Other XY OU Pokemon of the Week #9: Donphan (April Fools!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not, there are actually more counters to Donphan than was originally known. What is one of these supposed "counters", you may ask? Well, it is another top tier threat in the OU metagame: Raichu.

As Raichu's FireRed Pokedex entry states:

"Its electric charges can reach even 100,000 volts. Careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint."

Raichu is a hard counter to this threat. Rest assured, ladies and gentlemen, there is now hope in stopping the rampage of the mighty beast known as Donphan.

Believe it or not, there are actually more counters to Donphan than was originally known. What is one of these supposed "counters", you may ask? Well, it is another top tier threat in the OU metagame: Raichu.

As Raichu's FireRed Pokedex entry states:

"Its electric charges can reach even 100,000 volts. Careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint."

Raichu is a hard counter to this threat. Rest assured, ladies and gentlemen, there is now hope in stopping the rampage of the mighty beast known as Donphan.
See, you might think Raichu is a hard counter. But Donphan's actually an African Elephant. He's immune to Raichu

My favorite set is mega-Donphan. The addition of steel typing really adds to his defensive value.

Base Stats: 110 HP / 135 Atk / 60 Def / 50 SpAtk / 65 SpDef / 88 Spe

Abilities: Sand Offensive Spinner
Donphan @ Donphanite
Ability: Study
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide / Shadow Claw

It's a shame we haven't discussed Donphan's best set yet:

Lol I Uberz (Donphan) @ Stick
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
IVs: 6 Def / 22 SDef / 21 Spd / 29 SAtk / 23 HP / 16 Atk
- Mud-Slap
- Attract
- Block
- Hyper Beam

This Donphan set is made to wall strong physical sweepers like Stunky, Smeargle and Frillish while also taking them out with strong attacks. Mud-slap is used as Donphan's main STAB attack and does alot of damage to walls like a lvl 34 Heatran
252- SpA Donphan Mud Slap vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Level 34 Heatran: 72-88 (52.5 - 64.2%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That truly is dommage.

All of you just had to forget the cell battery set anti-metagame
Donphan@Cell Battery
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 SDef / 252 SpA / 4 Hp
Ivs:1 everything cuz Donphan number1
-Ice shard
-Hidden power ground
-Scary face
-Rapid Spin
This set is very simple. Very effective too. You lure in a Jolteon or Raichu spamming electric type moves. These are top-tier threats and they are very annoying but are nothing compared to Donphan as Donphan can live a hit from both of them. It will get the boost from cell battery and KO both of them with hidden power ground. Rapid spin will be your nuke that will OHKO all the other threats. It can also defeat another Donphan! (If it's level 1)

When I saw Donphan as Pokemon of the Week, I was about to flame Smogon and cry in my bed. Seeing that it was posted yesterday, though, took that idea from me.

Great thread.

When I saw Donphan as Pokemon of the Week, I was about to flame Smogon and cry in my bed. Seeing that it was posted yesterday, though, took that idea from me.

Great thread.
What, you think this is some sort of joke? Donphan is no laughing matter. Its Choice Specs set is one of the best underrated sets in the entire meta, and i

Try to lurk more before posting.

What, you think this is some sort of joke? Donphan is no laughing matter. Its Choice Specs set is one of the best underrated sets in the entire meta, and i

Try to lurk more before posting.
I've lurked enough, thank you very much. Specs Machamp outclasses specs Donphan in that specs Machamp has No Guard Focus Blast, so if you would kindly stop trying to be elitist, that would liven up the community. Good day.

I've lurked enough, thank you very much. Specs Machamp outclasses specs Donphan in that specs Machamp has No Guard Focus Blast, so if you would kindly stop trying to be elitist, that would liven up the community. Good day.
Did someone say... Spiderman thread Choice Specs Donphan?

Donphan @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Nature: Quiet
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power (who knows, you might grab one boost or two...)
- Hidden Power Flying
- Hyper Beam / Snore

Earth Power is your main STAB. Ancient Power hits Flying-types and if you are lucky, you might sweep an entire team with it. Hidden Power Flying is for that pesky Mega Venusaur. Hyper Beam usually deals the most damage in this set, but you may use Snore if you want Donphan as your sleep absorber.

Here are some calcs to prove that it's a really, really badass set:
Physical Walls (because of Specs Donphan's success, some of them are using mixed spreads)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 91-108 (23 - 27.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 82-97 (20.8 - 24.6%) -- 90.5% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 82-97 (24.5 - 29%) -- 71.8% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Ancient Power vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Skarmory: 66-78 (19.7 - 23.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 145-171 (34.5 - 40.7%) -- 98% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 130-154 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- 4.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Special Walls
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 105-124 (14.9 - 17.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 94-112 (13.3 - 15.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 77-91 (20 - 23.6%) -- 47.4% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 69-82 (17.9 - 21.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 96-114 (23.7 - 28.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 248 HP / 96+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 85-100 (21.6 - 25.4%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 96+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 76-90 (19.3 - 22.9%) -- 5.3% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock

This is all bullshit clearly u have forsaken the choosen one that is DONPHAN now i Will lead U and everyone Else back to the Right path.

