what words simply aren’t real?

For many years I didn't know the last T in Tarot was silent, like tarot cards.

I use outrovert instead of extrovert , real word but not as known.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_satiation

Semantic satiation is a psychological phenomenon in which repetition causes a word or phrase to temporarily lose meaning for the listener, who then perceives the speech as repeated meaningless sounds. Extended inspection or analysis (staring at the word or phrase for a lengthy period of time) in place of repetition also produces the same effect.
gamer. gamer. gamer. gamer. gamer...

hm...

what is 'gamer'?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Via some advanced techniques I have actually perfected the art of speaking words that do not actually exist. For example, ☐☐☐☐ and ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

Bushtush

Banned deucer.
Thank you for this. Tired of seeing the word "bussy" be thrown at me every day. I ain't got a bussy and bussy ain't a real word. Don't tell me to play with my bussy, don't say you're going to slap my bussy like a piece of salami. Call it what it is. Asshole.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's a word I've had a grudge against for a while

Floccinaucinihilipilification

You may be wondering what the fuck this disgusting salad of letters is supposed to mean, right? I'll copy and paste from wiktionary to show you exactly what it means!

Fat Wiktionary said:
  1. (often humorous) The act or habit of describing or regarding something as unimportant, of having no value or being worthless.
What the fuck, that's one word that's harder to spell than just describing something being worthless! In fact, the word floccinaucinihilipilification is in itself, worthless when its that's long! If floccinaucinihilipilification were a sentient being, I'd say "Fuck you, Floccinaucinihilipilification, your word is the very essence of floccinaucinihilipilification!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)