Tournament World Cup of 1v1 II - Won by Coastal Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
That's a lame way for a season to end. Oh well.

shoutouts to Asia for convincing me to continue playing 1v1. DEG and Baleblaze were hookin me up with teams during the season and I'd like to think I helped in some capacity with building BW teams despite having 0 experience with the meta. I suppose I should start building my own teams now. Thanks for giving me a chance.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
It's been a while since I last played this ancient relic of a metagame, but I'm glad to say despite this, I won 3-2 (Would've been 3-1 but I made a bad play against PZ after getting happy with the first sub)

Replays:
G1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-431402
G2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-431404
G3: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-431408
G4: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-431416
G5: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen61v1-431422

I didn't make an administrative decisions thread. But here is my administrative decision on the multifaceted controversy some of you might have heard about from jfehrman2005 vs. Lancer Fr. I consulted with 2 TDs on this matter.

Here's the situation:

Issue 1: jfehrman2005, i.e. James155, beat Lancer 3-1 in a best of 5. For some reason, only one of James's wins and his sole loss were saved as replays. Does the series need to be redone because not all of the replays were saved?

My verdict: No. While replays are really great to have, particularly for the sake of the replay thread and usage stats, I just don't think it's justifiable to overturn a series because I don't have all of them, especially because of the huge amount of eyewitnesses and the fact that I never established that sets would have to be redone without replays.

Moral of the story: Please just save your replays. I don't care if you won or lost. It's not hard. Also, if you're hosting a tour, plan for this sort of circumstance in advance.

Issue 2: In the game James lost to Lancer, he was facing a Garchomp with Primarina. Theheheheh, i.e. James's teammate TGC United, said in the battle room "DON'T JET... YOU'LL GET HIT BY SKIN" and GeneralGunderson supported this by arrowing the first message and saying "JAMES." James lost the game anyway. Does some component of the series need to be redone / declared a dead game because of what appears to be ghosting from US East?

My verdict: No. First of all, this is not the same as when Akashi neglected to claim a win over pazza when the latter used an illegal Pokemon in 1v1 UU. In this case, the team engaging in wrongdoing lost this particular game anyway (keep reading, this isn't the only reason). The outcome of the series would not have been different without the pseudo-ghosting. One reason why I set the aforementioned series to 2-0 Akashi is because the flow of the series might have been entirely different if he had a 2-0 lead instead of being 1-1. The outcome here was the same. Second, the actions of Theheheheh and to a lesser extent GeneralGunderson do not appear to have been elicited in any way by James — nullifying his overall victory because of actions taken by his teammate in one particular game that he lost would be unfair. Just as we can't assume that Theheheheh's words had no effect at all on either James or Lancer, we can't assume any sort of elaborate ghosting scheme was taking place on East's side. On the whole, we have to act purely based on the few facts we have.

That said, I'm not excusing these actions. TDs agreed that there was definite wrongdoing here by Theheheheh. Baseless speculation in smogtours chat is one thing, but actually instructing in the battle room when your teammate is playing is another. I didn't think it was severe enough to warrant a ban from this tour out of the blue (and one TD noted that this is the sort of behavior that usually results in being devoiced in smogtours rather than harsher action, although I would add that being a teammate of the player and doing it in the battle room is a little different). All that said, let's consider this an official warning to TGC United and to spectators in general.

Moral of the story: Just a note here: a TD initially thought that Theheheheh's instructions might have been sarcastic. I don't think this was actually the case, but honestly I don't care. Don't suggest plays. Don't tell players what to do, ever, but especially if they are on your team. It's not a good look.

Anyway, this remains a victory for US East, meaning there will be a tiebreaker since the series is at 4-4. Figure out the metas you're going to play.

Last edited:

Tol

Retirement house
My bad uc
I forgot that we were in a game where doing that was not allowed and as you know have trouble not acting impulsively
Didn’t make a diff anyway but yeah I shouldn’t have done that
Sorry jfehrman2005 for almost making you lose through my dumbassery and TDA for not being a good teammate and ofc Lancer Fr for yknow trying to help a teammate
Yeah won’t do it again bossman

My bad uc
I forgot that we were in a game where doing that was not allowed and as you know have trouble not acting impulsively
Didn’t make a diff anyway but yeah I shouldn’t have done that
Sorry jfehrman2005 for almost making you lose through my dumbassery and TDA for not being a good teammate and ofc Lancer Fr for yknow trying to help a teammate
Yeah won’t do it again bossman
It’s alright Man I mean I clicked jet anyways so xd

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
S/o time for me too yay
Kaif - Starting out with the beast himself , the shittalker , the motivator and the person who felt the most sad for each loss. I'm lucky to be in your team since I can appreciate myself better xD(srsly tho cool dude)
Baleblaze - Our clutch team builder without whose teams we wouldn't reach so far. Nice internet >.>
Whaleeeee - Again a cool dude who didn't mind our losses, amazing teams from him
Quote - The best sub ( yup I'm admitting it ) , who won all the games he was needed in :)
Lastly DEG - The man , the myth , the legend. He was the cornerstone of our teams success. From building to testing this guy did it all(. He even allowed me to play x)
But man srsly tho I could write an essay about this Man for all he has done for the team :). Thanks cap!
Djokra - For becoming a really cool fren in all , I'm thankful I got to know someone as cool as you :) [ now get em all in finals, tiger]
ayedan for helping me test
Thanks again to DEG and Asia without which this would not be possible. That being said - next year we gonna win this.
ASIA STRONG

