- Thunder Wave

Tauros @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Disregard this team, I posted this in a hurry and I will get a proper team for you guys tomorrow! (Thanks to Lucian for telling me)
Same as always, post your suggestions here! Submission runs from now to Fridaynight! Happy posting!

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My sincere apologies! I was really tired last night, last-minute subbing, etc. so here is a proper team for you guys that is made by GyRro and myself a little while back. I updated it for the current meta and removed one of the most interesting Pokemon.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Regirock @ Custap Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Explosion
- Stone Edge

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dark Pulse
- Defog

Rotom @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

the team features an interesting 'Lure' Regirock set, which is able to T-Wave or Boom something while in a pinch. AV Hariyama is a nice plain Special switch-in, and defensive Rotom is a really neat tool spreading wisps around and helping Scyther to clean up lategame.

Posting goes until Friday, bla bla bla.. Happy posting!

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

-This team looks pretty cool and its mostly leading to bulky offense, one thing i noticed was big kabutops/Rott weakness and team is lacking a special wallbreaker, it was hard decision between abomasnow and lilligant but I chose Lilligant because its really threatening in this metagame,gives this team a better water check, outspeeds kabutops and some stuff that threatens the team and provides a better check to dual dance rhydon.

Last edited:

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Musharna @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronise
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Moonlight
- Stored Power

One thing I noticed about this team is that it seems to be luring on threats like Steelix with special Skuntank so that bulky Scyther can sweep unimpeded, while both Skuntank and Scyther provide good anti-Psychic presence. This makes Stored Power Musharna a pretty good fit as it should get all of the support it needs to sweep consistently and act as a backup wincon. It also makes a good general physical switch-in during the early game and complements Hariyama well in that regard. Leftovers is optimal but since you're running Sitrus Rotom, Colbur might also be a good fit so that you aren't pressured by Knock Off users as much.

Rapture

I got so much time today

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
Focus Blast Ludicolo is a really cool option for this team. Gives the team a way to directly threaten most water types in the tier and under Rain, helps the teams matchup versus offense. Focus Blast is good over ice beam in this scenario because catching ferroseed on the switch who think they wall you really helps to make Scyther a lot more threatening. While Skuntank can also so this with fire blast, no one good is mindlessly switching in ferroseed or other rock setters for that matter since the lure set has managed to become quite popular. Ludicolo also appreciates volt-turn support from Scyther and Rotom since it matches up well versus most of their checks.

Shadestep

volition immanent
lol.. Shadowtags you need to stop.. Congrats!
PrinceLucian: 3 Votes
erisia: 0 Votes
Shadowtags: 4 Votes

This weeks team is provided by NUPL Slayer Blast , thanks a lot!

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 232 Atk / 52 SpA / 224 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Gourgeist-Small @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Destiny Bond

Barbaracle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Switcheroo

Golurk @ Passho Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dynamic Punch

As always, post the Pokemon you think would make the most sense to fit on this team. Posting Stage runs from now through Fridaynight!

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 136 Def / 16 SpA / 208 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

So in my opinion, I see this team having a tough time with special attackers like Hex-O-Wisp Rotom, Swellow (HP grass variant), etc. And I thought Lanturn could be a nice add to this team as it comes in on them nicely. Not to mention, Lanturn has nice synergy with Gourgeist-Small.

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Muddy Water
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

-This team is HEAT, I tried it on ladder and it was rly fun, most sets/items are bit different than standard so it wasnt that easy to choose last mon. First few things I noticed was scyther/archeops/pyroar/rott/lanturn/manectric weakness but then when you take a closer look it has a lot lures to those pokemon which helps it deals with threats a lot easier, example being stone edge golurk and rock slide gourgeist which just bops things like magmortar/zard/archeops and Scarf barbaracle surprizing and checking flying/fire pokemon as well. What my aim for last one was to find a pokemon that can sponge some special hits and hit back while being a nice pivot for team, so I choose offensive sliggo which isnt that common set but I think its pretty cool one, it hit decently hard while also checking enough things that bother the team and not being passive as curse set.

Regarding to the team it's easy to see that's really focused on Primeape's sweep as there is a lot of way to lure flying type, Skuntant to trap psychic and ghost type, and Barbaracle for faster threat such as Swellow, Archeops, Tauros or Floatzel. But I feel like it lacks of something, the first things that immediatly come in mind was the ground immunity because of Gourgeist's lack of synthesis, but while regarding more closely to the team, i've seen that Abomasnow is a huge threat. There isn't any real switch in to Blizzard, because Barbaracle is fearing too much the Giga Drain to come in. So, regarding to the NU list and the PU list, i've found something that can help a lot with these two weakness. Even if it's not that common, i feel like it fit pretty well in this team.

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

You'll probably ask me if i'm drunk, but i definitely think that sub split Rotom-Frost is a pretty cool choice for this team as it covers the Ice and Ground weakness, while with the access at a pretty solid Ice STAB, Rotom-Frost help a lot the team by wearing down Vileplume who looks pretty annoying for a team based on Primeape+Scarf Barbaracle. In addition, Thunderbolt is pretty helpful to deal with these water type such as Floatzel (if you are already behind a sub obviously), or Samurott because in my opinion, only Gourgeist to get past of them safely looks like not sufficient. Also, the point I want to talk with Sub Split, is that can be helpful in a lot of situation, like if you are against an Audino-mega, forcing him to rest or wish to send Skuntank or Primeape depending on the situation more safely looks a pretty cool emergency button and that also help to wear down Lanturn more easily than any others set of Rotom-Frost for freeing Barbaracle from risking to miss a Stone Edge.

Shadestep

volition immanent
I guess you're all winners after all!
This week I took a build that featured one of the recent drops, being Gastrodon. It's a neat Balance team, featuring one of the strongest wallbreakers in the tier, Pyroar, and a strong Momentum-grabber in CB Scyther, something I've been enjoying a lot lately.

Pyroar (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Hitmonchan @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Knock Off

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Counter
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Post the Mon that you think would fit on this team, as always! Submission Stage ends on friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)