"Worst Kalos Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Design-wise, I hated Quilladin at first because it looked like Chespin got fat and dumb-looking, but I grew over it. Scatterbug is ugly, IMO. Avalugg is strange, it looks like a reptile and a half cutten glacier.

In competitive, I hate Dedenne. See other people for details.

And at first I thought Noivern was a Swoobat evolution. Don't ask why.

Honestly, I like all of the Kalos Pokemon to some extent. I tend to like Pokemon that are either cute/adorable or strange, and most of the new 'mon fit those criteria.

Dedenne is definitely wasted potential, though. I was really hoping he'd get Huge Power as a Hidden Ability, or at least Belly Drum, but alas. For now he'll just stand there and look cute.

Avalugg is strange, it looks like a reptile and a half cutten glacier.

And at first I thought Noivern was a Swoobat evolution. Don't ask why.
Noivern does look like a Swoobat evolution, honestly. They might have been able to pull the 'Swoobat evolves into Noivern' angle if Noivern had a huge heart-shaped nose. :o But Noivern is in the same boat as Swoobat; the only thing going for it is Speed, and everything else is lacklustre.

As for Avalugg, you aren't the only one who thinks that its' sprite looks unfinished. When I first saw the sprite before X and Y came out, I thought the sprite upload was broken or something. Its' markings make it look like roadkill, honestly. I think it might be signifying melting glaciers, perhaps? I dunno...

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aw man I love Avalugg, it looks hella badass. Probably one of my favourite designs this gen tbh

Jumping on the bandwagon about Dedenne though.. I don't really care about it's lackluster stats because all the pikaclones suffer from that. It's just massively ugly! OK sweet it has the circle things on it's cheeks like every pikachu knock-off, but then it has these whisker things growing out of them, and they're super thick too, they look more like actual fleshy growths rather than whiskers. His colour scheme is kinda off putting for me as well. The rest of the clones all have bright, happy colours and at least look friendly. Dedenne is this dark orange with black ears and tale. It just looks like some filthy rodent...

Don't like Slurpuff either. Normally for me a bit of derpiness adds to the cute factor but it's too over the top derpy for me

Diggersby creeps me the hell out too. Idk I just sorta freaked out when some random trainer sent one out and he sorta fell over and picked himself up with his ear-hands (that also look like they're covered in mud, probably from doing that many times). He also has a Homer Simpson beard and a dirty grin. It sorta looks like that thing around his belly is a towel and his hands are holding it up. I feel like he would spend his days standing in the front window of his house flashing people. Get that thing the hell off my game

I love Noivern. I agree about it being a bit lackluster in stats other than speed, but it's fine in-game. It is outclassed by other dragons, but Boomburst is awesome, and it kinda has its own niche. Haven't tried it in wifi yet though, but it was great for me in-game. I do wish at least its sp. attack was a bit higher, though.

Barbaracle is a cool concept, but I just can't get over the face-palms (lol) with the fat cheeks. Just too ugly for me. I saw it in a wifi battle once using Shell Smash and it destroyed everything. I just wish they made cool Pokemon like Pangoro actually good like that :/

I like Avalugg's design. It looks like an iceberg turtle that gets around by floating slowly in the ocean. Bergmite is adorable too.

I actually like Diggersby, non-ironically. I think the design is hilarious. It's like your drunk crazy uncle who never shaves and has a beer belly.

I knew someone who, prerelease, though that Dedenne was a Mega-evo for Raichu >_>

I think Quilladin is the ugliest thing ever. It doesn't resemble Chespin or Chesnaught at all. Quilladin is like an awkward teenager.

I knew someone who, prerelease, though that Dedenne was a Mega-evo for Raichu >_>

I think Quilladin is the ugliest thing ever. It doesn't resemble Chespin or Chesnaught at all. Quilladin is like an awkward teenager.
About half of the starters have weird first evolutions that make them seem like awkward teenagers. Look at Marshtomp, Prinplup or Pignite. I expect at least one starter per generation to be an awkward teen these days. =P

It's almost more rewarding when they finally evolve and look like adults.

Maybe its just me, but I don't get all the Slurpuff hate. It's actually my favorite Fairy-type (although that's not saying much). I don't mind his design at all and it sure is fun to troll people by winning with it. Its Unburden + Sitrus + Belly Drum sets should get some use at least in RU.

Maybe its just me, but I don't get all the Slurpuff hate. It's actually my favorite Fairy-type (although that's not saying much). I don't mind his design at all and it sure is fun to troll people by winning with it. Its Unburden + Sitrus + Belly Drum sets should get some use at least in RU.
Actually yea, this is the exact set I use for him. The one major downside is the rather small movepool.

Yea but still, he is not good compared to the other pokemon.
I think you're underestimating Diggersby quite a bit.

It has Huge Power and a higher base attack than Azumarill with STAB EQ/Quick Attack, as well as U-Turn and wild Charge for coverage, and he even gets spikes on top of that if that tickles your fancy.

Scatterbug is awkwardly shaped, but Spewpa is just all kinds of cute, so that makes up for it, it's like it's all wrapped up in a warm little blanky. Vivillion even more so.

I do like slurpuff, he's just a pain to evolve and easily dealt with competitively.

Rant time!
New Pokemon which designs are bad imo:

Quilladin/Chesnaught - Quilladin looks really derpy and I don't want to start on chesnaught lol
Braixen/Delphox - Braixen looks derpy too. Delphox is some weeeird robe-witch fox.
Diggersby - Just plain ugly
Flabebe/Florges - Both ugly, especially Florges.
Spritzee/Aromatrisse - God these things are creepy
Slurpuff - Creepy...
Binacle/Barbracle - Gawd these things are ugly
Helioptile - Derpy
Hawlucha - Not really bad but I want to point out how it looks like a Mexican wrestler
Dedenne - Just another pikaclone. I have personally hated all of the pikaclones except for minun because its blue and those damn cheeks are kinda hidden by minuses
Alvalugg - Wut
Mega Aerodactyl - They took a slightly ugly pokemon and covered it with black stones making it uglier.
Mega Heracross - Derpy
Mega Manetric - No. Just no.

New Pokemon which are bad imo competitively:

Dedenne - This this is absolute crap. Most pikaclones were weak but this thing...
Carbink - Wat
Amaura/Aurorus - Horrible typing
Most fairy types - Bad stats... Only new ones that have a chance are obv Xerneas, and klefki because of prankster.

Hawlucha - Not really bad but I want to point out how it looks like a Mexican wrestler
Well, it looks like a Mexican wrestler because... it's based on Mexican wrestlers. Hence the "Lucha" in its name.

I like Hawlucha, actually. Except for its mouth. I wish its mouth was the beak, not under it, because it makes it look less like a bird and more like a human-ish, which I don't really like.

And why is everyone hating on Mega Manectric? Sure, it looks odd, but I think it looks badass. And if you know what Japanese mythological beast Manectric is based off of, it makes sense.

Rant time!

Most fairy types - Bad stats... Only new ones that have a chance are obv Xerneas, and klefki because of prankster.
Florges and Sylveon are fantastic, and Aromatisse is amazing in doubles. Aromatisse is probably one of the best XY additions to the doubles metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)