SV OU YoiYoi Kokon

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
:sv/pawmot: :sv/great tusk: :sv/Samurott-Hisui: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/dragapult: :sv/kingambit:

Hey, 1LDK here, back again with 1LDK patented heat that will literally save the universe, especially since its the last days of the home meta before DLC1 appears, which has everyone waiting, and I want to do one last thing before rolling fully in, who knows, maybe this team holds well into SCL and becomes somewhat popular or needs an adjustment, I know that's just wishful thinking, but whatever. And now that I think about it, this team is pretty similar to a team Mimikyu Stardust did in the past, I guess this could be a fan version, I don't know, let's just see the members

:dragapult:
the team actually began with making it around sub hex pult, on a discord tournament made by A1 Gallade I got cooked pretty hard by that, so I decided to go around that, the set is pretty underrated and once pops up, It's hard to stop

:dragapult: :pawmot:
Later, I discovered that moves below 60 BP get a silent Technician boost, which means that, tera would do a move like Nuzzle do 120 BP, this means NEURON ACTIVATON, and now the team is going full HO

:dragapult: :pawmot: :kingambit:
this one is pretty easy to explain, ⁣:kingambit: is one of the best Pokémon in the meta and synergies well with :pawmot: for the early boosted ally fainted bullshit which is real balanced

:dragapult: :pawmot: :kingambit: :great tusk: :Samurott-Hisui: :gholdengo:
I ended the team by cookie cutting some filler alongside it, the usual

With that out of the way, time to see the team in full action

:focus sash::sv/Samurott-Hisui::focus sash:
Samurott-Hisui (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge

- Razor Shell
- Aqua Jet

- Taunt

When it comes to things like games, sex, waking up or solving crime, a good lead is important for a happy ending, so generally, samu-h is the one that fill that role, I decided to go with pretty much standard but with taunt over knock off to fuck over :corviknight:, and I also decided to go with tera ghost to block spin if it comes necessary, the 24 def Evs allow me to tank a Dragon Darts from Choice Band :Dragapult: at full health without dying

:air balloon::sv/gholdengo::air balloon:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Gholdengooooooo, the air balloon set is the best set right now, hazard stack in general is stupid easy, add either :ting lu: or :samurott-Hisui: and ghol, and that's it, just fill with whatever, literally whatever, and it will work, and that's what I'm basically doing right now, I literally just slapped it and added tera water, this set literally 6-0s any balance team that lacks either a :kingambit: or a :ting lu:, and stall will usually get clowned with ghol + hazards + hax, this thing is broken. Standard set, I think Dazzling Gleam could come in handy to packwatch tera electric garg, so I don't know

:booster energy::sv/great tusk::booster energy:
Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 232 HP / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

My own brand of BU Tusk, QuakeEdge is my personal favorite combo, the reason why I choose this move set over other common moves like Headlong Rush, Close Combat, Ice Spinner, Knock Off and Head Smash is because I don't want to reduce my bulk with the former two, which has lost games. And I'm too nervous or that, and also stone edge doesn't make contact, which is invaluable against the :Zapdos: and :Moltres: matchup, which makes it better overall in early and late game, but loses potency in midgame, still, BU tusk is not something to underestimate. Tera water is just for a bit of defense that hey, its always cool. And the 24 SpD are to survive an Energy Ball from the nowadays rare :Glimmora:, but it's better to be safe than sorry

:leftovers::sv/Dragapult::Leftovers:
Dragapult (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Dragon Darts

With the cookie clicker mons out of the way, we can get funky. Like I said, I got a swept, cooked, carried away, whatever, and now I'm blasting away people with status, hex and bullshit, it's surprisingly easy to get a sub up in a meta where :slowking galar: is a thing, and switches are plenty, mindlessly spamming stabs in general is pretty fun, and its a really underrated set that brings offensive utility to the rest of the mons while having some form of block against some powerful mons thanks to sub

:Leppa Berry::sv/pawmot::Leppa Berry:
Pawmot (F) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Nuzzle
- Revival Blessing
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

