Project What's His Last? NU Edition [Week 27 | Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi posting this a tad bit early cuz going out tonight
Hingo takes this week with his Charizard submission, closely followed by Rapture. and Jarii who both have 7 votes for them!
unfixable was actually the one who posted the correct answer so you will get a special place in everyone's heart aswell
Praeda 's Flareon: 0 Votes
Oda 's Grumpig: 3 Votes
unfixable 's Lanturn: 2 Votes
mjdigit 's Carracosta: 0 Votes
Rapture. 's Articuno: 7 Votes
Jarii 's Skuntank: 7 Votes
Hingo 's Charizard: 10 Votes
FeeltheBern16 's Lapras: 0 Votes
Aurosis ' Regice: 1 Vote

week 5's team is provided by lovely GrandSlam winner user and respected NU player Bouff , thank you for that!

the team features two sweepers being Scarfed Sawk and Barbaracle, who gets easier set-up opportunities vs. most bulky ground-types because of the Shuca Berry. for team support is Piloswine which wittles most bulky pivots like Xatu or Mesprit with Icicle Crashes and sets up SR. it also provides Ice Shard priority which is really nice as the team is a bit weak to Sceptile otherwise. WispHex Rotom pressures walls like Lanturn, making Barbaracle and Sawk's job easier. Garbodor provides Spikes support aswell as a check to Sceptile and Sawk, something the team definitely needs.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Barbaracle @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- Shell Smash
- Return
- Earthquake

Rotom @ Spell Tag
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Posting stage will be live from Sunday through Friday! happy posting :)

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Sucker Punch

Shiftry seems like a pretty solid mon to complete this team. Team gets boned by Psychic and Water because it lacks any kind of resist and Shiftry pressures most psychic and water mons. I made this set mostly special because the team has a pretty solid physically offensive presence. Mushy just wins vs the team unless you complete tspike layers or manage to get in rotom before it gets too many cms. Anyways, shiftry helps vs that. Priority is helpful and leafstorm hits most things really hard. Extrasensory hits lots of shiftry's usual "switch-ins" like yama.

There it sits, shrouded in mystery and deceit. What could it be? Could they have cheated and brought an OU Pokémon to a NU match? Could they have brought the perfect counter to your sweeper or are they simply playing mind games with you and there is no 6th Pokémon. You will never know until the last moment of the match, when the outcome rests on the pivotal play, then the ominous text. “Norden withdrew Garbador. Norden sent out…” The tension is palatable; you can taste, feel and breathe the anxiety washing through your body. What is it? What is it, tell me you infernal device! Then the sprite animation starts, the spherical container opens up and out pops the last Pokémon on the team, the one that completes it, the one that fills in the gaps of the team. Now, for your consideration the final Pokémon to this team, Mesprit!

“I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.” ―Oscar Wilde,The Picture of Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray (Mesprit) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish​

This set adds several things to this team that are needed, first and foremost Mesprit adds some nice special offensive bulk to this team, which is dominated by physical threats. This role is only filled with Rotom on this team prior to the addition of Mesprit. This is in addition to Mesprit’s wide and varied move pool that allows it to handle Psychic, Dark, Fighting, Ground Grass and Flying threats that might be present to this team.

Second, it adds a very crucial psychic resist and a second ground immunity to the team. Mesprit also being stealth rocks neutral and spikes immune is also a very handy trait, since the team lacks any form of entry hazard removal.

Finally, Mesprit only adds additional Ghost and Dark weaknesses which can be handled by the various other offensive and defensive threats on the team.

All of these traits combined (ground immunity, psychic resists and Special Offensive prowess and coverage) make Mesprit a solid addition to this physically dominating offensive team.

Rapture

I got so much time today
Love people voting for my tutee over me

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
Mixed Sceptile makes a pretty exceptional last for Bouff's team. Leaf Storm and Focus Blast can wear down a lot of Pokemon that Barbaracle would rather have weakened in order to sweep like Ferroseed and Weezing. Being able to chunk most fighting resists also means it helps out scarf Sawk a ton. Rock Slide is important since it gives the team another way to pressure Charizard and other fire types that like to take advantage of a rotom spamming wisp. Sceptile also gives the team another check to water types which offensive teams like this certainly appreciate.

