What's More Annoying?

Hey, my fellow smogoners, smogonites, smogonettes, whatever. This here's my third RMT, you need not look at my previous two, they don't really matter much anymore. I've dropped my idea of an offensive team, and gone on the offensive, and boy, does that suit me way better. My peak is 1204, or 673rd on the ladder (I was crying tears of joy). Some old mons are back, some that I just can't stop using or get rid of. Maybe I have a fetish. I don't know.​
Anyway, here's the team:

As you can see, Heatran and Latias are back, now with refined sets, and we have another veteran, Breloom, for some sleepy fun. We do have some new players too- Magnezone to trap and destroy, Tornadus to wreak havoc in the sky, and Gyarados to Intimidate Scizors that think they can sweep when Magnazone's dead.
For those of you that care:
Team building process:

I started off with a Heatran/Latias/Tornadus core- one that works very well in my opinion. Latias takes water, ground, and fighting for Heatran, and electric for Tornadus; Heatran takes dark, ghost, ice, and dragon for Latias, and rock and ice for Tornadus; and Tornadus takes fighting and ground for Heatran.

Next came a Gyarajolt combo. My friend and I had made a different team sporting Gyarajolt and Yanmega, and (it failed) but in the process I discovered how scary Gyarajolt could be. Wanting to keep using it, I slapped it on this team, and it had great synergy.

Finally, I added Breloom, one because I needed a fighting type, and because of its awesome ability to absorb status moves. Its grass typing also helped me absorb electric and water hits from Rotom W, though trick was always immensely annoying.

I was doing great from then, but I noticed that my team was lacking a very last tidbit. Steel types were walling my team all day, and Skarmory was proving to be a huge problem, especially when SpecsJolt was locked into a useless move like shadow ball. To compensate, I switched Jolteon with Magnezone, a decision that I have just started using but am still not so sure of.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature, Flash Fire
252 Sp Atk, 4 Sp Def, 252 Spe
Stealth rock/Roar
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Hidden Power (Ice)​
Part one of the Heatornias core (yes, I made up that word), Heatran is my lead against all teams except rain (where I use Latias). The funny thing is, when weather players see a non-weather team, they always send in their weather caster as their lead, even if it's an Abomasnow that's 1HKO'd by fire blast. I find that very amusing. Anyway, I run the offensive set that was recommended by my friend ExpertPhysics and Motagua in my previous RMT. Heatran's superb typing and great offensive stats usually guarantee me at least one kill in each match. HP ice KO's any Gliscor switch ins, and Fire Blast is my STAB move of choice (funny, I've never missed with Fire Blast before). Earth Power rounds off the set, obliterating rock types such as Tyranitar (not really though) and scarf Terrakion.
Synergy:
: Latias, Gyarados, Breloom
: Latias, Tornadus, Gyarados
: Breloom, Latias, Gyarados, Tornadus
Possible Changes:
Roar over Stealth Rock?​

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature, Levitate
252 HP, 4 Sp Atk, 252 Spe
Substitute
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Calm Mind​
Latias, number 2 of my Heatornias combo, and also my early game or late game sweeper. I love this thing's sheer power, it's great defensive stats allow me to setup on almost any specially based pokemon in the metagame- SpecsToed, Starmie, rain Dnite, Alakazam, Heatran, Jolteon, you name it. Latias loves to set up on Politoed in particular, though Perish Song is quite annoying. Substitute blocks status and helps me wall shit, Dragon Pulse is my STAB move of choice, Recover is for recovery (duh) and Calm Mind is my setup move. At +6 (I ran the calculations while I was battling one of my friends and he was not very happy), Latias reaches 1184 Sp Atk, and nothing that doesn't resist Dragon typed moves is KO'd instantly (even full health Multiscale Dragonite, though you'd really expect that to happen anyway) Steel types are a problem for Latias if she's not at +6 and behind a sub. Notable problems are subCM or Paraflinch Jirachi, CB Scizor, and CB Ferrothorn (believe me, I've seen this).
Synergy:
: Magnezone, Heatran
: Magnezone, Heatran, Breloom
: Heatran, Tornadus, Gyarados, Magnezone
Possible Changes:
HP fire over Substitute?​

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature, Poison Heal
236 HP, 212 Sp. Def, 60 Spe
Spore
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Seed Bomb​
This cute little mushroom pokemon has earned its spot on the team because of its powerful STABs and access to the "only fully accurate sleep move in the game", as of course we've all heard. My excitement over this guy has died down in the past month, as it's easily walled by flying types and is basically shut down if it gets statused by anything other than poison. However, it still has its worth, as it has saved me from a multitude of threats, namely Unaware Quagsire or HydraRest Vaporeon. Spore is a great support move, allowing me to set up late game or shutting down a potential threat early game. No one bar Skarmory, Ghost types, or Lati@s like to take a Drain Punch to the face, and Bulk Up allows Breloom to boost its Defense and Attack to insane levels.
Synergy:
: Gyarados, Heatran, Latias
: Heatran, Magnezone
: Heatran, Latias, Magnezone
Possible Changes:​

