Xerneas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
AG, neutral Moonblast does more than Super-Effective Tbolt, It gives a 1.3x boost.

Has anyone run any calcs with Psyshock vs. Ho-oh and/or Physical Poison Arceus?
Someone calced it before on Ho-Oh, it does like 60% or so, you'll need to weaken it or lay down Rocks. Poison Arceus I'm not sure of the exact calcs but a +2 Psyshock will do bunches even to a max def one.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it worth it to lose your item slot to get a 1 turn Double Quiver Dance? I don't know. I think you could still try running Geomancy on a non-PH set - switch in on an Outrage, start the setup as their move winds down, finish it as they switch in whatever they have to try to deal with the threat.

I note that CB Scizor may not be AS common in Ubers this gen, due to the added defensive might that his Mega Evolution brings.
Use the item slot for +2/+2/+2? Of course it's worth it. Just think that +2 is stronger than a +1 @ Life Orb (+2 is 2x power, +1@LO is x1.95 power), plus you're getting to +2SpD and +2Spe (the difference between +2 Speed and +1 Speed is incredible for a Pokemon with 90~ Speed-- it's the difference between being outsped by scarfers and Deoxys, and outspeeding literally everything). Is it worth an item slot? Hell yes. The opportunity cost of not using something like Leftovers or LO (the two most standard items) is no where near the value of all that extra power, bulk, and the huge difference in Speed.

A noob question please

Shoud I keep this Xerneas?

Modest

192/123/115/166/108/119

Or more SR for better HP and Sp.Def :S Please help I dont really have the experience to decide :(

Thankyou

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
A noob question please

Shoud I keep this Xerneas?

Modest

192/123/115/166/108/119

Or more SR for better HP and Sp.Def :S Please help I dont really have the experience to decide :(

Thankyou
just use ps and play with the iv's a little to see what ivs your xerneas might have and decide from there. Overall as long as you get the 3 max iv's in hp/SpA/spd you should be fine.

My best spread so far SRing was 31/23/23/31/27/31...
Adamant nature. RRRRGH

I was thinking that with Xerneas' great physical movepool, it could run something of a CB lure set (not for mine due to the lower IV of course)

Xerneas @ Choice Band
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Close Combat
-Night Slash
-(Horn Leech/Megahorn/No STAB/Nothing 2x vs. fairies/lolwut u noob this never wurk)

Yeah... I know. Just an idea.

Might have to see what possible counters get poison/steel moves, I'd think that Steel Arceus with Roar and Judgment could counter this thing- phazing the Geomancy set and KO'ing everything else.

With Geomancy I'm banking on Focus Blast missing, of course. Does this thing have any counters...?

Also, has anyone considered using Flash Cannon on Xerneas to counter itself? My thought would be that Fairy/Fighting/Psychic coverage unresisted by anything bar Victini and Delphox (lulz) is too good to pass up, but it could be an option.

Ghost/Fighting is still unresisted this gen. Amazing.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think a purely physical Xerneas set would do too well. Unless it gets Play Rought (I don't think it does), Xerneas won't get the STAB + Fairy Aura boost, which sorta defeats the purpose of using it in my opinion. HOWEVER, I am a bit interested in a mixed set with Close Combat. If Chansey / Blissey usage rises in response to Power Herb Xerneas, I can see the mixed set being more of a pain for defensive teams to handle.

I don't think a purely physical Xerneas set would do too well. Unless it gets Play Rought (I don't think it does), Xerneas won't get the STAB + Fairy Aura boost, which sorta defeats the purpose of using it in my opinion. HOWEVER, I am a bit interested in a mixed set with Close Combat. If Chansey / Blissey usage rises in response to Power Herb Xerneas, I can see the mixed set being more of a pain for defensive teams to handle.
I think there is no reason to use Close Combat

even u got V on atk and not a -atk nature

u will do 298*120*2*42 on Chansey = 40~48% only , CANT 2HKO

but focus blast will do 397*120*2*2*42 on Chansey = 52-62% , CAN 2HKO

and even u just use moon blast on it , u still have 55% to 2HKO it when stealth rock on~

this calc is base on fairy aura 1.3* , if it got higher , then more hard to stop it with chansey

and also substitute is really good for Xerneas vs chansey

Last edited:
I made one of my own power herb geomancy sets before I saw this and it did pretty well. Xerneas can also be a pretty potent mixed attacker with this, and i put some ev's into attack and put horn leech on, to keep it lasting a bit longer, so if you want a bit more versatility against a specially defensive pokemon you could put horn leech in.

