World Cup of 1v1 V - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, time for some well deserved shoutouts because what kind of captain would I be otherwise, right?

STABLE : I’m legally not allowed to write shoutouts without starting from you first. CAN YOU BELIEVE WE FINALLY DID IT?Honestly, what can I even say, this is the 4th team tour we’ve played together and we’ve honestly been through everything, always giving it our all but never quite winning anything up until now. I’ve always admired your dedication and commitment to the teams you manage and the effort you always put as a player too and that has inspired me and motivated me to do my very best too and to make this team and this experience a success. We’ve gone over this before, but despite this being your first bad team tour record wise, you’ve more than compensated with hella team support, chiming in in every channel and also building for damn near every slot lol This team wouldn’t have gone very far without you, so I wanna thank you for managing alongside me and making this World Cup a blast <3

Close : My man, the curse of the Italian trio being forever in 2nd place has been lifted today and I’m so happy you were also able to get your first trophy because you’ve been trying for as long as I have, if not longer than that, and this is frankly a long time coming. We busted our asses off to form this team (even tho admittedly you did more than me) despite all the difficulties and uncertainties we faced pre-signups and I think this is our rightful reward. It sucks that the timing of this tour was just awful for you and you couldn’t play more than one game, but your spirit was always there and you came through at the end with the team support, so thank you <3

LBDC : O’PIKIPEK... Another veteran player of this team, what is even left to say? You keep proving time and time again that you’re one of the best SM players and that, despite your quieter nature in the team cord compared to others, you can clutch and step it up when needed. Thank you for your efforts and for having shared this experience with us <3

Lancer Fr : Lancer we for real won this time! You’ve been a cornerstone of this team for so long and I’m just so happy I can share this achievement with you too! This wasn’t your best tour and you were also quite busy with IRL, but nonetheless you made time to play your games and didn’t back down while also being a cheerful presence in the discord, thank you <3

Tricking : Another trophy added to your collection (never mind that this is completely unofficial)! You subbed in for Close when he couldn’t play without much notice and in a bit of a critical moment, but you delivered and I was honestly happy to team with you again after last PL, thankfully it didn’t go the same way this time ahah You were also an active and funny presence in the cord and I also wanna thank you for sharing that banger of a copypasta in the discord. :toti:

SoulWind : I was very happy to find out that you wanted to give this World Cup a shot and I was sincerely impressed by your performances throughout this tour especially if we take into consideration the fact that this is a different format from what you’re used to playing. However,this just further showed me how a veteran player at the game can adapt to anything, given some time and teams. Having both you and Tricking on the lineup was quite reassuring and I hope we managed to make it an enjoyable experience for you

eblurb : Who would’ve thought that one day I’d be sitting here writing a shoutout to you, crazy... In all seriousness, since I’m not a narrow-minded person and I always try to put myself under discussion, so to speak, I was never against the idea of having you on the team, as I firmly believe the team’s needs come first. I, alongside Stable and Close, believed you could be a good asset to the team. I’m now happy to say we weren’t wrong. I must say, I’ve re-evaluated you a lot during this tour, you were one of the most active players when it comes to building and bouncing back ideas and I was pleased to see that you built some quality teams on your own too despite your “reputation” of player that always needs help. In all honesty, I still don’t quite understand you, you’re quite unreadable for me, but I’m glad I teamed up with you nonetheless. I know you felt bad for losing in finals, but you also played a key role in the team’s access to playoffs and then finals so you should be proud about that

gorilaa : Hands down the most pleasant surprise for me this tour. We initially picked you up as a sub in virtue of your qualification to LT but when Lancer was starting to having some difficulties you immediately stepped up to the challenge when asked and took home a couple huge wins in SM ( a tier you had basically never played before) vs more experienced players. Not to mention you also took the initiative and built interesting teams on your own, don’t think Stable and I didn’t take notice, we were absolutely gassed about that. Thank you for joining us in this tour and I hope to see you play in future ones and grow as a player even more

PA : As soon as we found out that you could choose in which Europe team to play, Stable, Close and I were theorizing a possible lineup with you in DPP and man am I glad you chose us in the end! You and Stable definitely had some moments here and there like he said, but I was happy and impressed to see your dedication and motivation for the dumpster fire that is current DPP 1v1. You had a good pools performance and brought some interesting stuff, glad you were able to get your first trophy too, you deserve it!

ACII : The undefeated DPP player, literally. You didn’t drop a single game, I was simply baffled. Don’t get me wrong, I never doubted your worth as a player but I think it was fair to expect some sort of “rust” from you but there was no such thing. You were thrown into the mix for playoffs, unexpectedly maybe, but you never complained and absolutely crushed it. Playing test games really does well for you huh, you always went God mode in the actual game after those. Thank you for being part of the team and I hope you had fun as much as I did!

Tom842 : I’m actually a bit sad we never find the right opportunity to slot you, but I’m happy you got rewarded with a trophy after having being part of the team for so long. Thank you!

