WON BY TAYLOR! - The Bad Dream World Tournament! (Darkrai Inclusion)

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We're at 32 now. I'll leave this open for another day or two to gauge interest. As of this moment, everyone who has signed up is in the tournament. Ideally we want every council member, high-ranking ladder people, and active forum/IRC posters to have first priority. This is for a couple of reasons, mostly because we could be giving out a suspect vote to the winner, and also to make sure we don't have any tourney dropouts.

in.... even if i dont play DW OU lol..but lets still give it a try
just to be clear...if we have a weird number like 35 and we see people who don't play DW then you *might* be cut. Or maybe we'll have a play-in round? We'll see.

Hey guys, to make this clear, we'd really love it if you could all post in here after your battles detailing how effective Darkrai was in the battle, how you prepared, what it made you do, and whether you felt as though it was too overwhelming. Remember, the ultimate goal of this is to see how Darkrai fares in this metagame. Considering the winner may get a suspect vote, this tournament is actually very crucial. Remember, all the council members are going to be looking at this, and you could potentially sway our votes.

EDIT: Remember, don't theorymon in here. This is where we want actual Darkrai experience. There's already another thread devoted to Darkrai theorymonning anyhow.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
this looks fun.

in if we go to this many people.

also, i'm down for a play-in if we have too many.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will be posting Round 1 late tomorrow afternoon. You have until then to sign up. I said they'd be open for 5 days initially so this should come as a surprise to nobody.

The whole point of the tourney is to collect real logs of a DW metagame where Darkrai is included and expected, so we want as many battles as possible. I don't plan on rejecting anyone. I want 48 people but I don't plan on rejecting anyone either, we want as many battles as we can get! So the worst that will happen is a play-in round. Get your teams ready!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)