Your weird and wacky dreams

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Made this thread because I have very vivid dreams that I often end up forgetting later and it'd be cool to have a dream log for myself and others. I'll get started.

I had a dream the other night that I was in the hit show Gossip Girl, except with a twist. After the first two seasons there was a major plot point that there was an alien invasion/takeover and the show went from being about whatever Gossip Girl is normally about (idk, only watched a handful of episodes) to the characters (including myself) being part of an alien resistance. No clue where the Gossip Girl part came from, but I suspect that the alien part came from me diving into XCOM 2 recently. Anyway, I knew I was in Season 6 of the show somehow, and I was being sent inside a virtual reality game that was going to train me to take down some sort of alien facility/stronghold. I remember placing detonators and having a firefight, guns blazing, with some enemies before ultimately failing my virtual mission. After that, it was off to some high society/snobby event with the rest of the Gossip Girl cast. At this shindig there was a rumor spreading of an alien virus that allowed them to reanimate the dead to do their bidding, which I guess is why we wanted to take down their facility in the first place.

So yeah post your weird and wacky dreams too.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This night I dreamt that my cat had turned into a dog, a brown labrador (not dark brown, he had a milk chocolate color) with blue eyes. We played in my room with my cat's favorite toy (a lil octopus plushie hanging by a long red string onto a wooden stick). Strangely enough, we played like my room was enormous, but it's very, very tiny actually, cuz I remember getting very tired, but I can barely walk in my room, given how tiny it is. Now get this: this wasn't the first time I had dreamt abt this dog. He appears occasionally in other dreams too, just for a little while and then disappears. But it's always the same chocolate milk colored dog with blue eyes. I think he's like that because my cat is a siamese, so he also has brown fur, while also having blue eyes. Idk, every dream he's in is always very comforting. I like to think he's like an angel or a good omen, that things will get better and these rough times will pass.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
I had a dream a few months ago where I was walking around in a shopping plaza in my city. Somehow I got caught up in a shoot-off between two people and I got shot right through my back. Somehow I was still able to run away completely unaffected by a literal bullet through my spine.

I also had two dreams that I remember, right before school started. One was that I was on a bus, but forgot my mask, so I tried to look for one. No one else was wearing one, and they all laughed at me for bothering to look for one. The second dream was similar except that I was at my school and I was the only one wearing a mask and everyone was also making fun of me. Maybe it was a sign because turns out that people at school can't social distance or wear masks for shit.

I once had a dream that I had a girlfriend who was a scallion from Veggie Tales, and we had a baby daughter who took multiple forms at different points of the dream. Sometimes she was human, sometimes she was scallion, sometimes she was scallion with human limbs. One time she was a bottle of cola, which apparently came from my side of the family because in the dream I used to have a brother named Raymond who was a bottle of orange soda, but he died when he was emptied of his soda. Towards the end of the dream, she was a giant dollar bill, which I was tearfully considering spending on something because I'm still in college and my scallion GF just graduated and we're broke as shit, but in the end I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Other miscellaneous details of the dream:
  • My dorm room had an obscenely tall ceiling and was sometimes completely filled with breathable water
  • My room mate was Kakujo
  • I was with Torrian from Death Battle at one point, and I referred to him as "Uncle Torrian" when I handed him my daughter to hold, but I'm pretty sure he was just my friend and not actually my brother
  • There was one part where I was at the grocery store (this was the same scene with soda baby and Raymond) and I ran into Ganondorf, and I got really excited and asked him to show off his forward smash in the same way someone might ask a celebrity they ran into to say a famous quote from a character they played

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Homeschool Dreams:

In like September or October 2013, when I was doing home school in high school, I had a dream that Taylor Swift was doing a tour of high school assemblies, as celebrities sometimes do. Anyway, since I was homeschooled, she came to my house and gave the talk just to me. At the end, she was taking questions and like, I was the only one there, but I couldn't think of any questions. So she was nice and said she'd wait for me to think of something. Eventually I thought to ask her if it was worth it to be a music major in college (I don't know why I'd ask her that, she wasn't one) but I woke up before I could ask.

Similar dream was that I went to Japan as a foreign exchange student, but like, since I was a homeschool student I didn't actually go to school. I just sat in the corner of my Japanese apartment and did work alone on the computer.

