XY Metagame Speculation [SPOILERS ITT]

If yveltal is base 90 speed like other cover legends and has anything short of spectacular defenses then it'll have a rough time with 100% accurate thunders we all know and love. Also being sr weak hurts quite abit.
If even a fat penis whit heel shoes like Palkia can outrun the whole unboosted metagame bar Arceus and Skymin, i can't see why a bird that screams GOTTAGOFAST from every side can't have 105 speed or even higher. Also Bolt Strike seems a special move from the animation of the actual games, but it's a physical move.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man Wigglytuff looks like it can be a really good Pokemon in XY Ubers. Normal/Fairy means it can switch into a lot of Dragons with ease, while being potentially a really good Ghostceus counter.

Wigglytuff has awful 140/45/50 defenses and even more awful 70/75/50. For sure he has the typing, but the stats does not help it :/ Blissey and even Clefable, others ideal candidates for a Normal/Fairy typing, can do anything that Wigglytuff can, but better.

Speaking of Normal types, GenVI is going to introduce this

An Electric-Normal type, whit DRY SKIN. Thanks to these traits he could be able to beat BOTH Kyogre and Ghostceus, two S-Rank Pokémon. Nothingh to laugh at, unless your name is Groudon, a mon which turns Dry Skin into a liability, because of the sunlight he summons. Still an interesting Pokémon, I hope that he has good stats.
Oh, and the move he's using in the picture is an Electric type Giga Drain, which also hits both opponents in a Double battle :O . Thunder is probably better in singles, thought.

Man Wigglytuff looks like it can be a really good Pokemon in XY Ubers. Normal/Fairy means it can switch into a lot of Dragons with ease, while being potentially a really good Ghostceus counter.
Maybe not all. Latios 2HKOs with Soul Dew Psyshock, Palkia 2HKOs with Surf in rain (Hydro Pump outside of rain), Zekrom one-shots it with Bolt Strike,Kyu-W 2HKOs with Specs Ice Beam. That being said, its immune to both of Giratina-O's STABs so that will be fun.

Wigglytuff has awful 140/45/50 defenses and even more awful 70/75/50. For sure he has the typing, but the stats does not help it :/ Blissey and even Clefable, others ideal candidates for a Normal/Fairy typing, can do anything that Wigglytuff can, but better.

Speaking of Normal types, GenVI is going to introduce this

An Electric-Normal type, whit DRY SKIN. Thanks to these traits he could be able to beat BOTH Kyogre and Ghostceus, two S-Rank Pokémon. Nothingh to laugh at, unless your name is Groudon, a mon which turns Dry Skin into a liability, because of the sunlight he summons. Still an interesting Pokémon, I hope that he has good stats.
Oh, and the move he's using in the picture is an Electric type Giga Drain, which also hits both opponents in a Double battle :O . Thunder is probably better in singles, thought.
Interesting, though by the the looks of that Pokemon I'm not sure how will it take a Specs Ogre Ice Beam or a +1 Focus Blast from Ghosty.

Mh, notice also that ShadowSludge(Ghost or Dark+Poison coverage) now is going to be basically the new BoltBeam, whit Tyranitar and Bisharp being the only two noteworthy Pokémon to resist both. In OU Gengar really loves to have STAB on both, and also Darkrai and Arceus Ghost in our favourite tier can make good use of Sludge Bomb as a coverage option, expecially Darkrai which otherwise would struggle against Fairies. The high poison chanche of Sludge Bomb is a sweet bonus for crippling a wall, too :P.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Mh, notice also that ShadowSludge(Ghost or Dark+Poison coverage) now is going to be basically the new BoltBeam, whit Tyranitar and Bisharp being the only two noteworthy Pokémon to resist both. In OU Gengar really loves to have STAB on both, and also Darkrai and Arceus Ghost in our favourite tier can make good use of Sludge Bomb as a coverage option, expecially Darkrai which otherwise would struggle against Fairies. The high poison chanche of Sludge Bomb is a sweet bonus for crippling a wall, too :p.
Actually, Ghost/Fighting still gives you perfect coverage, but Dark/Fighting is trash now with Fairy. I guess Dark/Poison or Dark/Steel would be it now? It's far from what Dark/Fighting could do this gen.

And for most Ghost types without Judgement or Shadow Force I don't think their STAB will be strong enough with Shadow Ball. Hopefully some stronger Ghost type attacks come out.

Actually, Ghost/Fighting still gives you perfect coverage, but Dark/Fighting is trash now with Fairy. I guess Dark/Poison or Dark/Steel would be it now? It's far from what Dark/Fighting could do this gen.