Warning: Probably Super Long Shoutouts Post

Been thinking about doing this for a while, yay ♬ for snipe so I might as well get on with it. If I'm being truly honest I'm proud of the fact that we made it so far, and if a few numbers went our favor we could have probably won the whole thing. But then again on the flip side we could have probably not even made the playoffs, so I'm content with what we have. Asia STRONG, we did well.

Before I get to the bulk of things ,shoutout to Uselesscrab The Immortal for hosting, and dom and Joker 1v1 for spreadsheets and pool organizing, It was a really entertaining and fun tour to play in but couldn't have been a walk in the park organizing it. Think you guys deserve this much.
With that out the way, Shoutout to:
Silvers_R ,you idiot for getting my fire back in 1v1 again back in April and making me push myself when you ladder since we started laddering last gen. Glad to have you back on our team and your victory in playoffs did calm me a bit, and shoutout for being a generally cool dude, Hope to see you next year too, stay Strong :)!
Emperor After the performance you put last year I was hoping that if not me someone else would fill in for you, and unfortunately record wise nobody could. You were dearly missed fam and I hope everything is going alright with you and you're alive and well. Hope to see you play for the best continent again if your interest is back in 1v1!
charizard8888 You were dearly missed and I hope you're doing alright Irl fam. OG 1v1er and fellow Asia Champ, Hope to see you play for the best continent again!
Kaif , the 2v2 meme himself :P, never an uneventful moment without you and while we both know you could have done better Asia needed someone to step up in 2v2 and you did, regardless of the results.Hope to see you next year too, stay Strong :)!
WhalemanCheng I think the tour result doesn't do your ability justice in my personal opinion. You may not be the best 1v1 player but I still think you are better than what your results showed. This was just not your tour and I know you will do have a better time in the future. Stay calm and persevere, you'll do fine where you go fren.Hope to see you next year too, stay Strong :)!
Whaleeeee , Man what can I say, OG capt'n and fellow co capt'n, always good to see you around. Not the best ending to our run, but your results certainly helped us get here. Graats on the job and Hope to see you next year too, stay Strong :)!
Quote ,you went from scary global mod to really chill dude in the span of 3 weeks, not to mention clutching the sub win when I was unable to play and then again in the playoffs. Glad you joined this tour and you should definitely play 1v1 more. Hope to see you next year too, stay Strong :) @Dj Breloominati , Way to make things dramatic, sending Asia to tiebreaker losing a you looked like you would win and then going to clutch the tie breaker for Asia winning a match you looked like you would lose :P . Not the best tour run, but you did do pretty well all things considered. Hope to see you next year too, stay Strong :)!
Trace ,I strongly believe if you would have played instead of Whalemancheng or me we would be doing tiebreakers right now. Hope you make a quick and healthy recovery, Showdown is secondary. Personally for me,(kinda like quote) you went from just a global to a chill dude I'd be down to have a good time with over the past month. Hope to see you next year too, stay Strong :)!
DEG While I will never forgive you for tainting my pure eyes with [redacted], Was good to see you co-captain Asia after you missed it last year. I think people underestimate how much you helped Asia with the behind the scenes testing and teambuilding, really helped me there. Known you for a while and while you aren't as active as you were, glad to see you around too. Hope to see you next year too, stay Strong :)!

Now, for hopefully a less lengthy shoutout to the rest of the world
gyffyrd , buildng vs you probably helped me make one of my best teams in months and gave me a bunch of new ideas on teambuilding. While I think we both would have wanted a cleaner finish to our series, it is the way it is and you played pretty well. You're a cool dude, with good 1v1 instincts, don't let ladder rage get to you as much as it does to me :P
Blazikin Bad.
Lowkey just wanted to leave it at that but you know I'm messing with you ^_^. Hoped to have an OMPL rematch but guess we're saving it for another tour. Till then,stay dank, take care and git gud :P
Iron Crusher ,I will beat you in a tournament one day but that day was definitely not yesterday. Good builder, Amazing music taste, better fren :)
neomon ngl you almost had me in our match, and as an underdog supporter was cool to see you joint-top our pool..
Knuckstrike dude who goes 6-0 in 2v2 losing literally one mon Holy shit
Ransei dang ggwp vs ggopw ompl capt'n, gl for wc!
Lancer Fr ggopw toadandhishaxx Osra TDA UnleashOurPassion UBERLandon21 TheShadowClaw for being cool people in general.
Also for real, thanks for everyone who played for playing. The fact that we had so many people helped add in the fun.
My personal favourite 1v1 tour, been quite the run. See you all next year too hopefully. The Finals are going to be a spicy one.
Asia STRONG!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)