What's Their Last? - ON BREAK

miltankmilk's Genesect

Mainly going with this because the Camerupt-M Sylveon Cresselia core you see in a lot of Trick Room teams is actually pretty threatening if played right (along with Pixilate Hyper Voice issues in general), so I think a Steel-type is absolutely neccessary here and Genesect is the best of the three Steel submissions at dealing with other threats in Landorus-T and Latios. Anyways nice submissions all around and hopefully I can find some time to participate more in the future! :)

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Voting is now closed, and Paraplegic's Aegislash won! I will add his submission, along with the original team, to the Hall of Fame. As for the actual last...

Thundurus @ Magnet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

When I built the original team, my last was Offensive Thundurus. I knew that the team needed some speed, and aside from Amoonguss, my Keldeo answers were extremely limited. Flash Cannon gave me something else that could hit Mega Gardevoir hard, which was sorely needed. It took me a while to decide between TWave and HP Ice, but in the end I picked TWave. TWave provides the team a secondary form of speed control, which helps take some of the pressure off of Suicune and serves as a passable check-all to some of the fast threats that were really troubling, such as Latios, Swift Swimmers (especially Kingdra), Hammer Arm Mega Metagross, etc. Thundurus also provides Mega Kang with another potential target of side-PuPs. I chose Magnet over Life Orb to avoid the recoil and because Flash Cannon 2HKOs Mega Garde and OHKOs Mega Diancie regardless.

Paraplegic if you would like me to use one of your teams, please send it to me by the end of the day so that I can start week 2! Thanks to everyone for a great first week.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Here's the Week 2 Team, submitted by Paraplegic! Quick note before I post it: I will be reducing the time limit on reservations to 1 hour, as I think that's far more fair and simply allows the user peace of mind while writing their suggestion.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 104 Def / 132 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 96 SpA / 44 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

A Mega Metagross team. The gross outspeeds base 108s, and coincidentally the leftover hp allows it to live a LO Bisharp's Sucker Punch. It's Hammer Arm since thats my favorite set and it provides a nice Kang check. Next is bulky Thund - standard set, with a couple extra speed EVs for creep. Hydreigon is there for pressuring bulkier builds and dragons are always nice. Scarf Lando is scarf Lando. Checks half the meta and I have EQ immunes, so I can quake a lot safer. Last is Volcanion. Using KyleCole's spread with a little bit of creep. Has Sludge Bomb to make the AzuRachi matchup less annoying, as I have stuff for Heatran and opposing Volcanion already. Also just patches holes in general...

But what's their last?

EDIT: Second time's the charm hopefully

Deadline for Submissions is Wednesday at 11:59 PM EST!

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Reserving Hydreigon

Edit: tfw shuca tran is the only kyube check

Edit 2: Ignore this lol

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
This team is quiet basic and well rounded, it doesnt seem to have any awful match ups
But rotom W and Lando could be effective vs this squad and so could TR.
Amoonguss covers those well and covers all the weakspots that mega-metagross has
Thats all I have to say bc this is a too solid team and I am adding one of the most common mons

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore

Last edited:
So the first thing I noticed is that this team's only real way of beating latios is chip damage or t-waving it and bringing in hydreigon to beat it. I chose sylveon because I provides a stronger matchup for the team vs. dragons in general, as well as solid spread offense to complement volcanion. Scrafty could also be very annoying to this team, and sylveon remedies that nicely.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Moonblast

Last edited:
Don't need the ties since meta beats all the other base 110s as is
To be fair it is probably a better idea to withdraw the EVs from Attack since its literally only three points and three points of Speed lost is much more harmful than three points of Attack.

Well this more or less looks like "weak to Kyu-B" the team, given Earth Power does a chunk to both Volcanion and Metagross with everything else getting blown back by Ice Beam. While things on the team certainly can hit it hard, you do need to factor in the fact that Kyurem-B could have support in things like Togekiss, Amoonguss or Jirachi, which seems like a pretty scary prospect in theory. Rock Slide also is a fair bit problematic given Metagross being the only resist, though with Intimidate support I would deem this a lesser issue, but still one to consider when opting for a choice of which pokemon can round out the team. I'd say a Fighting-type would round off the team well, given we have all of the weaknesses of the average Fighting-type covered well (no Flying-type weak mons, a Psychic-type immunity, and 2 solid Fairy-type resists).

There are admittedly a lot of options that could fit the bill, but here's the one I choose:

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 232 HP / 152 Atk / 24 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

The spread here is a meta-updated variant of one made by myself and Laga back in the first XY SPL iirc, the original idea was to beat LO Latios 1 on 1 which still holds true as a LO Psyshock or Psychic cannot OHKO the set and Knock Off will always KO Latios after one round of LO recoil (and Knock Off + Mach KOes from full). The significant difference is that a Modest Choice Specs spread Hyper Voice from Sylveon will not OHKO, given Sylveon (and I guess Gardevoir-Mega tho since it has no item slot it doesn't hit as hard) has become a lot more common since then. Drain Punch + Mach Punch should KO any Kyurem-B set other than one with like max HP investment, which still has a very high chance of going down. In terms of what we can tank relative to Kyurem-Black:

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Draco Meteor vs. 232 HP / 100 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 238-281 (58.1 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 232 HP / 100 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 165-195 (40.3 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Dragon Claw vs. 232 HP / 24 Def Conkeldurr: 268-316 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While Ice Beam into Draco from a full special LO set surpasses 100% damage, note that given Drain Punch recovery it won't actually go down. Overall, Conkeldurr helps to some extent versus Trick Room, checks Kyurem-B solidly, can beat a Latios expecting a KO, and provides a nice Rock resist. While Latios could still be a bit of a problem for the team with Conkeldurr, remedying that would be fine simply by giving Hydreigon Tailwind for more speed control (given we don't need Earth Power that badly with all the ways to take out Heatran), giving Lando-T Knock Off, and other small changes to gain that edge vs Latios. The matchup vs Latios seems doable enough to me without changes as well, given that Latios gets hit hard by Metagross-Mega to begin with and U-turn on Lando-T does quite a lot.

Guts is imo the ability to go with given if Conk were to get burned with another ability, Kyurem-Black would become a big issue once again and Iron Fist is not necessary to get the damage output we need.

-edit-
sorry for original triple quote, very confused as to how that happened

Last edited:
Looks like a solid team that could use a strong final mon to bring it together. First thing I noticed is if kyube gets sub up you're kinda fucked with him having full coverage on your team. The perfect solution to this is most definitely litwick.

Litwick @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Infiltrator will allow you to nail him behind sub with wisp and overheat when he least expects it, while shadow ball and wisp will help with all your matchups, in particular mega kang and trick room. Speaking of trick room the team has a bit of trouble with that when up as well, which is where minimum speed comes in to play, giving you a counter to trick room as well. Under speeds everything above 21 and taunt can be thrown in if you want to improve the matchup.

talkingtree

large if factual
Please post your vote for the ONE Pokemon that you think would best fill out the team, and as a quick reminder you may not vote for your own entry.

Is their last...
n1n1's Amoonguss
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo's Sylveon
Nollan's Conkeldurr
qwerts' Litwick

Voting closes on Sunday at noon EST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)