This ladies and gentlemen is DONPHAN SCARIEST SET OF ALL FUCKING TIME!!!

Donphan
Scary stone
No evs needed
Serious nature

Scary face
Horn attack
Mud Slap
High jump horn

This is THE most Broken set in the game Right now and there is no way u people can denyie that. Scary face is because imagine this scary BEAST getting SCARIER!!!!! Horn attack is for obvious Horn STAB and Will OHKO evrything, mus slap is Mud STAB and the accurcy drop is not needed but if DONPHAN uses something Else he is to much handel for ubers!! High jump horn is another stab horn STAB and allows DONPHAN to kill evrything unless it misses

How can you guys talk about a Choice Specs set without mentioning Donphan's most dangerous coverage move? Hyper Voice.

With Hyper Voice, your Donphan becomes the loudest bitch in all of history, even louder than fucking EXPLOUD!

252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 63-75 (8.9 - 10.6%) -- possibly the best move ever

With the monstrous damage output this achieves, your prey has to endure the horror of a Donphan on menopause talking about how that Mamoswine dumped her and that her kids won't get the Ice Shard scholarship, which will turn their kids into social fucking degenerates that suck off Slowbros for used blow.

But wait, I can get even hornier.

After the Donphan's lungs have been utterly destroyed by her constant banshee-like bitching, she'll SNORE her opponent to death as she passes out from an overdose of Garbodor cum shoved through her nipples.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Snore vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 35-42 (4.9 - 5.9%) -- possibly the BESTEST move ever

Look no further. We have to start a new suspect test, people, or else we'll start sharting through our belly buttons as Donphan mud slaps our titties while she yells and snores at us to death.

How can you guys talk about a Choice Specs set without mentioning Donphan's most dangerous coverage move? Hyper Voice.

With Hyper Voice, your Donphan becomes the loudest bitch in all of history, even louder than fucking EXPLOUD!

252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 63-75 (8.9 - 10.6%) -- possibly the best move ever

With the monstrous damage output this achieves, your prey has to endure the horror of a Donphan on menopause talking about how that Mamoswine dumped her and that her kids won't get the Ice Shard scholarship, which will turn their kids into social fucking degenerates that suck off Slowbros for used blow.

But wait, I can get even hornier.

After the Donphan's lungs have been utterly destroyed by her constant banshee-like bitching, she'll SNORE her opponent to death as she passes out from an overdose of Garbodor cum shoved through her nipples.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Snore vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 35-42 (4.9 - 5.9%) -- possibly the BESTEST move ever

Look no further. We have to start a new suspect test, people, or else we'll start sharting through our belly buttons as Donphan mud slaps our titties while she yells and snores at us to death.
I laughed so hard reading this I actually started sharting through my belly button.

Oh my god, this thread.....I'm going to need a side transplant, mine are dying because of overexertion. Thank you, everybody.

My favorite set is mega-Donphan. The addition of steel typing really adds to his defensive value.

Base Stats: 110 HP / 135 Atk / 60 Def / 50 SpAtk / 65 SpDef / 88 Spe

Abilities: Sand Offensive Spinner
Donphan @ Donphanite
Ability: Study
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide / Shadow Claw
Incredible, I didn't even know Donphan had the ability to study! Now everyone will shudder in fear when he shows his incredible knowledge of encyclopedias. By the way, you used the wrong image.This is sarcasm Mega-Donphan looks like this:

Edit: holy mother of Jezus, that image was large than I thought it would be.

Special Walls
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 105-124 (14.9 - 17.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 94-112 (13.3 - 15.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 77-91 (20 - 23.6%) -- 47.4% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 69-82 (17.9 - 21.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 96-114 (23.7 - 28.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 248 HP / 96+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 85-100 (21.6 - 25.4%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 96+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 76-90 (19.3 - 22.9%) -- 5.3% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
Chansey
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 508-598 (100.7 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO -- GG meta
Assault Vest Goodra:
252 Atk Donphan Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 416-492 (108.3 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO -- Donphan + ice shard = unstoppable
Assault Vest T-Tar:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 396-468 (103.1 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO -- lol one of the highest spdefs in the game.
Assault Vest Slowking:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 379-447 (104.1 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO -- this is pretty scary
And the Goomy Scale:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Donphan Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Goomy: 4741-5578 (2052.3 - 2414.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Your calculator must be broken to be able to make donphan look weak.

Would some Moderator be so kind to close this idiotic topic already? April 1 is over and this shit here wasnt funny to begin with.

Nope, just a user who isnt completely retarded. This forum is supposed to be used for discussions regarding the OU tier and metagame. This topic has nothing to do with OU and is no discussion what so ever its just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)