Tournament World Cup of 1v1 II - Won by Coastal Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

Solace
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry team no matter what I always get the 50/50 wrong. Sorry for never getting a win for you guys...im such a disappointment, and really dont expect to get picked for 1v1 team tours again.

Congrats to Coastal Europe! They won while I was writing up the following:

I apologize for any errors in the following post, as I am making it on my phone.

I have obtained evidence that TDA was communicating with Osra in PMs on the rom server during his series with TonyFlygon and at least one other series during the World Cup of 1v1. TDA did not ask for or receive specific information about which plays to make. However, this still constitutes a violation by both parties. TDA would describe his thought processes in the chat box in order to “reaffirm” to himself that he was making the right decision. Communicating with other players in search of affirmation is still prohibited by the tournaments forum’s ghosting policy. (If it helps to type out your plays, do it in the notes app or something, not a PM window with one of your team’s most experienced players.) Osra did not pass judgment on his plays. But she was not completely silent either. While she claims to have asked TDA to avoid doing anything that could be construed as ghosting at one point during the tournament, she still responded and provided information such as the creator of the teams used by TDA’s opponent (which directly implied the sets contained within, since the team had prepared extensively for particular teambuilders).

Our tournaments are designed to be tests of individual skill, not the skill of one player with the support of others providing suggestions or preventing bad plays.
Both TDA and Osra will be prohibited from participating in the next official 1v1 tournament (probably the winter seasonal).

Edit: to clarify, this applies only to 1v1 tours. OM tours such as the om World Cup are unaffected.

ggopw

Banned deucer.
Grats to team coastal!!
U guys had the best performance during pools and i was scared the most to face you out of all 8 teams even tho some underestimated you. Sad that we didn't get to play in the end due to some stupid consequences but im looking forward to it next year!

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heyo. Here to give some final thoughts for US East in WC 1v1 2. Overall, I am glad of the work put in by each and every one of y'all, and I wouldn't have made the draft differently. There were definitely rough moments that could have been avoided, but I blame that on me assuming stuff that I probably shouldn't have when it came to scheduling/replays. We did a great job and gave it our all. Here are some individual comments, in no particular order:

jfehrman2005 Thank you for cocaptaining the team with me. I picked you because I recognize the potential you had to be excellent in tournaments, and you definitely met that potential. I know you were a bit new to the whole smogon tournament sorta thing, but you still provided a lot of organization and encouragement to the team when I simply couldn't, and this helped in keeping our team updated and taking charge when I wasn't around to be. Thank you again, pleasure working with you. Don't use Aqua Jet.

Osra You were kind of a late addition, but you definitely pulled your weight not only in battles, but also in strategy on the East Coast discord server. You definitely gave me the right ideas when it came to deciding Lineup, making sure I didn't pair people with unfavorable matchups, and in tournaments you were a force that no one player could easily brush off; prep time is always necessary against glyx lol. Reminded me of 1v1PL days. In any case, it was great battling alongside you again, see you in prison lol

Magma Out of all of us you definitely provided the most pep and information to all of us during the entire tour. Loved how you kept your nickname the overall score of the round we were in, even if things shifted unfavorably. I understand your run wasn't the best, but you had stuff going on in your life, I totally understand things getting in the way. You more than made up for it in assisting with the overall strategy of the series, and you proved to be invaluable.

GreenSemicircle You were also a player I feel people slept on when everyone first looked at US East. But I knew from not only playing you on ladder but also from your overall ladder results that you also had the potential to be an excellent tournament player, alongside James155. You won games in pools, and were able to put in time even on a busy schedule, and that's basically all I can ask for.

pqs Rofl you're a madman. But you were drafted because I knew that madness is kinda good in 1v1. I recall playing against you on ladder and losing a ridiculous amount of times on ladder against you as you predicted me almost perfectly. Tho I think you said you were using !pick, but the result spoke for itself. Anyway, you won a good amount of games in Pools, feelsbad that you had to be subbed out early on but you came back for finals, and you did good there. Despite your memey nature, you'd be a fool to think curbstomping pqs is easy to do.

Betathunder Rofl teambuilding with you was fun. It was definitely nostalgic seeing you fight in Gen 6 1v1, and you proved to be a very competent teammate for ORAS 1v1. Very close with the final match vs pasy, who knows how it would have gone if sleep was kinder. I look forward to kicking more ass alongside you in OMWC.

jrm115 You were honestly someone that I did not know about before this tournament. But you were able to wow me when we drafted a 2v2 player, and showed a lot of competence in the meta. I am very grateful that you were able to sub in kaori for the final on such a short notice as well, and your last minute win in pools helped us tie for 1st seed. :thumbsup:

Kaori You were naturally a great player for 2v2, and your teambuilding skills definitely provided much needed aid in creating tournament-worthy teams for finals. I'm sure you would have kicked Motogp's ass, but I know you're a busy man. I am sorry for what happened to you today, and I don't blame you for not being able to show up. Hope you're doing alright.

Ransei You put in work for that one game you played, and honestly that was critical in making sure we TBed with South EU. I knew you had an excellent overall knowledge in the metagame, and you proved it by taking the W.

TGC United I believe you and Ransei are the only player with 100% win rate, so good job rofl. But in all seriousness, you were definitely a sleeper threat in this tour, and I lowkey regret not putting you on main lineup (although I don't even know who I could possibly replace for you, yall are all solid). Srry I lowkey tourbanned you after the AQ hiccup but I did what had to be done. You were an excellent presence on the team anyway. :^)

ZaphodBebblebrox Sorry that you weren't able to see much action. We kinda sent you to die when you fought Blazikin rofl. But I suppose in the long run not seeing much action is a good thing, we didn't need to stretch our resources thin during this tour (though we got close). In any case, I wouldn't have drafted you if I didn't have confidence in your abilities, and if you fought more than once I know you would have shown them.

I decided to join, and eventually captain, this region because US East was basically the joke region of WC when drafting began. I had the option to join US West, a team that I was assured by other players was basically a shoe-in for winning, but I refused, not only because I don't live on the West Coast anymore, but because I knew that the people on the East Coast who had signed up were definitely not the incompetent players everyone was saying they were. Even the former US East captains who had signed up didn't feel that it was worth investing time into captaining, and left. I knew that this was never the case, and that US East had the potential to be taken seriously and prove itself as a threat to the world. So this was kind of a passion project for me, East Coast is my home. But this team would have not gotten as far as we did without the effort put in by each and every one of you. We tied for 1st seed in Pools, clutched a win against South Europe, and gave Coastal a run for it's money. While we weren't able to clutch finals, we all succeeded in proving that we are, in fact, a beast of a coast. And I do not think we will be so easily written off next WC.
Feel pride in that.

So have a good one y'all, enjoy the rest of the year and the holidays that follow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)