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think there is no reason to use Close Combat

even u got V on atk and not a -atk nature

u will do 298*120*2*42 on Chansey = 40~48% only , CANT 2HKO

but focus blast will do 397*120*2*2*42 on Chansey = 52-62% , CAN 2HKO

and even u just use moon blast on it , u still have 55% to 2HKO it when stealth rock on~

this calc is base on fairy aura 1.3* , if it got higher , then more hard to stop it with chansey

and also substitute is really good for Xerneas vs chansey
I think you misunderstood where I was coming from. I wasn't talking about using Close Combat on a Power Herb set. That would be pretty weak! I'm talking more about some sort of Life Orb Xerneas set. While Power Herb is obviously the better sweeper, it also has the most to lose from making a mistake, since you only have one real shot of setting up. Even if you decided to use Calm Mind on a Life Orb Xerneas, you'd only have a small chance of 2HKOing max Special Defense Chansey (The Chansey you will usually see in Ubers) after Stealth Rock. Meanwhile, even -Atk Close Combat with Life Orb is a guaranteed 2HKO on Chansey. I'm thinking that a Life Orb Xerneas has more room for error, so I'm interested in trying it.

hi everyone, just got a timid xerneas with this stats:
HP 201
Att 126
Def 115
SpA 151
SpD 108
Spe 130
should I keep this? I know probably Modest will be superior, but I'm tired of soft resetting :P
And what about stats? At this point in the game you can't check for IV's...

Theorymon

Hmm I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but Xerneas actually gets Ingrain. That might have potential on the Geomancy set if you can afford to lose coverage, since it would let you own some phazers such as Specially Defensive Kyogre. It'll make Xerneas lose even harder against Ageislash though!

Goodness...been SRing and finally just gave up trying to get perfect IVs for Xerneas. Hopefully something out there will help me modify in-game (because I go OCD crazy when it isn't perfect; overachiever, I know), because there is no way I am going to spend a further 8 hours of my time not studying for exams. (IV spread is 28/x/22/31/31/31, btw. Hopefully that is good according to your individual standards.)

I digress. A question...how much Speed EVs should the Modest Xerneas invest in? I understand that it can outspeed Scarfers after Geomancy, but there are those like Darkrai and such that are very much out of reach.

Goodness...been SRing and finally just gave up trying to get perfect IVs for Xerneas. Hopefully something out there will help me modify in-game (because I go OCD crazy when it isn't perfect; overachiever, I know), because there is no way I am going to spend a further 8 hours of my time not studying for exams. (IV spread is 28/x/22/31/31/31, btw. Hopefully that is good according to your individual standards.)

I digress. A question...how much Speed EVs should the Modest Xerneas invest in? I understand that it can outspeed Scarfers after Geomancy, but there are those like Darkrai and such that are very much out of reach.
I have a similar question, I'm going to SR for my Xerneas soon. Should I go for a Special attack Xerneas (seems the best) or do you guys think that physical will be the way to go?
I have a Modest sync Ralts but I'm not sure which EVs I should give Xerneas. Someone said that Def > HP but I have never played competitively and I dont know if thats true.
Also, which IVs should be 31 for a Modest Xerneas?

All except for SDef if you want a simulator-like experience, you need HP and Def for the physical bulk and SAtk and Speed for your offense and not losing EVs to put into Def. So 31/x/31/31/25+/31 with a split of 148 Def / 252 SAtk / 108 speed; which lets you survive CB Scizor's Bullet Punch while you can't survive it with 148 in HP.

Just caught Xerneas with a Timid nature (after a day of trying) with the Iv's of: 29/1/30/31/31/9. I'm quite chuffed. Once It's used Geomancy in the VGC battles it's allowed in, it will probably be a good sweeper despite the small amount of speed Iv's...

All except for SDef if you want a simulator-like experience, you need HP and Def for the physical bulk and SAtk and Speed for your offense and not losing EVs to put into Def. So 31/x/31/31/25+/31 with a split of 148 Def / 252 SAtk / 108 speed; which lets you survive CB Scizor's Bullet Punch while you can't survive it with 148 in HP.
Well, doing some calcs and research, I think it is obvious that the Geomancy set is ridiculous. Nothing bar BP Scizor and ES users can touch Xerneas after the boost when it has the right IV/EV spread. Not only that, it tears things up like tissue paper. Anything else I am missing, perhaps?

My Xerneas is

Modest

192/135/115/166/114/119

I am planning on using power herb geomancy. Does the lack of health really screw it over? It has perfect IV's in defense though.

My Xerneas is

Modest

192/135/115/166/114/119

I am planning on using power herb geomancy. Does the lack of health really screw it over? It has perfect IV's in defense though.
I'd say that the HP stat wont be that much of a killer to Xerneas. as you can see above, mine has pretty good IV's everywhere apart from Speed. Intrestingly I think PH Geomancy is a popular choice.... Or will be....

