Social Where is your nick from?

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
This ought to be extremely straight forward.

bdt = my initials
2002 = my birth year
bdt2002: My oldest of my Nintendo Network IDs on various hardware

Congratulations to me for coming up with literally the most unoriginal nickname I can think of. Pending the events of August 7th, 2019 (it's a long story), however, I very briefly considered changing my main online alias to something along the lines of "Epic Espeon", a phrase that has much more meaning to me than you might expect. So if anyone wants to steal that, I'll let you but only if you ask permission, okay?

Other Usernames & Nicknames I've Used and where they're from:
  • Giratina487: My oldest username, left over from my cringe 2015 phase (my best friend liked Rayquaza around this time so I wanted to fit in)
  • Mr. Cheese: My username in the among sus game, and something I actually came up with before that one video so ha :)
  • BenPlayzMC: Another leftover from my cringe phase, this time for Minecraft for the Wii U (best version don't @ me)
  • bdt2002 Gaming: It's literally the current one but even more unoriginal, wow (sometimes it's "DS/Wii Gaming")
  • Epic Espeon: Again, it's a long story (see me in August)
  • bdt2002 Writing: Unofficial branch name I don't actually use for the writing half of my interests

Even more username ideas, this time the ones I considered but haven't used yet:
  • PKMNRangerBen: The shortened version of a name based on... "a theory", and let's leave it at that
  • Something to reflect my undying addiction love for Mario Kart, like "SuperBenKart" or whatever
  • Currently undecided username that has something do with my autism, of all things
  • Currently undecided username for if I ever lose interest in Pokémon

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
I like cats. The reason I made this account was for a suspect test, and the alt that qualified was fish sticks (or something like that). Neko (the name I'm usually called by online) is currently taken so:

Fish sticks cat

(I do regret naming myself this long tho :blobsad: )

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
No one has replied here for a long time, but I found it by chance and was very interested in it: >
My name comes from Chinese phonetic alphabets毒果(酱), which was given to me by a very good friend of mine. Before that, my name was jam, which comes from the fact that my petname has the word "fruit(果)" (which sounds interesting, but actually means "Guo" in Chinese). Unfortunately, I have left my friend, and I think I will use this name on all social platforms.:blobsad:

Ooh this is a fun one.

When I got back into mons I didn't take it seriously at first so I went under "ProfessionalJagoff". In the western part of the US state of Pennsylvania, "jagoff" is slang for "jerk". It's used in Chicago, too, and I think this is the best definition: Jagoff is derived from the Scots-Irish word “jag,” which means “thorn” or “to be pricked.” Which is exactly what a jagoff is: a thorn in your side, a person who won’t stop needling you.

Doesn't roll of the tongue well, and non-US people think it means "Professional Masturbator", so I shortened it to Prof. J.

I fell in love with Bulk Up Conkeldurr early in Gen 5 after watching a few wifi battles on YouTube. I iv bred one on my White cartridge back in 2011 and named it Clowncrete (clown + concrete), the first ever pokemon I IV bred. I don't remember where I saw the nickname first. :mehowth:

I just added commander at the front but made it Commandurr, as reference to "Hurr Durr", a meme back in the early 2010s which meant something dopey since Conkeldurr looks dopey as fuck! Plus it rhymes with Gurrdurr! :psysly:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Xenon is a neat element. It powers ion engines and flash lamps and is in an interesting spot between the reactive normal elements and the completely unreactive other noble gases around it, being able to very rarely form a few compounds. "Xenon" on its own is a boring name so I just added "hero". 126 is a very aesthetically pleasing number lol

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
omi => when i came out as trans, i was a bit stumped on what i should use as a new username and a close friend of mine at the time suggested omi, so I took it.

I added the corio in like May of 2021 because I was looking for cool alts based off my name and one day I asked to have my auth transfered to that alt so it just stuck, changed my forum name shortly after and now i cant imagine myself without the -corio.
are you saying you chose to add “corio” to the name without knowing about the pokemon……..
2 of the best words ever + coolest letter ever
B2DDC262-B0F9-4C46-BF4B-4C1A165DDD7F.jpeg

help

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
So im going to talk about both of the nicknames ive used on this site, itsallyellow and uhbella

So itsallyellow comes from the Coldplay song yellow (which is a banger if you have never listened to it). So in the song theres a verse that goes as so:
Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow
my brain thought they were all yellow was actually "and it was all yellow", which got shortened to itsallyellow. That name was literally made up on the spot, it was made as an alt but it just stuck lmao.

Now uhBella has a less fun story. I wanted to make a username that had bella in it. and i just did an "uhhhhhhh" while thinking about it and i was like "oh snap, uhbella could work" and it did. Quite a banger username if i say so myself

omi => when i came out as trans, i was a bit stumped on what i should use as a new username and a close friend of mine at the time suggested omi, so I took it.

I added the corio in like May of 2021 because I was looking for cool alts based off my name and one day I asked to have my auth transfered to that alt so it just stuck, changed my forum name shortly after and now i cant imagine myself without the -corio.
oricorio has always been one of my fave mon names

It all started in 2017 when I decided I needed a username to troll on the internet. The first usernames I thought of were "Red" and "Hard Player". But for some reason I decided to abandon both alternatives. Shortly after, a collectible figure shop sent me a message saying that my Shigeru & Eievui figure had arrived from Japan, so I decided to start using the username "Shigeru". However, "Shigeru" sounded too Otaku to be a Troll's username lol, so I went with "Green". After that, in 2020 I decided to change my username to "Green on fire" so that "Green" would metaphorically become "Red" which is the username I originally wanted to have.

Attachments

My current username is what I used to go by on various sites. It’s a pun of P.E.M.D.A.S. and derp. Now I find my username rather embarrassing, so I plan to change it to Neb63: my username on other sites. Sadly I don’t have enough posts yet.

I use nicknames online to express what I like the most or show a specific side of myself. I used to have a different name in this site but visiting a Japan-themed garden during the toughest year of my life and seeing a group of lotus flowers floating despite a heavy rain gave me some inspirations. Some say this name is 'edgy' and I can see where they are coming from but it still has some charm for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)