And for most Ghost types without Judgement or Shadow Force I don't think their STAB will be strong enough with Shadow Ball. Hopefully some stronger Ghost type attacks come out.
The main issue whit Ghost+Fighting is that you have to rely of the bad accuracy of Focus Blast, a disadvantage that Sludge Bomb hasn't. Focus Blast's main use was to hit Steel types, but now that also Shadow Ball could do the same(most Steel types are neutral to Fighting)...

Manaphy

The main issue whit Ghost+Fighting is that you have to rely of the bad accuracy of Focus Blast, a disadvantage that Sludge Bomb hasn't. Focus Blast's main use was to hit Steel types, but now that also Shadow Ball could do the same(most Steel types are neutral to Fighting)...
Yes but you're still not killing the majority of Steel types, Shadow Ball is simply not powerful enough to OHKO many things neutrally. Focus Blast may suck but it allows you to OHKO stuff like Ferrothorn and Heatran.
(most Steel types are neutral to Fighting)...
Not all Steel types are Scizor and Jirachi bud.

I think I will be running Expert Belt Dialga and Arceus Ghost will be even better with the new type chart if Yveltal doesn't get the necessary moves/stats to check such things as Mewtwo and Ghosts.

What about Adamant Orb? You get to keep a consistent buff on your Dragon and Steel STABs. (although, Dragons may rely more on their coverage moves what with immunities around)

Tentacruel will be... a solid rapid spinner. I would probably use scald/sludge bomb/knock off/rapid spi. If we get fairy dark or dark poison, they seriously fuck with ghost cues and have perfect coverage (the latter not completely.). An excellent counter to mewtwo, deoxys-attack, arceus-ghost, giratina, lugia. A good check to all dragons.

Tentacruel is a really solid mon in this gen too, I don't think it will be that much better, it has a nice niche on rain stall. And more half of those threats you mentioned (Mewtwo, Deoxys-A, Arc-Ghost) aren't even countered by the standard set...

Yveltal looks like he could be a fast strong sweeper since he is the destruction pokemon, while Xerneas can be the more bulky type. I randomly speculate what their stats would be and I thought it would be pretty cool if Yveltal can have 140 base speed, 85 special defense, 30 special attack, 85 defense, 200 attack, and 140 HP. That way he would be a fast power house with a bit of bulk. While Xearneas can have 85 speed, 140 special defense, 200 special attack, 140 defense, 30 attack, and 85 HP. So it would be in contrast to Yveltal as a slow/strong bulky special attacker. I hope the stats of these two legendaries would be similiar to these. A fast banded Yveltal with a powerful stab pysical dark type signtature move will destroy almost anything in conjunction with dark auro, but this is all wishful thinking.

A scrappy rapid spinner would be nice as well.

Lol a cover legend with less than 90 in any particular stat, much less 30. The only exception is Suicune and its 580 BST is far less than the standard 670+ (also, Gen 2 lacked a third 670+ legend).

I think Adamant Orb Dialga could be a decent option, mainly for a mixed or tank set. Draco / Fire Blast / Thunder / Iron Tail seems appropriate. Iron Tail is obviously less than is optimal, but should Blissey gain the Fairy type (it looks the part and is in the Fairy egg group), the attack is overkill and OHKOs. Even Eviolite Chansey has a 66% chance of being OHKOd by the attack, which was Outrage's main goal anyway.

If using full special Dialga, Specs Flash Cannon 2HKOs 4 / Max+ Blissey 76% of the time. The only problem is that steel is pretty shitty for hitting a plethora of other pokemon such as Palkia or Ho-Oh. Dialga is going to become alot more appreciative of rain from now on so that it has Thunder as an option for Kyogre, Ho-Oh, and others that Flash Cannon just can't touch.

Yveltal looks like he could be a fast strong sweeper since he is the destruction pokemon, while Xerneas can be the more bulky type. I randomly speculate what their stats would be and I thought it would be pretty cool if Yveltal can have 140 base speed, 85 special defense, 30 special attack, 85 defense, 200 attack, and 140 HP. That way he would be a fast power house with a bit of bulk. While Xearneas can have 85 speed, 140 special defense, 200 special attack, 140 defense, 30 attack, and 85 HP. So it would be in contrast to Yveltal as a slow/strong bulky special attacker. I hope the stats of these two legendaries would be similiar to these. A fast banded Yveltal with a powerful stab pysical dark type signtature move will destroy almost anything in conjunction with dark auro, but this is all wishful thinking.

