What's In Your Everyday Kit?

hey everyone. i was getting my stuff together before heading out today and i thought it would be interesting to examine the things i take with me every day, and to see what other essential (or non-essential) items other people keep in their every day kit. here's a picture of mine:

we have here my dumbphone, lighter, jar (currently empty but ideally full), rohto "arctic" eyedrops (very refreshing), knife (folded), sunglasses/glasses case, notebook, bag of tobacco, bag of change, rolling papers (irie extra light hemp), wallet, optical cloth, cologne (encounter by calvin klein), comb, pen, permanent marker, and the messenger back i keep it all in.

these are the things that i hate forgetting to bring along with me. what's in your everyday kit smogon? feel free to discuss why you carry a specific item, portable/frugal options for items, altoid tin makes, etc.

Last edited:

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have a backpack that I carry with me when I am in Recreational Forme. It usually contains one small, travel-sized bag of marijuana, my bong, my dry pipe, grinder, two bottles of water, three white lighters (I carry white ones because a lot of stoners are superstitious and won't use them so I don't get bic'd), phone and ipod chargers, vaporizer, car charger for phone/ipod/vaporizer, glasses maintenance kit which consists of a cleaning cloth and screwdrivers, spare empty waterbottles to empty bong water in on the go, visine eyedrops, and between one and four propane blow torches. there is enough space to cram my laptop computer and some snacks in as well if need be

nice. i never really take a bong with me, just seems like more trouble than it's worth but back before i dropped all my pipes i used to carry one of those with me. my friends back home are really superstitious about white lighters (because "kurt cobain died with one," oOoOo) but not so much where i live now.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
yeah it is risky business to carry a bong, but I am careful with it and where I live (Mass) scent isn't probable cause to search a car so I feel pretty safe about it. as long as it stays in the backpack during actual transit, the risk is pretty low for me

In my bag I take to work (and generally out/about if I'll be out all day), I will usually take my iPad, iPhone, outlet charger with cables, headphones, paper/pen, gum, sun glasses, and depending on how long or the occasion, my 3DS in its carrying case with a few games if I'm not driving.

Whenever i'm carrying something more than my wallet and Cellphone, is only when i go to my 2nd Job. At my 2nd job i barely do anything, so i take my Laptop, My PS3, Chargers, Snacks for the overnight shift...

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
small umbrella/ phone/ wallet/ keys/ phone charger/ cables for charging my phone and 3DS/ but not always carry 3DS/ lots of tissue paper

3DS, textbooks, pencils, TI-84, Secret pear-scented gel deodorant, munney, car keys, breath mints, safety goggles, hair comb

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Depends on what I'm doing. nut in most cases, I end up bringing the "video game bag" that includes: A 3DS, Playstation Vita, Gameboy Advance SP, a PSP, and games for all of them. And when I go to the commons, I usually just bring my 3DS,a phone, and an empty bag. I prefer to roam around with very little weighing me down!

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A pen and my class notebook is all I need. Carrying anything else would probably double my weight.

About two liters of water ever since i ran out of water in the middle of nowhere last summer, my hand watch its away too heavy and big so rarely wear it , just for that rare show off really
a swiss knife with spoons and forks instead of blades i never really use it as i am forced to bury it outside airports regularly as the inspectors consider it a deadly weapon of mass consumption destruction , its a pretty good conversation spark though chicks love staff like that ,oh i also have a macbook that's pretty much the extension of my hand so i don't know if it counts as a part of my kit, i also usually take with me a liter of oat-sugar mix with over 4000 calories, you never know.

Last edited:
I like this thread!!

Depicted from left to right, top to bottom: prochlorperazine (vertigo medication I take as needed), my 3DS, my wallet, my iPad keyboard and stylus (I took the photo with my iPad), and my disability parking permit, which I carry with me at all times because it's per-individual, not per-vehicle, emergency hair tie. There's also a compact mirror in the bag I never use.

In the wallet is my photo ID (because I can't drive)/student ID/Medicare and pensioner card/library card/pseudodebit card/more prochlorperazine (I don't abuse it, I just got my prescription refilled okay), and business cards of all my doctors in case I ever need their details or some emergency happens and people are looking through my wallet.

On the iPad is all my music, books (including textbooks and so forth), calendar, etc.... I never thought a tablet was a useful thing when laptops and phones exist, but I can't carry my laptop with me and small phones simply aren't very useful ereaders (and mine is broken anyway), so I got one for school and to minimise how much stuff I carry around. I carry around paperbacks all the time too but I mostly read ebooks.

