Other XY Icon Compendium

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here is the link to download them all

Thanks to jean_francois on twitter I have a lovely full update and better optimization: https://t.co/mSQc59ibMj

On smogon they are using this address : http://www.smogon.com/dex/media/sprites/xyicons/plusle.png

This project is mainly for those elite few with capture cards to help collect all the icons from XY. These will be either collected personally from our own users or from other sources that are explicitly free to use.

Some requirements:
-The icons should be collected only from the PC box ingame and not the pokedex, the pokedex does not have the same clean quality
-Icon size is 40*32 with a transparent background
-For the most part people with capture cards can just dump images of their PC box so that I or other volunteers can make individual files out of every mon
-Those of us without capture cards should try not to bother those that do with single requests, giant 30 box trades are better.

Here is the chart with all of the icons I currently have, and which ones certain users are obtaining: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ajZIQnJPVFZ1N2pHQlgtQnprRXc&usp=sharing#gid=0

current total: 820/852

Missing: All Unown not A, Deerling/Sawsbuck alt forms.

Contributors:
Layell: Chart Guy, Guy Who Rips pictures into files
ium: Mass Screenshotter, National Dex Completionist
Antar: Researcher, Screenshotter, Didn't Intend to use the Capture Card for this.
Zhorken: Gets me the mons I don't want to get, double checking all mistakes
MeleeMewtwo: Checking for mistakes when implementing these icons on r/pokemon flair bot.
On smogon they are all here: http://www.smogon.com/media/sprites/xy/mini/

Last edited:
people who don't have a 3ds capture card can still help with gathering icons from pokemon xy by:
1. ripping icons from other peoples' screenshots and saving them as individual high quality .png files
2. collecting pokemon and letting people who have capture cards screenshot them via trade (help me complete my pokedex :-))

send me a pm if you want to lend me pokemon that aren't in my pokedex and/or haven't been ripped yet so i can take screenshots. would prefer if it was done in a batch and not one at a time

I don't know if you are using outside sources, but Serebii's Pokedex has the icon of almost every available Pokemon right now.

I didn't see updated ones for...
  • Tentacruel
  • Aggron
  • Volcarona
  • Slowbro
  • Marill line
  • Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, and Politoed
  • Rotom-H
  • Lotad line
  • Wormadam S/G
  • Sewaddle
  • Stunfisk
  • Fartfetch'd
  • Kecleon
  • Gallade
  • Croagunk line
  • Scrafty
I'm pretty sure that's it

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Serebii got rips from the dex with that dumb dot overlay, and doesn't generally enjoy people taking his site work. Because of that the rips can be identified as his content.

anyways ours will be betters, here is our pangoro against a serebii one.

Sure it'll take a bit longer but I think the quality is worth it.

VN that source is also from the pokedex so I'd prefer not using them either.

Here's what I've got. Grabbed at 1x dot-by-dot.

Edit: sorry for the double-attachments. XenForo screwed up on me.

Attachments

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
oof just finished Antar's will do ium's latest in a bit. I did notice ium's end up a bit brighter than Antar's but it shouldn't be noticeable really unless you have the exact same ones side by side.

ok ium's latest iss done

My latest count is 356 ripped.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Current count 385

Antar could you:

Weedle > Kakuna
Abra > Kadabra
Breed Electrobe > Get Voltorb
also grab a Caterpie > Metapod (salatune forest)

ium could you:

Charmander > Charmeleon
Dratini > Dragonair

I'm going to grab a few Safari people to speed that process up, then ium and I can pull another mass trade :D

new count 413.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Ok so I've got another box full new of stuff for user ium but knowing how things are many of them might already be in that PC. But they are ready and waiting.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
ium I do have another two boxes or so of new stuff for you, though I do know you're busy. Anything with my name in the chart I do have ready.

I might be able to do some trades tomorrow, Antar I also have a box ready for you if available to do a mass trade this weekend, I don't know how much you collect either but just posting your new
boxes can't hurt cause I have most of the stuff we have memorized.
(GTS trade hype, catching them all)

I already talked about this with Layell, but I'm from veekun and we're interested in having icons of alterate forms, even the visual-only ones. If you can do the screenshotting, I can provide the Pokémon and help with the "getting icons out of screenshots" part.

Specifically:
  • Vivillon's patterns, Flabébé line's flowers, female Pyroar — I have all these
  • Furfrou's trims — it loses its trim if you put it in the box, but we can try trading it party-to-party, and if that doesn't work I can still trade a bunch of shaggy ones to speed things up somewhat
  • Blade Aegislash and Neutral Xerneas — I gather you have these, but I've got them too if need be

I'd want all of these back though (except the Furfrous, you can keep those). I assume we can figure out the placement for Blade Aegislash by comparing it with a similar screenshot of Shield Aegislash.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I can also trade any Gen 1-5 Pokémon you're looking for. (I wouldn't need those back either.)

