it will lose a lot since it has life orb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)