Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

gravekeepers seems to be the deck to run this format , it has an awesome match up against chaos dragons , good against inzektor / rabbit , dark world may be the only bad match up but the side should do work there .
Yes and no really. While they do have a really good match up against Chaos Dragons for the most part, they have a pretty variable match up against Inzektors and Dino-Rabbit and an absolutely terrible match up against Dark Worlds. The large amount of back row hate in this format really hurts them to, if you can't keep Necrovalley on the field, Chaos Dragons will trample you completely.

Inzektors and Dino-Rabbit is variable just because it really depends on the opening hand. If Inzektors open with Dragonfly and Hornet, it is basically game. If they couldn't equip from the hand it would be fine, but they can, so Necrovalley will not be slowing them down. The Dino-Rabbit match up can be decent depending on how well you can keep the Evolzars off the field.

Dark Worlds are the real menace. Gates and Grapha mean that Necrovalley will basically never be up, Grapha can basically trample anything that GKs have, and by running Skill Drain (like many do) Grapha basically becomes impossible to take down. The also make one of the most powerful tools GKs have, Royal Tribute, a horrible dead draw that benefits your opponent far more than it does you.

To put it simply, Gravekeepers are good, but they still have the consistency issues they have always had, and a really heavy reliance on back row in a format that just isn't kind to back row.

chaos dragons are way more popular than dw atm which really dilutes the dw issue. Like in a regional tournament, I would expect to play 0-1 times. Sure, the matchup is bad but w/e, dw is a rogue deck.

The rabbit matchup is pretty even, sure necrovalley doesnt really affect the majority of rabbit cards but it allows your monsters to trump theirs for the most part. Spy is really good here since it walls the dinosaur xyzs. Dolka is a pain though so try and keep your removal saved for it.

necrovalley is actually much better than you giving it credit for in the inzektor matchup, shuts down a bunch of tricks and the game basically revolves around protecting the necrovalley. Sure they can equip from the hand but it isnt unreasonable to chain shit to protect it.

I would honestly be more worried about final countdown then dw, esp if you dont have access to shock ruler. these points are rushed and poorly worded but w/e.

So I have this deck since like forever, and I don't what the banlist is so I am just going to post the cards:

Attackers/Sweeepers whatever they are called:

Celtic Guardian

Harpie's Brother

Master & Expert

Island Turtle

Flame Swordsman

Aqua Madoor

Unkown Warrior of Fiend

Toon Summoned Skull

Manga Ryu-Ran

Rogue Coll

Gearfried the iron knight

Ryu Ran

Big Eye x3

Feral Imp

Dream Clown

Flame Manipulator

Masaki The Legendary Swordsman

Darkfire Soldier #1

Blue Eyes Toon Dragon

Ryu-Kishin Powered

Slot Machine

X-Head Cannon

Magic Cards:

Eternal Rest

Toon World

Dian Keto The Cure Master

Monster Reborn x3

The Reliable Guardian

Buster Rancher

Triangle Power

Rush Recklessly

Black Pendant

Giant Trunade

Change of Heart x2

Polymerization x2

DARK HOLE MOTHERFUCKERS.

Attacker

Enchanted Javelin

Remove Trap

De-Spell

Graceful Charity

Trap cards:

Waboku x3

Fake Trap

Death Counterwork

Castle Walls

Blind Destruction

Just Desserts x2

Reinforcements x3

Magic Jammer

Type Zero Magic Crusher

So umm I don't know if anyone of the cards I listed are real or not, but umm I want to play..

I don't even know if this is valid, or viable

So I have this deck since like forever, and I don't what the banlist is so I am just going to post the cards:

Attackers/Sweeepers whatever they are called:

Celtic Guardian

Harpie's Brother

Master & Expert

Island Turtle

Flame Swordsman

Aqua Madoor

Unkown Warrior of Fiend

Toon Summoned Skull

Manga Ryu-Ran

Rogue Coll

Gearfried the iron knight

Ryu Ran

Big Eye x3

Feral Imp

Dream Clown

Flame Manipulator

Masaki The Legendary Swordsman

Darkfire Soldier #1

Blue Eyes Toon Dragon

Ryu-Kishin Powered

Slot Machine

X-Head Cannon

Magic Cards:

Eternal Rest

Toon World

Dian Keto The Cure Master

Monster Reborn x3

The Reliable Guardian

Buster Rancher

Triangle Power

Rush Recklessly

Black Pendant

Giant Trunade

Change of Heart x2

Polymerization x2

DARK HOLE MOTHERFUCKERS.

