Which web browser do you use, and why?

Which web browser do you use?

• Total voters
I personally use chrome ATM as I'm using a shitty laptop and it seems to just run smoother than Firefox does. I'm normally a Firefox fanboy just because it has a lot of themes and addons that I like. But as of right now I'm a chrome user.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i prefer w3m. javascript is bloat, images are bloat, choice of fonts is bloat, mouse support is bloat.

more seriously, i usually use firefox on *nix with vimperator and most of the gui removed and little mouse support. it's easy to use with vim keybindings and looks really nice. unfortunately, mozilla are shit and haven't implemented proper MSE support which means html5 video on youtube is shithouse and i have to use flash to get it to work properly.

at the moment, i'm using chrome on windows (fuck windows btw) because i like html5 video to actually work.

Firefox, because of looks and customization. Although Flash crashes about 3 or 4 times a day, but they'll eventually fix it (this has been going on for 2 years)... yeah they'll fix it.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
an ET thread with 30 posts and not a single one of them asking "hey why do you want to know" or "what do you plan on doing with this accumulated information"

man, this place has changed

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
I use Chrome but sometimes Control + Shift + E can be clutch on Firefox when I play mons at school and the teacher walks by

I use Chrome for everything, mostly because the fact that I used to use IE got my computer screwed over twice.

I literally just spent the last week using exclusively IE to determine that, yes, Firefox was a cancer to my computer causing it to fail often and more catastrophically as time went on from initial install. Of course, there are many problems with IE, the biggest one being that I cannot reply to anything on Smogon. It also has some problems where Imgur stops working well after I've been on it for a while, but that's less of a catastrophic problem than when I used Firefox for it.

I just switched to Opera within the last hour to give it a try to see if it will have the same problems Firefox caused . I liked several of the features of Opera back when it was the only main alternate for IE other than Firefox only to be disappointed that they removed them. I tried Chrome and know that that doesn't have the features I need so it's a wash between which one to use and I decided to be a hipster about it and repledge my allegiance to the Opera Master Race. At least Opera isn't a resource hog as of this moment (seriously, it's using less than 80 MB of memory for 9 tabs and less than 1% of my CPU).

I use Linux extensively and almost exclusively, both at work and at home, and I use Firefox on all my PCs. I've tried Chrome, but I find it a bit too bare for my tastes.

I've had RAM hogging problems a couple times, but most of the times I leave Firefox open for hours and the RAM usage stays within decent limits.

FireFox because that's what I always used. Also I tried Chrome once and it didn't really work for me.

Disclaimer: I really only use GNU/Linux or Android, but the major browsers are cross-platform so Firefox on Gentoo runs much the same for the end user as it would on Windows. Firefox (or IceWeasel on my Debian box) is generally my favorite. It's quite standards-compliant, FOSS is good, it's frequently updated, and it Just Works. I've used a few text-based browsers like Lynx and they're great for text-heavy stuff.

Disclaimer: I really only use GNU/Linux or Android, but the major browsers are cross-platform so Firefox on Gentoo runs much the same for the end user as it would on Windows. Firefox (or IceWeasel on my Debian box) is generally my favorite. It's quite standards-compliant, FOSS is good, it's frequently updated, and it Just Works. I've used a few text-based browsers like Lynx and they're great for text-heavy stuff.
Nice to know I'm not the only insane Gentoo user on here =P

P.S. Links is infinitely more hardcore than Lynx.

i use opera, mainly because i like the design, the fact that it automatically reopens all tabs after being closed, and it's just been generally flawless. i also feel kinda groovy for not using a mainstream browser ^.^

i use opera, mainly because i like the design, the fact that it automatically reopens all tabs after being closed, and it's just been generally flawless. i also feel kinda groovy for not using a mainstream browser ^.^
My only problem with it was that they removed some of my favorite features. Remember tab stacking? I do and it was one of the features I was excited to see again only to be disappointed when it disappeared.

I'm currently using Firefox. My Internet Explorer must've been acting strange due to plugins or something, I dunno. It was blocking me from making forum posts. So then I downloaded Firefox! The fact that they ask for small donations once in a while doesn't bother me, either. They're usually cheap 3-5$, I can live with that.

I'm currently using Firefox. My Internet Explorer must've been acting strange due to plugins or something, I dunno. It was blocking me from making forum posts. So then I downloaded Firefox! The fact that they ask for small donations once in a while doesn't bother me, either. They're usually cheap 3-5$, I can live with that.
I noticed that too. IE doesn't let me post on Smogon. It's LITERALLY the main reason I switched to Opera.

I'm more of a chrome person myself though if need be I know my way around Firefox and Internet Explorer. FF tends to be more versatile compared to Chrome but i find Chrome to work to my way of internet use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)