How do people get the IVs for their legendary while soft resetting?

Especially speed, you can't know if you have 31 or 30 IVs if you have 3 other stats that could also be max IV.

Formula for stats:
Stat = [(IV + (Basestat x 2) x LvL) + 5] / 100 x Nature
Both Xerneas' and Yveltals base Speed is 99.

Which for lvl 50 legendary gives, for 31 Speed IVs:
Neutral Nature: 119.5, gets rounded down to 119.
Beneficial Nature: 130.9, gets rounded down to 130. (Note, that the stat will get rounded down, before factoring in nature)

And for 30 Speed IVs:
Neutral: 119
Beneficial: 130

Exactly the same.
You can't see, just from the stats, if your lvl 50 Legendary with (seemingly) 4+ perfect IVs has 31 or 30 Speed.

Hey can anyone please tell me if this is good enough and i can stop after 3 hours of soft reset
any opinion/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thing is i'm not ever 100% sure these are even perfect ivs im just following what was posted somewhere else.

This should be 31 in all IVs except special defence and speed.

My Xerneas:
Modest nature
201 HP
135 Attack
115 Defence
166 Sp. Atk
112 Sp. Def
118 Speed

and apperently posted somewhere else was the stats for a perfect IV modest Xerneas (are his stats really 31 in all IVs because it seems the speed is a bit low?).

which was:
Modest nature
201 HP
135 Attack
115 Defence
166 Sp. Atk
118 Sp. Def
119 Speed

Last edited:
How do people get the IVs for their legendary while soft resetting?

Especially speed, you can't know if you have 31 or 30 IVs if you have 3 other stats that could also be max IV.

Formula for stats:
Stat = [(IV + (Basestat x 2) x LvL) + 5] / 100 x Nature
Both Xerneas' and Yveltals base Speed is 99.

Which for lvl 50 legendary gives, for 31 Speed IVs:
Neutral Nature: 119.5, gets rounded down to 119.
Beneficial Nature: 130.9, gets rounded down to 130. (Note, that the stat will get rounded down, before factoring in nature)

And for 30 Speed IVs:
Neutral: 119
Beneficial: 130

Exactly the same.
You can't see, just from the stats, if your lvl 50 Legendary with (seemingly) 4+ perfect IVs has 31 or 30 Speed.
Just give it a EV erase-super training and a rare candy after the battle. On level 51, the speed stat is determined.

Hey can anyone please tell me if this is good enough and i can stop after 3 hours of soft reset
any opinion/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thing is i'm not ever 100% sure these are even perfect ivs im just following what was posted somewhere else.

This should be 31 in all IVs except special defence and speed.

My Xerneas:
Modest nature
201 HP
135 Attack
115 Defence
166 Sp. Atk
112 Sp. Def
118 Speed

and apperently posted somewhere else was the stats for a perfect IV modest Xerneas (are his stats really 31 in all IVs because it seems the speed is a bit low?).

which was:
Modest nature
201 HP
135 Attack
115 Defence
166 Sp. Atk
118 Sp. Def
119 Speed
The stats are correct. Mine is 31/24/31/30/31/31 (checked by calculator and by judge, speed is last) and it had exactly these (save for attack, naturally) - especially speed, which you're worrying about. You can keep the one above since it doesn't require max speed anyway, just put a bit more EVs from the split I posted on the last side into it.

Last edited:
Possible checks :

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 209-246 (51.73 - 60.89%) -- 2HKO
(needs TWave + Iron Head to check it ofc)
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 288-339 (79.12 - 93.13%) -- guaranteed 2HKO with Stealth Rock
(176+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Espeon: 368-434 (93.4 - 110.15%) -- OHKO with Stealth Rock)
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Mega Scizor: 255-300 (74.12 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO with Stealth Rock
(Bullet Punch 2HKO)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wanna play this thing so bad, but have no clue what to user her with. What Pokemon in Ubers tend to complement her well?
Xerneass obvious wants some hazard support in order to KO Skarmory and Ho-Oh, two Pokemon that otherwise survive Geomancy Thunderbolt (Skarmory with Sturdy) and can phaze it out, leaving it a little useless afterwards because it exhausted its Power Herb. Fast Stealth Rocks can be quickly layed down by Groudon or Dialga, if we're talking Ubers here. You may also want to consider getting offensive support for walls and checks such as Metagross and the pink blobs, as they still survive Moonblast and can cripple or KO somehow. So as long as you try playing Xerneas mid-to-late game, you should be fine. It functions best as a late-game sweeper if we're going with the standard Geomancy | Moon Blast | Thunderbolt | Focus Blast / Substitute spread with a modest nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)