XY Metagame Speculation [SPOILERS ITT]

Actually, I want to nitpick the base speed because the stat you gave would only work if the leaked image we got had max IVs in speed. So this could basically go all the way up to like 150 base speed. Personally, I would like to see it stop at 145 (which is possible assuming it's 20/21 IVs) because at 150 Modest Spermtwo outspeeds Timid Classictwo. (and I dislike Spermtwo so I don't want it to be any good)

Assuming that it is 145 base speed, this mega forme isn't exactly superior. The spatk is basically the equivalent of twisted spoon Classictwo except that the boost applies to all of it's moves. At 145, the extra speed is pretty irrelevent besides creeping Classictwo. Also, the spdef isn't exactly a gift as it means that Genesect is going to always get the attack boost unless you drop it below it's now weaker def. (meaning more prone to prio) Overall, I'd pretty much prefer LO 3 attacks + Recover Classictwo for being harder to revenge kill as well as stronger.

If the base speed hits 150 then you could just use Modest Spermtwo and be as strong as LO Classictwo as well as faster. (which means it's pretty much a straight-up improvement)

EDIT: NVM! Apparently we had Classictwo raw stats too which show that it did in fact have a max speed IV! Spermtwo sux, long live Classictwo!
Honestly I was trying to check out what MegaMewTwo Y may have over Classical MewTwo and I thought of Light Screen version of Classic StallTwo with 252 HP / 76 SpD / 176 Speed to outspeed Classic MewTwo (one of reasons where this additional speed would help and maybe increased special bulk as well), but... +1 Timid Psystrike deals... 58.17% - 68.51% damage. Although I admit that other calcs looked perfect, tanking even +1 Life Orb Fire Blast in Sun with Light Screen Up, but... yeah. I didn't check his calcs against other special sweepers in Ubers, so in the end this special bulk may be worth it, but the main good reason for his increased speed, which is outspeeding MewTwo doesn't help here at all. If he doesn't run Calm Mind, you 100% counter it, but yeah, shaky counter at best. So still MegaMewTwo Y still struggles to find his niche over Classic MewTwo...

Although as I said - maybe this additional Special Bulk actually matters against other Specially Offensive Uber Behemots, so who knows...

Last edited:
Well spermtwo can still creep other Mewtwos, switch into spore/void + random weak spatks, and abuse a twisted spoon that works on every move. So I wouldn't say spermtwo is outclassed but neither is classic, comes down to the team p much.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Mewtwo Y is the better option if your team is Darkrai weak, as it can tank one Dark Pulse from Lefties variants after SR and is immune to Dark Void. Outspeeding opposing Mewtwo is sweet as well!

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, I've heard about this before. We're not positive this thing works on DW abilities yet but if it does

SHADOW TAG CHANDELURE.
If we banned Shadow tag Chandelure from Ubers I wouldn't even mind.

Zygarde is kind of disappointing, but I don't think it's full potential is realized yet. Maybe the incoming Pokemon Z will shed some light on this.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Fucking retarded

Yveltal and xerness as are both immune to one of its stabs while xerneas hits with a stab fairy and yveltal has oblivion wing to wreck it. Also Ugly
aura break reverses the damage boosting abilities yvetal and xerneas has making their STAB moves pretty neutered. But anyways, this is surely not Zygarde's final form.

So I just saw a whole bunch of threads on /vp/ saying Fairy sucks as a typing, supposedly because they have low stats while Dragons have high ones and megas. (Yes I know a lot of them are trolls, still, I can sense that some people are disappointed.)

Since from the screenshots we saw they seem to have not really amazing stats save Xerneas (and nothing that's above base 100 speed) that got me wondering how they'll fare in the metagame. Though if they are actually used enough despite that, I imagine the rampant free switching to Outrages alone would nerf Dragons pretty hard since they have to resort to Dragon Claw, making them easier walled by other things.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well Ubers will have Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy which will probably be more than good enough for our Fairy needs.

Other than that it will come down to seeing what older Pokemon get Fairy-typing imo. Fairy Chansey would be terrifying.

Sylveon also has 95/65/130 bulk so it can work since we already know it gets stuff like Wish. Carbink has a lot of potential if it gets some decent recovery in it's movepool and maybe something like Stoss or phazing. (otherwise just Toxic will do) There are also the event legends that aren't revealed yet as well as mega Gardevoir that we are missing the stats to.

Although it is A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT THAT GOODRA WAS NOT DRAGON/FAIRY!
(but if we do get a bulky dragon/fairy with recovery, holy fuck will it be godlike)

I imagine Azumarill might make up there, if only for the great utility potential. Megamawile looks fantastic, though there is the opportunity cost of megas in general.

So I just saw a whole bunch of threads on /vp/ saying Fairy sucks as a typing, supposedly because they have low stats while Dragons have high ones and megas. (Yes I know a lot of them are trolls, still, I can sense that some people are disappointed.)