Smogon Dreams:

This must have been around May 2013 or so. I had a dream that Kadew and I were actually students in an actual Smogon school, and Kevin Garrett was the teacher. I knew what Kadew looked like, so she was just herself, but since I didn't know what Kevin Garrett looked like, he was Adrian Monk (his avatar). Anyway, there was like a school shooting and they made us just duck and cover under the desks (which was for 1950s nukes).

I also had a dream that Mega Lucario got a Mega Evolution

I actually wasn't in this one:

Two guys and one lady who were like secret agents snuck onto this ship that was transporting Zoo Animals during a storm at sea. They were trying to figure out the meaning of the phrase "Much ado about nothing." The lady was on the laptop and the two dudes were looking at the zoo animals.

Anyway, so it turned out the answer was like "It's not much ado about nothing, it's much to do about nothing." And it turned out the whole thing was a high speed internet provider commercial. And the conceit was that your internet will be so fast that you'll get all your work done and then have nothing to do. So become a secret agent and hijack boats transporting zoo animals. (and that's why the lady was on the laptop)

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh lord where to begin with my dreams... I think I'll just start with the most memorable ones from the past few weeks, but I'll probably post more in this thread later!

That's no Snickers Bar (Yesterday): For some reason, I clean pools, and get a report that some kid took a poop in the pool. I go there to clean it, but when I get there, suddenly I'm controlling Peach like its Super Mario 3D World, and the "poop" becomes a giant turd monster. It's like I'm playing some sort of demented version of Super Mario 3D World, where I have to ground pound on the turd's head to beat it. After it explodes, I get a star, and Richard Feynman (a famous physcist) appears out of nowhere and says "Nice Job!". The dream ends here, and I wake up and type this up!

Mario's Revenge (October 4th): I had a dream where air sirens were heard, and swarms of Lakitu started flying in the sky, dropping exploding spinies. As I hear screams of panic, I hear Mario on a megaphone saying "THIS IS WHAT YOU FUCKING DESERVE". For some reason, I instinctively knew that this was revenge for the many times players had made Mario die. I try to get to "Smogon HQ" by hopping a ride on a Lakitu cloud, but the dream ends soon after.

The inspiration was probably what happened in Super Maro Bros 35 for me the day before lol

Don Gengar and the Swamp Hotel (Sometime in early September): In this dream, I was on my way to some sort of Smogon convention, when a Gengar with a fedora and a golden chain shows up and says "I got an offer you can't refuse: pay the toll, or pay your soul!" I pay the asshole 5 cartoon money bags, but he still wants more. Thankfully, someone starts playing Thriller on a boombox, which the Gengar can not resist dancing to, so I sneak away.

I realize I have barely any money left, so I book the cheapest hotel. The cheapest hotel by the way, rises out of a fucking swamp like its Atlantis, and for some reason, my thought in the dream is "wow this is gonna suck". I'm served by annoyed sekletons with googly eyes, which for some reason, I view as totally normal. The TV only has reruns of Full House, and they only serve 2 day old Papa Johns pizzas. The Dream ends when I fall asleep on the bed, ironically! I probably had this dream because I'm working on a Maro Maker 2 level that does in fact, have a run-down hotel in a swamp lol.

Carl Sagan's Life Tour (Late September): This is probably the coolest dream I had recently! In this dream, I'm on this space ship with Carl Sagan, who offers me a tour of life outside of Earth. We go to Venus, and see microscopic creatures living in the clouds, fragile soap like creatures in the clouds of Jupiter (think the creatures described in 2010: A Space Odyssey), eyeless fish from Ceres's sub-surface ocean, tubeworms from Europa's subsurface ocean. After looking throughout the Solar System, Carl Sagan steers the space ship towards exoplanets, with burgoning alien civilizations that have 1500s era technology (except the people are sorta like 6 tentacled lizards), a planet full of sentient trees, etc. The dream ends here.

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
I legit never really speak in the social parts of Smogon like this, but I had a dream that the entirety of The Crown Tundra was actually just Gen 4 remakes and all the Pokemon were coming back, including new prevos for some pokes. Bidoof had a prevo named "Biviper"(?) and fsr Keldeo also had a prevo but idr the name, I just remember it could talk? And I remember the designs p well, so I might just draw em up LOL. Figured I could share so I just don't forget, it was wild.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I legit never really speak in the social parts of Smogon like this, but I had a dream that the entirety of The Crown Tundra was actually just Gen 4 remakes and all the Pokemon were coming back, including new prevos for some pokes. Bidoof had a prevo named "Biviper"(?) and fsr Keldeo also had a prevo but idr the name, I just remember it could talk? And I remember the designs p well, so I might just draw em up LOL. Figured I could share so I just don't forget, it was wild.
If you get around to drawing these dream Pokemon mind sharing them here?