Attacker

Enchanted Javelin

Remove Trap

De-Spell

Graceful Charity

Trap cards:

Waboku x3

Fake Trap

Death Counterwork

Castle Walls

Blind Destruction

Just Desserts x2

Reinforcements x3

Magic Jammer

Type Zero Magic Crusher

So umm I don't know if anyone of the cards I listed are real or not, but umm I want to play..

I don't even know if this is valid, or viable
As someone who re-started after a few years about a month ago, I can tell you that unless you ran exodia, any deck from more than a year ago is pretty much useless. My best advice is to read up on the changes (xyz, synchro monsters), read up on the top few decks (chaos dragon/twilight , inzektor, E-Hero, Hieretic, Dark World, Light world, etc) pick a top tier deck, play a few matches, switch it up a bit, and basically get the hang of the game the same way you would transition from gen 3 to gen 5 in pokemon.

As someone who re-started after a few years about a month ago, I can tell you that unless you ran exodia, any deck from more than a year ago is pretty much useless. My best advice is to read up on the changes (xyz, synchro monsters), read up on the top few decks (chaos dragon/twilight , inzektor, E-Hero, Hieretic, Dark World, Light world, etc) pick a top tier deck, play a few matches, switch it up a bit, and basically get the hang of the game the same way you would transition from gen 3 to gen 5 in pokemon.
dafuq light world? never heard of it

The idea of card number advantage as solely being the game maker is ridiculous. By your reasoning, Book of Moon, Compulsion, Veiler, ect are absolutely awful.
As if FC had anything in common with EV or BoM. Other than their -1 the cards are nothing alike. Both BoM and EV are hard to stop. BoM also happens to be one of the most flexible cards in the game(if not the most flexible). EV's near guranteed effect and BoM's flexibility makes the -1 affordable. FC on the other hand is a slow ass CONTINUOUS(let the MST shenanigans begin) Trap Card that can be easily played around and is at most an annoyance. While not as bad as Two Pronged Attack, it is right there with Trap Hole or Black Horn of Heaven(though i think this card is pretty underrated).

i've been running evols for a while and i wanted some opinions

monsters(24)
evoltile odonto x1
evoltile casinerio x1
evoltile westlo x3
evoltile najasho x3
evolsaur cerato x2
evolsaur diplo x2
evolsaur vulcano x2
evolsaur elias x2
effect veiler x2
junk synchron x2
jurrac guaiba x2
neo-spacian grand mole x1

spells(13)
enemy controller x3
evo-diversity x3
evo-force x3
forbidden lance x3
primordial soup x2

traps(5)
dimension slice x1
bottomles trap hole x2
compulsory evacuation device x2

extra(12)
evolzar laggia x2
evolzar dolkka x2
evolzar solda x1
gachi gachi gantetsu x1
gaia dragon the thunder charger x1
number 17 x1
number 20 x1
number 39 x1
number C39 x1
wind-up zenmaines x1

i would also want some advice for the side deck

My Chaos Dragons.

Thoughts?
I would take out the trap hole. The chance of resolving it is very slim if it's the only card you set; people will fast mst it in end phase when you set it. I've tried it in trapless builds and it has never seemed worth it.

So I decided to take a break from DW and reading the wikia i found this, it seemed like I would never face this myself so why not? And I love it :D. I`ll explain it all because its kind of a mess.

The concept is very simple, yet long: Use Chain material with fusion gate for infinite fusions from deck/hand/grave, fuse Elemental Hero Electrum, return the fusion material to the deck with Electrum`s eff, summon another, overlay for Gustaph and use it to burn the opponent. I can then fuse gustaph with the detached Electrum for gaia (just to banish them), and summon Electrum again, take back all banished cards and repeat endlessly.

I really only need fusion gate in hand and a setted chain material for the kill; the main problem is that chain material cant survive a single turn setted! The Bubbleman and Bubbleman`s Illusion combo can net me a FTK because I dont need to set a thing, and the rest of the deck is based on getting the 4 cards in hand (necrovalley for cat, future fusion to prevent the heroes from clogging in hand, super poly, swords of light and mirror force are my lines of defense)

I run 2 of each hero so I can use at least 1 of each of the omni fusions in case chain material isn`t coming (or is with gold sarcophagous), and I consider too risky to only run 1 of each material.

