What kind of cellphone do you use?

Foggi

Banned deucer.
I got Samsung Galaxy S5, works pretty nice but i was thinking about switching it to iPhone 5, Everyone is telling me that android is way better than iOS tho so idk if i should change it atm.

I got Samsung Galaxy S5, works pretty nice but i was thinking about switching it to iPhone 5, Everyone is telling me that android is way better than iOS tho so idk if i should change it atm.
Don't change your phone. I believe an S5 would be better than an Iphone 5 and android is so much better than IOS. IOS is very simple to use however there are so many limitations with IOS. Android is I guess you can say a lot more free willed and more open ended. Trust me my parents bought me an Iphone 4s that I still have and I prefer my android tablets over that piece of crap. The Iphone is a good phone yes but keep what you have.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I agree. Customizing the home menus alone is good enough reason for me to continue using my android phone (galaxy 4s), not just that but the two buttons (options menu + the back button) at the bottom of the phone on each side with the home button in the middle are so fucking good and I can't believe iphones don't have something like that.

Maybe this thread is more relevant now that Pokémon Go is a thing?

Got myself an iPhone 5S a while ago. It's serving me pretty well.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I use a Samsung Galaxy S3. I never bothered with phones really and this one was cheap so my parents bought it so that I wasn't impossible to contact, but that came at the cost of my phone not being able to run the one app that I actively wanted it to run (Pokémon Go) and I cba to use the .apk for it. As such I p. much never use it outside of data access on the bus and using it as... well, a phone.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I used to be an android user, but I don't know if it was me or what, but all my android phones didn't last more than a year. I had at least 3 if my memory doesn't fail me. I tried with an iPhone 5, and I've had it for 3 years now. It's still as new as day 1 (except that the home button sometimes falls off, but it's a recent problem). I miss the customization of android and all that shit, but I can't say I used it all that often anyway. Don't plan on changing any time soon unless someone wants to get me the 6 or the upcoming 7 ;)

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
At least it's way better than the regular 4.
you got that right. my past 3 (including the one i use now) have been the iphone 4 and let me tell you its absolute garbage. to ppl like me that are looking for a cheap iphone, youre better off paying an extra $50-$75 for a 4s or even a 5. hell my phone doesnt even support ios 8 so i cant even play pokemon go. it also has the shittiest camera for an iphone, and i cant run most things (besides basic shit like texting or a calculator) without it freezing or crashing. ;.;

you got that right. my past 3 (including the one i use now) have been the iphone 4 and let me tell you its absolute garbage. to ppl like me that are looking for a cheap iphone, youre better off paying an extra $50-$75 for a 4s or even a 5. hell my phone doesnt even support ios 8 so i cant even play pokemon go. it also has the shittiest camera for an iphone, and i cant run most things (besides basic shit like texting or a calculator) without it freezing or crashing. ;.;
When it comes down to iPhone, I suppose 5+ is required. My friend bought a fresh 4S just for Pokémon GO. She can install the game, but it's so laggy it's unplayable. It also crashes 99/100 times when encountering a Pokemon.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Droid Max

Got it because of battery life. Most good phones have the same features anyway so I figured I'd focus on one of the more practical aspects. I haven't had to buy a battery pack for Pokemon GO yet and have been able to hunt for ~4 hrs from full battery if it's not stupidly hot out (which it has been lately). I turn off the sound and AR mode too

Generally don't have to charge my phone until I get home at night even if I'm using it a decent amount during the day. I guess it would be easy enough to charge at work but just solid overall if charging is not an option

nexus 6

i shouldn't have gotten a big phone :(. if there's a new iphone SE this fall, i'm gonna switch to that. otherwise i'm gonna just go to an iphone 7 or something :p. i don't really use my phone for anything other than calling, texting, twitter, music, web, etc., so i don't really need the openness of android...

as for the nexus 6 itself, my only complaint with it is size. yeah big phones mean videos look nice and stuff, but after experiencing it, i gotta say i miss being able to use a phone with 1 hand :s. other than that, phone's still nice and fast whereas my iphone 5 was getting pretty slow when it was approaching 2 years old, the speakers are nice, battery life is perfect, and the screen is really nice. fast charging is also amazing.

nexus 6

i shouldn't have gotten a big phone :(. if there's a new iphone SE this fall, i'm gonna switch to that. otherwise i'm gonna just go to an iphone 7 or something :p. i don't really use my phone for anything other than calling, texting, twitter, music, web, etc., so i don't really need the openness of android...

as for the nexus 6 itself, my only complaint with it is size. yeah big phones mean videos look nice and stuff, but after experiencing it, i gotta say i miss being able to use a phone with 1 hand :s. other than that, phone's still nice and fast whereas my iphone 5 was getting pretty slow when it was approaching 2 years old, the speakers are nice, battery life is perfect, and the screen is really nice. fast charging is also amazing.
If you don't use your phone for anything other than calling, texting, music, web, etc... Why don't you just get a shitty $30 phone that can do the job?

recently went from iphone 4 to iphone se, i still prefer the smaller size (even though my hands arent small) and the se's battery life has yet to fail me, solid camera, and the data is so fast compared to my 4 so im pretty happy with it :toast:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Currently running the iphone 6s and love it for the most part, it runs smoothly and has respectable battery life. However, the lack of ability to run roms coupled with the fact that I've always wanted to try out the showdown app that's in development makes me want to try out an android at least

I had an iPhone 4S through junior high all the way to ending my first year of college(4 and a half years) until about 2 months ago when I got a 5S for my birthday.

Such an upgrade after sticking with a 4S for so long. Operates like a charm.

iphone 6s, i thought that it was the perfect size. SE is too small and 6+ too big, so yeah. nice phone, love ios

Reactions: hyw
I had an iPhone 4S through junior high all the way to ending my first year of college(4 and a half years) until about 2 months ago when I got a 5S for my birthday.

Such an upgrade after sticking with a 4S for so long. Operates like a charm.
At least you had a 4S and not a 4. That thing is absolute shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)