Yay another UU RMT

My second UU RMT, my first got locked because of lack of descriptions :|
So, I set out to make an all around good UU team. I knew I wanted it to be bulky and a bit stally, but not to that great of an extent. The first Pokemon I chose because every time it's used against me, it is a huge pain.

Building a Team
For my first Pokemon I wanted to use a TrickScarf Uxie. This can cripple the opposing lead, set up SR, and support throughout a match. I wanted to pair this up with something, and Hitmontop can switch out into a Dark-type move with ease, and takes neutral damage from a Ghost-type.

This left me with a wall and a bulky physical sweeper. I decided I needed a special sweeper. Mismagius is one of the best special sweeper for UU because of it's high speed, and I decided I liked it better than the other choice I had, Houndoom. Mismagius could take a bit of special attacks, while most of my Pokes are defensively inclined.

After this, I thought about how I could get a safe switch into Mismagius. Chansey is a great candidate to attract Fighting-type moves. Chansey also walls special attackers to hell, which is something I need. Chansey also has the ability to cure my team of all status, which allows my Pokes to come back unhindered, and Chansey can almost always find a free switch into a special attack.

I figured at this point since I wanted a stally sort of team, another special wall can help. Venusaur is a decent special wall, as well as providing Sleep Powder to my team. It can also provide a free switch into Mismagius if the opponent opts for a predictable Earthquake. All in all, this guy makes a great addition to my team.

For my final Poke I needed something for Venusaur to switch out from if it is in danger of a Fire-type attack, and my team so far has no resistance to Fire. I chose Milotic to fill this gap, as it is all around bulky and can take physical or special Fire-type attacks. Venusaur also makes a good switch out from Milotic, as it is resistant to Grass and Electric.

Time for the movesets.

The Lead

Geek (Uxie) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/104 Def/152 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Trick
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Role: This guy can cripple many leads that start setting up because of Choice Scarf, usually forcing a switch. I use this time to get in a free SR, then either U-Turn out or thunder wave depending on the next Poke coming out. Slowing down sweepers is a big help to my team, as a lot of the Pokes are slow. Later in the game this guy can be used to scout and get favorable switch ins through the use of U-Turn.

Against other leads:
- Most likely I will get Faked Out, but next turn I can Trick and force a switch. This is not a big problem after this because Fake Out is basically useless and it is very predictable.
- I can get in a Trick before it sets up SR, forcing a switch the next turn. If it is a Trick lead then we both have to switch. Taunt lead getting a Choice Scarf forces a switch while I get in a U-Turn the next turn and can get a favorable switch.
- If it is not a TrickScarf variety then it hopefully uses SR and I force a switch, as well as crippling its abilities later in the match. If it is a TrickScarf variety, we both get to lol and switch out.
- This immediately means a Sandstorm team. This guy will really mess up my lead, I will most likely U-Turn out to get rid of the sash and then take it down next turn. The Sandstorm really will counter this team well, most likely being able to outstall. Only way I could deal with this later game is to put a weather move on one of my Pokes, but I'm not sure if it is worth it that much.
- This is a somewhat bad lead for me to face. I will Trick it the scarf, and either switch or put up SR depending on how much damage it does. It doesn't cripple the Poke too much if I don't get up SR, but it will be an easy kill or force a switch when I switch out.
- Switch out to Hitmontop, X-Scissor is scary.
- Trick it the scarf, hoping it tries to setup Spikes or SR or the like. If it attacks I will switch out to something that can take it.

Most other leads will be like these, and Trick will have the same effect depending on what move the first Poke uses.

ZZ Top (Hitmontop) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Revenge (Maybe switch for Rapid Spin? I'm not sure. Rapid Spin could also open up the possibility of a Moltres on my team.)
- Mach Punch

Role: This guy can clean up very well late game, after the opposing team is weakened. All of these moves are priority and get boosted by technician, making them easily take out weakened Pokes. Revenge can take out Pokes who are Bulkier and/or Steel-types who are immune to Toxic. This can take a few hits before it is down, and is what ends a lot of games for me. Switching this into a Pinsir lead is an easy kill. Fake Out breaks its sash, then Mach Punch will take it out the next turn.

