Tournament World Cup of 1v1 II - Won by Coastal Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggopw

Banned deucer.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
won vs toadandhishaxx 3-2
30 minutes before I was about to call activity

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-435830
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-435855
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-435869
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-435876 Should've been the end but I misclicked rof
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-435895

I gtg rn but real quick more thoughts on this whole kaori vs motogp act call

Everyone had multiple days to schedule one game. Some people communicated more effectively than others. The deadline was known, and our lives don't revolve around going on showdown and hoping other people show up. Even if i was the one who f*cked up scheduling wise, I wouldn't fight about this. Enforce the deadline and lets move on to finals

I have decided to award the activity win to Kaori. This is an incredibly dumb turn of events, but unfortunately, it seems we're going to have to decide the semifinals based on some extremely flawed scheduling practices. If you're going to ask for an extension, actually do so in advance, and preferably with a legitimate reason for not being able to make the time. Sorry.

The finals will feature Coastal Europe facing off against US East. Please send me your lineups TheShadowClaw Blazikin and TDA jfehrman2005.

I have decided to award the activity win to Kaori. This is an incredibly dumb turn of events, but unfortunately, it seems we're going to have to decide the semifinals based on some extremely flawed scheduling practices. If you're going to ask for an extension, actually do so in advance, and preferably with a legitimate reason for not being able to make the time. Sorry.
yeah because an activity win in semi finals is a perfectly fair and skillful outcome
Also I did ask for an extension :/

Also there is no such thing as a late extension,I requested it when it was made clear than playing within the deadline wasn't an option,I couldn't have known that earlier,and I really don't see why you couldn't give an extension hours before the deadline in semi finals.

Last edited:
there were a thousand ways to avoid ruining a semi-final, but you do it ... you could force substitutes on both sides, you could give an extension but the thing you did not have to do was give the win of activity, because it destroy really the tournament itself (especially in a semi-final). The timing of the tournament can not be the reason for not having an extension ... That said I would have preferred to lose on the field and congratulate the opponents but ...

Sry for my eng, that sucks like this decision

:(

Kind of a late reply but i get saying nothing is pretty shitty as an opponent but kaori posted a time to play, moto actually came but kaori fell ill. Honestly i wanna call bs but idk if people randomly fall ill during 1v1wc :/

Kind of a late reply but i get saying nothing is pretty shitty as an opponent but kaori posted a time to play, moto actually came but kaori fell ill. Honestly i wanna call bs but idk if people randomly fall ill during 1v1wc :/
Kaori said he would be online during that time,I did not respond then contacted him 4 hours before that,he said he was sick and wouldnt be online for the rest of the day (at least I think that was implied through the emphasis with "as fuck"),then logged off a bit later,I kept checking to see if they came back but sadly nothing.

yeah because an activity win in semi finals is a perfectly fair and skillful outcome
Also I did ask for an extension :/

Also there is no such thing as a late extension,I requested it when it was made clear than playing within the deadline wasn't an option,I couldn't have known that earlier,and I really don't see why you couldn't give an extension hours before the deadline in semi finals.
I didn't say you didn't ask for an extension. You asked for one like 11 hours before the deadline when your opponent had already logged off for the final time in the tiebreaker period (and called activity on you). I'm sorry, but that's not how an extension works. It's predicated on mutual agreement. Asking for one doesn't automatically get one granted, especially when you were in the wrong and put insufficient effort into scheduling for the rest of the week.

there were a thousand ways to avoid ruining a semi-final, but you do it ... you could force substitutes on both sides, you could give an extension but the thing you did not have to do was give the win of activity, because it destroy really the tournament itself (especially in a semi-final). The timing of the tournament can not be the reason for not having an extension ... That said I would have preferred to lose on the field and congratulate the opponents but ...

Sry for my eng, that sucks like this decision

:(
Forcing substitutes on both sides wouldn't have been appropriate given that Kaori was the one who had the case for activity. In fact, I waited until right before I had to go to sleep to allow ggopw to give the chance to sub in someone to face Kaori, but unfortunately Kaori didn't come back (he said he was leaving in his activity post, so this isn't altogether surprising, but I was holding onto hope the game would magically get done like it did for TDA and toad).

