NOC Why Is There A Gun In My Popcorn? 2: Old Country Boogaloo [GAME OVER Town Wins]

Towns:
Aura - I think he also talked mechanics but offered a more easy-to-understand approach
DS. - Nothing wrong with DS. he's just as usual
boneyman - I'm using boney because it's rude to say it, but yes this guy had puns, relaxed tone, maybe it's weak but I've never met a scum with a great sense of humor

Good news, I'm not feeling painfully tired today. Gonna just make a simple little list to get my initial hot takes from skimming everyone's ISO

Caffeine hasn't provided any meaningful content yet, just some memey fluff
AG made the same RNG suggestion last game as scum.. but historically reading him's been tricky for me, so I think I'll need to come back to him later with some meta from popcorn 1
DS' content so far seems mostly defensive, with a few quick hot takes sprinkled in. Feels weird
Liking Mewtwo so far, #213 and similar tend to strike me as towny in most scenarios
Bloody seemed to be fillery at first, got some Caffiene vibes there.. but they have since given a couple TRs at least
Clarinet I'd put in a similar boat as Mewtwo, they look fine and are trying to actively form reads
Sam is also in the "checks out as towny so far" bucket, same reasons
Jordan's contributions are minimal so far, not much to go on
Fenrir's tone seems okay but there isn't much content from him yet, and what's there doesn't really have a lot of meat to it
Asek is gunbearer. Next.
Magic also has very little content so far, but what's here seems good to me. Good gut feeling
Flyhn is me. Next.
hal like.. JUST showed up while I started my little ISO skim. Nothing jumps out as particularly scummy, I'll put him in my "so far towny" bucket as well
toni hasn't even shown up
Neither has Moody
bonerman gave me fillery meme vibes until #223, which shows he's paying attention to things at least. I'll put him in the same boat as Bloody for now
WaterLily ....eh? They keep jumping on some weird things, but it looks like they're honestly trying at least.. time will tell here
Jalmont seems mostly absent, and his first post gives an excuse for it. Appreciate the pep talk, but I don't need it honestly, I was just being a doof with my unfunny "I'm the woooorst" shtick

Here's the tl;dr on my core thoughts, in the form of some nice buckets of players

Towny Townies
Clarinet
hal
Magic
Mewtwo
Samoyed

Slightly Less Townie Townies?
Bloody
Bonerman

Time Will Tell
DS.
WaterLily

May As Well Be Furniture
Caffeine
Jalmont
Jordan

Literal Furniture
Moody
toni

Will Come Back To
AG

It's hard when nobody's really jumping out scummy yet, but i dunno. There's probably a sleeper scum somewhere in my higher ranks, but I'd personally veto any of the Towny Townies if I had the choice to do so

hal like.. JUST showed up while I started my little ISO skim. Nothing jumps out as particularly scummy, I'll put him in my "so far towny" bucket as well

Here's the tl;dr on my core thoughts, in the form of some nice buckets of players

Towny Townies
Clarinet
hal
Magic
Mewtwo
Samoyed

unless you were god who decided to torrent rain while i was in a residential neighborhood near brussels which soaked thru my backpack and got to my everything

you have nothing to be sorry about

unless you were god who decided to torrent rain while i was in a residential neighborhood near brussels which soaked thru my backpack and got to my everything

you have nothing to be sorry about
Shit, I think that was me.
Uh, sorry, I'll just give you some extra karma and we can call bygones bygones.

not going to ISO everyone for the time being (that's a lot of reading, which means I can't read the novel I have open in the other tab), but I am keeping an eye on the thread
I am going to ISO Magic now and see if my town read on them has a reason of it was just a gutread

Wow it's me. Aura Guardian I'm hopping on the reads>math train, just because the stuff you bring up that it might help with (tunnels, bussing) are already things to work around anyway in any game and we can probably do better than 55.

Clarinet's "it would be an honor to get the gun" sentiment in #153 is absolutely out of character and I don't like him referring to it as being "chosen." If you have the gun (and you're not Asek) then you have it because someone decided you have high scum equity; "chosen" doesn't fit the mentality town should have regarding that, especially Clarinet (who went on so much last game about how important they were to town that people thought they were softing a PR). Think for DS the "give me the gun" mentality leans more towards NAI just because that's how he usually is; I didn't take it seriously on first read.

Clarinet's comment regarding Jordan also feels out of place, the question I'm asking myself is why they hesitate on Jordan so much in comparison to others. Clarinet how well do you feel you can read DS/Samoyed?

I agree with a lot of what Samoyed's saying in the earlier pages, though he does feel markedly more serious. He has a lot of scum games here from what I've heard though, so it should be an easy enough comparison. Without having checked yet I'm inclined to call him town just because I have a horrible history with reading tone.

#MAGiCVLGiRL_TRVP_B3VTZ I vaguely recall Jalmont being meme-level inactive when I played with him, how long ago was his game on SF where he was active?

Re: Prims I think their pre-emmptively checking on multiple peoples' meta before posting is probably >rand town for them. Also like the pushing they're doing to get people to elaborate on their reads more.

AG feels detached from the thread to me having had only his randing proposition up to 239.

Everything kind of feels dead to me right now and I don't have time to stay online beyond this post. But just right now I wouldn't shoot Prims or Samoyed because I think they're town, and I think DS, WaterLily, and hal will probably be easier to solve the more they post. My shot preference'd be Clarinet>AG currently, but I'm not sure how I feel about having so many null reads, especially when so many other people are calling those null reads town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)