Hat (Mismagius) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Role: This guy is my one pure sweeper, and is a very decent revenge killer. The ability to Trick can help me get rid of walls that I am having trouble with. Many people would expect this thing to switch in and try to set up a Nasty Plot, so this is somewhat of a surprise to some opponents. This guy is my main revenge killer, or just a guy I switch in to a poke who is about to use a Ground-type/Fighting-type/Normal-type in order to get in a free switch.

RN (Chansey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Role: This guy is my cleric and staller. Aromatherapy rids my team of any harmful statuses and Wish of course can help my Pokes return to full HP. Toxic is good to use on walls, and I find it more useful than T-Wave because Uxie already has that and Toxic of course takes away HP. This guy (oops just realized I kept saying guy instead of girl) will wall all special attackers and that makes it much easier to get in a Wish for a teammate.
Note: I realize that Smogon says that it is impossible to get Aromatherapy and Wish in the same set, but Shoddy Battle allows it.

Vulvasaur (Venusaur) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
- Sleep Powder
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb

Role: This is my partner for my Slowbro. Sleep Powder makes it much easier to set up Leech Seed, as well as rendering an opposing Poke useless for a few turns. Sludge Bomb and Grass Knot are good STAB attacks, and Sludge Bomb can help take out Grass-types who go up against Slowbro. Leech Seed of course picks away at opponents, which combined with Sleep Powder or Toxic aids Venusaur at killing opponents.

Purple Haze (Milotic) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/56 Spd/16 SDef
- Surf
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Haze

Role: This guy can take attacks aimed at Venusaur very well. Venusaur will mostly attract Fire-type attacks, and this guy can take them like a champ. Recover allows for easy healing, and lets Chansey use her Wish on different Pokes. This guy will force switches against many Venusaur counters allowing for a free turn to Recover, or kill them. HP Grass allows it to take out other Water-types and Surf is a good STAB move to hit anything. Haze is a real help to my team as well, it prevents the opponent from setting up while I stall.

All criticism and opinions are welcome to help me improve this team. The Pokemon I am most open to switching out are Mismagius or Slowbro, but of course I will switch out others if I see that it can really help.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
'Cos every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed Hitmontop... uh yeah.

I recommend the switch to Rapid Spin, there isn't much that you're hitting with Revenge that you won't take care of with Fake Out + Mach Punch.

you are incredibely weak to Blaziken and Moltres, as well as other Special Fire sweepers. You literally have no safe switch once they get in. Slowbro is KOed by a combo of Fire Blast followed by a HP [Grass] from both, and you have no other resistances to Fire.
This is why I recommend changing Slowbro to Milotic. Here is the set I would like you to use...

Milotic @ Leftovers
252 HP / 184 Def / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Recover
~Haze

This is the Milotic I run and it is very effective. The EVs allow you to never be 2HKOed by Modest Moltres' HP [Grass] and likewise from Blaziken and other Fire Types. You can outspeed Adamant 252 Speed Torterra with this set as well as Modest 252 Speed Exeggutor and take care of them with Ice Beam. I'm not sure if you can OHKO Eggy, but with some prior damage I'm sure you can take it out. Haze is for stat boosters since you have no Pokemn that uses Roar/Whirlwind. I say this because you have one big weakness to Pokemon like Curse Restalk Registeel and CM Restalk Spiritomb.

you are incredibely weak to Blaziken and Moltres, as well as other Special Fire sweepers. You literally have no safe switch once they get in. Slowbro is KOed by a combo of Fire Blast followed by a HP [Grass] from both, and you have no other resistances to Fire.
This is why I recommend changing Slowbro to Milotic. Here is the set I would like you to use...

Milotic @ Leftovers
252 HP / 184 Def / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Recover
~Haze

This is the Milotic I run and it is very effective. The EVs allow you to never be 2HKOed by Modest Moltres' HP [Grass] and likewise from Blaziken and other Fire Types. You can outspeed Adamant 252 Speed Torterra with this set as well as Modest 252 Speed Exeggutor and take care of them with Ice Beam. I'm not sure if you can OHKO Eggy, but with some prior damage I'm sure you can take it out. Haze is for stat boosters since you have no Pokemn that uses Roar/Whirlwind. I say this because you have one big weakness to Pokemon like Curse Restalk Registeel and CM Restalk Spiritomb.
Thanks for the suggestion, I've used it a few battles and it helps me get rid of all those stat boosters/Fire-types

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)