World of Warcraft

This is more of a simple question than anything, but I'm really running out of patience here. I've been looking for a game to keep me entertained over the summer, and at the suggestion of my friend have been looking into World of Warcraft. Being the modern teenager that I am, I'm trying to find a way to play the game without actually buying the product. My searches on google have brought up a reliable download for the game itself, but no matter what "free play" site I join, or how many trial versions I download, I can't play this freaking game without an account number, which, never having brought the product, is something I do not have. So my question is this: does anyone know how I can play WoW without running to the store and buying it?

I have a Mac by the way.

WoW is great. I played on a freeserver with my girlfriend for about 4 months. The free server I played on had 10x retail rates, so everything was very fast, and fun, less grinding.
Here are the directions to getting free World of Warcraft.

Requirements:
About 6 free gigabites, 3 for the WoW game (its gigantic) and about 1.5 for free space and another 1.5 for the expansion the Burning Crusade. The expansion is optional (it's for lvl 61-70 and blood elves/dranei as a playable race).

1.)
http://www.toxic-wow.net/guide/#step0
This page links to both the regular WoW free client and the Burning Crusade download. You will download the trial client of WoW, but don't worry about it saying it will only give you an account for 10 days. You just want the downloads of the game. Through the next steps you will get a free account that will last for as long as the server does.
(Don't play on Toxic, that link is just for the download)

2.)
Once you download the game you need to let it download the patches up to at least 2.40 or 2.41 (the most recent one).
All downloads will take at least 6 hours in total, even with DSL/Cable.

3.)
Go to wowscape.net and make an account, click on server registration. You can look at your account from the control panel there. Make sure you add the control panel to your bookmarks, because if you die in game and can't rez easily or get stuck, you can go to this website and unstuck yourself, or rez yourself.

4.)
Go to my computer, then my programs. Then search for the World of Warcraft Folder, and open up the realmlist.wtf folder in a text editor like word pad or note pad. And replace the contents in that folder with this:
set realmlist logon.wowscape.net

Go to WoWscape.net for more directions and a forum community that can help you out there too. WoWcrack is their best server imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)