Tornadus (M) @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature, Prankster
252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Bulk Up
Taunt
Acrobatics
Brick Break​
The last member of the Heatornias combo, Tornadus is a speedy, hard hitting revenge killer that often pulls off a late game sweep. It's immense speed and attack allow me to pick off pokemon even without a boost, as my first Acrobatics has an insane power of 247 after STAB. Prankster Taunt stops stall teams cold, and a priority Bulk Up comes in handy alot, especially against CB Scizors locked into bullet punch after Gyarados has given them a good scaring. Brick Break allows me to hit past Steel types, though many times Acrobatics hits harder, even without the flying gem. (etc Jirachi, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress) Tornadus's lack of recovery is very annoying, however.
Synergy:
: Breloom, Latias
: Magnezone, Breloom
Possible Changes:
Maybe switch with Gliscor?​

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature, Intimidate
176 HP, 128 Atk, 204 Spe
Taunt
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge​
Who'd have thought that the tiny, "derp" Magikarp would have evolved into something so intimidating? (no pun intended) Gyarados is one of the most threatening physical sweepers that I've ever used, and I absolutely love it. It and Latias are my primary setup sweepers, and once they get started that can't be stopped. Dragon Dance is a great setup move, boosting both speed and attack to really high levels. Taunt shuts down Skarmorys and Heatrans that think they can force me out. Waterfall is the STAB move of choice on this set, and Stone Edge hits Dragon types such as Dragonite or Salamence even harder than Waterfall does.
Synergy:
: Breloom, Latias
: Magnezone, Breloom
Possible Changes:​

Ok, here's where it gets complicated. I've got a problem, I can't decide between two pokemon for the last slot: Jolteon and Magnezone. I'll give you guys both sets, and you can give me your ideas.

Jolteon (F) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature, Volt Absorb
252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)
Shadow Ball​
Jolteon's high speed and special attack allow it to be an outstanding special attacker. Once all Electric immunities are gone, Jolteon can wreak massive damage with Volt Switch and Thunderbolt. It's ability is really useful too, providing an immunity to a type that hits two of my sweepers super effectively. Jolteon is also one of my only answer to Rotom-W, who would otherwise devistate my team with Trick and its STABs.
Synergy:
: Latias, Breloom, Tornadus, Gyarados
Possible Changes:
Sack the choice set for subpass?
Switch with Magnezone?​

Magnezone (N) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature, Magnet Pull
36 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 220 Spe
Thunderbolt
Charge beam
Substitute
Hidden Power (fire)​
Magnezone is a real team player- it's amazing ability traps steel types and eliminates them with Hidden Power fire. Subsitute and Charge beam allows Magnezone to escape status and "set up". Thunderbolt is the STAB move of choice. 220 spe is just enough to outspeed Scizor and KO with HP fire. With Steel types eliminated, Latias and Gyarados can really sweep undisturbed.
Synergy:
: Heatran, Latias, Gyarados
: Latias, Tornadus, Gyarados
: Latias, Breloom, Tornadus, Gyarados
Possible Changes:
Switch with Jolteon?​
Threats:
Rotom-W: I can never tell what set this thing is using- without Jolteon, I have no real counter to this thing. Latias can take hits if the Rotom is choiced, but if it's not, Latias definitely doesn't like taking a thunder wave to the face. Breloom is also a great counter too, but it also doesn't like non choiced sets. The choiced sets are also problems- Trick will devistate my setup sweepers, and powerful STABs will wreck my team also. Any recommendations for pokemon that can wall all sets of this guy?
Jirachi: Latias is my usual counter to this, because once again, if Jolteon is gone, I don't have a good counter to this. It's great speed and natural bulk allow it to take nothing from any unboosted poke, even if it's super effective. Status really stops my team cold, and flinch hax doesn't help either. Heatran can come in and fire blast or earth power, but Jirachi is usually paired with a pokemon that can take those hits easily. Magnezone can kind of handle sets that don't have fire punch.
Tyranitar: The sand doesn't bother me much, because everyone bar Tornadus doesn't lose permanent damage. It's the versatality and the bulk that annoys me- I don't know whether I should keep Latias in and take the crunch behind a sub, or whether I should run away, and risk the chance of pursuit. The mixed set is hard to deal with, too. The combination of Dark, Rock, and Fire can 1HKO everything on my team bar Heatran, which can't do anything to it in return. Tornadus's brick break KO's in the more offensive sets, but it doesn't in the defensive sets. Any ideas?
Terrakion: Scarfed, banded, setup, gets me all the time. This thing can get at least one pokemon every match, and is one of my "dang it, another one" pokes. CC KO's Heatran, Magnezone, and Breloom, and Stone Edge KO's Tornadus and Gyarados. X-Scissor gets Latias, though if Latias is behind a sub it's ok.