H.M.N.I.P : The GOAT Monopoke slot as well as flawless human being and team presence! I’m glad you decided to share this experience with us, albeit not officially on the team, but dw, there’ll be more occasions in the future assuming we both stick around

Potatochan : I can’t even begin to express how much I appreciate all the help and support you’ve given us and the amount of time and energy you spent too. A piece of this trophy should definitely be yours too, like Stable already said. I was very happy to work alongside you and re-create the PL IV duo, but new and improved since we both got better over time and also got to know each other better. You’re definitely the most creative and dedicated SS builder I know and your teams always have a cool touch. Your dedication to the craft is honestly remarkable and I’m sorry I couldn’t pilot your teams well vs Nalei.

EDIT : Now that I think about it, you ruined my undefeated run... I think I‘ll let this slide this time though ahah

dom : Despite you joining only when playoffs came around, you were a crucial part of our ORAS slot’s success and for that, I’m really grateful

Gohar : You might think you didn’t do all that much, but you also gave your contribution in ORAS as well helped us with all the scouting. Positive team presence too, even with your sporadic trolling outbursts.

Kaif : thank you for helping in BW and for making Stable reason whenever he was being too stubborn ahah

Jabiru : I wasn’t expecting you to offer your help for our team, but I’m happy you did and I wanna thank you for chiming in and giving useful advice in the DPP channel

187 Fan : Much like Jabiru, I wanna thank you for giving meaningful advice whenever you could, both in DPP and ORAS, pointing out stuff we might have missed.

tenzhii : thank you for hanging in our team cord after semis and for the kind words after our series, I appreciate it.

And last, but not least, I want to thank the host Rosa for doing a great job organizing and running this tour smoothly, making it very enjoyable!

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone! We didn't take the win but despite our weakened team from last year, we still made it this far. I'm incredibly proud of all of our players and grateful to those who helped the team. This is a bit of a hollow defeat for me as I wasn't all-in on this tournament as I'm sure everyone on the team noticed. To those who feel more of a sting at this loss, I'm truly sorry. You deserved more from me. I won't be managing next year unless it's absolutely necessary though I'll be happy to continue playing for the team.

Speaking of managers, I want to give crucify the shadow manager some special attention. He was one of the most important members of the team and provided motivation, assistance in building, server maintenance, and was a great fill in for LRXC past round 1. Thank you for everything that you've done for the team.

Also on managers, hiii LRXC ! This man was the heart of the team. While most of them weren't strictly productive, he had the second most lines this season and was a constant hypeman. From his "oooooooooooooooooooo"s to his HORCHATA spam and godlike logo, he's relentlessly kept our spirits high. Wish we could have slotted you in ADV but I appreciate the flexibility all the same.

On the matter of lines, gm smely socks ! Smely's been another extremely valuable player for us and was the most active by a very solid margin. Beyond their fantastic record, Smely has been the #1 building support for nearly all of our players which is... fucking nuts. Your dedication to the team was unmatched, thank you so much.

Rellia I'm super glad we got to have you on the team this year and I'm still SO SORRY for not drafting you last time around... I saw a lot of people doubting you at the beginning of this tour but by the end you proved them completely wrong. You're always such a positive presence too so thank you for playing for us.

Sanshokuinsumireko Landon I wish I had more interaction with you two this tour but what I can say about you is that you absolutely killed it! I know nothing about BW but Sansho has apparently been an innovative force which I love to see and as always, Landon is a plainly fantastic player. Always a pleasure to team with you.

Urfgurgle XanderUrBoi Thanks for joining central! It was hard to see how we'd fill some of our missing slots but you both stepped up to the plate. Much the same as above, I wish I had gotten to know you butter but you've both been great. Additional shoutout to Urf for being more active than myself despite this !

avarice DripLegend ThatOneSpork Hypokemaster Sorry you didn't get to play this time around but I'm glad we could have you on the team. I hope you all found some enjoyment in participating. Extra credit to Drip and Spork for helping people build and avarice for being a great chat presence.

DEG Itchyy You've both been incredible for the team. Even though you weren't here from the start, you surpassed most of our line counts (especially deg) and were a great mix of building support and adorable shitposting. Thank you. Mubs Thanks for showing up! Was great to have your support in BW and ORAS. Leru frostyicelad Waylaid You need help. Leru went so far as to monetarily bribe our players to bring King's Rock Cinccino while frosty was an even less helpful builder suggesting things like "CHOPLE AERIAL ACE KARTANA" and banded Sirfetch'd. But Waylaid was unspeakably poor... Actually he was fine I just didn't want to feed his ego so he goes here instead of with deg and itchy but what I said about them applies here too so thanks for that I guess. More sincerely, thank you to Leru for your great activity and to both Leru and frosty for keeping spirits high.

Lasty, a HUGE CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON SEU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you're all enjoying this to the max and had a great experience this tour. Your team was fantastic and this win was deserved. Also a big thank you to Rosa for doing a phenomenal job hosting the tour!

gn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)