Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion: MK3

I'm looking forward to playing Magikey, but because Magikey is designed to work with Drytron, I risk being yeeted in the sun :(
I kinda hope Fairy-Drytron gets gutted so you can play the ritual engine without shame, their designs and what they make viable is cool.

• Sad
Reactions: May

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Konami tried really hard to hit Tri-Brigade without actually putting any of the cards on the list. To their credit, the list is kinda creative. Barrage is a hit I wasn't expecting but don't hate, and Tenki should have been Limited years ago. The Eva Limit seems a bit soft, but I suppose it hurts grind game and makes a deck a little bit more fragile. Nothing else is a surprise given recent trends and upcoming product.

Welcome to Drytron T0 format lmao. It's going to make such a difference that now they have to go back to playing 1 Eva again. That Herald will have 4 negates rather than 6!!!!! Take roughly the list on previous page and just replace 1 Eva with Natasha or another Crossout target. Probably maindeck 3 Droll for the inevitable mirrors and maybe even maindeck a Cycle Reader too. There's also Orcust Crescendo post-siding, which Beatrice can send to search Cycle Reader. Yeah, this format is going to be "fun". Brush up on your Rock-Paper-Scissors skills everyone, they will probably be the difference maker.
Fuck Crossout.
Fuck stupid Tribrig "hits", they haven't even killed the Zoo engine. You still just normal a Zoo make Zeus brrr. Having 2 Rat Normal Summons rather than 4 is like... Why even bother banning barrage. They should have banned Rat instead so the engine is unplayable going first, if that's what they were going for. Tribrig is just going to have severe problems stopping Drytron with Crossout in the picture, that's the only reason it won't be T1.
Pranks were the one top deck that didn't deserve to get killed. Now they're a midrange deck that doesn't have a grind game. Nice. Now you don't have to bother with 3 Ash or Skull Meister in Drytron sides and only "have" to play the absurd blowouts. Ig people might switch to Ignister, but then who cares about a deck that's just praying your opponent can't out a really big body.
And Virtual World got buffed. Really? Like, it's not a cancer deck but then there is all the Beatrice shenanigans it gets up to. Looks like 3/4 top decks will be the best 3 decks next format too. No Konami, this isn't going to make us buy Myutants, PUNK or whatever garbage you're trying to sell.
Finally Nessie to 2 is slightly worrying in the context of... well, everything the Danger!s used to get up to. Should be fine. So long as we don't get any more.
I cannot put in words how much this banlist sucks. So I'll just leave what I said on Discord:

Before:
"All they have to is ban Eva or Benten and it's a good banlist. Everything else can wait 3 months. Drytron with 3 Crossout is an emergency now."

After:
"You had one job Konami. One job."
Drytron players deserve to be fired into the sun
Space X employees preparing to work triple overtime as we speak.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Kaiser col and zenmaity are still banned while mine is fully legal at 3. We truly live in a society.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Kaiser col and zenmaity are still banned while mine is fully legal at 3. We truly live in a society.
It wouldn't surprise me if they give Zenmaity a HOPT erratum before re-printing/unbanning it. I know it's at 1 in the OCG but they've done weirder in the past.

Kaiser Col is banned because it makes stun monsters way too much of a pain to out without drawing blowouts, and in practice it's basically an Extra Deck lock (bar link-1s and Fusions). Think Inspector Border/Dragoon together with Kaiser, and another few generic traps. It basically was the Mystic Mine of its day.
Zenmighty is largely still banned because it's generic. If it required 2 Level 3 Wind-Ups it probably could just come back to 3, Hunter or no. Unfortunately Zenmighty is just too easily accessible by way too many decks, and the Hunter loop being extremely generic as well doesn't help (sending B-Ws from Deck to GY is not exactly something foreign to the current metagame). Zenmighty will probably remain banned for much the same reason as M-X-Saber Invoker.
Mystic Mine isn't a great card against the current metagame, but I don't think a single tear would be shed over it being hit. The card is still just dumb.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
Kaiser Col is banned because it makes stun monsters way too much of a pain to out without drawing blowouts, and in practice it's basically an Extra Deck lock (bar link-1s and Fusions). Think Inspector Border/Dragoon together with Kaiser, and another few generic traps. It basically was the Mystic Mine of its day.
Zenmighty is largely still banned because it's generic. If it required 2 Level 3 Wind-Ups it probably could just come back to 3, Hunter or no. Unfortunately Zenmighty is just too easily accessible by way too many decks, and the Hunter loop being extremely generic as well doesn't help (sending B-Ws from Deck to GY is not exactly something foreign to the current metagame). Zenmighty will probably remain banned for much the same reason as M-X-Saber Invoker.
Mystic Mine isn't a great card against the current metagame, but I don't think a single tear would be shed over it being hit. The card is still just dumb.
I've seen some absolutely ridiculous combos that a theoretical triple Zenmaity deck could pull off. That card cannot go anywhere above 1 without a HOPT erratum.

May

My, my! So you've FINALLY arrived...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributor
The thing with Zenmaity is that people focus so much on the Hunter Hand Loop that they forget the actual Wind-Up Engine it created in the first place; Zenmaity + Magician is an incredible link engine and can just snowball so fast. You can access this thing off of a single Tour Guide, which in a world with Cherubini among other things nowadays gives BA a massive boost off the top of my head. Even one is really pushing it with how easily cards can be recycled nowadays.

The thing with Zenmaity is that people focus so much on the Hunter Hand Loop that they forget the actual Wind-Up Engine it created in the first place; Zenmaity + Magician is an incredible link engine and can just snowball so fast. You can access this thing off of a single Tour Guide, which in a world with Cherubini among other things nowadays gives BA a massive boost off the top of my head. Even one is really pushing it with how easily cards can be recycled nowadays.
This. Exactly this. A generic rank-3 that summons half-decent monsters from Deck is never healthy. Heck, Sea Dragon is a generic rank 3 that summons *banished* monsters and that's pretty borderline. Even 1 Zenmighty with a HOPT and Hunter ban would still probably make it an utterly bonkers card. Like I said, the only way to make it "fair" is to restrict it to using garbage Wind-Ups as material.

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Anyone here excited for the Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel client? I'm going to dump SO many hours into that game.
As a Edopro user, not really, for a number of reasons:

1) Konami always looked like a fairly greedy company to me, even if there are probably worse offenders. So I'm worried about Master Duel's free-to-play model, namely how much money you need to spend to be sort of competitive and whether you can viably earn in-game currency by playing;
2) Unlike fan-made simulators, official yu-gi-oh games have always had obnoxious animations;
3) Speaking of fan-made simulators, I'm worried konami may start to see them as "direct competitors" and take action to take them down.

Maybe there's already more info about the f2p model but I haven't checked yet. To be honest, I'm thinking of getting back into playing with actual cards at locals (after like 10 years since I gave away my old cards). I already bought some generic cheap staples such as D.D Crow, Foolish Burial and the Knightmares.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)