Who here uses UU pokes in higher tiers?

Cacturne on my Sandstorm team (see analysis Focus Sash+Counter, but with Jolly nature) rips apart the unprepared if my timing is right.

Pretty much any team that uses Rain Dance or Hail as the theme is going to end up with UU pokemon on it. However, thanks to the increase in Hail teams, pokes like Abomasnow, Froslass and Mamoswine are in consideration to "officially" get OU status. *shrug*

Onix, Vespiquen, Marowak, Lopunny, Houndoom, Purugly are some I've got trained (unsure of actual tier standings) and I've got a Snubble and Remoraid waiting for EV training.

Dodrio, Hitmonchan and Banette. Dodrio is a fast Taunter, and can use Sub+Flail+Salac+Baton Pass. Hitmonchan hits really hard with Focus Punch and Adamant (+CB). Finally, Banette can use Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Knock Off, Shadow Sneak, Trick, etc...

I do. I've used a UU team against someone who had a copy of Obi's Stall team, lol. But yeah, I use Jumpluff, Chimecho, Politoed, Raichu and Venomoth mostly.

I use teh Mamoswine. I fail to understand exactly how it's UU.
Its not. Just nobody has bothered updating the lists since the last blue moon.

For me Relicanth, Drifblim and Hitmontop will always somehow find a way onto my team.

I don't know if it's UU or BL, but I've used my Jumpluff on all my OU teams for a while. Encoring Earthquakes aimed at my Heatran is so fun :)

I actually like to use UU Pokemon. The lst team I used contained Sceptile and Kabutops. I used Octillery, Rotom, Nosepass and Butterfree too.

lol...

Froslass
Blaziken
Claydol
Miltank
Empoleon
Relicanth

Froslass has a sash to survive Weavile leads and whatnot. Thunder Wave to screw around, and Destiny Bond to take out anything. Blaziken is my AgiliVersal-er, which destroy most if not everything in its path, and if it meets something it can't take out (Gyara, for example) he Passes out to Relicanth, who CB Head Smashes everything to bits (2HKOing Skarm for example :D). Claydol clears the skies of Sandstorm with Sunny Day, and spins out any spikes to aid Lassy and Ken. Empoleon to wreck stuff with Torrent Splash Plate Hydro Pumps, and Miltank for status healing and Curse/Body Slam annoyance.

Why would I use a UU Pokemon?

I would only use a Pokemon on the UU list because I suspect it is underrated, and actually deserves a BL spot in the current metagame. If I used a UU Pokemon that I thought was rightly placed, I would be purposefully using a Pokemon weaker than those I'm facing, which strikes me as a very effective way to lose matches.

Rock Polish Relicanth, Scarf Typhlosion, Steelix, Cacturne, Counter-Sash Houndoom come to mind, though a lot of those are BL. I can't make a team without Steelix.

i agree on mamoswine. i'm using him on my team right now (choice banded). i've just been saying how ground and ice weak so many pokes are and this guy has both STABed. i played mystica on shoddy today and i swear my mamoswine could've had a field day. too bad i was so retarded i used shadow ball on tyranitar :( .

edit: just checked the list again and there are some really common pokes there. clefable? tentacruel? someone needs to remake some tiers i think. here are some others i've used:

crobat: status central
azumarill: huge power + priority move is a real treat. not many others have a top 10 attack power with a priority move.
cradily: stockpile's amazing. that thing can hold anything back. give it toxic and you're in for a treat.
lapras: really good gyara counter. bolt beamer.
rotom: give the thing choice specs and trick. don't even have to use trick for it to be effective. that thing has a million type resistances.

I use almost entirely UU Pokemon. Drapion and Hitmontop are absolute beasts, but Drifblim and Meganium aren't doing as well as I had hoped. Hidden Power Ice throws me off every time. >_>

UU Pokemon are fun, but they generally serve a niche purpose, uncommonly do they sweep or wall.

Though I have swept with Octillery and walled with Probopass :D

Bannette in OU honchkrow in Ubers

Honchkrow @CB
EV's:252-Atk./252-spd./6-hp
Moves:
Sucker Punch
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Night Slash

It can OHKO Mewtwo with sucker punch and 3/4HKO lugia with it

Jumpluff for OU

Jumpluff @leftovers
EV's:max hp and speed 6 atk
Jolly Nature:
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
U-Turn
Subsitute/synthisis

I like using Clefable. It's movepool is enormous. Magic guard is also a useful ability.

I've used other UU pokes in OU as well like Nidoking and Toxicroak.

I use Moltres as an Infernape counter and occasional Agility recipient.

I use Raichu as an unexpected Choice Bander to OHKO Blissey with Focus Punch.

I use Venusaur as a lead to outspeed and OHKO Breloom.

I use my Ninetales pretty much anywhere I go. haha
I use
Ninetales, Timid @ Focus Sash
Normal set...Hypnosis, NP, Flamethrower, Energy Ball
Hypnosis works really well for me for the most part.
I beat my friends Dragonite with this.
Sure Flamethrower took 3 hits after a Nasty Plot to kill it...but it worked.
So pretty much you have 2 chances to hit Hypnosis with Focus Sash to Nasty Plot...I like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)