Last edited:

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Coastal Europe vs. US East
USUM: DezShizzels vs. pqs- I dont quite understand why they put Dez as starting USUM player and pqs is, imo, better than Dez. Im taking pqs.

USUM: Iron Crusher vs. Osra- Iron Crusher beat Baleblaze and his rust is wearing off but, with Osra's preparation and just being good lol, i think she is winning this.

USUM: TheShadowClaw vs. jfehrman2005- TheShadowClaw has proven himself and I feel will take this game very seriously and play the best he can. James is pretty good but so far unproven and not reliable imo.

USUM: Blazikin vs. GreenSemicircle- Blazikin is still a great 1v1 player even if others are think he isn't good anymore. Just be ready for the typical gren/zyg/zone team and prep for anything else.

ORAS: pasy_g vs. Betathunder- imagine 2 non oras 1v1 players starting in finals, brazy. I can't really pick for this reason.

ORAS: TonyFlygon vs. TDA- TDA may specialize in USUM but, he is great at most 1v1 metas anyway. I see him taking this one.

BW: Djokra vs. Magma- I know Djokra plays bw ou but Magma plays BW pretty well. I can see this going either way.

2v2: Knuckstrike vs. Kaori- FIRE is legit a god at 2v2. If he loses, biggest upset imo.

These match ups are kinda meh the only one I can kinda get hyped for is IC vs Osra...but it has potential to be a 3-0 for both sides...
But DEG did tell us for months Asia is gonna win, so Asia wins...why would DEG lie to us?

Predictions...
USUM 1: DezShizzels vs pqs- I belive that Dez will do well, and yes pqs is good BUT I think that Dez will win it because pqs is like a rollecoaster sometimes.
USUM 2: Iron Crusher vs Osra- Whilst Osra has been in a downwards spiral and IC is getting off his rust, Osra should be able to beat IC just because She has nothing to lose really even if IC is doing well but busy a bit
USUM 3: TheShadowClaw vs James155- So this has happned, and unless we get a new Ghosting incident or James gets completly read as a book, this is a James win (Sorry TSC)
USUM 4: Blazikin vs GreenSemicircle (the pokécord god)- Melo (Blazikin) is still very good and GSC isnt really that proven yet he will prove himself in the future, but for now I only see Melo taking this.
ORAS 1: pasy_g vs Betathunder- 2 people who have shown their skills in ORAS during this WC and I smell a pasy_g win because its pasy_goat
ORAS 2: TonyFlygon vs TDA-Where do I start? TDA is a Good Player who has taken ORAS during this whole WC and done very well. Add that TDA has been great all around. TonyFlygon is the Tours Leader and has done very well during this WC in ORAS buut I think it will boin down to 1v1 experience and that is why i think TDA takes it
BW: Djokra vs Magma- Djokra is great and whilst Magma has taken BW for most part of WC (If Im not THAT dumb) but isnt really what I would call a natural to BW. And thus I think Djokra takes this
2v2: Knuckstrike vs Kaori- 2v2 GOAT vs Kaori, unless FIREEEEEEEEE gets subbed out because time, then this is a win for him.

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
Coastal Europe vs. US East
USUM: DezShizzels vs. pqs now pqs wins if we brings quality memes
USUM: Iron Crusher vs. Osra IC GOAT
USUM: TheShadowClaw vs. jfehrman2005 im not predicting this
USUM: Blazikin vs. GreenSemicircle Haven't really seen gsc do much this tour (i havent seen us east do anything all tour tbh) so go melo
ORAS: pasy_g vs. Betathunder MY MAN PASY_G
ORAS: TonyFlygon vs. TDA if tda loses this, it's gonna be funny
BW: Djokra vs. Magma Whoever haxes more wins
2v2: Knuckstrike vs. Kaori GO KAORI!!!!!!

ah the classic 4-4 scenario

USUM: Iron Crusher vs Osra ? me like ic
2v2: Knuckstrike vs Kaori KAORI WINS IF HE BRINGS KAIF TECH
ORAS: Blazikin? vs TDA TDA GOAAAAAAAAAT

Conclusion: both teams are bad should Asia should have won

Tol

Retirement house
BEAST COAST LET'S GOOO
and a big screw you to everyone that wrote us off, left us for any other team that they had shaky elgibility for, or just didn't sign up because they thought we had no chance... look where we are now and all I've got to say is that it's been really great being on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)