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had another wacky dream last night, it was the most elaborate one I've had in a while!

In it, I was in 1920s Egpyt, and was searching for the lost Goomba mummy. It had a really long name I don't remember. Anyways, I did what was apprently standard archelogical protocol in my dream: I hopped in a jeep, and drove right into the brick wall of the pyramid untile it exploded, letting a goomba spyhnx rise from the sand. I was expecting it to ask me a riddile, but instead it said...

"Fuck Marry Kill: Herman Cain, the Atari 2800, and this stack of dynamites".

It was a pretty shitty spyhnx, because before I could even answer, the dynamite blew up and I got to enter the sealed entrance.

Inside this ancient goomba tomb, I see rows of computers, and Smogon users typing on discord in them. I don't remember who the Smogon members where, so just assume you were in the dream! I asked a member what the hell was going on, and it told me "go speak to the Don".

The don by the way, was the Goomba mummy. He tried to make me an offer I couldn't refuse: "stop killing goombas in Mario, and I'll transport you back to 1776 where you can become god king of America." I stomped on it instead because it was a goomba, and the dream ended there!

I had another wacky dream last night, it was the most elaborate one I've had in a while!

In it, I was in 1920s Egpyt, and was searching for the lost Goomba mummy. It had a really long name I don't remember. Anyways, I did what was apprently standard archelogical protocol in my dream: I hopped in a jeep, and drove right into the brick wall of the pyramid untile it exploded, letting a goomba spyhnx rise from the sand. I was expecting it to ask me a riddile, but instead it said...

"Fuck Marry Kill: Herman Cain, the Atari 2800, and this stack of dynamites".

It was a pretty shitty spyhnx, because before I could even answer, the dynamite blew up and I got to enter the sealed entrance.

Inside this ancient goomba tomb, I see rows of computers, and Smogon users typing on discord in them. I don't remember who the Smogon members where, so just assume you were in the dream! I asked a member what the hell was going on, and it told me "go speak to the Don".

The don by the way, was the Goomba mummy. He tried to make me an offer I couldn't refuse: "stop killing goombas in Mario, and I'll transport you back to 1776 where you can become god king of America." I stomped on it instead because it was a goomba, and the dream ended there!
Why do so many of your dreams involve mob bosses giving you offers you can't refuse? Also,
  • Fuck Atari 2800
  • Marry stack of dynamite
  • Kill Herman Cain

What's up Smogoffers, back with another weird and incredibly wacky dream just for you!

Last night I dreamt about my house floating into the air like it was an unsolicited Up reference. But it turns out the whole dream was an unsolicited Up reference, because when I stumbled upon a Five Below I saw people spending tons of money on balloons to get high up in the sky. I then thought this was a bunch of monkey business, logged onto Smogon and then realized that the "People spend millions of dollars on balloons to get a great view of many city skylines" article was getting lots of conversations on the Smogoff forum. I was trying to find out who added a bunch of balloons to our roof, it was totally not the dog that drank 50 protein shakes but it was the whole family. We were so high up in the air that my horrible fear of heights was suddenly remedied because I could see the skyline of Baltimore after 45 minutes of the ride, distracting me down below when we were embarking on our adventure.

I guess one movie did make an impact on my dream. I was afraid we wouldn't be able to pay the bills.

Theorymon

Why do so many of your dreams involve mob bosses giving you offers you can't refuse? Also,
  • Fuck Atari 2800
  • Marry stack of dynamite
  • Kill Herman Cain
My dreams are often based off of stuff that's been going on in my life in some way or another, and my brother has been playing that Mafia remake, so that might be where those two dreams with mob bosses came from!

Also, since you're saying you'd fuck the Atari 2800, I figure you should at least know what you're getting into!

1602437129725.jpeg

Anyways, I had another weird dream last night! Granted, its a short feeling and vague one at that.

In it, I was helping people on this site fend off an alien invasion from aliens that called themselves the "decaffienoids". These aliens hated caffiene, and were executing people that consumed it. So, we were killing these aliens by putting on proton packs full of coffee. When these aliens came into contact with coffee, they exploded. We won the war after some "years", and celebrated by clinking mugs of coffee together as a toast.

Since I just got up and dreamnt about coffee like that... well, first thing I did before even typing this up was start brewing a pot of coffee!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)