Hingo

Banned deucer.
Yeah...Sorry for stealing that spotlight

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Anyways off to figuring out this last spot and I decided to go with the return of Sleepy Pearl the Musharna! Okay, first of all, you need to see this monster haxed the fuck out of qsns in spl and become the MVP of Bouff's team for that week completely annihilating qsns' team. Anyways, the main reason I think Musharna would work here is because it can help check your psychic weakness. With its overall bulk and access to recovery (moonlight), Musharna can absorb hits and start to set up with calm mind, making this little puff ball a huge threat. I put psyshock as your main STAB move to help beat out other opposing special defensive mons and calm mind users, like Sligoo and mega Audino. Signal beam is used for a little surprise. It is used to help not only vs opposing psychic types, but vs ghost and dark as well such as skuntank, shiftry, and liepard.

Last edited:

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Cotton Spore

Mixed Cacturne fits really well on this team. Providing much needed priority for such an offensive team, whilst also being able to deal with water types and psychics to an extent by giving the team an immunity to both. Since you already have a spike stacker, I decided to bring some ultimate innovation with the mighty cotton spore. Cacturne sheer power is usually dealt with by generally faster pokemon, with cotton spore therefore helping to deal with this. It may also make it easier for Garb to set hazards, barbaracle to set up etc. as a sort of version of memento.

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Muddy Water
- Thunderbolt

Sliggoo is a really neat last mon for the squad simply due to it's role compression. The team is fairly weak to common attacking types like Fire, Water, and Grass, with shaky resists such as Barbaracle as the sole fire resist, Garbodor as the lone Grass resist (although Piloswine mitigates this to an extent due to Ice Shard) and having no Water resist at all. Sliggoo works as an excellent counter to popular Grass and Fire type pokemon like Sceptile and Magmortar, and while not the best Water resist in the tier, can definitely work in a pinch. AOA Sliggoo is chosen as opposed to Curse, as it keeps up with the offensive nature of the team a lot better.

Shadestep

volition immanent
oki, you may now vote! everyone gets 2 Votes as always, and voting will stay up till mondaymorning for this week :)
here are the competitors:
Lax 's Shiftry

Norden 's Mesprit

Rapture. 's Sceptile

Hingo 's Musharna

GyRro 's Cacturne

Aurosis ' Sliggoo

and the team for reference:

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Barbaracle @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- Shell Smash
- Return
- Earthquake

Rotom @ Spell Tag
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Shadestep

volition immanent
a close one, but Aurosis wins.. again!
thanks again to Bouff for the team, and only realizing the team didn't have a water resist after he sent it :p Norden actually guessed the right 6th mon, being CM Mesprit!
Shadowtags: 5 Votes
Laxuy: 5 Votes
Aurosis:6 Votes
Hingo: 0 Votes
Norden: 1 Vote
GyRro: 3 Votes

this week's team is provided by SPL Slayer and banner-creater Kiyo , so thank you for that! keep in mind that the team is a bit outdated because I haven't gotten around to building non-Sawk-meta teams or annoying people to give them to me, hehe.

Kiyo's team is a solid balance teams with answers to most of the popular metagame threads. Gourgeist-Super is something that hasn't seen much love lately, even though it's still a real annoyance to balance teams. Swellow is a strong revenge-killer and lategame cleaner, especially supported by Gourgeist, Rhydon and Garbodor weakening things like Hitmonchan that can otherwise live a hit and revenge-kill it.
Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Foul Play

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Defog
- Signal Beam

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

as always, submission stage will go from now until fridayafternoon!

This team seems pretty weak to Rotom and other ghost types, who can take on 4/5 of the team members with ease. In addition, the team is very slow which puts a lot of pressure on Swellow.

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Evs: 252 SpA, 4 Atk, 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
-Fire Blast
-Hyper Voice
-Hidden Power Grass
-Wild Charge

Pyroar give the team a solid answer to the ghosts and also a good strong wallbreaker which can soften things up for Swellow. I opted for Wild Charge to help take on Pelipper and Mantine, which the team also could struggle with.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

Although I don't believe Hariyama is the actual last slot in the original version of the team, I think it fits well. This team is deathly weak to Ice types, especially those with Freeze-Dry, so what better way to combat that weakness than with Hariyama. I thought about something like Grumpig as a possiblity, but that would make the team even more weak to Shiftry. Hariyama also manages to somewhat alleviate that problem as well. As a final piece on my thought process, I thought the team needed something to check a wide range of special threats. I especially wanted another check to Sceptile, as Garbodor is rather prone to being worn down. As far as the move set goes, it is all rather standard. I opted for Stone Edge because the team doesn't have a lot for Charizard, and being able to pick it off is tremendous for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)