What do you actually think of Smogoff?

I have been wondering recently what the Congregation of the Masses (Hereafter referred to as Cong) community thinks of it's sibling, Smogoff. Having spent a decent amount of time in the smogon community, it seemed to be the right time to finally see what Cong does actually think of Smogoff! I'll have 4 main questions for whoever wants to answer.
1. How much time do you spend reading/interacting with both Cong and Smogoff threads?
2. What made you gravitate towards Cong as opposed to Smogoff?
3. What are your general thoughts on Smogoff?
4. What do you percieve the difference to be? After all, they both have practically the same description (shown below).
1688421814555.png

1688421782636.png

No need to answer all the questions if you don't have an answer/don't want to answer one of them, but in the end I hope to get at least some interesting information about the general thought process of the community in regards to both itself and it's counterpart, Smogoff (and perhaps a little bit about the Smogoff community should it apply). I'm generally a fan of Smogoff, with it being about 60/40 in the favor of having good threads, but only a small fraction of those threads actually last over a month whereas Cong has much more lengthy discussions that can lead to more well thought out conclusions to whatever its topic may be. Definitely cool to see things like that happen.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
idk fs tbf

but i think cong is more serious talk about random stuff like sports, anime, working out, politics and i think smogoff is more random topics that don't fit any of those molds + memeing

1. How much time do you spend reading/interacting with both Cong and Smogoff threads?
Too much.
2. What made you gravitate towards Cong as opposed to Smogoff?
I dunno, brain damage probably?
3. What are your general thoughts on Smogoff?
Delete it and permaban all smogoffers. No exceptions.
4. What do you percieve the difference to be? After all, they both have practically the same description (shown below).
Cong is where you go when you have a room temperature IQ, Smogoff is where you go when you have a shoe size IQ.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Smogoff sounds like a variant of Koffing’s “real” name, similar to something like Wiglett or Toedscool. The actual experience feels like a time traveler keeps tripping down a flight of stairs and tries to laugh off the embarrassment every single time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)