Project What's His Last? V3 Finished. Mods Please lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Since this team has a VoltTurn theme, the Spikes support provided by Ferrothorn is nice to help wear down bulkier Pokemon on the opponent's team. Ferrothorn also acts as an Electric resist, Fairy resist, Dragon resist and Water resist, which this team needs to not be overwhelmed by Thundurus, Azumarill, Water-types and Mega Diancie. Unfortunately, Ferrothorn loses to Excadrill although it can heavily damage it with Power Whip and make it think twice if it Iron Heads. Thunder Wave allows you to cripple Zard-X, Talonflame, Volcarona and others who think they can switch into you for free.

Last edited:
yuruuu, Klefki

Weavile is a nightmare for this team to play against, seeing as though it can pick off the team if Mega Manectric has been worn down by entry hazards (I find that to be likely because the team lacks a way to remove them). Speed control in the form of T-Wave is also welcome because it slows down boosted Charizard X, which allows Garchomp to revenge kill. Klefki's ability to trigger switches to Heatran (and other bulky Steels), combined with its ability to force Latios and Keldeo out (due to the threat of Thunder Wave) helps Mega Manectric tremendously, making it a suitable pick for the team (although I'd probably opt to run Dazzling Gleam over Play Rough for consistent damage regardless of burn).

Well uneventful voting week and its pretty obvious that there is a tie between Infernal and yuruuu for Azumarill and Klefki respectively. The actual Last was Azumarill, albeit a slightly different set.

Here is the next team by 4daptability

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Hammer Arm

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I wanted to build a team around Pursuit Mega Metagross and Sash Breloom, seeing as though the two cover Life Orb Latios with relative ease (assuming Breloom's Focus Sash is in tact). Breloom forces opponents to play carefully, as they must decide on which Pokemon to sleep fodder. With the intent of removing entry hazards, as well as preventing them from being set up, Life Orb Starmie is chosen due to its ability to threaten common SR users such as Hippowdon, Heatran, TankChomp, Defensive Landorus-T. Landorus-T is chosen as a Defensive pivot into opposing Choice Scarf Landorus-T, while also countering Excadrill, Charizard X, Mega Lopunny, and Talonflame. To round out the team, Choice Scarf Keldeo is chosen because it can revenge kill (Mega) Gyarados with HP Electric (or Secret Sword), and it appreciates the absence of Eon twins. Keldeo also revenge kills Mega Lopunny, and Mega Manectric (prior damage is needed to revenge the latter), which can be annoying for the team to deal with.

So what's his last?

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Offensive SD Talonflame provides a solid wincon which the team currently lacks. Powerful priority in brave bird helps whittle down a plethora of faster threats such as Gengar, M-Zam, M-Lop, Serperior etc which can be troublesome if Keldeo is locked into the wrong move. Also helps with the bulky grass types such as Celebi, as well as CharY. Talon also pairs excellently with Starmie which reliably keeps hazards away. (Unfortunately it doesn't really help with M-Mane but between BB, mach punch and scarf Keld the team can handle it.)

Last edited:

Abaddon (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

So, CB Hoopa-U. I notice this team struggles a bit with full stall, so I thought that a pokemon that can launch choice band boosted attacks off of 160 attack would be a good choice. Hyperspace Fury is obviously the move to use 9/10 time, Zen Headbutt is a secondary STAB to maim fighting types, Drain Punch OHKO Bisharp and TTar, and Gunk Shot OHKOs Clefable and does a solid chunk to mandibuzz.

Last edited:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power Fire

didn't really think about it but this powerful wallbreaking mon is a good choice for this team, helping to lure in steel types like mega scizor which annoy mega metagross, as well as helping the stall match-up a bit. also acts as an emergency electric check bar thundurus which can still miss focus blast lol

The main threats I noticed were some electric types like Thundurus, some grass types like Serperior, Tornadus-T, Alakazam, and Fairy Types like Mega Altaria.

That's where Weavile comes in.

Most flying types like Talonflame that beat Breloom and Keldeo are beaten by Lando-T, except for Torn-T, which gets outspend and wrecked by Weavile. Thundurus can really annoy this team with T-Bolt, HP Ice and T-Wave. Weavile outspends and kills it, and actually does a lot to most electric types since they usually have mediocre physical defense.
Weavile can also beat and out speed regular Alakazam (it can't outspeed MegaZam, but if it's running MissBlast...). Finally, it revenge kills all Grass Types except Mega Venusaur which loses to Megagross and Starmie.

It's fighting weakness is covered by Metagross and Starmie and Lando-T. However it does contribute to the teams fairy weakness so it needs to run poison jab.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

So the results are:

Weavile: 4 Votes
Hoopa-U: 3 Votes
Talonflame: 1 Vote

Winner is superninjadillo :]

This rounds team is made by p2

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Flash Cannon

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Hammer Arm

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 88 Def / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Gonna quote him because I can't think a better description.

I wanted to build around the combination of Hydreigon + Mega Metagross because its a really solid offensive core, covering each others weaknesses very well. I felt Clefable was a nice addition here and using Ice Beam on it helps with Gliscor issues the team can run into. Defensive SD Lando-T is a solid pivot and prevents the likes of Scizor and Ferrothorn from using it as setup bait for Spikes / SD, it also nicely checks Excadrill and Mega Charizard X which can be pretty annoying for the team. I went with Choice Scarf Keldeo here because the team was lacking Speed and was weak to the likes of Mega Alakazam and Mega Manectric and helps ease pressure off Clefable in checking Lopunny.

But what's my last?

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Tornadus-Therian
@ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

I think this team would love having a reliable pivot like Torn-T. This is because when threats like LO Serperior or Specs Keld find the chance to come in, their attacks will likely force you to sac a pkmn. For example, say Specs Keld come in on Lando-T. Lando-T will either die to Hydro Pump, or something else on the team will have to take the attack and die in two hits with SR up. Serp is even scarier and assuming it's in against Keldeo, Leaf Storm followed by the appropriate coverage move will also grab a kill. The team has no real reliable switch in to these Pokemon, and they can make its player lose a ton of momentum. I think these two place enough pressure on the team to justify having a speedy check like Torn-T to stop them from doing more damage than necessary. Other Pokemon like Gengar and Mega Alakazam are also checked well, reducing the pressure other teammates have to keep them in place.

Torn-T also provides the team with more speed, which is cool since everything here besides CS Keldeo is rather slow. Mega Metagross and Hydreigon also like being U-turned in for free to pressure the opposing team with their powerful attacks. Removing items from things like Rotom-W and Hippowdon also help the wall breakers of the team do their job better. Torn-T is a good overall glue as the sixth member, patching up some remaining issues while fitting the offensive nature and flow of the team.

Last edited:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Let's pretend that the last mon isn't Torn-T for a second. Heatran is here to help the team to not get 6-0ed by Serperior and Talonflame. Air Balloon is chosen to act as a one-time only check to Excadrill in case Landorus-T gets weakened while also dealing with Earthquake Zard-X better. Taunt is a nice option on Heatran to shut down the recovery of defensive Pokemon and discourages set-up. Unfortunately, Heatran stacks a weakness to Belly Drum Azumarill, Keldeo and Kingdra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)