Ability: Battle Armor
Happiness: 69
EVs: 200 HP / 20 Atk / 52 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Venusaur, Weezing and Drapion's respective builds (with my own minor edits to EV spreads) were taken from All Falls Down's post in this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-good-cores-v2.3519342/#post-5783918
I'm only getting started in team building, but I think I have a general idea of what to add to a solid core.
(If someone knows how to make a single word link to somewhere, please PM me!)

Percival (Nidoking) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch/Fire Punch
I really enjoy having a Choice Item user in my team, and Nidoking seemed like a worthy candidate. Nidoking's high Attack made it ideal for a Choice Band, and the combination of Sheer Force, a nice physical movepool, and being my second favorite Pokemon also contribute to its presence on the team. Superpower, although seemingly unaffected by Sheer Force, is good and powerful. I might change it to something else that would complement the ability better, but I don't know what that would be as of now, but it's netted me plenty of KOs. Poison Jab and Earthquake are for STAB, and Ice/Fire Punch is for coverage.

Void (Gengar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam/Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Trick
Gengar's strategy is one I recently learned about; a Choice Scarf and Trick to potentially cripple an enemy. I'm having a bit of a hard time knowing when to use Trick, but I'm getting better, and it's gotten me out of a tight spot several times. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb are for STAB, Dazzling Gleam is coverage, Destiny Bond is flat-out useful in a variety of situations.

Mora (Tentacruel) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Rapid Spin
For a while, this spot was taken up by a SpD/HP/ATK Muk with Shadow Sneak, Brick Break, Acid Spray, and Poison Jab, but I was having a hard time with Spikes/Stealth Rock and zero Grass coverage. Tentacruel replaced it within a short time and the team preformed much better as a result. Acid Spray is STAB/Sp. Def lowerage, Scald is STAB/burn hax, Giga Drain is coverage/HP restore, and Rapid Spin nudges stage hazards a couple feet away out of danger of stepping on.

This team has an average of 55/45 win/loss ratio, many losses were most likely due to my noobishness or a type disadvantage.

Team weaknesses: No specific lead is sometimes good, but other times I don't know what to send in first turn and I end up paying for it later on. I also lose some offensive momentum when I switch from Nidoking or Gengar to one of the more tanky guys.

Please note: This was my first RMT so I hope I did everything okay. I read both sets of rules and followed them, but if I read over something or did something I wasn't supposed to, tell me!

you need your own substantial descriptions for each individual pokemon. read the rmt rules and look at other rmts to see what's expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)