A scrappy rapid spinner would be nice as well.
Can you even write some realistic stats? ._.

What about the two uber Pokémon able to MegaEvolve, Mewtwo and Blaziken?

Imho Mewtwo Y and Blaziken are crap, they require so damn high and unrealistic attacking stats for matching the power of their base forms whit a Life Orb. At least MegaBlaziken can use Baton Pass whit Speed Boost.

Mewtwo X seems amazing, thought. By his appearance, new typing and the addition of Hi Jump Kick to his movepool he seems to be a very strong physical attacker, most likley whit SpAtk and Atk swapped. Mewtwo has also a surprisingly wide physical movepool, which includes Zen Headbutt, Stone Edge, Aqua Tail, the elemental punches and Hi Jump Kick, the latter added in the 6th gen. He can even boost his attack whit Bulk Up :O . An interesting option could also be a mixed set, assuming that Mewtwo X can turn back to his normal form during the battle. Such a set would most likely have Hi Jump Kick, Stone Edge or Aqua Tail, Psychic(PsyStrike is pointless when you have Hi Jump Kick for hitting physical walls) and a filler special move, such as Ice Beam, Fire Blast or Hurricane(yes, he gets Hurricane via event). The main issue whit a mixed set is that the lack of Life Orb hurts :/

Outside of the obvious, herp derp Speed Boost + Baton Pass MegaBlaziken, it's really hard to theorymon on how these guys will turn out. We have absolutely no idea or past pattern to guess at what their base stats will be like besides the vague "higher X stat". Mewtwo X's typing is cool but seeing as Psychic types were already some of the best checks to him I don't think it'll shake things up too much. (Plus Fairies will give a hit to all those Fighting types) Psychic also lacks strong STAB choices on the physical side so I don't think it'll be as dangerous as ClassicTwo already is with his Psystrike.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mewtwo will need a huge attack boost in order to make physical X better than special X. In all honestly the only benefit that's immediately noticeable is mewtwo x doesn't fear gene anymore. Though hjk is alright as a filler move. Luckily psychic/fighting already has pretty decent coverage.

Mewtwo will need a huge attack boost in order to make physical X better than special X. In all honestly the only benefit that's immediately noticeable is mewtwo x doesn't fear gene anymore. Though hjk is alright as a filler move. Luckily psychic/fighting already has pretty decent coverage.
Actually Mewtwo X is probably going to swap his offensive stats, somethingh like 154 Atk and 110 SpAtk, so pure physical or mixed sets(the latter only if you can unevolve when you want) are arguably much more viable than special sets. Mewtwo X is basically Meloetta on steroids, having all of her advantages but none of her downsides.

Manaphy

Actually Mewtwo X is probably going to swap his offensive stats, somethingh like 154 Atk and 110 SpAtk, so pure physical or mixed sets(the latter only if you can unevolve when you want) are arguably much more viable than special sets. Mewtwo X is basically Meloetta on steroids, having all of her advantages but none of her downsides.
Actually you have no idea if that's going to happen at all. Stats are literally the one thing we can't predict that much.

It'll be interesting to see if any of these Mega Evolutions have any use at all. Mewtwo X should at least get something due to the obvious new focus on Attack and the Fighting type but on Blaziken and Mewtwo Y i'm just not sure if the loss of item is worth it.

Mega Blaziken is definitely worth it. Normal Blaziken can't do Speed Boost + Baton Pass because all the DW Blazikens are male. However, you can take a Blaze Baton Pass Blaziken and make it a Mega Blaziken with Speed Boost by giving it the mega stone to hold.

Haruno

No source whatsoever backing up what you say. All that's been said is mewtwo X is getting an attack boost

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No source approves this, but the tactic is pretty simple: get a Torchic with Speed Boost, evolve it to Blaziken, and evolve it mid-battle to Mega Blaziken. By the info we have now, this is possible. Yet, GF could toy with us and limit the moveset and screw our plans completely.

I will make a pretty big post with the new leak if it's worth it n_n

I wonder what Geomancy (Xerneas signature move) does and if Yveltal's sgnature move works like Sky Attack I cry.

Last edited:

Haruno

No source approves this, but the tactic is pretty simple: get a Torchic with Speed Boost, evolve it to Blaziken, and evolve it mid-battle to Mega Blaziken. By the info we have now, this is possible. Yet, GF could toy with us and limit the moveset and screw our plans completely.

I will make a pretty big post with the new leak if it's worth it n_n
Or better yet make the torchic you obtain from the event the only torchic that can mega evolve :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)