World of Warcraft vs. Guild Wars

The time has come for a thread like this. I want your opinion on these two awesome (yet flawed) games. So post away!

Oh, btw, to keep this civilized, why not use this as a format for your reply:

Favorite game:
Why do you think its good:
Flaws you see in the game:
Pros you see in the game:
In three lines, how would you describe it:

In the near future, I will purchase Guild Wars, so I won't post until I've played.

WoW ftw

Favorite game: World of Warcraft
Why do you think its good: Better gameplay, graphics, and more immersive
Flaws you see in the game: Too addictive (if your an mmo fan you won't mind)
Pros you see in the game: Extremely fun. Great community.
In three lines, how would you describe it:

I have played both games and I choose WoW solely based on the level of enjoyment I derived from playing it. Guild Wars is cool because it is the cheaper game but it lacks the visual appeal and creativity of WoW. In WoW you get immersed into the mmo world and you may get a little obsessed. Guild wars is sort of a grind fest in comparison.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Favorite game: World of Warcraft

Why do you think its good: awsome gameplay, rocking graphics [if you have the computer for it] , very immersive and the BIGGEST thing for me would be community, what is left of the story is great and all but what kept me playing wow till about 4 months ago[Finaly was able to quit] was the community not the story etc, i mean the people you meet, connect and just build great bonds with keep you coming back, and when you have played long enough the bonds you build are so great that you are stuck [or addicted if you want to call it that lol]. you would think its easy to say goodbye to friends you havent even met or dont really have to see ever.

Flaws you see in the game: very addictive, you have to invest way too much time to truely enjoy this game and its very repetitive leveling up, the easiest time to quit wow is during leveling up, if you go past that line it very hard to quit.

Pros you see in the game: its very fun, great community and teaches you teamwork/focus.

In three lines, how would you describe it: one of the greatest online communities you can imerse yourself in. extremely fun MMORPG [especially if you are into rpgs like me] and addictive.

PS: i just wanted to add that along with the people you play with making it hard to quit, if you play long enough and manage to get yourself in a position of high authority, you gain alot of responsibilities which makes it 100 times harder to quit because it screws over alot of people that depend on you. at one point i was 2nd incharge of a Guild and was the guild's main tank/healer depending on the activity we were about to do. so imagine how many people i screwed over :( but i left.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd just jump into Guild Wars with GW2 which looks quite a bit better than GW. Don't make an investment into a persistent game when the sequel looks to be in the finishing stages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)