I know this deck is very weird, but I wanted to try something new and god I hate the actual meta. I need help with the draw/search engine; I know it can do a lot better with the heroes but I don`t know a lot about them and this is the best I`ve got. Oh, and ignore the side, is made of cards I`m testing.

I`ll appreciate all suggestions :D

I still have a pretty good Horus deck, but nobody I know plays this anymore..... What are "Extra's" btw? I didn't pay much attention the last few years.

I used to be really into this in like eighth grade. When I stopped playing, I won a local tournament and made it to the semifinals in another...then I went on a vacation, missed the draft for Cybernetic Revolution and felt absolutely no desire to play again after that for whatever reason.

Reading this kind of makes me want to start playing on that simulator, but I wouldn't really have a clue as to how to even start catching up from the five years that I've missed. I read a couple pages of this and it was like reading another language; the last deck I ran was a generic Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning-led beatdown, which I'm guessing isn't quite viable anymore, lmao.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I still have a pretty good Horus deck, but nobody I know plays this anymore..... What are "Extra's" btw? I didn't pay much attention the last few years.
Extras are where cards such as the purple Fusions go - there are now new cards : white Synchro monsters, and black XYZ monsters. Synchro monsters require at least 1 "tuner" monster and one non-tuner. For example, to create a lv 6 Synchro, you would need a lv 3 tuner and a lv 3 non-tuner, or a 4 and 2, etc.

XYZ monsters require at least two monsters of the same level to create. To create a "rank" 3 XYZ, you need at least two lv 3 monsters.

I definitely recommend everyone who used to play to join us at #yugioh on irc and on the free site DuelingNetwork, which is like the PO for yugioh. The learning curve is honestly not too bad.

Lastly, Legendary Collection 3 has been announced - and the Seal of Orichalcos has been scheduled for a release. Pretty crazy shit if you ask me.I guess we'll have to wait and see.

link for LG3

If the seal really is hard to break, Malefics and Earthbound Immortals will probably be way more viable. Its hard to imagine a card that one sided being allowed for too long. I wouldn't be shocked to see its effect be: All (normal?) monsters gain 500 attack. This card cannot be targetted by a card effect. Both players can move monsters to their s&t zone, and back, where they are considered continuous spell cards with no effect. That is way more fair and, although still probably usable.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Haven't played this game in about 10 years, since my mother banned it from the house for its demonic nature. Thinking about legitimately picking it back up, so I'll tune in occasionally in an attempt to understand the basics.

Yeah I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh! since 2004, so it's been about 8 years since I retired from it. Been thinking about going back in but after playing Cardfight!! Vanguard it plays like a much better TCG than Yu-Gi-Oh! and it's gotten somewhat popular in my area just not as big as it could be.

Yes, it's Little City without Honest. I found that Honest didn't really do much for the deck, as it already had Skyscraper, Gemini Spark and Super Poly in addition to early fusions and XYZs. I'm aware that Skill Drain and Summoner Monk/Marshmallon clash, but it's obvious that I won't use Skill Drain when I plan on using Monk or Marshmallon early on. It's not too much of a problem late game as by then I'll almost always have something better to use on the field.

My Side deck is geared to hate on Chaos Dragons and Hieratics/Dark World. Chain Disappearance eliminates Rescue Rabbit/Inzektor Dragonfly (along with Kagemusha and key cards in other decks), while Imperial iron Wall stops Chaos Dragons in its tracks. Soul Drain will prevent Hieratics and Dark World cards from using their effects (except for Grapha's summoning effect).

Here's what I side out

Inzektors: Chain Disappearance, Forbidden Chalice

Dino-Rabbit: Chain Disappearance, Forbidden Chalice, Forbidden Lance, Grand Mole, Snowman Eater.

Wind-Up: Chain Disappearance, Forbidden Chalice

Chaos Dragons: Imperial Iron Wall, Grand Mole, Forbidden Lance

Dark World: Soul Drain, Grand Mole, Forbidden Lance

Hieratics: Soul Drain, Grand Mole

Six Samurai: Chain Disappearance, Grand Mole, Snowman Eater.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)