Things I couldn't find or are elsewhere but should be in there: glasses case, inhaler, deodorant, perfume. I also always carry water with me.

eta: Kier: What's the jar for?

Last edited:

blitzlefan

shake it off!
iPod / Headphones - always.
I got up late this morning, and accidentally left them at home - the conversations on the bus are around as bad as those in PS lobby chat.

3DS / Wallet / Keys / Laptop / Phone / Deodorant / Water is what I usually stick with.

jumpluff that's a cute wallet! i also took my photo with my ipad which comes along with me some days, depending on where i'm going. i got it instead of a new laptop because the ipad was on sale for a ridiculous price and it does everything i would need a laptop for (besides gaming). the jar is for marijuana but it was originally a small jam jar.

other optional items include protein bars/trail mix (when i'm biking) and water. i see a lot of people mention food/water which is why i mention it.

V0x cool bag, where'd you get it?

i nerd out on really well-made altoid tin survival kits and i've been planning to make one for hiking trips and other adventures. it'd be great to have things like water sanitation tabs, emergency cordage, firestarters, signaling mirror, poncho, etc. something good for short trips that i can slip in a backpack. anyone do anything like that around here?

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If I'm studying/going to class: Backpack with numerous textbooks/notebooks, laptop with charger, possibly 3DS with charger if I'm hanging out with friends later. Phone, headphones, and wallet as well, clearly.

If I'm hanging out: Phone with headphones, wallet, 3DS with charger.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
[quote="jumpluff, post: 5249043, member: 24168] I have a lot of different handbags but these are the two I use in daily outings most regularly right now]e]

Depicted from left to right, top to bottom: prochlorperazine (vertigo medication I take as needed), my 3DS, my wallet, my iPad keyboard and stylus (I took the photo with my iPad), and my disability parking permit, which I carry with me at all times because it's per-individual, not per-vehicle, emergency hair tie. There's also a compact mirror in the bag I never use.

In the wallet is my photo ID (because I can't drive)/student ID/Medicare and pensioner card/library card/pseudodebit card/more prochlorperazine (I don't abuse it, I just got my prescription refilled okay), and business cards of all my doctors in case I ever need their details or some emergency happens and people are looking through my wallet.

On the iPad is all my music, books (including textbooks and so forth), calendar, etc.... I never thought a tablet was a useful thing when laptops and phones exist, but I can't carry my laptop with me and small phones simply aren't very useful ereaders (and mine is broken anyway), so I got one for school and to minimise how much stuff I carry around. I carry around paperbacks all the time too but I mostly read ebooks.

Things I couldn't find or are elsewhere but should be in there: glasses case, inhaler, deodorant, perfume. I also always carry water with me.

[/quote]

Those are lovely handbags, jumpluff.

Wallet, phone, headphones for use with phone, keys, 3DS, diabetes medication/blood testing kit/something sugary for emergencies/etc

I travel pretty light.

light is good. i also like to travel as light as possible so i'm always on the lookout for miniature versions of things.

also, minor but exciting update: i got a pack of underwear today that came in a rectangular plastic zip bag. as i turns out, my ipad mini fits in there almost perfectly -- not exactly waterproof but good enough for a rainy day. which is perfect, i don't have a case as i am too resourceful (read: cheap) to buy one. i don't know why i'm so excited about it but there you go.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I always have a rucksack with me pretty much, so useful for just stashing things away and the like. My old one I used to have something for every occasion... Tape, Scissors, Screw drivers, cue chalk etc... I remember fixing someones shoe with the contents of the "Magic rucksack".

Now all I have usually is my 3DS/Wallet/Notepad + pens and the weeks edition of Autosport. Generally enough to keep me happy with bus journies/waits in train stations and the like!

Stuff I always carry (bag or pockets): Phone, Wallet (with usual wallet stuff), Keys, Swiss army knife (a small one, but it's excellent for cutting through tape), a book, and security cards so I can get into places where I need to go to do my job. If I have to fly the Swiss army knife is left at home.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Non Negotiables:

- Smartphone (+ headphones)
- Keys to my place
- Wallet w/ IDs and shit

Other: (in descending order of importance)

- A Bottle of Water
- some sweet munchie, most likely Kit Kat
- A Notebook
- Pen
- Books I need for classes that particular day
- Laptop*

*(very rarely, only when I need to get some significant shit done. Usually my phablet has me covered. Thinking of getting a bluetooth keyboard since I already have a semi-ginourmous screen)

And sadly unlike most of you, I don't carry portable game systems (or read books) for my commute, since I have associative motion sickness and tend to feel headaches or dizziness if I read/game in the bus/metro. Sad, since I'm a bookworm extraordinaire irl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)