Since from the screenshots we saw they seem to have not really amazing stats save Xerneas (and nothing that's above base 100 speed) that got me wondering how they'll fare in the metagame. Though if they are actually used enough despite that, I imagine the rampant free switching to Outrages alone would nerf Dragons pretty hard since they have to resort to Dragon Claw, making them easier walled by other things.
It depends on stats and abilities, but MegaGardevoir may be interesting addition if she gets incresed special bulk/SpA/HP stats and while many MegaForms gain new abilities (except Abomasnow, which keeps Snow Warning) in this case I wouldn't want her to gain new abilities, as Trace is incredible one (for example against Swift Swimmers like Kingdra or Kabutops or Sand Rush Excadrill), Synchronize should find some niche uses as well, so this one is fine as well.

And BTW I wonder what happens when you Trace Multitype Ability from Arceus (I never tried to use any Trace Pokemon against Arceus, so maybe someone knows) ?

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Guys I wouldn't count out Zygarde yet. Based on what we know it'll probably have a 660 BST and it's typing is still amazing despite Fairy being around. We at the least know it'll be faster than most Ubers (min: base 95 Speed iirc) and the potential for moves it could learn could be big. We don't know it's signature move yet (which it probably has considering the past), and considering it's a Snake it could easily learn Coil and combine it with Dragon Rush for example (I'm still hoping it learns Rapid Spin). It's ability is far from useless as it neutralizes it's Fairy weakness vs. Xerneas and makes it resistant to Yveltal.

Guys I wouldn't count out Zygarde yet. Based on what we know it'll probably have a 660 BST and it's typing is still amazing despite Fairy being around. We at the least know it'll be faster than most Ubers (min: base 95 Speed iirc) and the potential for moves it could learn could be big. We don't know it's signature move yet (which it probably has considering the past), and considering it's a Snake it could easily learn Coil and combine it with Dragon Rush for example (I'm still hoping it learns Rapid Spin). It's ability is far from useless as it neutralizes it's Fairy weakness vs. Xerneas and makes it resistant to Yveltal.
Not exactly, it just eliminates de effects of Dark and Fairy Aura, it doesn't take off a weakness it's still weak to Fairy and still takes neutral damage from Dark-type moves. :[[

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Not exactly, it just eliminates de effects of Dark and Fairy Aura, it doesn't take off a weakness it's still weak to Fairy and still takes neutral damage from Dark-type moves. :[[
Aura Break actually reverses the effects. We don't know exactly what effect it will have, but I figured I'd point that out.

Aura Break actually reverses the effects. We don't know exactly what effect it will have, but I figured I'd point that out.
If it reverses the effects, making it take neutral damage from Xerneas and strong vs Yveltal's dark type moves I will do the following things:

1. Apologize to my boy -Manaphy--
2. Dance.
3. Still beg for this guy to get something like a Megaa Evo

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
aura break reverses the damage boosting abilities yvetal and xerneas has making their STAB moves pretty neutered. But anyways, this is surely not Zygarde's final form.
Yes Xerneas is clearly hurting Zygrade with it's epic 100 base SpA and fairy is still super effective so it becomes 1.5 x 2 x .66 or 2x damage with a stab fairy.... but again xerneas is weak and zygrade is a special wall so that doesn't mean much.

Yveltal has brave bird so it doesn't give a shit.

Oh frabjous day, kalloo-kallay!
Only problem is that it now has 4-slot move syndrome: it's walled by both Aegislash and Heatran, and it needs to run either Aura Sphere or Fire Blast for coverage or give up one of its STABs (both of which are too good to pass up), if it wants to run Nasty Plot - or, of course, you could run Magnezone. affect the metagame some way.
Ghost types are now unaffected by trapping abilities like Arena Trap, Shadow Tag or Magnet Pull, so neither Magnezone nor Dugtrio are options for Aegislash.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Its base stats are around 135/135/90/135/95/90. It probably wont be going to OU.
Those aren't especially high by ou standards

Hell, look at kyu-b, and yvel has a worse typing! Plenty of pokes have offensive stats of that calibur, with much greater speed to match.

I'm not suggesting it will lie in ou, but it wouldn't be the most farfetched thing to happen

Those aren't especially high by ou standards

Hell, look at kyu-b, and yvel has a worse typing! Plenty of pokes have offensive stats of that calibur, with much greater speed to match.

I'm not suggesting it will lie in ou, but it wouldn't be the most farfetched thing to happen
First of all, those are high by OU standards. 680 BST with 135 HP and 130+ in both offensive stats. Sure, you could compare it to KyuremB which is OU, but I could just as easily compare it to KyuremW, which is Uber. Its a bulkier version of both with more balanced Atk and SpAtk stats, and 2 immunities. Depending on its move pool it will probably be able to run any Choice, and maybe mixed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)