When I heard about that secret tech, I began working on :Pawmot:, which is the fastest user of Nuzzle, and alongside tera electric, I can do some insanely stupid damage, I have to admit that your brain turns into monkey when using this, so you might burn your tera into nothing because you got too horny to think properly, but that's a skill issue that has never happened to me pinky promise. It also has 2 incredible moves in Ice Punch and Mach Punch, Ice Punch brings me neutral coverage against pretty much everything, and can emergency dent mons like :zapdos: or :great tusk:. Mach Punch ensures that I always win against :Kingambit: and :Baxcalibur:, with some chip that can be easily achieved by my own BU Tusk, you will be able to delete them, especially with Iron Fist on your side. It also has the additional move called Revival Blessing, not too useful but meh, I don't know what else to put, nothing too fancy and not broken

:black glasses::sv/Kingambit::black glasses:
Kingambit (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave

- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Last mon Last mon Last mon Last mon make it stooooop. This thing deals so much damage, man I missed used tera dark black glasses, god I love this mon, you guys know what it does. I don't remember If they fixed the SO stacking to +6 with RB on the back, but you're getting to +5 even with another mon on the team, this allows you to use :Kingambit: way more freely in mid-game, or, keep it close, use freely your other underpaid workers and then cleaning house with it. Feels superb to abuse, good thing is not broken because :chesnaught: counters it

Checks and Counters

:Baxcalibur: you gotta dance, press the buttons showed on screen at the right timer to have maximum points. Sack something, get Tusk in, stone edge him, die and lets Pawmot clean with Mach Punch, ⁣:Kingambit: and the aforementioned :great tusk: can do the job

:Zapdos: I also have to get my hands dirty for :zapdos:, tusk can chip it heavely and gholdengo can finish the job, pawmot tera electric also takes a hurricane and chip with ice punch so no problem

:garganacl: if it is tera electric curse, and tusk is not at full health, forfeit, literally don't even bother. If it is any other variant, you can nuzzle it, make it rain, set up on it, taunt it. In theory should work, but its :garganacl: is a defensive mon, and you know what they say, defensive play styles will never be broken

:iron moth: it's rare these days, but you don't have safe switch ins if it is specs or special booster, pray that you can outsmart your opponent

Conclussion, Pokepaste, Replays

:sv/pawmot: :sv/great tusk: :sv/Samurott-Hisui: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/dragapult: :sv/kingambit:

https://pokepast.es/44b208b7d27b85f4

And that's my send-off into DLC 1, I actually wanted to do a team dump, but I do need some teams for OU seasonal left, so I can't reveal all my tricks, still, I hope you guys like this team and have fun with it on the last few days of this wonderful meta, if the leaks are true, it's all going down to shit, just like my personal life atm. See you all at the other side

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1933007306-k74rz6gkefddplvvuekwn5gnuaenvxtpw (ParaHax into forfeit, now laugh at the suffering of others)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1936025718-9fuhcu8xuftm8uzsyfzcessxtv4eg8dpw (the hazard stack when it has to face 2 hazard removers)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1939855036-zbtbjmjtai8ie6dc86loujlv6qi5wncpw (I really have no idea on how people can look at garganacl and say its okay, fuck man)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1933010960-zcdayfv5a3dtaf9ws04j6ym3yp3m81fpw (You can see me shitting my pants trying to kill moth here, I don't even know how did I manage to stay in one piece)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1933025612-8x55p0l51buassngacgq90y1o1zbf0epw (+3 Bax? No problem)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1933033615-duvb2mk8waw0q2anyck83vmt9moxcuspw (Kingambit gaming)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1933020735-9ggzay2lb142he9h9tfmwbjcyp5ktl2pw (chesnaught chad spotted, opinion tolerated)

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Very interesting team, thank you for posting bud.

I will say I do prefer Double Shock (Tera Electric) over Ice Punch / Nuzzle because it makes Pawmot quite potent and a potential cleaner late game, especially if Close Combat is also considered.

I also think maybe making Gholdengo a bit more bulky and taking some speed off might be worth it in general because I don't think 293 does anything special. Maybe outspeeding 273 seems to make the most sense and put the rest in HP? EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe

Maybe Tera Ghost on Dragapult? to give it that extra push to KO certain things when the opposition is already status'd?

Outside that cool team, and hoping to see your DLC1 heat

Oh shoot! Bro got those heat evs on Samurott (somthing not max max).

Besides the jokes, nice team and writing. (I'm writing an RMT right now, and am totally copying the formatting of this rmt.) Hey, good artists borrow, but great ones steal (or something like that)

Neat team! I hope I get past next round in ou ssnl and matchup with you.:boi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)