That's the team. I put quite a lot of effort into this, and I hope you guys enjoy! Please rate accordingly! :D

Oh nice team man !
Warnning for Terrakion rock polish life orb and Dragonite DD.
I suggest if you want of put Gliscor on Tornadus:
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Hey dude how have you been?
Anyways this seems like a pretty good team so far. Regarding your dilema i would personally choose Magnezone over Jolteon for this team.
Also for your T-Tar problem maybe a Dugtrio with a good set could be the answer. it takes care of Rachi also which means you have one less poke to worry about.
Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Jolly nature, Arena Trap
4HP/252Atk/252Spd
Reversal
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Sucker Punch
Having someone else to set up SR is also an advantage to you because then you have space for Roar on Heatran to phaze out annoying pokes trying to set un on you *looks at Volcarona* so anyway in my opinion either go with Zone or take a chance with Dugtrio.... also i must promote the beast that is ScarfTran!!! LOL Good luck with your team DT it looks pretty good

Anyways this seems like a pretty good team so far. Regarding your dilema i would personally choose Magnezone over Jolteon for this team.
Also for your T-Tar problem maybe a Dugtrio with a good set could be the answer. it takes care of Rachi also which means you have one less poke to worry about.
Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Jolly nature, Arena Trap
4HP/252Atk/252Spd
Reversal
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Sucker Punch
Having someone else to set up SR is also an advantage to you because then you have space for Roar on Heatran to phaze out annoying pokes trying to set un on you *looks at Volcarona* so anyway in my opinion either go with Zone or take a chance with Dugtrio.... also i must promote the beast that is ScarfTran!!! LOL Good luck with your team DT it looks pretty good
Yes but for Tyranitar He have Breloom and Gyarados.No srly it's not a problem for the team,Especially that his team does not play to weather.

Well no of course its not to win him any weather wars but if that was the only reason Tyranitar is a problem to his team then it would not have found its way into the threat list for his team....

Oh nice team man !
Warnning for Terrakion rock polish life orb and Dragonite DD.
I suggest if you want of put Gliscor on Tornadus:
I'll try, though I won't like the 4x Ice weakness. Hail teams are already quite bothersome as it is. Thanks for the idea!
Yes but for Tyranitar He have Breloom and Gyarados.No srly it's not a problem for the team,Especially that his team does not play to weather.
I've actually once had a Tyranitar outspeed my Breloom and KO it with a critical ICE PUNCH!!! lol My main problem with Tyranitar is pursuit. Once I know what its set is, it's not really much of a problem.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Jolly nature, Arena Trap
4HP/252Atk/252Spd
Reversal
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Sucker Punch
Thanks man! Glad you approve. I'll try the Dugtrio; not really a fan of frail sweepers, but it's worth a shot, especially with its ability. It's typing is also beneficial. I'll try it! Also- mind VM'ing me the set for scarfTran? Thanks!

Oh Ok..
Here is as well for it as to gliscor would be very good for the team furthermore for hails teams it is not at all the seen problem that latias + heatran + Gyarados ( taunt ) will make of very big degats.

Oh Ok..
Here is as well for it as to gliscor would be very good for the team furthermore for hails teams it is not at all the seen problem that latias + heatran + Gyarados ( taunt ) will make of very big degats.
Thanks. I will definitely try Gliscor. It will help with Terrakion, a major threat. Dragonite isn't much a threat, Latias outspeeds it, and Heatran can take a hit and KO with HP ice.

The main problem with the team is that is runs way too many set up sweepers. This causes the team to be incredibly slow at setting up it's strategy and opponents will be able to take your team down with a blink of an eye. Also, because of this, you have no Scarf users meaning things like Dragonite cam easily set up on your Breloom and sweep your team as your team has not enough power or speed to defeat a Pokemon that got a set up.

I would consider using some Choiced Pokemon (other than Jolteon, which, to be honest, isn't good outside Rain) and a more reliable way of revenge killing. So making a dwitch from your current Latias to a Choice Specs Latios for immediate power, and using a Scarf Rotom-W over Jolteon.

Tornadus is absolutely redundant with Gyarados. I would scrap it with something like Scizor for Terrakions, immediate power, and a revenge killer. Note, you don't have to use Scizor, just something I came up with on the top of my head.

The main problem with the team is that is runs way too many set up sweepers. This causes the team to be incredibly slow at setting up it's strategy and opponents will be able to take your team down with a blink of an eye. Also, because of this, you have no Scarf users meaning things like Dragonite cam easily set up on your Breloom and sweep your team as your team has not enough power or speed to defeat a Pokemon that got a set up.

I would consider using some Choiced Pokemon (other than Jolteon, which, to be honest, isn't good outside Rain) and a more reliable way of revenge killing. So making a dwitch from your current Latias to a Choice Specs Latios for immediate power, and using a Scarf Rotom-W over Jolteon.

Tornadus is absolutely redundant with Gyarados. I would scrap it with something like Scizor for Terrakions, immediate power, and a revenge killer. Note, you don't have to use Scizor, just something I came up with on the top of my head.
lol it's ironic because I don't really like choiced items. I've tried Scizor, it's ok. I have yet to try famous scarfers like Infernape or Terrakion. My buddy BluTrainer even suggested a ScarfTran set, which I will also try out. Thanks for the idea!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)