[WIN7] How do you host a PS server?

I am currently running a 64-bit operation system on Windows 7, and I was wondering how do you make a PS server? I got the source files, but all the instructions are in Apple. Please help asap! :D

Hey zarel, I was looking at the link and it looked like it was made for Linux, would I be right in making that assumption? That those instructions work well for Linux distros also?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Hey zarel, I was looking at the link and it looked like it was made for Linux, would I be right in making that assumption? That those instructions work well for Linux distros also?
As I said: the instructions are for POSIX.

POSIX is a family of operating systems that includes Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, Unix, etc...

Perfect.
However when i do npm install in terminal it gives me several errors.

Edit: I fixed some of the errors however where would I find and set up SockJS?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
SockJS should be automatically installed when you run npm install.

The error message you PMed me makes me believe there's something wrong with npm's servers; it should work if you try again tomorrow.

Help

I keep getting this error help

> D:/Pokemon/app.js
SyntaxError: Invalid flags supplied to RegExp constructor 'app'
at new RegExp (unknown source)
at repl:1:1
at REPLServer.self.eval (repl.js:109:21)
at rli.on.self.bufferedCmd (repl.js:258:20)
at REPLServer.self.eval (repl.js:116:5)
at Interface.<anonymous> (repl.js:248:12)
at Interface.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:96:17)
at Interface._onLine (readline.js:200:10)
at Interface._line (readline.js:518:8)
at Interface._ttyWrite (readline.js:736:14)
>

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
when i put in node app.js i get ... and then i put npm install and it keeps going ...
im i doing something wroung?
Where are you typing that in? o_O

You should be typing it into a commandline with Pokemon Showdown's directory as its working directory.

Also, npm install goes first. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)