SPOILERS! "What Isn't A Pokemon Yet" Repository (+ Type Combinations & Super Forms)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
UPDATE:
Due to the lists being updated along with new Pokemon Sun & Moon news it has been decided to add extra steps so those who don't want to accidentally spoil themselves of new Pokemon don't by noticing animals/objects/concepts/myths are missing from the list. The lists are still there, they've now just been nested in two spoiler tags. Once Sun & Moon has been out for a month I'll remove the extra steps. Thank you and sorry for any confusion this may cause.

Sun & Moon spoilers ahead!
Tortunator, Fire/Dragon type with the ability Shell Armor.
13880184_1078773972208889_3141300427913847024_n.jpg

Tortunator is a Mata-Mata, right? Its snout, tail, and carapace matches the ones of a Mata-Mata.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
LIST UPDATE:
"Coconut Crab" has been removed from "Marine-Crustacean".
2. The type combination Ground/Ghost has been removed from the "Only Done By One Family" list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

It's been a tiny while since Alolan Rattata's reveal. Please move Dark/Normal to the "Only Done By One Family" list whenever it's most convenient n_n

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
LIST UPDATE:
"Real Wolf" removed from MAMMAL-Canine list.
2. "Lemur" removed from MAMMAL-Primate list.
3. "Werewolf" removed from MYTH/FOLKLORE/FAIRY TALE-Common list.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Typhlosion is based off of a honey badger.

Also the Arctodus, or Short Faced Bear has never been a Pokémon.
Well let's see what Bulbapedia says... well would you look at that.

LIST UPDATE:
"Honey Badger" removed from "MAMMAL" list.

As for Arctodus, well the only special thing about it would have been it being extinct thus a Fossil Pokemon, and we already have a bear on that list.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
The combination of Fighting & Dragon has been removed from the "Not Done Yet" list and added to the "Done Only By One Family" list.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
With Sun & Moon having been out for a little while I think it's time for one final sweep through the list for any removals/changes that the new generation of Pokemon have brought:

REMOVALS:
Marine:

Crustacean: Kiwa (Yeti Crab)
Jellyfish/Tunicate: Moon Jellyfish
Bug:
Insect: Silverfish
Arachnid: Diving Bell Spider
Mammal: Red Panda
Feline: Tabby Cat
Bat: Spectral Bat
Primate: Sifaka
Bird: Toucan, Barn Owl
Reptile/Amphibian: Desert Grassland Whiptail
Plant/Fungus: Bamboo
Objects: Land Mine, (Aluminum) Christmas Tree, Origami, Black hole, Surfboard, Oil
Toy: Paper Doll
Concepts: Chibi/Moe, Bedsheet Ghost
Myth/Folklore/Fairy Tales:
Americas: Nightmarchers
Greek/Roman: Siren
Japanese: Kaguya-hime
Chinese: Pig Dragon
Common: Mermaid

CHANGES:
"Sport Player/Athlete (various sports)" now lists several sports: Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, (American) Football, Golf, Tennis/Cricket, Hockey, Polo/Lacrosse, Volleyball, Curling, Dodgeball, Mesoamerican ballgame/Ulama, Paintball, Ice Skating, Skiing/Skating/Snowboarding, Bowling, Frisbee, Bobsleigh/Luge, Archery, Fencing.
2. Porcupine, Mosquito, & Cockroach have "Real" before them.
Moved To "Done Only By One Family":
Fighting/Ice
Rock/Poison
Fighting/Ghost

Removals:
Fire/Dark
Water/Fairy
Bug/Water
Dragon/Fire
Bug/Fighting
Steel/Flying
Grass/Steel
Dragon/Dark

I'm going to keep the lists in spoilers for now, at least through January.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Whoops, been meaning to add some conversation topics now that I think we're done with cleaning the list of Gen VII Pokemon basis:

1. What were you glad to see made into a Pokemon?
We finally got a wolf-wolf (plus a werewolf), koala, woodpecker & toucan (though I wanted them to be separate), clydesdale, diving bell spider, and lemur (sorta, Passimian is more of a sifaka). I also like they did a Coconut & Yeti Crab, mata mata turtle, and desert grassland whiptail; not only showing Pokemon's versatility but proving that I was right about listing specific species.

2. So what were you surprised was made into a Pokemon?
I was not expecting (Aluminum) Christmas Tree and Origami/Paper Doll, but that's Ultra Beasts for you. Chibi/Moe (Steenee) and Bedsheet Ghost (Mimickyu) was surprising but I like them both so no problem there. Kaguya-hime, while not a surprise they did one as its I think a popular myth in Japan, I was surprised how they did it (but once again, Ultra Beast).

3. What did you wish was made into a Pokemon?
So many choices, but I'm going to stick it to one/two: Dolphin/Porpoise. NO TAPU FINI DOESN'T COUNT; besides its shell is based on a fish.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I still hope and pray for my dolphin. Lanturn, Kyogre and Tapu Fini are not dolphins, people.
Er, Kyogre isn't a bottlenose dolphin which is what people think they hear the world dolphin. Its design, however, is based on another type of dolphin: The Orca, aka the Killer Whale. Yes, Orca are part of the family that Dolphins are in, Delphinidae.

I'm also pining for a bottlenose dolphin, or anything else under the "Marine - Mammals" category; Tapu Fini being the leak's "dolphin" was my only disappointment in this generation. And these are not on the list, but I'd also like to see some animals from the place I live in, in particular the guanaco, mara, or the southern lapwing.

Er, Kyogre isn't a bottlenose dolphin which is what people think they hear the world dolphin. Its design, however, is based on another type of dolphin: The Orca, aka the Killer Whale. Yes, Orca are part of the family that Dolphins are in, Delphinidae.
Isn't Kyogre based on the Blue Dragon Sea Slug?
1355339061.jpg

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'm also pining for a bottlenose dolphin, or anything else under the "Marine - Mammals" category; Tapu Fini being the leak's "dolphin" was my only disappointment in this generation. And these are not on the list, but I'd also like to see some animals from the place I live in, in particular the guanaco, mara, or the southern lapwing.
Hmm, is there anything notable about them? I could point out a few animals on the list similar to them so unless they do something special I feel the animals similar to them would suffice.

Isn't Kyogre based on the Blue Dragon Sea Slug?View attachment 75889
No, I think that's coincidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)