wsc 25

RODAN

Banned deucer.
~*~The Smogon Weekly SpritingContest~*~

Because random symbols can make anything look better

Officially approved by Firestorm and Doomsday

Banner by jumpluff

Welcome one, welcome all to the one and only Smogon WSC! A Spiritng Contest (And Possibly an Art Contest if we can be bothered to make one) for all you aspiring digital artists to compete and improve your abilities.

This Week's Theme: TRIATHALON

Description: you must do all 3 of the following
- a fire retype of quagsire
- a fusion only containing quadrupeds
- a 3 headed fusion

Credit goes to Ninjabait - in effect as of Week 5:

General Rules

1. All Smogon Forum Rules Apply.

2. You're not allowed to ask when the next contest will be out, or when the next poll will be up.

3. If your entry is turned down, no whining, it broke the rules, get over it.

4. Stealing artwork is prohibited. If you are found to be stealing, you will be disqualified and banned from the current WSC contest, banned for five WSCs after two instances, and permanetly banned after three instances.

5. Have a question, or want to suggest a rule or theme? Feel free to post in the current WSC or PM a judge about it.

6. You are not allowed to reserve spots. There is not a limited amount of entries, and this just clogs up the thread with postcount++ posts, which are spam, if you haven't figured.

7. This isn't a comment thread. Quoting a sprite just to say that it looks good and contributing nothing to the topic, this is counted as spam. Constructive Criticism is exceptable, however.

8. If you have a problem, take it to PM. We don't want you spamming up the topic.

9. Please don't disrupt this thread (i.e. asking stupid questions repeatedly, trolling, etc). Repeated offenses can get you temporary bans from the WSC.

Pariticipation Rules

1. All entries must fit the theme. The Theme will be specified at the top of the first post.

2. All entries should fit the size restraints. A DPPHGSS styled sprite is 80x80, a GSCRSEFRLG styled sprite is 64x64, and a RBYG styled sprite is 54x54.

3. We'd prefer if your entry has a transparent background. It is still acceptable for a white background, though, it's just not preferred. If you want to make a sprite transparent, use the programs Paint.NET, Graphics Gale, GIMP, www.iaza.com, or Adobe Photoshop. MS Paint cannot make something transparent.

4. All entries should be saved as a .png for not animated weeks, and a .gif for animated weeks. .bmp and .jpg/.jpeg distort the qualit of the image, and program exclusive files cannot be uploaded to Photobucket, Imageshack, or Tinypic.

5. As a note about editing your entries: Editing is allowed, but only in small doses, such as small touch-ups to the outline, changing the colors, or shading fixes are acceptable. Completely changing your entry is not allowed.

Judge and Voting Rules and Notes

1. If you want to be a judge, just ask - simple enough. You will become a judge if all the other judges decide so, and/or if a judge doesn't mind subbing out.

2. Judges are allowed to enter the contests, but during judging, they are not allowed to nominate themselves for a poll spot, most humorous, or most original.

3. You are not allowed to vote for yourself on the poll. Anyone caught doing this will have their entry for the poll revoked, and the next runner up in the voting to take their place.

The Current Roster of Judges is:
Igor, XandZero2, Dhjona, Fuzzberry, Dogfish44 and AndroidEdd

Deadline

The deadline is February 28, 2010 at 4:30PM EST. You have seven (7) days to get your entry in. After the deadline, judges will pick finalists, and a poll will be started over the course of 3 days to decide the winner.

Prizes

-An inclusion in the Hall of Fame, and after 1, 2, 3, or 4 wins, you will get a medal, or trophy

Is it morbid? Yes.
Will it pretty much ensure I get Most Humorous or most original? Heck yes.

Quagsire retype: Well, it's FIRE-ing its lazor.
Quad Fusion: Heatran colors for the lazor and Tropius' body only. See? Only quadrupeds were used!
Three-headed fusion: Well, you guys said nothing about the state of the heads...Dodrio+Heatran+Doduo+Tropius.

-Torterra-Infernape-Feraligatr-

I feel the need to mention two things:

a. @Tornferngatr- That's supposed to be funny? Or original? I see stupid memes and minimal effort.
b. @KyleQuincy- Why do you always feel the need to have your head up dnlphm94's ass?

I feel the need to mention two things:

a. @Tornferngatr- That's supposed to be funny? Or original? I see stupid memes and minimal effort.
b. @KyleQuincy- Why do you always feel the need to have your head up dnlphm94's ass?
lol we are friends in real life and so we compete with each other haha I don't consider my head up his ass though XD

lol we are friends in real life and so we compete with each other haha I don't consider my head up his ass though XD
As someone who doesn't know either of you IRL, the fact that you're always bragging that you're better and posting directly after him makes your head seem far up there indeed. =P

I appreciate you not flaming me for calling you out. It would do you well to turn down the competitiveness just a little, though! ;)

P.S. You guys aren't supposed to post before your sprites are done. That's "reserving." Please edit your final entries into your posts! Thanks.

1)

Concept: Well, Quagsire is hot. :X
Sprites used: Rotom, Quagsire
Comments: Anyone for Quagsire waffles?

2)

Concept: Nothing really.
Sprites used: Poochyena, Arcanine, Jolteon.
Comments: Didn't enjoy this one.

3)

Concept: I thought of something with three heads, then thought of a Pokemon to go with that. Exeggutor and Beldum immediately sprung to mind. Castform was slightly... random if I do say so myself.
Sprites used: Castform, Exeggutor, Beldum.
Comments: I did enjoy this one.

1)

Concept: Well, Quagsire is hot. :X
Sprites used: Rotom, Quagsire
Comments: Anyone for Quagsire waffles?

2)

Concept: Nothing really.
Sprites used: Poochyena, Arcanine, Jolteon.
Comments: Didn't enjoy this one.

3)

Concept: I thought of something with three heads, then thought of a Pokemon to go with that. Exeggutor and Beldum immediately sprung to mind. Castform was slightly... random if I do say so myself.
Sprites used: Castform, Exeggutor, Beldum.
Comments: I did enjoy this one.
the last one is actually four headed so its like not following the rules

RODAN

Banned deucer.
I would like to announce that we have a new banner, mad by none other than jumpluff!

THANK YOU

Moltres just fit so well with Quagsire.
Vulpix+Rattata=Rattata with the effect that its back is closer than the front. I thought it was neat.
It actually scares me that I did something like this. Oh Lord I have sinned.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.

A genie/fire Quagsire!
Quagsire, Camerupt, Diglett, Torkoal, Magcargo and Charmander

Here's the quadruped!
Raikou, Tauros

Lol
Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Rotom

I don't see a problem. They aren't using the same Pokemon, and even if they were they went about it in totally different fashions. Othfx used a Raikou body (I think) and the heads of a Houndoom. The Hybrid simply used Houndour for his. You also have to take into account the fact that Cerberus is one of the first things that pops into people's minds when they think three headed creature. So yes, coincidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)