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
I already talked about this with Layell, but I'm from veekun and we're interested in having icons of alterate forms, even the visual-only ones. If you can do the screenshotting, I can provide the Pokémon and help with the "getting icons out of screenshots" part.

Specifically:
  • Vivillon's patterns, Flabébé line's flowers, female Pyroar — I have all these
  • Furfrou's trims — it loses its trim if you put it in the box, but we can try trading it party-to-party, and if that doesn't work I can still trade a bunch of shaggy ones to speed things up somewhat
  • Blade Aegislash and Neutral Xerneas — I gather you have these, but I've got them too if need be

I'd want all of these back though (except the Furfrous, you can keep those). I assume we can figure out the placement for Blade Aegislash by comparing it with a similar screenshot of Shield Aegislash.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I can also trade any Gen 1-5 Pokémon you're looking for. (I wouldn't need those back either.)
Oh I have Neutral Xerneas lying around, I'll send it with a new batch. We are nearly done Kanto and really I'm only missing the legendary birds. We can provide a Kanto update soon.

Same with the ones VN posted, those are from the pokedex it seems and the quality is thus really bad. Notice someone like Piloswine and the blocks on him.

Oh, right, I meant to ask about the Pokédex dots thing too. Some of the icons from that .rar you gave us have dots (e.g. Avalugg, Noivern, Pyroar); do you have ones without dots?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Oh, right, I meant to ask about the Pokédex dots thing too. Some of the icons from that .rar you gave us have dots (e.g. Avalugg, Noivern, Pyroar); do you have ones without dots?
Hmm yeah I see what you mean, which is weird. I've done a quick run through of the 400 I have in total and it does seem limited to some of the kalos ones, which is weird. I'll keep track and see if another screen capture will assist with that. It might be because I ripped some of them from the party, but there doesn't appear to be more than 10 that have the problem. Should be an easy fix.

As a note though not all the sprites have what I call 'perfect pixel capture', some of the black outline on even our best captures have minor variances in colours, it's impossible to tell though so I'm not going through and fixing it, although an index mode on photoshop and the correct number of colours could fix that, it wouldn't change file size or quality at all.

Oh, yeah, I noticed that. I have a different idea, though. I made a grayscale gradient and looked at it in the 3DS browser. It appears as 32 bands, so I'm assuming the 3DS still does colours with five bits per channel, in which case we can probably weed out the minor variances by just re-rounding all the colours.

MBCMechachu

formerly Pikafan2000
is an Artist
Oh, yeah, I noticed that. I have a different idea, though. I made a grayscale gradient and looked at it in the 3DS browser. It appears as 32 bands, so I'm assuming the 3DS still does colours with five bits per channel, in which case we can probably weed out the minor variances by just re-rounding all the colours.
I kind of thought this would help.
http://pikafan2000.deviantart.com/a...new=10%3A1385934365&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1
I am recently in the middle of making a Pokemon spritedex so to speak with these menu icons. It took me a very long time to get each one. However some of them are the icons used in the gen 4 & 5 games due to the fact that Pokemon Bank doesn't come out until later on in December so they wont be much of help. A few are even icons used in the gen 4 & 5 games but have been given an alternate color scheme to them in order to fit with their pixelized battle sprite counterparts.
Friend Codes I have collected:
My own: 2466-2638-4498
Others:
Kurisu: 4227-1099-9429 (Psychic Type)
Joey: 2595-0503-8567
Toni: 3711-8249-1487
4785-5000-4143
1504-6889-1537
3067-5918-5972
Dark: 0576-3914-1312
MwWill: 3797-6512-2445
Soulvian: 0189-8863-7759
Silcraft: 1521-3552-9017
Integral: 1418-7207-0579
Cerulebell: 0817-3864-9785
Xondo: 0302-0174-1632
mulvone19: 3668-8337-9158
Mennaknight: 3110-5138-6510
Icee Cube: 3625-9224-7644
Afbadjoras: 5472-6091-5492
ramon: 3179-6086-5869
Manny: 1650-2230-6540
KitKat: 5284-1667-8602
Yeyo: 1134-8734-1917
Quilaviper: 3668-9047-8872

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Hmm ium Antar

I may have figured out an easy way to mass collect some icons, and it's through battle videos.

Would it be easier to for example provide a video link such as XQEW-WWWW-WWW3-NJCY and get the icons ripped from the summary screen? Once I get my XL this might be easy for me to just upload 12 mons at a time and we don't always have to meet up to trade.

Yeah, that would be easier, Layell, but how are you going to get more than one mega per team? Or is this not megas we're talking about? Also make sure the icons don't overlap--I haven't seen battle video previews in X&Y yet, but IIRC in Gen V the Pokes were right on top of each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)